Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Official] We’re conducting a test on faves - updated with test results!
Latest: 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 5 months ago
[Official] Flickr requesting that some Pro subscribers update their subscription information
Latest: 6 months ago

Current Discussion

How to load all pics from a collection into organize?
Latest: 10 minutes ago
No Paypal (not a new subscriber)
Latest: 4 hours ago
Selling my Pics on Flickr
Latest: 6 hours ago
Cannot login
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Pandas
How to share "larger" images
Movies failed to upload
Latest: 11 hours ago
Flickr photo editor
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Investigating] Site is Still Slow
Latest: 17 hours ago
Not Pro - Will my 3500 photos be deleted?
Latest: 18 hours ago
Logging On
Latest: 23 hours ago
Google "Licensable".
Latest: 23 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Juhu, I'm No. 1 in Explore October 13th, 2020

s0340248 says:

... but unfortunately with the wrong picture. I have set 4 pictures, and of all things the weakest is now No. 1
www.flickr.com/photos/158685238@N03/50466606522/in/datepo...

This picture was uploaded first and that was my favorite for Explore too.
www.flickr.com/photos/158685238@N03/50465701953/in/datepo...

On the evening of October 13th, 2020, my favorite had significantly more favorites than the later Explore picture.

The same game on 09/26/2020:
Image in Explore www.flickr.com/photos/158685238@N03/50382375983/in/photos...
My favorite
www.flickr.com/photos/158685238@N03/50383254202/in/photos...

Whether I will get an explanation here why the Explore image was preferred.

I would also be interested in whether the data protection setting “Hide your photos when searching within flickr.com?” Has an effect on the success of Explore.
I've read that it is. If that were the case, however, I would expect Flickr to communicate the negative impact on the Explore result.

greeting
Posted at 3:55AM, 14 October 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mcnod says:

s0340248:

my favorite had significantly more favorites than the later Explore picture.

The number of favs at an arbitrary time is not the factor used when determining a photo's eligibility for Explore, you are oversimplifying the selection process.

s0340248:
I would also be interested in whether the data protection setting “Hide your photos when searching within flickr.com?” Has an effect on the success of Explore

If you hide a photo from site-wide search, it will not be considered for Explore inclusion. Explore will still succeed in filling 500 publicly viewable images. If you hide your recently Explored image now, it will not be replaced by the one you were excited about in your daily offering for that day, but the original Explored image will disappear from Explore..
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ShellyS says:

For what it's worth, I've had a lot of photos in Explore over the years, with many dropping out, but many staying. My photo that ranked highest, at number 5 and was featured for an hour back when flickr featured Explored photos, has the fewest faves and views of most if not all of my other Explored photos. I love the photo, but I'll never understand why it achieved such a high position while other of my Explored photos with more faves did not.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads