Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 2 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 8 months ago

Current Discussion

Can not sign in to existing account
Latest: 17 minutes ago
cannot delete comments and other people photos
Latest: 3 hours ago
Flickr, I was charge twice a short while ago for my Pro subscription
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Sorry, we don’t recognize this URL.
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Groups: pending photos: broken link
Latest: 5 hours ago
Deleting group invites
Latest: 10 hours ago
Faved photos not showing up in that user's list of Faves?
Latest: 12 hours ago
No stats to be seen, Is my #MyFlickrYear legit?
Latest: 12 hours ago
Uploader adds literal comment "binary comment" to every photo
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Investigating] Has flickr disappeared from Google?
Latest: 14 hours ago
Posting photos that appear in Flickr gallery "Comments"
Latest: 16 hours ago
How to view a Slideshow on Flickr after Adobe Flash is officially depreciated?
Latest: 17 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

So many ongoing search issues!

V.C. Wald says:

For months now, maybe years, Flickr search - particularly on my own uploads - is slow and extremely faulty.

For example, I just searched my own photostream on "Bear" and the next screen to come up turns up, under Your Albums, one album ("Sleeping Bear Dunes...") and under Your Photos, 1,312 photos (and below that, more photos from People You Follow, etc.). I then click on "View all 1,312" and the next screen to come up says, "Oops! There are no matches for “Bear” in your photos. Please try broadening your search." This is almost always what happens.

Bears are among my most photographed subjects. "Bear" and "bear" appears in the vast majority of titles, descriptions, and nearly all of the tags associated with my photos of bears.

Is it me or is it Flickr (for which I'm paying for "Pro" service)?
Posted at 9:11AM, 12 January 2021 PST ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Viejito says:

Have you tried reloading that Oops page?

The same thing often happens to me, but when I refresh the page — sometimes more than once — photos usually do show up eventually.

I do agree with you, though, that this is not the way it should be.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mcnod says:

V.C. Wald:

"Oops! There are no matches for “Bear” in your photos. Please try broadening your search."

I suggest at that point you should use your browser's "reload the current page", upper left of the window.

view photos

Seth Gaines says:

I'm not sure it has ever refused to show me any results, but I have had problems off and on with not getting all the results I should when searching my own account (which causes a brief panic when I think the files are lost).

I also have frequent problems with the pages of results being wrong. What I mean by this is that Flickr will tell me there are 20 pages of results, but the last one or more pages do not exist. So maybe page 18 will have a half page of results, and 19 and 20 have disappeared as options. Or I jump to page 20 from page one, and page one remains displayed and page 19 is now the last choice. There I am not sure if I am not seeing all the results, or if Flickr is just not tabulating them properly.

view photos

V.C. Wald says:

Viejito:

mcnod:

Seth Gaines:

Thanks for the suggestion to refresh the search results page, it seems to work (though it's hard to tell if the search results are complete), when I get OOPS, and when my search turns up only photos by others and none of mine, even when I specify "your photos" before pushing the button.

This is such a long-term, ongoing problem you'd think Flickr might take a look at it?

view photos

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska says:

V.C. Wald:

Flickr might take a look at it
Looking and fixing seem to be two different things though...
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

V.C. Wald says:

New problems today! I searched on "bridge" (and "Bridge" just to be sure)
and several albums the names of which included "Bridgers" for the local mountain range, popped up. But not one single image of the many I've taken of bridges (or even of the Bridgers, the background for lots of my local photos, and always mentioned in the title, description, and/or tags) - so many photos taken from the Lamar River Bridge, for instance - nothing, nada, no improvement with refresh. It's not even giving me the option to search "Your" (my) photos.

Flickr, is anyone paying attention there??
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

V.C. Wald:

Hi there,

As this is a member to member Help Forum, staff are not always present here.

The best way to contact Flickr Staff is by using the contact form here.

I am sending over an email now to see if I can help out,

Thanks!
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads