Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Updated March 4th] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 16 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 3 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 9 months ago

Current Discussion

Website query
Latest: 36 minutes ago
Embed slideshow issue - Not Displaying Album Correctly
Latest: 45 minutes ago
Mobile App out of sync with Website
Latest: 2 hours ago
Downloading Pics from a Private Album
Latest: 4 hours ago
Groups
Latest: 6 hours ago
Activity Feed crops pictures to stripes - any news after 2 months?
Latest: 7 hours ago
Some of my cropped images are reverting back to their original state
Latest: 7 hours ago
Enable keyboard shortcuts on Uploadr
Latest: 8 hours ago
How to find comments left by other members? And my own comments?
Latest: 15 hours ago
No access to the flickr page
Latest: 22 hours ago
don't see many new photos
Latest: 25 hours ago
Instagram and Flickr ... Instagram sharing icon not there!
Latest: 35 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

===================================================

Please read this before posting:

1. If you don’t want to be notified when others comment on photos you’ve commented on, click here to toggle off "Comments on photos you’ve commented on".

2. We plan to add a setting that will allow you to be notified when someone replies to your comment (@mentions), even if you have turned off notifications for comments on photos you’ve commented on.

See complete staff response here.

Original Post:

Today we’ve begun rolling out the new Flickr Notifications Center and Notifications Settings pages, which will simplify how you engage with other members of the community. We have included an FAQ in our Help Center, but we also wanted to share information and get your feedback here.

We’re expanding the current notifications from the bell icon at the top of Flickr and introducing a new tab for groups you admin. We’re also introducing a new Notifications Center page so you can see your notifications with more screen real estate.

The Notifications Center
The Notifications Center represents the first step to rebuilding the Recent Activity page to function more like modern notification centers. As such, there are a couple of significant changes in the way we’re presenting data in the new design that you’ll experience. To access the Notifications Center, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr, and at the bottom of the dropdown, you’ll see the link that used to read “View Recent Activity” now reads “View all notifications.” When you click that, you’ll be taken to the new Notifications Center.

Notifications Settings Page
The new Notifications Settings page, allows you to turn on or mute notifications by type.This page gives you complete control over your in-site notifications as well as email notifications to decide what you’re notified about, how you’re notified, and even how often. To access the Notifications Settings page, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr and you’ll notice a new gear icon that will take you to the Notifications Settings page.

You can now control the following web and email notifications:

Web Notifications
- Comments on your photos
- Comments on photos you’ve commented on
- Faves
- Followers
- Galleries
- Groups (you can manage notifications for each of your groups from here)
- Group invitations
- Messages (FlickrMail)
- Notes
- Tags
- Testimonials

Emails we send you
- Activity on you or your photos (Off/Immediately/Once per day/Once per week)
- Group Invitations
- Messages (FlickrMail)
- New followers
- Recent uploads from people you follow (Off/Immediately/Once per day/Once per week)

Group Admins
For groups, we’ve added new notification types to let you know when admins update the group admin blast, as well as group description and rules. Additionally, group admins will now see notifications for the groups they admin as a separate tab so they can easily sort out the priority updates for their groups from personal notifications and from groups they don’t admin.

Please explore these new features and share your thoughts with us here.

* How are you planning on using the new features and how will they be beneficial to you and your activity on Flickr?
* Are you finding everything easy to use or do you have suggestions for improvements?
* As you start using the new Notifications Center, we'd love to hear how it keeps you in the loop with the people you follow and the groups that you're part of. Or, is there activity you feel like you're still missing?

We'll be slowly rolling out the feature to a small percentage of the community, then ramping up throughout the week as we monitor and feel good about the progress.

We really appreciate your time and feedback!

Thanks,
Matthew Roth
Flickr Product Team

Edited 2/24/21: Link to staff response regarding new notifications and how they map to Recent Activity settings
Posted at 11:27AM, 23 February 2021 PST ( permalink )
neshachan edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 227 replies in [Official Thread] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings)
view photos

dragonflydreams88 says:

How do I turn off notifications from other people who have "commented on a photo you commented on"???
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

dragonflydreams88:

How do I turn off notifications from other people who have "commented on a photo you commented on"???

Second toggle in your Settings pages here: www.flickr.com/account/email

view photos

Bergman, Anders says:

Can't I have it the old style, only notifications on my own photos. I don't want to see other peoples comments on photos that I have commented. //Anders

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

Bergman, Anders:

Can't I have it the old style, only notifications on my own photos. I don't want to see not that other people have commented photos that I have commented. //Anders

Hi Anders, yes in your Notifications Settings page, you can adjust the toggles to get the settings how you want them www.flickr.com/account/email

view photos

Bergman, Anders says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

I can only see and make changes on email notifications. Guess you have to work more on this new things.
Bergman, Anders edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Karsten Gieselmann says:

Very confusing. I had numerous notifications on faves and comments on my latest images earlier today. These don't show up anymore. The available notifications mostly represent new followers in the past 2-3 weeks.

I don't think that's the way it was meant to be.

view photos

Bergman, Anders says:

Karsten Gieselmann:

Yes, very confusing!

view photos

Steven De Haeck says:

The notification settings page doesn't show what is mentionned in the text above. Is that normal?

I don't have a block with web notifications.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

Bergman, Anders:

Hi Bergman,

These changes are still being rolled out so you may or may not have access to them yet. Any changes you make will apply to all notifications you receive from now on (after adjusting your settings here: www.flickr.com/account/email). If you turned off notifications for "commented on a photo you commented on," and you're in the initial bucket, you shouldn't be getting new notifications of that specific type in the future.

view photos

Karsten Gieselmann says:

Me neither. There's just the section "Emails we send to you".

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

Steven De Haeck:

We're slowly rolling out these changes. If you don't see the new settings yet, you will over the coming days.

view photos

Bergman, Anders says:

Leticia Roncero:

Thanks! I have to wait until I have access to this changes.

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

Leticia Roncero:

If you turned off notifications for "commented on a photo you commented on...,"

I have numerous notifications under the bell icon with "....commented on a photo you commented on", but this is what I see when I click on your link to www.flickr.com/account/email:

FlickrAccountSettings

Please, where do I find the option to turn off those notifications?

view photos

last_mec_dispatcher says:

Bergman, Anders:

Seems to me it might have been better to wait til all the options were available. Now I am getting dozens of notifications in which I have NO interest, nor apparently anyway to stop them....
I find them quite annoying

view photos

andrevanb says:

1. I like the (web) notifications of photo's being approved or rejected by admins of groups.

2. But I don't receive web notifications anymore for direct replies to comments I made, where contacts have used the reply button/link to include my name. I hope that gets repaired?

I don't have access yet to the new Notification centre, but I don't see this option mentioned in the list above..

view photos

Ger Bosma says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

I'm okay with the new dual notification system under the bell icon and also with the notifications page, but would rather have the

www.flickr.com/activity/customized/

page remain as it was. I use that as my landing page on flickr.

Now I can no longer select what content is shown (e.g. only notes, only comments) Those selection boxes are gone and replaced by the message

'To select activity types, visit your new Notifications Settings!'

Which, when clicked - as G_E_R_D's screenshot above - is (still) only showing the standard e-mail options - that I have turned all off.

view photos

Gabriel Gabi says:

There is nothing to turn off notifications from other people who have "commented on a photo you commented on".

view photos

wayne.withers1970 says:

Horrible, horrinle, horrible.
Stop telling me about other people commenting on images i've commented on.
I don't give a toss

view photos

Armin Fuchs says:

I hope you will SOON roll out the posibility to turn off the 'bell' notifications like '... and 23 others have commented on a photo you commented on.'
Thank you!

view photos

jdyf333 says:

I will defer my final judgement until you complete the roll out of the new thing. So far, I really DO NOT like what I have seen the new thing.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

G_E_R_D:

Please, where do I find the option to turn off those notifications?

Ger Bosma:
when clicked - as G_E_R_D's screenshot above - is (still) only showing the standard e-mail options

Gabriel Gabi:
There is nothing to turn off notifications from other people who have "commented on a photo you commented on".

Sorry, folks! We meant to roll out both the new notifications and the new settings page at the same time, so that you can adjust your settings to your preference. We just pushed out a change to make sure that you have access to both once you see these changes. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It may take a few minutes for our changes to appear on your end. And to clarify, here is what the new notifications settings page looks like (screenshot at the bottom).

view photos

wayne.withers1970 says:

Just tried to block all these dozens of crap messages about someone commenting on an image my cousins aunties friends budgie commented on and it doesn't work. STOP,STOP, STOP.
I haven't even looked if any comments are for me because the bell icon is just showing loads of crap

view photos

wayne.withers1970 says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

HOW !!!
I can't work out how to do it.
Right now I just want to leave Flickr

view photos

lavd46 says:

I join the chorus of people who do not like this change. I also agree that the option to trurn that feature off should have been made abvailable before the change actually happened.

This is NOT an improvement.

view photos

rbadventures says:

dragonflydreams88:

Exactly.....I do not like that feature and the main reason I despise Facebook.

view photos

Terry Happy Snaps says:

Not happy with it change for change sake! same as old yahoo. I will still keep pro though .

Not an improvement just more changes.

This is just terrible ! all I want to see is is comments and faves on my works and emails. nothing else just those but it cant be changed its one at a time. Flickr has gone backwards not forwards. but it wont matter what we say here as everyone knows.
Terry Happy Snaps edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

rbadventures says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Really? The Second question is ambiguous. "Would you like to receive emails when someone makes you their contact?"

Could it say something like "Be notified when someone comments on a photo you have subscribed to" or something like that?

view photos

* xNovellaaa * says:

I don't like it , its so frustrated , i don't want to see every update on a photo i favored or put a comment on a photo.
and to hide it , it dont work because i keep seeing it .

view photos

cleansurf2 says:

X Harder to read at glance.
X To many notifications I don't want
X No option to not show "group update info" etc...

Honestly the old version was much cleaner. Most updates to Flickr over the last few years have been a backward step. Flickr has so much potential, you have the opportunity to make it the best site again with an existing huge membership, do that and earning potential may go up, your killing it :(

Another backward example I recently seen, was a group comment change, requiring more clicks and action to comment, hopefully that's scrapped, I didn't see that change today.

I like many others have ideas that could help, I would be happy to share from my experience across multiple social media platforms including curated photography sites, but short term corporate cash flow thinking is probably going to win out over better design, which is IMHO the reverse action toward long term financial gains. Flickr is trying, but unfortunately loosing ground against other platforms :(

view photos

:: rumoto images ☆ фотография says:

Warum solch eine Änderung?
Was hat dieser Schwachsinn mit Fotografie zu tun?

:-(

view photos

panoround hutter says:

Can't I have it the old style, only notifications on my own photos. I don't want to see other peoples comments on photos that I have commented.
Hutter Design

www.hutterdesign.at

view photos

Vicent Suret says:

La antigua versión de las notificaciones era mucho mejor y mas clara...Esta nueva no me gusta

view photos

mariegonsior says:

Peut-on revenir à l'ancienne version ? J'aime pas du tout et j'arrive pas à modifier !!!

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone,

To clarify, we meant to roll out the new notifications and new settings page at the same time, so people can adjust their settings according to what they see in notifications. Some folks may have seen a mismatch while we rolled this out - that was unintentional and should be resolved shortly.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

bart's pixels says:

This is annoying...can I turn it off?

view photos

Mᴀʀɪɴᴀ Bʀᴇᴇɴ says:

I have to refresh my pic each time when someone favs the pic, it keeps jumping back to a number it was 2 hours ago, is there a way to fix that ?

view photos

~Kaumanek~ says:

Very annoying!I realy don't care who have commented on a photo i commented on!So many useless notifications!
Can't read at once my faves.So unfunctional!I'm very disappointed!
Keep it simple and fuctional guys as it was!

view photos

panoround hutter says:

:: rumoto images ☆ фотография:

Das stimmt.
Wir wollen schöne Photos anschauen .
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Hutter design

www.hutterdesign.at

view photos

Ann Nguyen Photography says:

I don't like it . Super confusing . I edit my e mail and notifications 10 times already . Still bombarded with messages of people who comment on image I had commented before .
I may stop commenting once for all . Period .

view photos

wayne.withers1970 says:

Ann Nguyen Photography:

Well said Ann
That's the way to stop it.
I'll just use this platform for storage and STOP commenting

view photos

Tom´s photo gallery says:

These changes in the notifications for the bell symbol are very confusing. What should I do with every notification when someone else comments on a picture that I commented once today or last week.
There is no tab with web notifications in my account settings. I can only change settings on the email settings.
I hope that will be improved, because the way it is now I have 50 new notifications on the bell symbol every 10 minutes.
Tom´s photo gallery edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder to keep feedback constructive and on topic. We expect everyone to follow our forum guidelines when posting comments. I've deleted a few posts that strayed from that mark.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

brooklandsspeedway says:

I wish it did not move me to another page rather than just a popup screen like before. I will probably get used to it by 2022.

view photos

wayne.withers1970 says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Matthew. The post says this is being rolled out to a small percentage of the community so can you please, please, please remove me from this roll out.
It just makes me want to close my account

view photos

Retail Retell says:

With the recent activity page I liked being able to see the comments left by others in full (more or less), and the full list of people faving my photos, not just "Bob and 10 others." I liked that it was kind of a running tab on the activity at each individual image.

Will the recent activity page stay intact? Or will it ultimately be replaced by the new notifications page? Like others above have said, I greatly prefer the recent activity page and use it as my homepage when I access flickr.

view photos

Matjaž Skrinar says:

You are asking us to tell you what we think and if we say that it is a disaster we get then deleted? Then better write explicitly that we must only praise the changes.

view photos

Kevin says:

CHANGE IT BACK!!!

I'm kidding, looks fine to me.

It's a pandemic, this is the least of my cares.
😂

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Matjaž Skrinar:

We want to hear feedback whether members like the change or not. We have a few questions in our original post that we'd like to hear members answer, and if you have negative feedback to share, we ask that you make it constructive. Calling a feature "a disaster" is not actionable and not constructive.

view photos

steamnut777 says:

Rubbish what good is messages like this one,
Eduardo Amorim and 282 others commented on a photo you commented on.
can we have the old one back, IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT.

view photos

wayne.withers1970 says:

kp-kp-kp:

Katherine, can't you see from the level of anger on here that this is not a welcome change.
I'm expecting to get up in the morning to hundreds of unwanted comments.
I've never seen such anger from PAYING MEMBERS on this site.
SmugMug need to understand that it's members who make Flickr what it is and this sort of fiasco will only drive us away.
I don't have time to filter through hundreds of comments.
This means I can either stop commenting and stop people commenting on my images or just leave.

view photos

mag3737 says:

TIP: Play around with this filter just for two minutes. It makes the whole thing make sense.

This helps

view photos

Schott Rim says:

kp-kp-kp:

Hi i have checked but is referred only to email. The problem is with browser bell notification of comments from photo you comment. For turn off this notification the page you linked there is nothing.

view photos

Sparrow at home says:

Actually confusing and useless. Please, fix it. Thank you so much!

view photos

Kim Simonsen1 says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

I can not see the Web Notifications only email Notifications ?? this does not work for me! I get hundreds of notifications I do not want and can not find the ones I need in the crowd. Please make it work as usual !!

view photos

mag3737 says:

wayne.withers1970:

I've never seen such anger from PAYING MEMBERS on this site.

Long-time readers of this Help Forum will be snickering into their sleeves at this remark. The vitriol in the past has been real, to the tune of threads many thousands of comments long.

view photos

Schott Rim says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Hi i have checked but is referred only to email. The problem is with browser bell notification of comments from photo you comment. For turn off this notification the page you linked there is nothing.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Kim Simonsen1:

See my tip above.

view photos

PeterThoeny says:

Sorry, the new notification feed does not work for me:

1. I prefer the old grouping of all interactions on a photo for the last 24h. At one glance I can see if a should Command-open a photo in a new tab to take action.

2. Too verbose, need to scroll a lot to get an overview. I am lost in the sea.

3. Each notification gobbles up 90 vertical pixels, too big, requires excessive scrolling.

I hope the old functionality will be preserved as an option!!

How do I switch back from this Beta to the old notification?

view photos

Patricia Ware says:

I still prefer the Recent Activity page.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hi wayne.withers1970, Schott Rim and everyone else,

If you are seeing new notifications, but not seeing an option in your account settings page to control these notifications, this is not intentional.

Our engineers are working on a fix that will bring your notifications and settings page to parity. Meaning, if you see new notifications, you will have access to the new settings page.

Thanks everyone for your patience in the meantime.

Best,
Katherine
kp-kp-kp (staff) edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

last_mec_dispatcher says:

If a like or don't like is all that is being requested, I cannot emphasize my dislike sufficiently and stay within due bounds.
I've not seen a single positive comment yet, so this should give a pretty good idea of the consensus.

What possible purpose could it serve for me to know that some person of whom I have no knowledge has commented on a picture upon which I commented ?

A others have stated the recent changes (since smug mug) have all been flops in my opinion. Change for the sake of change is NOT necessarily an improvement .

Please revert to the "old method" at least until you have it ready for us to make choices. I do not like having this thrust upon me. kp-kp-kp:

kp-kp-kp:

view photos

mag3737 says:

PeterThoeny:

How do I switch back from this Beta to the old notification?

The Recent Activity page (for now) still exists where it always was, accessible from the "You" menu and also via this direct link: flickr.com/activity

view photos

Scott RS says:

I like the changes except for one issue: "Commented on a photo you commented on" is just too prevalent and not important to me. Some of my comments were from a very long time ago, and this is the singular most common notification I receive. So I'd like to stop receiving this one. All the rest are great :)!

view photos

Neilfatea says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

I can't turn off "commented on a photo you commented on" which is very poor. You are ruining the experience

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Neilfatea:

Related to this post. A fix is coming.

view photos

Richard Harvey UK says:

It will be fine. Things usually are.
Eventually.

view photos

Ted's photos - For Me & You says:

I only want to see updates to my photos, not any with comments after mine. Not pleased.
Found the fix in notifications so all is good.
Ted's photos - For Me & You edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

As kp-kp-kp noted above, we had an issue with the bucketing that controls how the roll-out has progressed. This means for some of you, you've been drowned by notifications for comments on photos after your comments, compounded by not having a way to turn those off. We have a fix that should take care of this issue for those of you affected this way. My apologies for the hassle it has caused those of you impacted by the bug.

thanks,
Matthew

view photos

tourtrophy says:

I don't like it. I now have notifications from people who comment on the photos that I 've commented. It 's almost like a spam.

view photos

zuckerme says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

The notifications to my email have stopped, the bell icon now shows hundreds of irrelevant notifications that others have commented on photos I also commented on, and the "settings" page link is broken.

BACK OUT TODAY'S CHANGES AND TEST BEFORE GOING LIVE (please)

view photos

wayne.withers1970 says:

The new options have just gone live on mine so I've blocked the junk.
Try clicking the bell then the cog in the top right. Hopefully it's now set for all of us

view photos

Pablo Urnieta says:

Flickr's decision to report uninteresting comments because they are not related to our photographs or responses to our comments to other people seems absurd to me.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Ted's photos - For Me & You

Neilfatea

Scott RS

last_mec_dispatcher

Kim Simonsen1

tourtrophy

Schott Rim

wayne.withers1970

zuckerme

steamnut777 and everyone else:

To piggy-back off what Matthew Almon Roth said -- the fix is out. Now, if you are part of the bucket of members we are rolling this new feature out to, you should be able to go to your notifications settings at www.flickr.com/account/email, and toggle notifications accordingly (ie, "Comments on photos you’ve commented on").

If you do not see new notification types or a new notifications settings page, you are not yet part of this bucket.

Our FAQ can help guide folks through these settings.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

Gertrud Klopp says:

Absolutely confusing! Cannot turn off notifications of comments other members made on sites I commented on. Can't access my own notifications.
Why change something that's working well? This change is utterly confusing and unmanageable
I am upset!

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Gertrud Klopp:

This should be working now, a fix just went out - can you go to www.flickr.com/account/email and see if anything looks different?

view photos

dragonflydreams88 says:

Thanx for the fix!!

view photos

ChrisRSouthland (mostly off, traveling & working) says:

I don’t find the list of faves that other people have given to my pictures anymore. Where has that gone?

view photos

Tom´s photo gallery says:

Thanks so much, all OK, now the settings work. Best regards Tom

view photos

Sisu Forever says:

I disabled the ability to see comments others have made on photos I've commented on, but now I can't see comments on my own comments from the original photo poster. It seems to be all or nothing. I'd still like to see comments the original photo poster makes on my comments. I just don't need to be notified every time someone posts a comment on the original photo. Does that make sense? I'm apologize if I'm duplicating anyone else's inquiry. Thanks.

view photos

Mike Head -Jetwashphotos says:

Giving somebody the option to mute or block or remove are not wise. If a person is annoyed with one notification they might proceed to remove somebody else while they are annoyed just to feel they are in control of their emotions and will do it because they can. Don't put ideas in people's heads that otherwise don't exist unless you want to see the numbers decrease. They can always delete but they cool down by the time the search out the delete. Here is is right ready, when they might react at the moment.

view photos

Jim Cumming says:

Can you please quit fixing things that aren’t broken?
Thanks
Jim Cumming edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Lei~Mar Photography / Beauty Without Secret says:

Don't like it don't want it and didn't ask for it. Don't fix it if it isn't broke, you guys want to do something I can use, make the platform better than a 3 min video. Then we would be willing to go pro.

view photos

We will be removing notifications all together now.....

view photos

Oh wait... I can see you can turn them off and adjust them to your liking . Give it some time let me see how this is going to pan out.

view photos

C-Aida says:

The new notification feature for groups is not working for me as it is now, unless I misunderstand something.
The problem with it is that it seems that you have only two options with the groups: either turn on all notifications or turn them all off.

With close to a thousand pending photos daily in various groups, as well as pending members and other group activity I have to turn the group notifications off now or they keep coming every minute, growing a very long list of them.

But that means that I don't get notified about new comments in forums which I rely on.

What would help here would be the option to choose only notification about the new comments in the group discussions while muting all the other ones.

view photos

Ann Nguyen Photography says:

Friends ,
It does work now . It gives you options that you can choose what you want . Thanks Flickr team .
You do listen to our needs .

view photos

EltonRoad says:

I would prefer not to receive notifications related to groups. I appreciate there is a way to turn them off for each individual group that you are a member of, however this is too time consuming as I am a member of a lot of groups, please can you add an option to turn them on/off for all groups at once?

Otherwise like the new changes.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

C-Aida:

Thank you for the feedback! While there is no way to mute specific group notifications such as pending queue items, you can adjust the settings to choose which groups you want to get notifications for. We try to batch these notifications, so you shouldn't see many similar ones for the same group. Please let us know if that's not the case.

We will let the team know you'd like to see more granular options for group notifications in the future!

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

EltonRoad:

please can you add an option to turn them on/off for all groups at once?

Yes, we plan to build this setting.

view photos

kirru11 says:

Por favor estode leer los comentarios de otras personas que han hecho en fotos que tu has comentado, me parece muy cansino.
Podría quedarse como antes...
Gracias

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

kirru11:

Hi, you can adjust that and other settings here: flickr.com/account/email

Puedes elegir qué tipo de notificaciones recibes aquí (segunda opción del menú): flickr.com/account/email

view photos

kurth.barbara says:

I don't like this at all and wish to go back to only comments on MY photos. This feels to much like a feature from Facebook.

view photos

sh@ron0 (no ️fav without com) says:

too much irrelevant info on group changes etc! I was happy with the info previously version displayed! Just spent a half hour wearing out my mouse turning off all the group discussions, changes etc! !!!
sh@ron0 (no ️fav without com) edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

wdtorgan says:

liked it better before this change. yup .....

view photos

sh@ron0 (no ️fav without com) says:

Leticia Roncero:takes too long to turn off all that stuff if you belong to a lot of groups!

view photos

skagitrenee says:

Some problems for me to function well with what I need to do:
--thumb nails are too small, especially if considering working on pending pictures
--not all pending actions give an approve or deny link
--actions listed in groups when done do not clear out whether i click approve in this mode or via the group page
--the mute option does nothing at all. I expected to be able to not see some of the groups I am listed as admin, but that I am not active in
--clicking of the larger view window fills the page, but everything- words and pictures remain tiny, so what is the purpose
--I will not get the people info I need if the comments are cut off.
--like others have noted the current activity mode is more complete and useful for me.

Suggestion:
perhaps leave current activity as is, but then use the bell only for admin activities.

view photos

C-Aida says:

Leticia Roncero:

Yes, the same type notification in the same group comes as a batch but for every new pending photo or member that batch becomes effectively a new notification and notifies again about that most recent one.

I.e. "Member X and 20 others added photos to the pending queue" and a minute later there is a new notification about the same batch "Member Y and 21 others added photos to the pending queue."

Thanks, it would be great if the team found a way to bring back separate notifications about the new comments in the discussions.

In the meantime I'll try to learn more about it and see if I can make it work.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

skagitrenee:

actions listed in groups when done do not clear out whether i click approve in this mode or via the group page

Thanks! this is a known issue that we're working to resolve.

skagitrenee:
I expected to be able to not see some of the groups I am listed as admin, but that I am not active in

You can choose which groups you want to get notifications for in the new notification settings page (under Groups > Manage)

view photos

Yolanta Z says:

What have you done? There is a reason I have only 71 contacts and now I am being bombarded with hundreds of notifications each time I open Flickr.
I do not care to be notified when strangers comment on a photo that I commented on. If I am curious, I shall visit that photo myself.
I don't have time to sort through hundreds of notifications just to find what my small circle of friends and contacts have to say to me.
Please fix this so we get a choice in what notifications we want.

FINALLY, I was able to turn off "others commented on a photo you commented on". HURRAY!!! I now only see notifications from my friends and contacts. Nice to see familiar faces .
Yolanta Z edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

A Different Perspective says:

The thing I most like about the old Recent Activity page is that it is image-centric. That is, all the recent comments on a particular image are grouped together.

If you could add an option to group by image to the new page, it would be greatly improved (for me at least).

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 227 replies in [Official Thread] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads