Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 19 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 4 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

Vanishing Photos when Uploading
Latest: 3 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 11 hours ago
Microsoft Edge - Log In to Flickr
Latest: 11 hours ago
Is it possible to see larger photos in the Organizer than the default?
Latest: 20 hours ago
how to get rid of a group invitation
Latest: 31 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Linking to Twitter via Sharing & Extending isn't working
Latest: 31 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 35 hours ago
Problems posting pics in mu groups due to weird layout
Latest: 2 days ago
Newer Redefined
Groups take a very long time to load
[Staff Response] Why is Flickr blocking my IP adress??
[Investigating] Search doesn’t return my own photos
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Resolved] reloading pages

bunchadogs & susan [OFF AGAIN] says:

when I try to open a photo in someone's photostream the page keeps loading and reloading. and whenever I go to a new page it takes a long time for the page to initially open, then the loading and reloading begins. argh......

what's happening?
Posted at 7:29PM, 16 March 2021 PDT ( permalink )
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 3 days ago.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 117 replies in [Resolved] reloading pages)
view photos

jumpy fuel says:

Me too! I can't see no pictures from nobody include myself.
Sick and tired of this problem for a few weeks
hoping they fix this problem soon...I have to close my account from 2014 and open this one now
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

Others have reported this same problem very recently, and a resolution has been posted here. I vaguely think it was clearing cookies that did it, but I'm not certain. Maybe one of the other regulars has either a better memory or a better ability to find the recent posting(s) about it.

view photos

bunchadogs & susan [OFF AGAIN] says:

mag3737:

I just remembered, so I cleaned the cache and the cookies, etc.
was going to write here.

it seems to have helped.
thanks.

~~susan

view photos

ronnie.savoie says:

Same problem - bug du jour - almost unusable. There's always something here on Flickr. Every couple of weeks.
ronnie.savoie edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

Clyde Essex says:

unusable again today, one reason I stopped Pro a/c

view photos

mag3737 says:

ronnie.savoie:

Same problem - bug du jour - almost unusable. There's always something here on Flickr. Every couple of weeks.

Did you read and try the suggestion above in this thread?
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

It sounds like there might be some different issues being reported here.

The OP seems to be experiencing continual re-loading, while others are mentioning a general inability to load pages.

As we continue to investigate these reports, please clarify the details of your experience so we can work to identify the root cause here.

We're finding that general browser troubleshooting has been helpful in these cases.

If you haven't already, please try the following:

1.Try accessing your Flickr account from a different browser to see if the issue persists. This can help determine is the issue is browser related.

2. Clear your browser's cache & cookies.

If you're unsure of how to clear your browser's cache and cookies, please take a look at the help articles below.

Clear Your Web Browser Cache on a Computer

Clear Your Web Browser Cookies

view photos

ronnie.savoie says:

katie_ko:

I cleared the cache and that worked!

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

JustJacky:

Clyde Essex:

Can I kindly ask if clearing your cache and cookies helped fix the issue?

Please flag here if you are still having issues.

Thanks!

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

I think there might be some sort of tracking thing maybe related to adobe that is stuck and not loading like it should be. I told Chrome to go ahead and stop blocking it yesterday and that seemed to help a bit.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

I just had this happen several times again. The best I can tell Chrome is trying to block a cookie from flickrprints.com and the flickr photo page keeps trying to reload the page over and over and over again never loading, probably because Chrome is not accepting this cookie?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomashawkblog/51063036738/in/dateposted/

view photos

PD3. says:

All the pages I visit keep reloading ever few seconds, this is very annoying, I can see I'm not alone.

view photos

Meteorry says:

No, you are not alone! Using Chrome here and it keeps on going!

view photos

conall.. says:

crazy for me on chrome this evening!

the advice to "clear cache" ...this means clear browsing history?[

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

using chrome now and it is awful.

view photos

Maxie Daviau says:

Firefox terrible too cant see anything constant reloading

view photos

Blaydon52C says:

Hi,

Getting similar issues on Chrome. I've tried clearing cookies/cache but the issue is still there. I'm not sure if it's relevant/helpful to those investigating, but I'm seeing this in the diagnostics logs in Chrome.

Refused to connect to 'https://adservice.google.com/tt/r' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "connect-src *.flickr.com *.staticflickr.com cdn.yahooapis.com yui-s.yahooapis.com api.flickr.com *.pinterest.com tagmanager.google.com www.googletagmanager.com assets.adobedtm.com *.2o7.net cdn.siftscience.com store.digitalriver.com *.flickrpro.com *.demdex.net securepubads.g.doubleclick.net *.googlesyndication.com api.greenhouse.io *.flickrprints.net *.flickrprints.com csi.gstatic.com prebid.adnxs.com tlx.3lift.com *.adtech.advertising.com grid.bidswitch.net fastlane.rubiconproject.com hbopenbid.pubmatic.com as-sec.casalemedia.com ib.adnxs.com/ut/v3/prebid gum.criteo.com prg.smartadserver.com ice.360yield.com mug.criteo.com api.stripe.com c2shb.ssp.yahoo.com htlb.casalemedia.com/ prebid.a-mo.net *.trustarc.com shb.richaudience.com sync.richaudience.com/ *.infolinks.com api.intentiq.com/ api.rlcdn.com match.adsrvr.org tag.1rx.io bidder.criteo.com apex.go.sonobi.com d.adroll.com static.criteo.net com-flickr-prod1.mini.snplow.net".

ve @ gpt.js:6
gpt.js:6 Refused to connect to 'https://adservice.google.com/tt/r' because it violates the document's Content Security Policy.
ve @ gpt.js:6
undefined:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
Navigated to www.flickr.com/photos/163521805@N05/51064017912/in/contacts/
(index):1078 [Violation] 'setTimeout' handler took 178ms
combo?ap:build/hermes-2.0.0+744aa92/pjax-base-patched/pjax-base-patched-min.js&yui:3.16.0/view/view-min.js&yui:3.16.0/app-base/app-base-min.js&yui:3.16.0/querystring-stringify-simple/querystring-stringify-simple-min.js&yui:3.16.0/io-base/io-base-min.js&yui:3.16.0/pjax-content/pjax-content-min.js&yui:3.16.0/app-content/app-content-min.js&yui:3.16.0/timers/timers-min.js&yui:3.16.0/promise/promise-min.js&ap:build/hermes-2.0.0+744aa92/flickr-promise/flickr-promise-min.js&ap:build/hermes-2.0.0+744aa92/list-proxy/list-proxy-min.js&ap:build/hermes-2.0.0+744aa92/api-helper/api-helper-min.js&ap:build/hermes-2.0.0+744aa92/flickr-api/flickr-api-min.js&ap:build/hermes-2.0.0+744aa92/cycle/cycle-min.js:7 [Violation] 'message' handler took 284ms

Thanks,
Stephen.

view photos

conall.. says:

clearing browser history is not fixing it for me on Chrome.

Microsoft edge also showing same problem.

flickr currently unusable on both browsers.

i havent had this issue previously until this evening

view photos

Picture post. says:

Same here unusable in the UK on chrome.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

do we really need to have our Flickr loading "Google's adservice"? Maybe Flickr can just disable this for paid Pro accounts until they can get it figured out.

Pro accounts aren't supposed to be getting ads anyways. Why would/should we need to have a Google advertising page load just to see flickr content?

It seems like there is so much unnecessary junk that Flickr is trying/needing to load in the background.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for flagging. We haven't been able to reproduce this on our end but our engineers are looking into this now. We'll keep you posted on what we find.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

conall..:

Can you try to clear browser cookies, not browser history, and see if that helps?

view photos

Jackie & Dennis says:

Just started on my PC - I'm using Chrome.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

I think maybe it's some kind of undefined script that is trying to run. Just a guess from poking around in the "developer" setting section of Chrome which all reads like latin or greek to me.

view photos

Maxie Daviau says:

Cleared Browser cookies on firefox and makes no difference its still reloading constantly

view photos

Digifred.nl says:

Same fault here.
With firefox and with chrome.
Clear browser cookies do not help.

view photos

Jackie & Dennis says:

I've cleared cookies and it is behaving now, but I had already done that before it misbehaved again. so possibly coincidence.

Just checked the stats page and it is rapidly reloading pages again.

Then it started behaving.

Now rapidly reloading on photo stream page.

But this page is OK.

Jackie

view photos

Aidan McRae Thomson says:

I've had the same problem develop on my account (using Chrome) as of an hour ago making it currently very hard to use despite it working fine earlier.

Not sure if this is any help but I think I may have inadvertently triggered it when I hurriedly double clicked an image that I'd enlarged by accident to shrink it again whilst trying to adjust the title on that photo. Don't know if that makes much sense (basically my attempt to abruptly halt the not fully loaded enlarged image seemed to be the start of it) but the reloading issue has been non-stop ever since.

view photos

conall.. says:

kp-kp-kp:

i included "cookies and other site data" and also "cached images and files" as part of the standard set of things that are cleared under "clear browsing data".

view photos

fernanchel says:

Here the same problem with reloading pages, with Chromium and Firefox running on Linux. I have cleared cookies and cache, but the same result.
With Opera works well and I don't know the reason.

view photos

conall.. says:

for me the pages

www.flickr.com/activity
and
www.flickr.com/activity/replies/

are both stable

but if I click on a picture, either mine or a contacts then I get the repeated reloading

similarly the explore page is continuously reloading

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone, we're pushing an interim patch that should improve page-loading while we continue to dig into the root cause. It should be out in a few minutes.

view photos

conall.. says:

kp-kp-kp:

still the same probs for me

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

now it's doing it on this page, waiting for combo.static.flickr

view photos

Robin Shepperson says:

Same here, Berlin, Germany.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Fix should be fully out now. Sorry for the trouble!

(Just a note that the issues from the last 2 hours are distinct from the OP's original issue reported a week ago -- if you're still having issues bunchadogs & susan [OFF AGAIN] please let us know).

view photos

EionaR. says:

Is this the same problem that I reported here and hour ago?

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718751728617/

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

EionaR. [PC probs due to Windows Update]:

That doesn't seem related to this particular thread. We'll follow up in the thread you created to dig into your issue further.

view photos

conall.. says:

kp-kp-kp:

still same problem for me. A couple of pages worked ok then the reloading started again.

I'll check again tomorrow evening - hopefully the fix will have come my way by then.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

still broken for me. Seems to be stuck on the waiting for combo.static.flickr.com in the bottom of my chrome browser. When it doesn't work it's like it's trying again and again and again and just stuck in a perpetual reload loop.

view photos

EionaR. says:

kp-kp-kp:

Many thanks.

view photos

EionaR. says:

kp-kp-kp:

Many thanks.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

here is a video of what it looks like: twitter.com/thomashawk/status/1374144734256529408

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Thomas Hawk:

Revert should be fully out shortly - sorry for the confusion on my part. Let us know if you still see this after a bit.

view photos

Eric Flexyourhead says:

Endless refresh on Photostream and photo pages. Windows 10 Pro, Chrome 89.0.4389.90 and MS Edge 89.0.774.57.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

Here is another video of the problem but this time using Daniel Kriger's cat Mr. Mingus (best cat ever).

twitter.com/thomashawk/status/1374148695952822278

view photos

Jim Frazier says:

Using Firefox - page keeps reloading - clearing cache didn't help.

view photos

Jim Frazier says:

Same problem on opera.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Thanks everyone. We’ll push one more change to see if that improves things for now. Thanks for your patience while we work on this.

view photos

Laz Rojas says:

Using Opera and Windows 7, same problem. Endless reloading. Just started doing this to me a few minutes ago, after I accepted cookies. Will clear cache, sign in again and reject cookies.

view photos

Laz Rojas says:

It's the cookies. I tried to sign out and nothing happened. It wouldn't sign me out. First time that's ever happened to me on Flickr. So I cleared my cache and that signed me out. After I signed in again, I opted out of receiving cookies and pages load only once. No incessant reloading.

I've been accepting cookies without any problems until today, so something changed today.

view photos

bartholmy says:

I'm using Firefox (newest version) and just deleted the cache and the cookies, and I also signed out and back in again - all to no avail. No matter what page I open it keeps reloading and reloading and reloading ...

view photos

MurderWithMirrors says:

I'm getting this reloading too. It's not happening on this page, but if I try to go into a photo, it just keeps reloading. I have found that hitting the esc key over & over will eventually stop it, so it seems like whenever I open a photo, something starts running in the background & I have to get out of it to stop the reloading.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

We’ve just updated our status page regarding this: status.flickr.net/

Please keep an eye on that page for the latest updates!

view photos

jschumacher says:

I'm seeing the constant reloading of an album running Firefox 86.0.1 on an iMac (Catalina 10.15.7). No problems with Chrome 89.0.4389.90.

view photos

Jersey JJ says:

That panda being bad again?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Wilson Lam {WLQ} says:

Sorry about the inconvenience in the reloading today. We reverted back our code so this should not be happening any longer.

If it continues, please try accepting/not-accepting cookies again and to see if the problem fixes itself.

Please also report back your findings as we try to get to the bottom of it. Thank you!

view photos

MurderWithMirrors says:

It's even worse for me now. I did a search for some photos in my photostream & I'm not able to get any of them to open. The main page keeps reloading,& the entire site is unusable. Is there a way to just clear cookies for flickr? This isn't the only site I go to,& I don't want to clear the cookies of all of them, that's going to cause a lot of aggravation.

view photos

jerry waese ★ says:

I cleared cache and it did not work.
using firefox latest version on windows 10

this new problem first noticed
3/22/2021 at 9:50 pm.

page reloads - cannot leave comments, have to act fast to fave or go next

view photos

Flickr Staff

Wilson Lam {WLQ} says:

jerry waese ★:

If you go to "about:preferences#privacy" in the Firefox browser, And click on "Manage data", you can select the Flickr.com cookies and just clear those only.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Wilson Lam {WLQ} says:

MurderWithMirrors:

If you are using Chrome, go to "chrome://settings/siteData", search for Flickr.com and clear just those cookies

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

Wilson Lam {WLQ}:

Wilson Lam {WLQ}:

it is still borked for me: twitter.com/thomashawk/status/1374184284773249027

Do we know why it's happening? How do these "cookies" help the user or are they just for serving us up ads and tracking us?

If we are paying for Pro accounts why do we need to be tracked with advertising cookies?

It seems like several times a fix has been implemented that doesn't actually fix the problem.

Is it possible for someone to tell us why this is happening? Does Flickr know why it's happening?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Wilson Lam {WLQ} says:

Thomas Hawk:

Hey Thomas,

We tried several fixes but they didn't work. Ultimately we reverted all the changes we made today pertaining to the cookie consent push out. Thought we are still confused why some are still having issues, so we are advising to remove just the Flickr.com cookies for your main browser that you use for Flickr.

We do not know why this is happening at this point.

The cookie consent is a requirement by law for Pro, non pros and even signed out users that Flickr and other websites has to advise and follow.

view photos

Laz Rojas says:

I haven't had any problems ever since I cleared my cache, signed in again and opted out from the cookies.

view photos

MurderWithMirrors says:

I cleared the cookies, signed back in, went to recent activity, & the page started reloading.. Clearing cookies didn't help at all.

view photos

SJH Foto says:

I am having the same problem! I am using google chrome, and I have no idea what a cache or cookies are! I don't want to stumble around with my computer's settings, especially since my tech guy can't visit (due to COVID concerns, he hasn't done work on the desktop since March 2020)

view photos

KatieKal says:

I have been having this problem since 4 pm PST in California!! I don't know how to remove cookies and I don't have a tech guy!! Please fix this soon!! I am an Administrator for a group and I need to check my group!!

view photos

justplainrachel says:

SJH Foto:

You can't do any damage clearing your cookies or cache and instructions can be found with a simple Google search. At worst you will have to log into all those sites you normally keep permanently logged in.

Seriously; if you can operate an SLR camera then you can clear your browser cache.

Edit: Here's some instructions for Chrome. They're simpler than trying to understand the relationship between shutter speed, exposure, focal-length and ISO :)

support.google.com/googleplay/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platf...
justplainrachel edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

Aidan McRae Thomson says:

Everything appears to be back to normal again as of this morning, so whatever the fixes were they seem to have worked for me, many thanks.

view photos

keithhull says:

Sorry but pages are constantly reloading this morning using Safari in the UK

view photos

EionaR. says:

My pages are working ok by now in the UK . So please would you ignore this from me ? I believe it was pure coincidence .
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718751728617/
Many thanks.

view photos

Meteorry says:

I have no idea what you guys did at Flickr but you did a wonderful job to stop the issue. Everything is working normal again. No more reloading plages and 'flickering' screens.
Thank you!

view photos

stevekeiretsu says:

Still horribly broken here. Firefox.

I'd copy paste the console.log messages, but, you know, I can't, because the page reloads every few milliseconds.

I did manage to screenshot them, I get a CORS error for dpm.demdex.net, then an uncaught Promise exception from assets.adobetm.com/.../AppMeasurement.min.js

I would be more sympathetic of ads and trackers rendering the site completely unusable if those ads and trackers were financially supporting my use of the site, however I actually pay for this, so...

view photos

EionaR. says:

Spoke too soon. Can’t load on Windows 10 , Google Chrome

view photos

EionaR. says:

Spoke too soon. Can’t load on Windows 10 , Google Chrome

view photos

Jackie & Dennis says:

Reloading pages problem appears to be sorted for me, working OK on Chrome on PC this morning.

Thanks

Jackie

view photos

B℮n says:

I had this problem too. Opera, Chrome, Brave... all the same.

What helps..so far... is to sign out from your account and login again! So really Logout...

I hope this helps.. for me it did (for the moment, fingers crossed ;-)
B℮n edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

B℮n says:

It is still very weird.

At my homepage no re-loading but when I go to my group: www.flickr.com/groups/de_doka/discuss/

It keeps on re-loading and re-loading...
Deleted all the cache.. .

Still reloading. Very weird.

view photos

B℮n says:

THIS WILL FIX IT FOR YOU:

1. First you need to sign-out of your flickr account.
2.Then delete all your cache in your browser
3. Beside deleting cache you need to delete flickr cookies too:

Choose the next url in your selected browser:

brave://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=flickr
chrome://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=flickr
opera://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=flickr

Delete all flickr cookies.

It now works for me. Fingers crossed.
B℮n edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

Viejito says:

During all the time these messages were left here, I have had no such problems.
Windows 10 v20H2, Firefox 86.0.1 (64-bit)

view photos

Wicked Dark Photography says:

Clearing cache did nothing on Chrome, but Ben's advice to clear all cookies seems to have done the trick. Just answer Decline All when it asks you about cookies when you log in. So far so good.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

A page just did it to me again this morning, but it seems to be working a little bit better.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

I also found it helped when I gave in and decided to accept cookies into my heart and changed my Chrome to "accept all cookies"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomashawkblog/51065324843/in/dateposted/

view photos

keithhull says:

Photo pages keep reloading I logged out the site and logged back in....now I only get a blank white screen when I try to open a photo come on Flickr this is a mess and needs sorting out asop

view photos

Eric Hunt. says:

Flickr is completely unusable for me - searches especially are continually reloading. Sitting at my photostream is ok, but I really need search to work.

view photos

mark owens2009 says:

Same for me it reloads every 2 seconds!!!!!

view photos

Jim Frazier says:

Loading group discussions are also constantly reloading. Geez, you guys have had all night to fix this!

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Thanks for the continued reports & patience as we work to identify the underlying issue here.

We're getting reports that clearing your cookies has been an effective solution here.

Clear your web browser cookies

If you've cleared your cookies & still run into reloading issues, please let us know!

view photos

joeke pieters says:

Last night, in the Netherlands, I had the same problem, reloading, reloading... I didn't do anything and today everything, so without clearing cookies, is okay, I don't hope I cheer too soon....

view photos

MurderWithMirrors says:

I've cleared my cookies twice, & it's still reloading. The only thing that stops it is quickly hitting the esc key a few times. How long is this going to go on? Are people with pro accounts going to get extra days added to their accounts for the site being unusable all this time?

view photos

excellentzebu1050 says:

there we go again ,,, reload , reload again !!!!

view photos

baie.bleue says:

Me too. I am unable to access Flickr using Firefox 78.9esr in OSX10.11.6 what I get is perpetual reload of the page with no interactivity. This began within the last 2 days.

I placed this comment using Safari. I don't want to use Safari just to go on Flickr. I prefer Firefox, thank you.

view photos

conall.. says:

i was affected last night but all seems to be fine here tonight - Northern Ireland, Chrome.

I made no further changes to cache etc since giving up on things last night

view photos

Laz Rojas says:

Still no problems for me ever since I cleared my cache. I normally clear my cache every day anyway, including browser history, and start fresh with each new browser session. I haven't accepted flickr's cookies since yesterday and the reloading problem hasn't re-occured. Something about the cookies changed yesterday because I accepted cookies for the past several days without any issues and this reloading didn't start happening until yesterday.

view photos

Jan.Timmons says:

Okay on my iOS devices, but not on PC using Chrome and Firefox.

Edited to add: Cleared cache and cookies just now and I think Firefox holds still ;-)
Jan.Timmons edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

MurderWithMirrors says:

Well, I cleared the cookies, again, & this time when I signed back in, I opted out of cookies. Guess what's working fine now? Whatever you're doing with cookies is killing the site.

view photos

Eric Hunt. says:

Ok I did not clear cookies (c'mon, for real?) but the constant reloading on search results is no longer happening. Thanks.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Thanks for all the updates & happy to hear that the reloading has stopped for most folks.

Just a reminder that clearing your cookies has been an effective solution here:

Clear your web browser cookies

We'll leave this thread open for a bit to keep an eye out for lingering reports.

view photos

Nick Kenrick.. says:

bad service ... clearing cookies does not work

view photos

Gary Randall says:

katie_ko:

I think the problem lies in the Cookies notice pop up. It keeps wanting to load but can't until the cookies are cleared from the cache.

I'm here for you. You're welcome. :)
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink )

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 117 replies in [Resolved] reloading pages)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads