Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 22 hours ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 6 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 8 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 14 months ago

Current Discussion

Retrieving old personal photos
Latest: 2 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] My total views
Latest: 16 minutes ago
Can't save Group icon
Latest: 45 minutes ago
remove account
Latest: 67 minutes ago
Deleting words from the stored tags after uploading a new image.
Latest: 3 hours ago
Lightroom 6.14 export errors with jfFlickr plugin
[Identified] Error when I try to add tags in Batch editing
Adding tags to multiple pictures
Latest: 18 hours ago
How to restrict website viewing to only the shared photo
Latest: 18 hours ago
maplogs.com :(
Latest: 24 hours ago
photo totals in a few albums listed wrong
Latest: 28 hours ago
unresolved issue with searching for tagged images
Latest: 2 days ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

How to price and sell selected photos on FLICKr?

A Storytelling Man says:

I just sent this email request to the official "Help" page at 11:30 am CT on today, July 5, 2021:

I just renewed or re-joined the "PRO" ranks at FLICKr, in high anticipation of being able to select the best of my 40,000+ photos to price and sell online. However, I have spent the whole morning trying to find a step-by-step, consumer friendly statement on how to do that. If there is a way, where is it? And through what third-party vendor?

Even on the "Help," page it is painfully obviously there is no easy-to-read answer to my subject line statement, "How to Price and sell selected photos on FLICKr?" Unbelievable.

I really need some immediate help with this issue or an honest enlightenment that I just threw my $60 down the toilet.
Posted at 9:33AM, 6 July 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

wildhareuk says:

A Storytelling Man:

A Storytelling Man:

As far as I know, you can only "buy" your own photos as prints - the cart is only visible for you. This is probably why you can't find much information about selling on Flickr. If there is a third party vendor that links to Flickr, you may have to find it yourself, unless other members that browse this forum are aware of one.

I'm not sure that you have thrown your money away, you have over 40,000 photos on Flickr that would in all likelihood get deleted (other than 1000) if you don't have a PRO account.
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Flickr is primarily an on-line photo-sharing site, not a photo-selling site.

We can all order prints and books of our own photos through Flickr, but not other people's photos in that way.

With a paid-for account ('Pro') you are allowed to sell your own photos via your account (this is notionally not allowed from Free accounts), but you would have to organise printing, delivery and pricing yourself.

It's possible that you could use Flickr's printing services to print your own photos but have them delivered to someone else, but I have never used Flickr for prints and have never looked into it, so I don't know.

view photos

Richard Harvey UK says:

The OP already promotes his Picfair account on his About page. I looked, which possibly was the real intent of the question…

Which he’s entitled to do of course, for his $60.

Aren’t Pro account holders also entitled to a discounted SmugMug subscription?

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Richard Harvey UK:

Aren’t Pro account holders also entitled to a discounted SmugMug subscription?

Yes, 50% off their first year for a new subscription.

view photos

Richard Harvey UK says:

Nionyn_:

Ah yes, ta.

Which I assume the OP is perfectly well aware of….

view photos

A Storytelling Man says:

Richard Harvey UK:

Richard Harvey UK:

Sorry, friend Richard, but you misread my intention. It was simply, as stated to discover how the heck to do what I read about pricing -- just an a enticing tidbit, which I took to mean the marketing system would be explained somewhere in the fine print. Dumb me, there apparently is no such thing.

By the way, upon renewing my PRO account, I just went down the line filling in the blanks to set up the account with my preferences. And since I had read in the rules that linking to 3rd party web sites for sale of one's photos was approved . . . I went ahead and put in mine.

Anyway, I thank you sincerely for your reply and for those of the other members.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Richard Harvey UK:

The OP already promotes his Picfair account on his About page. I looked, which possibly was the real intent of the question…

Which he’s entitled to do of course, for his $60.

Only a couple hundred photos there, and no obvious signs of organization/curation capability like Flickr has.

view photos

Richard Harvey UK says:

A Storytelling Man:

Then my sincere apologies.But as you’ve now realised Flickr is not in itself a marketing platform. Presumably SmugMug is where you would be directed (if Flickr were advising you). Keeping it in the family as it where…

view photos

Gray Lensman QX! says:

A Storytelling Man:

You might be remembering this blast from the past (aka 2010):

"Flickr on Tuesday entered a partnership with Getty Images to offer its users a way to potentially make money off their photography."

The partnership seems to have withered at some point. I don't know what happened to it.

EDIT: What the hey! According to this 2021 article:

"10. License Through Flickr & Getty Images
Flickr helps thousands of people to start making money from their photos. If you have a Flickr account, you can now license your photos through Getty Images. So, when people see them, they can pay to use them, and earn you money.

"Flickr members can turn on a “Request to License” link on their photo pages. The link will show right next to the licensing information. When a member makes a request, Getty Images reviews the photographer’s work. They will contact the Flickr member and help handle details like permissions, releases, and pricing. I would recommend only showing your best photos on Flickr, though."

expertphotography.com/make-money-from-photography/
Gray Lensman QX! edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

albyn.davis says:

A Storytelling Man:

There are different ways to market/sell photography. I'm not using Flickr to do it, although someone publishing postcards, for example, might find you there.

There's several sites dedicated to helping you sell photos. They are a good place to see what sells and to whom. I'm also recently trying out Picfair. No takers so far, but this requiires patience.

Just ran across a guy who travels the country setting up a booth with his photos, which have been processed, enlarged, and framed. Out of my league.

Good luck.
albyn.davis edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads