Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Official] We’re conducting a test on faves - updated with test results!
Latest: 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 5 months ago
[Official] Flickr requesting that some Pro subscribers update their subscription information
Latest: 6 months ago

Current Discussion

How to load all pics from a collection into organize?
Latest: 64 minutes ago
No Paypal (not a new subscriber)
Latest: 4 hours ago
Selling my Pics on Flickr
Latest: 6 hours ago
Cannot login
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Pandas
Latest: 10 hours ago
How to share "larger" images
Latest: 10 hours ago
Movies failed to upload
Latest: 11 hours ago
Flickr photo editor
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Investigating] Site is Still Slow
Latest: 17 hours ago
Not Pro - Will my 3500 photos be deleted?
Latest: 18 hours ago
Logging On
Latest: 23 hours ago
Google "Licensable".
Latest: 23 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Flickr photo editor

C.G.87 says:

Flickr has changed the photo editor frames. It seems to give more choice of frames, but in fact there is less choice now as they have removed the custom option! As an update it seems retrograde to me.
It would be nice if this could be put back.
Posted at 3:36AM, 12 October 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

GCG-Redeemed says:

The new photo editor is really bad. If you decide to make any change the image immediately become very pixilated and you can't see what you are doing? How can you make changes if the image becomes so degraded? This is super annoying and will now mean I have to make all my changes in Lightroom and can't tweak anything much on Flickr... this translates to... you are putting yourself out of a job. If people find they have to spend a super long amount of time to make very minor changes what do you think will happen?
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

wildhareuk says:

GCG-Redeemed:

I'm not sure why you wouldn't use the far superior editor in Lightroom, especially as your edits in lightroom are there wherever you publish your photos to.

Using the Flickr plugin (especially the JF one) makes changing and updating Flickr so easy.

All my tagging, captions, geo tagging and editing is done before I publish. Any changes automatically set the photo to republish with a single click.

view photos

txmx 2 says:

I can only see the "Transform" feature, but not the "Adjust" (for me the most important) and all the other functions of the editor.
Whats happening?

EDIT:
OK - found them - -they have all moved to the left side/verically.
txmx 2 edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Mary Faith. says:

Can't believe what you have done to Flickr 'Photo Editor' !!!
Why change something that was not broken ???
I HATE it.
Will have to go back to using 'Ipiccy' as my photo editor.

Please reinstate your 'old' Flickr editor

view photos

CarenPolarBears says:

The new version of the Flickr Photo Editor works fine. Just a little bit of a different handling.
Thank you Flickr :-)
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Sandi - (Very Busy Lady!) says:

I checked out the new editor and found it worked fine, but then, I do use Ribbet, so I am used to the side function layout.

What it does have now, which it didn't before, is a "back button" that undoes only one adjustment at a time, and not all of them.
I also like the addition of the focus section.
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

jHc__johart says:

Don't like the new white frame that includes a thin black outer ridge. Prefer the frame choices in the old editor
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

SCOTTISH BUS ARCHIVES says:

(edited by staff for language) I hate the new photo editor, and you have removed the frames that I used. Leave the bloody thing alone!
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 5 days ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

As many of you have noticed, we're in the process of rolling out our new version of the photo editor.

This upgrade allowed the opportunity for some overall improvements as well resolution for a number of outstanding bugs. It resolves the issue with editing portrait images and gives the option of a 3:2 aspect ratio.

C.G.87:
While this new version introduces more frame options than before, there has not recently been an option that supported custom frames. Can you provide a bit more information about where you were previously seeing this option?

GCG-Redeemed:
You mentioned that you're experiencing some blurriness. Sending over an email now to get some additional details about what you're experiencing.

This roll out is happening gradually-- so if you're not seeing the new version on your account quite yet, you will shortly!

view photos

Keith. Clark says:

Never use it, the old one was terrible & the new one doesn't look any better
Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

birds_r_bliss says:

C.G.87:

Absolutely agree about the new frame options. Why can one no longer adjust the white frame all the way down to a hairline (5 pixels) as in the past? The new frame, even at the narrowest setting, is so thick it obscures way too much of an image, including watermarks that are placed in the corner. Very disappointed.

view photos

Mary Faith. says:

Agree 100% with the last comment - I always used the fine hairline to give the cut edge look to all my photos.

I notice several people have commented on the old frames being no longer available.

I hope you will take notice - or your new 'Editor' ' will be useless to a lot of us! I'll be forced to go back to Ipiccy.

view photos

FIFA World Cup Pin Badges says:

Another case of fixing something that wasn't broken. Now takes me twice as long to tweak my images. Cheers.

view photos

wildhareuk says:

FIFA World Cup Pin Badges:

It was broken - portrait images were giving problems.

view photos

mcnod says:

FIFA World Cup Pin Badges:

Another case of fixing something that wasn't broken

Some members would experience the lost of all of their work including the original when trying to replace the original with an edit. Yes, it was broken.

view photos

Asdview says:

katie_ko:

This new photo editor is a tragedy, you simply can't manipulate images into abstract form any more, all the new one does is make tiny adjustments of colour and light, it is horribly fiddly,over-complicated and yet does very little.
I am so angry as I have just renewed my pro account and now can not manipulate my photos to the extremes I really enjoyed. I wish I could get my hands on the old photo editor if anyone knows how please tell me.

view photos

DEE VEE 40 says:

Without realising that this topic had already been raised I started a new thread that has now been closed, But will copy it to hereI

"I don't like the new photo editor ! The old one was fine apart from the fact that it was very slow to replace the original after making your alterations.
I used it most to put a very slim border around some of my shots. The facility is still there on the new, with the exception that the limit of adjustment of the solid white frame is too thick for my liking
A bad move in my estimation
Update
And it still takes forever to replace the original."

And now after trying to achieve the results I had obtained so easily before, I dislike the new version even more.
Please add my name to any campaign to bring back the old version, or at least extend the range of the solid white border to almost zero thickness. What we have now is a distraction, not an enhancement.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

YMIHERE1 says:

katie_ko:

I just discovered this change! Thanks! Much improved. (Took you long enough.) But really, nice job.

view photos

knightbefore_99 says:

total crap
knightbefore_99 edited this topic 13 hours ago.

view photos

brucejohnson207 says:

I do not like the new editing results of my photos. To be more specific, under EDIT WITH FLICKR PHOTO EDITER, then ADJUST, then CLARITY, my photos used to come out clear and crisp, almost as though by magic; now when using the CLARITY filter, it just seems to get brighter, not that much clearer. This is a big problem that needs to be looked at! Using the CLARITY button is my life/photo saver! This just started a few days ago with the format change u made' Please go back to the old CLARITY software. NOW!!!
Posted 2 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ajcustom says:

Asdview:

They should have a function to allow you to go back to the old editor. It gets way too woolly with the filters, and if you don't like what you were on in a subcategory, you have to remember to click the "none" at the top (original) to move on to another subcategory, or it will just compound it with the next subcategory you've gone to.

As buggy as the old system was (and yes, I've lost an image or two), at least my photos still looked like photos; if I tweak it a hair now, it quickly devolves into pixelated psychedelic crud...which is fine if you want that, but sometimes we want a more subtle touch.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ajcustom says:

Unpopular as this is with others, I used the blur function in the "adjust" section of the old editor...A LOT! I was doing collage art and parts required that element and not the grossly clumsy radial/line blur type aspect that still keep now.

Imgur used to have a decent photo editor, and then they removed it with the promise of restoring it (been over two years now, and that ain't changing any time soon); they had that blur function, as well. Luckily, I found Flickr, and found there's decent.

I was using Lunapic briefly for some editing, but I did not like it's light adjustments, and some images quickly devolved into unreal digitized crud. So, I come back here to good Ol' reliable Flickr, only to find these new changes. The filters and adjustments now are too pronounced and quickly send the image spiraling into digitized dreck.

Can someone tell me of a free image editor that allows a controlled blur function?

-better still, Flickr, restore that controlled blur function now!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

knightbefore_99 says:

I tried to edit a photo and now it says "Double Click to Edit" in big white letters on the photo and i can't get rid of it
Amazing , I am very impressed NOT
Posted 13 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads