Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Updated March 4th] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 28 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 3 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 9 months ago

Current Discussion

Picture stuck in moderation Queue
Groups
Instagram and Flickr ... Instagram sharing icon not there!
Website query
Embed slideshow issue - Not Displaying Album Correctly
How to find comments left by other members? And my own comments?
frequently images faved stop showing as faved
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Investigating] Auto Upload Album Disappeared
Disappeared Favs
Pro account with adds
Flickr removed from Google Chromecast Ambient Mode
Latest: 7 hours ago
Mobile App out of sync with Website
Latest: 7 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Deleting group invites

MarkBee3 says:

I have received a number of invites to post images on groups but the invite only has an ‘accept’ box, not a ‘reject’ option. How do I reject an invite. Thanks.
Posted at 3:50AM, 22 January 2021 PST ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska says:

MarkBee3:

the invite only has an ‘accept’ box, not a ‘reject’ option.
Look for a little "X" usually displayed inconspicuously somewhere around at the invite box.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mag3737 says:

MarkBee3:

You may need to hover your mouse over the area to make the 'X' appear that mentioned.

view photos

albyn.davis says:

Hmm. I regularly get accept and reject options, and don't have to hunt for an X.

view photos

InnAtElmwood says:

When I get this sort of invitaton, there's always a "No Thanks" box. That could be because I always come across the invites on my Recent Activity page vs. the individual photo's page.
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

amazingstoker says:

The X (IIRC) is at the top right of the invite, it can be hard to spot, obscured by the invite itself.

view photos

Francis Mansell says:

amazingstoker:

I think either something isn't working properly or there may be an issue with the length of the group name. I had a group invitation a couple of days ago from a group with a very long name (65 characters including spaces) and no amount of hovering over any part of it (on the drop-down Notifications list) reveals an x or any other way of declining it. In fact there isn't even a Join button either. The only thing I can do is go to the group via the link.

Perhaps it depends whether they're inviting a specific photo (where I've certainly seen a decline button) or, as in my case, simply inviting you to join the group. If I look at the same invitation on my phone, there is a Join button, but still not a decline one. Meanwhile under Recent Activity: All the invitation doesn't appear at all.
Francis Mansell edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

amazingstoker says:

Francis Mansell:

Just got an invite today so here's what I see:

invite

the left image is the invite, and the right half is the invite when hovered over, you can see the obscured 'x'. (Click the image above for a bigger view)

view photos

GaelLD says:

amazingstoker:

As Francis Mansell explains above this works if a specific picture of yours has been invited to the group, but not if you have been invited to join the group as a member. I have the same issue as Francis, I have recieved invitations from groups that I have no interest for, and I would like to remove the invitations from my activity.

view photos

tmattioni says:

Same here. The group title is so long it runs into another post, and if no thanks is clicked, the other person’s post opens up. Can you block a group? It’s becoming an issue with the frequency. I don’t ever expect to post into a paranormal group.....
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ernstkers says:

tmattioni:

Can you block a group?

No, because groups don't send invites. The admin of the group does. If you block the admin(s) of that group, then they cannot send invites for your photos.

view photos

eagle1effi says:

ernstkers:

BLOCK IS THE ULTIMATE WAY.
IF ONE GIVES A COMMENT ON MY STREAM, I STOP INVITES.
THE SAME IS AN EMAIL FOR ME.

IF YOU BLOCK ME AS ADMIN I REBLOCK AND BAN FROM ALL OF MY
groups, Cause i can never communicate with this Member.

Regards effi

view photos

Back<->lash says:

Why would I be blocked from a group I administrate for no apparent reason

view photos

Viejito says:

Back<->lash:

Why would I be blocked from a group I administrate for no apparent reason
You can be kicked out of a group and banned from a group.
You can be blocked from communicating with another flickr member.

Which of these happened to you?

view photos

Viejito says:

tmattioni:

The group title is so long it runs into another post, and if no thanks is clicked, the other person’s post opens up
Can’t you temporarily change the magnification of the page — by ctrl-scrollwheel — until the two no longer overlap? Then ctrl-0 to return to normal.

view photos

Back<->lash says:

Viejito:
Replying to cant enter into group _ there was not a notice to imply that I was blocked or rejected for any reason _ I just get 403 code saying _ not the page you are looking for and permission not granted to view group .. besides, I am one of the administrators..
Back<->lash edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Back<->lash:

That kinda sounds like the group itself has been entirely deleted from Flickr. This isn't possible for a group admin to do unless all other members (including admins) have been removed from the group. And admins cannot remove other admins.

So if I am right on all of the above (not 100% certain), the remaining conclusion is that Flickr staff deleted the group for some reason.

view photos

Back<->lash says:

Back<->lash:

New update to my situation _ for now it seems I can return to the group that I was blocked from entering _ not exactly sure what or why that event occurred , but at least for now I am content and satisfied with the fact , good-day - everyone !!

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads