Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Search box top right anomaly
Latest: 11 minutes ago
Does Anyone Know ?
Latest: 19 minutes ago
Can't Comment?
Latest: 64 minutes ago
Why.
Latest: 2 hours ago
Gallery - What's this view of it ? (reply: Design before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.)
Latest: 5 hours ago
Recently uploaded albums only partially displayed
Latest: 9 hours ago
Group Cover Photo Can't Be Changed in Beta version
Latest: 11 hours ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 21 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 22 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 23 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 28 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Identified] No pictures photostrip or else!

boundless sea says:

I can't see any pictures from myself or any other member in Flickr!
Posted at 2:42PM, 25 September 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 6 days ago.

view photos

boundless sea says:

I have been using 3 type of computers PC HP, iMac PC, Roku Smart TV and Cell
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

boundless sea says:

I could see any picture in the web but Flickr

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

Harry Lean:

I can't see any pictures from myself or any other member in Flickr!

What *do* you see?

What happens when you click on this link:

www.flickr.com/photos/mabelia/

?

...or this one:

www.flickr.com/photos/194003725@N03/

?

view photos

Tread Travels says:

For the last week or so........... CANNOT SEE ANY PICTURES.....WITH NO EXPLANATION FROM FLICKR STAFF...............AND THE OVERLOAD OF ALERTS IS TIRESOME.

view photos

Tread Travels says:

Can anyone answer in a timely fashion please

view photos

Viejito says:

Tread Travels: For the last week or so

Have you tried help.flickr.com/contact ?

view photos

Tread Travels says:

Viejito:

No.........did not use that! Would have preferred you telling me if you can see images, so I know if it is down or not or perhaps just me. MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

Clicked on both links and see only white blank page. Same as Harry, WE CANNOT SEE ANY IMAGE ON flickr

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Tread Travels:

If Mabel had not been able to see your photos or anyone else's she would have told you.
I can see all your photos, and have no problem seeing my own or anyone else's.

It seems that there are only two of you having this problem.
If everyone were having the same problem the Help Forum would be neck-deep in posts and threads about this.

So, the problem seems to be at your end (and the OP's).

Have you tried anything yourself to fix this?
If so, what?

Have you rebooted your computer or whatever device you are using?
Have you rebooted your router, if you are using one?
Have you tried (temporarily) disabling any adblocker or browser add-ons?
Have you tried anything at all?

My money is on an ad-blocker.
That's the commonest reason for this kind of problem on Flickr.
Even if that's not it, though, you are going to need to provide considerably more information than "I can't see any photos!" if you want anybody to stand even the slightest chance of helping you.

view photos

Pao Navarrete Photos says:

no photos for me too... i checked about 48hrs ago and it wasn't like this.

scontent.fmnl6-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/243012773_1022...
and
scontent.fmnl6-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/242991372_1022...

i've cleared cookies, restarted chrome, no ad blocker.
Pao Navarrete Photos edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

Viejito says:

Your photos show instantly here.
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Viejito:

still blank on my end

view photos

Tread Travels says:

Nionyn_:

Thank you for the ideas and patronage.
- I disabled ad-blocker
- refreshed
- rebooted-cleared cookies
- rebooted router
- own multiple laptops and each have no access to images
- Googled if FLICKR was down
- Googled the issue and did a hard refresh Ctrl & F5
- inspected page elements
- sent page links to my email to see if link allows viewing

And clearly not the only person that remains with white blanket of no images appearing any-where on FLICKR. Best regards.

Perhaps it's the new garbage notification set-up

view photos

Tread Travels says:

Pao Navarrete Photos:

As said, I am in the same boat along with many, as many have no idea their is a "No Help Forum"

view photos

Tread Travels:

No.........did not use that! Would have preferred you telling me if you can see images, so I know if it is down or not or perhaps just me. MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

As noted by Nionyn I would have written "me too" or some such text if I had been in the "same boat" as OP. I added the links for OP to try, because sometimes navigating from a different location/link might make a difference.

I recommend using this link, already supplied by Viejito:

www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

(Chances are staff could pop in here.)

view photos

Tread Travels says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

Thanks......... tried both your links along with 100;s of links to peoples pages. Still blank. In my 1st post I wrote in caps.........cannot see any images
As per the link you posted to send a request., It asks for your full name and that is absurd at best. My account upon sign up 16 plus years ago has that information.
Tread Travels edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

I found a 'contact us' function here, sent an email, and in my inbox was this auto reply. Check out what it says, might be why some of us can't see any photos. scontent.fmnl6-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/243011672_1022...

view photos

Tread Travels says:

Pao Navarrete Photos:

Thats a Bot. and fcbdn.net is a facebook URL.
And if anyone is interested..... my name is >Sum Ting Wong
Anyways......... many sites never leave well enough alone and since image restriction at 1000 or go Pro (many non-Pro members have 4 or 5 thousand images....STILL) and FLICKR joined up with SMUG.......and now the new notifications that know one wants. Growing tired here waiting for a Staff member to log in and be Staff!!

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Harry Lean, Pao Navarrete Photos, Tread Travels:

Sorry to hear you're running into trouble here!

Although we're not currently experiencing widespread reports of photos not loading, we understand that there are many factors within your particular setup that can contribute to this frustrating experience.

As Nionyn_ mentioned, ad-blockers are a common cause of this symptom. Temporarily disabling them can help narrow down if this is the root cause!

Additionally, in the past we've found there is often some other security protection within the network or device that is preventing Flickr from being able to load correctly.

If your network security is blocking the staticflickr.com server, this would cause the main site and many site components to load, but not the photos themselves.

Please double check if you have any network security set up & ensure it will allow all items from both flickr.com and combo.staticflickr.com to load. (Both of these domains are needed to load the site properly.)

If you do so & continue to run into issues, please contact staff directly & we'll be happy to continue troubleshooting!

view photos

A. K. Hombre says:

Same here, it's been blank for a whole week now, except for 1 picture. Some of your profile pics don't show as well, and some do.

view photos

Tread Travels says:

katie_ko:

Thankyou for reply. I shut off virus protection and still no ability to see images. I responded here in reply as I do not wish to fill out a request form. The problem still exits........no images anywhere on FLICKR can be seen for the last 6 days now,

view photos

Viejito says:

Tread Travels:

I shut off virus protection
Not very safe. Safer to just allow acces to flickr.com and staticflickr.com in whatever firewall or other security software you may have, and in your browser.

You could also try allowing third-party cookies.

Try one of these at a time, until one of them works.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Tread Travels:

I responded here in reply as I do not wish to fill out a request form.

If, as you have said, you want help from staff then you are going to have to do what staff have asked you to do, and fill in the form.
Otherwise you are posting on what is primarily a user-to-user forum here. When staff do happen to pop in to a thread they always ask people to contact them directly, using the form.

view photos

Tread Travels:

I made screenshots and uploaded to my facebook account to share them here.Yes its a bot/auto reply, I'm directly telling them that something is wrong from my end, I have not made any changes to my machine or system prior to not seeing my photos. the problem seems to be the same on my phone, i see thumbnails but if i click on them, no actual/big photo. some don't have thumbnails at all.
Pao Navarrete Photos edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

John Frattura says:

Tread Travels:

Pao Navarrete Photos:

A. K. Hombre:

...are all located in the Philippines. Possibly related to the issue?

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Pao Navarrete Photos:

the problem seems to be the same on my phone

More info needed if you want anyone to be able to help you, either staff or fellow members.
Is your phone connected to your home wi-fi?
If so, is this the same as your computer(s) on which you are also having the same problem?
On your phone, are you using a Flickr app or accessing Flickr via a web-browser?
Have you tried your phone connected via 4G or 5G (i.e. not via wi-fi)?
Have you tried all (and I do mean all) of the suggestions already made in this thread?

The more pertinent info you can give, the more likely it is that someone might be able to help you.
And as far as this is concerned, the same applies to fellow members and to staff.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

John Frattura:

...are all located in the Philippines. Possibly related to the issue?

Oooh! Well spotted, John!

To the posters having this problem in the Philippines: do you all perhaps use the same ISP?

As already mentioned, the more information given, the better the likelihood of a solution.

view photos

Tread Travels says:

I have Globe Fiber and still have no images.

view photos

Tread Travels:

I'm on Globe Fiber too!

Is your phone connected to your home wi-fi? - yes and so are other phones

If so, is this the same as your computer(s) on which you are also having the same problem? - yes

On your phone, are you using a Flickr app or accessing Flickr via a web-browser? - phone, app, wifi, no photos. phone, chrome, wifi, no photos.

Have you tried your phone connected via 4G or 5G (i.e. not via wi-fi)? - yes. i disconnected my phone from wifi, connected to data, was finally able to see photos on app and chrome(slower loading on chrome though.) NOTE: my isp at home and my sim/data are both globe telecoms.

Have you tried all (and I do mean all) of the suggestions already made in this thread? - yes.

i switched back from data to wifi and app/chrome won't show any photos again. i am able to see some but they're the 'residue' of when I was in data. if i click on the shown photos, i either see nothing afterwards or just the thumbnail itself(not the bigger photo.)

view photos

Tread Travels says:

I do not nor ever will own a cell phone.
I use laptops connected to home wifi, wireless and also hardline, depending which home I am in. Still no images

view photos

mag3737 says:

Tread Travels:

I do not nor ever will own a cell phone.
I use laptops connected to home wifi, wireless and also hardline, depending which home I am in. Still no images

I keep seeing more replies from you here, and I keep thinking back to your refusal to work with staff directly as they have requested. If you refuse to help them help you, it's hard to imagine you obtaining any progress on your problem.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Thanks for the additional details & reports.

The issue does seem to be location specific (John was on the right track!) & our engineers are currently digging deeper into the underlying cause here.

In the meantime, using a VPN may act as a temporary workaround.

Thanks for your patience & we'll continue to provide updates in this thread as they arise!
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

boundless sea says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

Hi Mabel thank you for your help but I can't see no pictures. But I'm telling you from an advice of a Lady from Flickr group I try Flickr using Data from my Cell no internet and it worked! so I do not what will be next step to follow.

view photos

Harry Lean:

Hi Mabel thank you for your help but I can't see no pictures. But I'm telling you from an advice of a Lady from Flickr group I try Flickr using Data from my Cell no internet and it worked! so I do not what will be next step to follow.

Meanwhile I have gathered from fellow members who are troubled by the same "no picture" issue, that you guys simply get blank pages, no error messages, no black placeholders, just blank pages.

I assume you have taken heed of the two Flickr staff posts in this thread?

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157719905151719/#reply7...

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157719905151719/#reply7...

Coincidentally, Is a "lady from Flickr group" a staff member whith whom you had email contact?

view photos

boundless sea says:

katie_ko:

Thank you for your advice I'm using VPN And so far very good will see what I will do next!

view photos

Tread Travels says:

I added a VPN for Chrome and it is a mess. So slow and continuous full page pop-up that wants me to check list 30 odd questions on cookies to allow and other junk..and it's not even in English and Google cannot translate so I deleted the VPN. Tried others but some want you to download, trial to pay accounts,and just do not seem to find a VPN I am happy with. Still no images appear with-out a VPN. Just to update. Thank you FLICKR Staff.........hope yah solve this one out.

view photos

ferdzdecena says:

I'm from the PH and a globe user too. Been having this problems for weeks already on my MAC Big Sur.

So far, using the TOR browser works for me but it's a pain when I'm using it with wordpress. I hope it would be resolved soon
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

raininren says:

I'm having the same problem.
I can't see any photos on flickr using the following:
- app on my iPAD pro
- browser on iPAD
- browser on android phone
- browsers on PC
- browser on Macbook pro

I can however see them on:
- Flickr android app
- corporate laptop browser

I've deleted and reinstalled the app. Restarted my devices, cleared the cache. Didn't solve anything.

The only difference between the ones I can view and can't view on is that I regularly access Flickr on my android app and my corporate laptop for the past years since I've had those devices. (I don't know if this has anything to do with any of this.)

I only noticed the non loading this week because I got an ipad and then tried to check on other people's devices at home if I can access them.

I've sent an email to Flickr. Didn't get a reply.
raininren edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

raininren says:

Update:

I'm out of town and brought my iPad. Lo and behold, the app worked and Flickr now loads all photos.

The place has a different ISP.

Still it's weird since my android Flickr app and corporate laptop worked with my home ISP (Globe Fibre).

I'll find out next week when I connect again on my ISP if the iPad will still load the photos or not.

If this is indeed an ISP issue, how will this be solved? We can't just swap ISPs. :(

view photos

raininren:

If this is indeed an ISP issue, how will this be solved?

Contact your ISP?

view photos

francesbean says:

Same here, I am from the Philippines, been a flickr user since forever. Photos are not loading at all. I've contacted Flickr help and waiting for the response.

Also on Globe Fiber.

view photos

francesbean:

globe fiber and data won't show for me. i'm in las pinas. my wife in the uk has no problem seeing my portfolio. a globe technician who came here for a cable replacement tried to reconfigure the connection from my place, no luck. he said that there was a connection migration and different lines have different issues. this is the issue for you and me. some were not able to make video calls in fb messenger. i have an appointment with globe tomorrow about this and i don't plan to pay my bill in full if they can't fix this.
Posted 1 week ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

francesbean says:

Pao Navarrete Photos:

Thanks for the response Pao. So it looks like an ISP problem after all. Yes, I also confirm that I also cannot access via data. Someone suggested changing the DNS settings. I will look this up and try it too.

In any case, I am also sharing the response from Flickr:

"The issue you are experiencing with images not loading has been reported to us by a small number of members.

I apologize for any trouble this is causing. Our engineers are aware of the issue and working on a resolution, and I added your name to the list of affected members.

I'll reach out to you once I have any major updates."

Please let me know if you have any luck, or received feedback from Globe.

view photos

(deleted)
Pao Navarrete Photos edited this topic 1 week ago.

view photos

francesbean:

new findings...

on globe fiber:
pc, flickr on chrome, no pics
phone, flickr on chrome, no pics
phone, flickr on app, pics

on data(globe sim):
phone, flickr on chrome, no pics
phone, flickr on app, pics

chrome might be the culprit. i will now test on other browsers.
Pao Navarrete Photos edited this topic 1 week ago.

view photos

Pao Navarrete Photos:

chrome is my main/only browser so i cleaned all but the passwords. still cannot view photos on my pc.

i did a clean install of opera and firefox, still no pics.

i'd be ruling out globe/isp as the issue as on the same isp i can see pics on my phone via the app.

perhaps windows10 or this is a browser is the issue?

what os and browser are you using @francesbean?

view photos

I got my mom's old iphone5s for testing... no photos on safari and on the flicker app.

so far only android's app can show pics for me
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

used data on my phone then tethered my pc. no photos on flickr using chrome, firefox, and opera.

view photos

were it not for the flicker app on my android phone, isp would have been the culprit. i cannot see photos using any browser on any os. odd that flickr for ios can't show pics but the app on android does not have problems.

sorry if i've flooded this thread. its 2am here and just had to run more troubleshooting to put an end to this matter. unfortunately the rabbit hole just got deeper. i guess i won't be going to globe anymore tomorrow/later as my fiber can show pics but only in the app on android.

this is so weird!

view photos

I had not gone far when globe called me, its not a physical appointment but a phone in so i gave all the details i said above. i mentioned the 3 .coms in the last comment on this thread too: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157714007632766/

view photos

francesbean says:

I don't have too much time at this moment, but I did a quick check:

It works on Smart data on my husband's mobile.
Not working in all of my devices, and I use Globe data and Globe fiber.
I hope Globe fixes this in no time. I'll try to report the incident later too.

Thanks for sharing the other thread!
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mine is fixed, finally! i can see pics on my pc (and chrome.)
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

As many folks here have pointed out, the issue being reported here is in fact an ISP related issue-- notably with those using Globe.

While it looks like some reporters are back in action, if you’re still having issues you’ll need to contact your service provider directly to let them know!
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

raininren says:

Mine is fixed now too!
Thanks for talking to Globe lol.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads