Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 25 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 8 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 11 months ago

Current Discussion

view count under my photos in my photostream
Latest: 6 minutes ago
Phantom "Removed Due to Copyright Infringement" replacement images appearing?
Latest: 17 minutes ago
Crochet
Latest: 4 hours ago
Failed to upload error
Latest: 15 hours ago
The new Flickr editing system.
Latest: 26 hours ago
Group Join Buttons Don't Work!
Latest: 35 hours ago
Flickr URLs on Android don't open in the app
Latest: 35 hours ago
AWARDS What's the point?
Latest: 2 days ago
Image vText
A group to help chose among different versions of a picture
[Investigating] Uploadr on Mac (Catalina) stuck on "scanning" Photos library
Latest: 3 days ago
Please fix EQUIRECTANGULAR and 360 photos.
Latest: 3 days ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Inviting to Groups

Waterford_Man says:

To invite to groups you need to go into the actual photo again as otherwise if you are an admin of multiple groups it selects the default first one on your list again as opposed to the one you are trying to invite to.

This was an issue before but was fixed, seems the glitch is back.
Posted at 5:20AM, 30 April 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mag3737 says:

Where are you inviting "from" if it is not from an actual photo page? I'm asking because that is the only way I know how to invite photos. (And if you're not on a photo page, I'm curious which photo(s) are you attempting to invite?)
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mag3737 says:

Ok ... thanks to a private message I've realized invitations are possible via the little [+] symbol on the thumbnails in places like photostreams and Explore.

But now I'm curious what you mean by "it selects the default first one on your list". When I tried this in a few places, it actually just shows the whole list of groups. No group is "selected" although they are simply listed in alphabetical order. I can either scroll down the list, or I can type in the filter box to shorten the list (and then -- did you know? -- you can use the arrow key to move a selection down the list, and then ENTER to confirm the choice).

Are you saying that this box used to "remember" a previous group to which you had been inviting other photos?
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Waterford_Man:

Hi, thanks for flagging this. I am reaching out to you directly to see if I can help out.
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads