Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 38 minutes ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 23 hours ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 6 months ago

Current Discussion

[Resolved] 'Uploading Failed' All Day
Latest: 84 seconds ago
Subscription changed to Free account after making annual payment
Latest: 5 minutes ago
Deceased members.
Latest: 37 minutes ago
Translations of texts
Latest: 52 minutes ago
Organiser Map - Lack of blue dots
Latest: 65 minutes ago
The titles when uploading are truncated. Happens a lot.
Latest: 77 minutes ago
Not receiving email notifications
Latest: 86 minutes ago
Can't make video public.
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Monitoring] Return of the Bad Panda.
Latest: 2 hours ago
iphone 12 video overexposed on Flickr
Latest: 4 hours ago
Cannot re subscribe at the end of my pro subscription.
Latest: 7 hours ago
Uploading from Lightroom - lots of different error messages
Latest: 8 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Can groups ever be Moderate only?

Kytteh Wytchwood inworld says:

Is there a reason why we are forced to have safe content? I am wanting to create a moderate content only group so that people don't abuse my group and spam it with children content.
I saw a virtual child pic this morning in a group that also has moderate and restricted content, mostly restricted.
I've already reported this acct btw.
I had wanted to see if it is possible to create a moderate only group, but clicking moderate also checks safe too.
Posted at 8:17AM, 20 November 2020 PST ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Viejito says:

Kytteh Wytchwood inworld:

clicking moderate also checks safe too.
You seem to be answering your own question.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mag3737 says:

Is "moderate + safe" not good enough?

I mean, suppose you have a group that allows photos with visible boobies (or substitute your favourite other characteristic that warrants a "moderate" setting). Does this mean that you want to actively prohibit photos that do NOT have visible boobies? So, like, a picture of a bear in a stream would be right out?

view photos

Pak T says:

The safety level sets the upper level only. Everything below it is acceptable as well. So if you set it for restricted, then any context (safe, moderate, or restricted) is allowed. There is no way to exclude lower/safer options.

view photos

Viejito says:

You can, of course, demand that your members only post moderate photos, and remove all the safe ones, or install a queue and only approve moderate photos. That is your prerogative as group admin. But you cannot make flickr enforce that.

view photos

mag3737:

Of course any animal photos do not bother me.
I wanted to know if it would ever be a feature in the future.
I only wanted to test if I could make a Moderate only group when I saw this child photo dumped into groups that allow moderate and restricted content.
The first group I saw it in, in the feed, is a heavily restricted content group that features x-rated content for the majority from its members.
I was very surprised, went to the photo, reported it, then went back and saw the 100+ groups, many of which can be seen by title alone, that it is an 18+ group for adults only.
Many, many group rules in these groups state in their group rules, no child photos, virtual and real.
This is a virtual depiction of two toddler children and it is still upsetting that this member had no regard for rules nor for the morals of doing such an action.

view photos

Viejito:

Unfortunately, not all of these groups that the children's photo was added to, are closely monitored, if at all.
There are newer as well as yrs old groups this photo was added to.
To my dismay, group members and admins of these groups that do not allow child content, are spamming this photo's comment section.
Clearly they no longer care or know about their own group rules, just wanting to spam their group awards to have people know about their group and gain more members to have more content in their group pools.

view photos

Pak T:

Viejito:

Thank you for your supportive, kind and useful information.
This group was as a test and I came to the forum to ask if it could ever be safe only, not to complain. some people took me the wrong way and twisted my words.
Thank you for not doing that.
Posted 1 week ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads