Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 19 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 4 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

Vanishing Photos when Uploading
Latest: 3 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 11 hours ago
Microsoft Edge - Log In to Flickr
Latest: 11 hours ago
Is it possible to see larger photos in the Organizer than the default?
Latest: 20 hours ago
how to get rid of a group invitation
Latest: 31 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Linking to Twitter via Sharing & Extending isn't working
Latest: 31 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 35 hours ago
Problems posting pics in mu groups due to weird layout
Latest: 2 days ago
Newer Redefined
Groups take a very long time to load
[Staff Response] Why is Flickr blocking my IP adress??
[Investigating] Search doesn’t return my own photos
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Resolved] reloading pages

bunchadogs & susan [OFF AGAIN] says:

when I try to open a photo in someone's photostream the page keeps loading and reloading. and whenever I go to a new page it takes a long time for the page to initially open, then the loading and reloading begins. argh......

what's happening?
Posted at 7:29PM, 16 March 2021 PDT ( permalink )
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 3 days ago.

1 2 next →
(101 to 117 of 117 replies in [Resolved] reloading pages)
view photos

Laz Rojas says:

Problem seems to have been resolved, and I don't think it was caused by the cookies pop-up but by the cookies themselves.

Ever since the pop-up started showing up, I accepted cookies every single day and experienced no reloading problems. Two days ago, however, after accepting cookies, the reload problem appeared. I got around the problem by signing out, clearing my cache and deleting cookies, then signing in and opting out and rejecting cookies. After rejecting cookies, I experienced no reloading problems yesterday.

Today, I accepted cookies to see what would happen, and the problem still hasn't re-occurred. Since the pop-up is still coming up after signing in, the logical assumption is that something about the cookies themselves started causing the problem two days ago, and that whatever it was has now been corrected.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

DanD_NZ says:

bunchadogs & susan [OFF AGAIN]:

Clearing browser history Cookies and Cages image files did the trick!

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Hi all,

While we did make some changes that originally caused the issue, we have since rolled back our changes as per Wilson’s post here.

I can see that clearing cookies has helped the majority of the members here.

If you have not cleared your cookies, I recommend checking out this Help Article.

If you are still experiencing this issue after clearing your cookies, please get in touch with our Support Heroes here.

Thanks

view photos

SJH Foto says:

Not everyone knows how to "clear cookies" and do other things that you suggest. May I recommend that flickr does not make changes that require members to regularly do this kind of programming? This is the only site I know of that asks its members to do things to keep it working

view photos

Count_Strad says:

Was working ok yesterday after 4 days of reloading now today back to the constant reloading. I deleted my cache and cookies and no change. Why am I paying for this? Are we getting refunds for the month of no use? Tried it once more and it worked however when you load the page and it asks if you want to accept all or decline all cookies select decline ALL cookies. If you accept the reloading starts fast a furious..
Count_Strad edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Hi everyone,
Thanks for flagging this. We are still investigating this issue and working on fixes.

If you're unsure of how to clear your browser's cache and cookies, please take a look at the help articles below. Let us know if this helped.

Clear Your Web Browser Cache on a Computer:
help.flickr.com/en_us/clear-your-web-browser-cache-on-a-c...

Clear Your Web Browser Cookies:
help.flickr.com/en_us/clear-your-web-browser-cookies-r1J6...

view photos

zvaal says:

Hopefully this can be fixed quickly. It is annoying as hell. I am on Safari. Clearing history does not seem to do much for me.

view photos

annemirdl says:

I'm using Safari. Nothing helps so far.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

SJH Foto:

Not everyone knows how to "clear cookies" and do other things that you suggest.

Understandable! While we've linked the Help Center article in our original post(s), I'l happy to provide it again for those unsure:

Clear your web browser cookies

zvaal annemirdl:

Sending over emails now to see what I can do to help.

view photos

f0rbe5 says:

I've just loaded the flickr update on my Apps updates today (Version 4.16.6, 99.3MB. Having installed it, flickr won't open. The blue and red buttons go round each other once and the screen then returns to my iPhone's default screen. If I double-click, then flickr appears as an app that I can remove.

I followed the clear web browser cookies advice above (having used a Mac to reach the website!) and had another go. Still same problem.
f0rbe5 edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

f0rbe5 says:

Update to the last message. I deleted flickr from the phone and reinstalled it. But the problem remains...

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

f0rbe5:

The issue you are reporting does seem slightly different to the one reported here.

However, I am sending over an email now.

Thanks!
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jerry waese ★ says:

I cannot reply to comments left by other users on my paintings and Photos - one of my main reasons for this account!

each page (except Activity) reloads continuously - I have cleared cache many times - my Firefox browser got updated, I am on Windows.

So surprised that this is taking so long to fix
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink )
jerry waese ★ edited this topic 9 days ago.

view photos

jerry waese ★ says:

Even the About page (profile) reloads continuously
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Just wanted to report in with an update here.

We have located the underlying issue here & rolled out a fix.

As we've mentioned, in order for this fix to take hold, some folks will still need to clear their browser's cookies in order for the fix to take hold.

I've included the instructions for doing so below:

Clear Your Web Browser Cookies

If you've cleared your browser & continue running into issues, please send us a message so we can troubleshoot directly:

help.flickr.com/contact

We'll also keep this thread open for a bit to monitor any additional reports.

jerry waese ★:

Sending over an email now to see what I can do to help.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

benft says:

clearing cache and cookies was no help here (chrome)...not ann issue in Edge
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Since the underlying issue behind the reloading pages has been fixed, closing this thread as resolved!

If anyone continues to run into this, please feel free to start a new threadd or let staff know directly.

benft:

Sending over an email to see how things are looking on your end!
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink )

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

1 2 next →
(101 to 117 of 117 replies in [Resolved] reloading pages)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads