Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Does Anyone Know ?
Latest: 39 seconds ago
Search box top right anomaly
Latest: 22 minutes ago
Can't Comment?
Latest: 47 minutes ago
Why.
Latest: 73 minutes ago
Gallery - What's this view of it ? (reply: Design before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.)
Latest: 5 hours ago
Recently uploaded albums only partially displayed
Latest: 9 hours ago
Group Cover Photo Can't Be Changed in Beta version
Latest: 11 hours ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 21 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 21 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 23 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 28 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Organizr still messing up album cover photos

txmx 2 says:

The albums overview in organizr is still picking random photos as cover photos instead of the intended ones.

It is always changing and inpredictable, sometimes ≈ 10% of albums, sometimes more, and the -falsely- choosen pics also tend to randomly change.

If you have a large number of albums, this is annoying because it is harder to find a specific album when the look is always changing.
-
Nevertheless, if I click "open album", the correct cover is displayed, and in the single photo view the associated album is displayed correctly too. (At least..)
-
I reported this in the help forum some weeks ago, and there was the standard staff reply "We are looking into this", but nothing happened since.
-
Please fix it, thanks!
-
W. Safari 14.1.1
Posted at 12:12AM, 7 September 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

mag3737 says:

In case this helps, I have seen the same problem in Organizr, although it has only been with my most recently created albums. (I have not examined any older ones recently, so I am not saying it's NOT happening, just that I haven't looked.)
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

txmx 2 says:

It also occurs on albums I have not touched for years.
-
A quick count: 71 of 341 covers currently are displayed wrong.

A screenshot sample:

Organizr album-covers bug
txmx 2 edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

txmx 2:

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing this with your album cover photos.

A bug report was created when this issue was initially flagged, and is being looked into by our engineers.

We will certainly share updates here as they arise.

Thanks!

view photos

mag3737 says:

txmx 2:

A quick count: 71 of 341 covers currently are displayed wrong.

That doesn't sound "quick" at all. It would take me the better part of a week to open 341 albums and compare their cover photos with the one currently being displayed on the thumbnail page.

view photos

txmx 2 says:

mag3737:

one hour or less :)

I know all my cover photos by heart, because

1. I look at he organizr/albums/overview almost daily (since many years), when I add new photos and

2. I selected them carefuly, to be representative and well-filling the square format (what the wrong ones unfortunally do not) and, no, I opened just a few albums for this screenshot.
txmx 2 edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

txmx 2 says:

R L Catlow:

Thank you, let's hope for a solution!

view photos

J3 HK | The Real Hong Kong says:

Frankly I have given up hope of a solution, this issue has been ongoing for quite a few months and I have had direct contact with Flickr by email to no avail

I have close to 1,200 albums and it is a nightmare, my issues are as described as above however a new issue is really annoying me, when I load organiser now maybe 200 to 300 cover images on the album are not actually shown it shows a number 271576 ( same number it seems for all the missing cover images )

It is driving me nuts mainly because I like order and spend a lot of time making sure my content is just so ( 133,000 images )

Eventually I think it is going to get worse and when an album cover image changes it will stay changed, you fix it and then it happens again when you reload organiser!!!

view photos

txmx 2 says:

..still not fixed..
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

txmx 2 says:

As of today, 1.10.2021:
Still a mess, still not fixed..
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

chrisinplymouth says:

For several months now I have noticed album cover photos in Organizer often changing, seeming at random. Frankly, I don't see it as a problem. As long as the album cover photos as seen by the public, (on my Albums page) do not change then I am quite happy.
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )
chrisinplymouth edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

txmx 2 says:

.."is being looked into by our engineers.

We will certainly share updates here as they arise.."

will it ever happen?
@chrisinplymouth :

If you have many albums, finding the right one is much easier, and it looks more pleasant, too.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads