Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Official] We’re conducting a test on faves - updated with test results!
Latest: 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 5 months ago
[Official] Flickr requesting that some Pro subscribers update their subscription information
Latest: 6 months ago

Current Discussion

How to load all pics from a collection into organize?
Latest: 5 minutes ago
No Paypal (not a new subscriber)
Latest: 4 hours ago
Selling my Pics on Flickr
Latest: 6 hours ago
Cannot login
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Pandas
How to share "larger" images
Movies failed to upload
Latest: 11 hours ago
Flickr photo editor
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Investigating] Site is Still Slow
Latest: 17 hours ago
Not Pro - Will my 3500 photos be deleted?
Latest: 18 hours ago
Logging On
Latest: 23 hours ago
Google "Licensable".
Latest: 23 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Drag & drop not working - help please

dfa2124 says:

Hi all. I'm using Flickr on a Mac, and I can't import photos into a new photo album. When I create a new album I am greeted with a large empty space with the following info:

Drag stuff here to add it to the album
You can drag them around to re-order them.

The only problem is, when I select a photo, or a group of photos from the Finder and drag them into this area, it looks like they are going to be added, but instead, it just opens the photo or photos in separate tabs in my browser. This happens whether I'm using Firefox, Chrome or Safari. I'm sure the drag & drop method used to work.

Can anyone help please? Have Flickr changed things?

Thanks.
Posted at 11:47AM, 15 October 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Pictures from the Ghost Garden says:

dfa2124:

It sounds like you are in “Organize”. You cannot drag and drop from Finder directly into albums or anywhere else on Flickr in “Organize”. When it says drag and drop it means from the strip along the bottom that contains thumbnails of photos already uploaded to Flickr.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

dfa2124 says:

Thanks, but doing that has the same effect. In fact the first pic in the sequence replaces the Flickr upload tab in the browser and any others are added to new tabs. Something isn't right here.

There is a Flickr tab called 'Batch Organize' but I'm not using that. The current tab is 'Album: new album'.

view photos

ernstkers says:

dfa2124:

The current tab is 'Album: new album'.

That's part of the organizr or "Organize". You can only drag photos into the workspace from the filmstrip at the bottom of it.

view photos

dfa2124 says:

Thanks. That worked! I had to upload the photos first and then add them to the new album. It's been a while since I've used Flickr and I'm sure previously I could just drag photos directly from the computer into a new album, but I could be wrong.

view photos

ernstkers says:

dfa2124:

previously I could just drag photos directly from the computer into a new album, but I could be wrong.

No, that was never possible. The "Organize" is a very old part dating from Flickr's infancy. It was never possible to drag photos from "outside" into it. You might confuse it with the uploadr (dating from 2012). With that it's possible to drag photos from the MacOS finder into it. If you have done that, one of the options in it is to add to albums.

view photos

dfa2124 says:

Thanks again. Flickr don't make it clear that these functions are within the organizr. I probably did use the uploadr before.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads