Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 20 hours ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 6 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 8 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 14 months ago

Current Discussion

Deleting words from the stored tags after uploading a new image.
Latest: 5 minutes ago
Lightroom 6.14 export errors with jfFlickr plugin
Latest: 26 minutes ago
[Identified] Error when I try to add tags in Batch editing
Latest: 52 minutes ago
remove account
Latest: 15 hours ago
Adding tags to multiple pictures
Latest: 15 hours ago
How to restrict website viewing to only the shared photo
Latest: 16 hours ago
Can't save Group icon
Latest: 21 hours ago
maplogs.com :(
Latest: 21 hours ago
photo totals in a few albums listed wrong
Latest: 26 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] My total views
Latest: 36 hours ago
unresolved issue with searching for tagged images
Latest: 2 days ago
MacOS Monterey Safari won't log in
Latest: 2 days ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Free account and my pro account gives different view stats

Constant Favier says:

I was very proud today to reach more than 1 million views (seen in my pro-account). But my family (with free account) sees 834K views. So that is a big difference. How is this possible and how to solve? And what number can I believe?
Greeting,

Constant Favier
Posted at 2:20AM, 17 July 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )
Constant Favier edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

Constant Favier:

How is this possible and how to solve? And what number can I believe?

Signed in, my About page shows 2,777,889 views. This number corresponds to the "photos" box, far left on my stats page. Using an unsigned (in) browser my About page shows 2,574,467 for a difference of 203,422 views. I only have 43 "private" images, most of those can be seen in my comments by way of guest passes and anyway they do not come close to adding up to 203.4k view difference. I have zero moderate or restricted images. My signed in browser shows 8560 photos, subtract the 43 private images leaves 8517 photos, but the unsigned in browser says 8509 images. I have never assigned any image to be hidden from search but apparently 9 of them may be hidden from search. I guess 203.4k views may come from members that have hidden themselves from searches and so these views are not reported on the unsigned in browser, but do show (to me) on my signed in browser. This still does not explain the 9 image discrepancy. I am aware that one private photo at the back end of my stream is not counted at all due to a bug from way back in time. This bug would require that staff reset my counts, but I never requested that they do this (I still don't request it) because I really don't care a hoot about the reported numbers. I've been describing observations about my own account because only you can see all of the numbers in your own account. How to solve it? I guess you could try contacting staff directly using the help link at the bottom of this page and the "contact us" link at the bottom of that page and ask them to "reset your account", perhaps that will sync some of your numbers or at least bring them closer to each other. What number can you believe? IMO none of the reported numbers should be believed. I think flickr tries it's best to give us accurate numbers but there are just insurmountable obstacles to obtaining this goal. Flickr has never said that the reported stats are 100% accurate.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

47604 says:

Does the total on the "About" page not include the "photostream" views. Certain i read that somewhere over the years.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Constant Favier says:

mcnod:

Thank you for your opinion and advice. I have contacting the staff directly.
Greeting,

Constant Favier
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads