Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 5 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 11 months ago

Current Discussion

Can't login from PC > 'invalid password' error message
Latest: 55 minutes ago
Group Join Buttons Don't Work!
Latest: 60 minutes ago
AWARDS What's the point?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Please fix EQUIRECTANGULAR and 360 photos.
Latest: 11 hours ago
I am not receiving notifications of updates from people I follow.However I do receive them for any up loads I have put up..I have checked my settings and all appear to be normal
Latest: 15 hours ago
Flickr “ edit photos “ not working.......yet again
Recent uploads not searchable through tags
Album descriptions, contents not saving correctly?
Latest: 16 hours ago
"Invalid Password" under Linux Mint 20
Latest: 19 hours ago
iPhone 12/ cannot see pics/videos I uploaded
Latest: 20 hours ago
Easy Photostream RSS Feed
Latest: 21 hours ago
Pro-Subscription pricing - scam or error? $80.99 for a year?
Latest: 24 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

"Invalid Password" under Linux Mint 20

splinx1 says:

Today while trying earlier to log onto my Flickr account while running Mint 20 (Cinnamon-64), I kept getting "Invalid Password" response.

Now I've rebooted to Mint Cinnamon 19.2 (64) and was able to log on without issue.

I dunno what it means, but it must mean something.

FYI
Posted at 11:37AM, 1 May 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

micael18 says:

splinx1:

No problems here - except, I wrote my password wrong first time... :-) But now, I'm in - and that is on Linux Mint 20,1 Cinnamon, on a HP Elitebook 8470p.

And, on Firefox

I'm writing this post, on Linux Mint...
Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )
micael18 edited this topic 4 days ago.

view photos

splinx1 says:

micael18:
Thanks. It's possible my Mint 20.1 live session drive is corrupted, or the image itself is, but I'm not about to download another copy just now as Cinnamon 19.2 runs pretty well from thumb drives, and I've been using that image for some time, but Firefox eventually dies or stuffs up from too many open tabs on all of the live session media versions of Linux I've tried, forcing a hard reset, and every so often I have to burn a new image onto the usb drive.

I've been under the impression that online security is a little better running Linux from live media, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

view photos

micael18 says:

splinx1:

I don't know, what's most safe: Running Linux via USB-stick, or installing it directly on the computer... But, I got a spare computer, when buying a new Windows 10-computer, and then, I wanted to try installing Linux Mint on the old one - simply, for trying it.

But, PERHAPS, the live-Mint, is only for trying Linux without installing the system, so you simply have the chance to say "Linux?? ABSOLUTELY no thanks", and then continue with Windows without having trouble, reinstalling this?

I have also tried dual-booting, but there, I say no thanks!! :-) WAY too troublesome. And, when having dual-boote. Try to run a full antivirus-scanning on Windows.... Ha-HA!! In that situation, it can be more secure, to run Linux from a USB-stick....

What happens, if you don't have too many taps opened? Does it run better?

And, remember, When running Linux from a USB-stick, the system will get fragmented pretty fast. Thia CAN also be a problem, and it's not good to defrag a USB-stick.
micael18 edited this topic 4 days ago.

view photos

splinx1 says:

I assumed my problem was related to Mint 20, but now people are reporting "Invalid password" response from Windows, although without specifying which version.

Nor did anyone reference or even notice my earlier comment about this issue, although it's still marked "new."

Well, I'll keep an eye on this, but I'm not going to spend any more time troubleshooting it. Thanks for your comments.
Posted 19 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )
splinx1 edited this topic 19 hours ago.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads