Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 10 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 6 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 11 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] No groups appear!!!
Latest: 4 minutes ago
Geotagging incorrect
Latest: 10 minutes ago
Tags not indexing
Latest: 15 minutes ago
Filter search by most recent in mobile app?
Latest: 68 minutes ago
Are Collections readily visible to visitors?
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Investigating] Is Flickr Photo broken?
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Resolved] Explore temporarily down
Latest: 4 hours ago
Problem uploading to new second account
Latest: 5 hours ago
Share Photo Broken?
Latest: 11 hours ago
Selective blur
Latest: 20 hours ago
Impossible to create a Flickr account...
Latest: 20 hours ago
[Resolved] In Lightbox View (full screen) the fave key 'f' does not work.
Latest: 21 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Cookies consent banner!

FRED1963 says:

Since joining in 2006 in the UK I've shared Albums directly or on social media but since this year a number of people have rightly complained about the very off putting Cookies consent banner when they view the Albums/Collections etc. I've seen the comments on previous posts here and tend to agree that it doesn't help to promote the image of Flickr in having to overcome what is a confusing page before viewing pictures. It's accepted that it is a requirement of national laws to do this but other websites have made it a much more simple process to either "Accept" or "Manage", if they so wish.

I hope Flickr staff take on this observation proactively as not merely a criticism but a reflection from others outside the direct Flickr community who I would like to share pictures with and would be more positive to others about it. I hope there is another solution as I have to explain to others the current process.

Apologies for a second post so soon as circumstances haven't allowed me to raise this sooner.
Posted at 6:56AM, 25 April 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

Totally agree. Other sites have found much better ways to handle this.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

micael18 says:

It's VERY problematic, and it's only going one way: To be worse... Also on Google, I have to scroll down, and accept all. The same, is possible on Flickr: Simply scroll down the banner, and accept it all instead of wasting time.

Or, install "I don't care about cookies-ad on. That works on Google Chrome. Don't know, if it will work on other browsers, like Firefox, on Linux...
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads