Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 2 months ago
[Official] Flickr requesting that some Pro subscribers update their subscription information
Latest: 3 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] View counts stalling... Again & Again &Again
Latest: 3 minutes ago
Views being Deleted
Latest: 18 minutes ago
Geotagging went wrong
Latest: 6 hours ago
moving images
[Monitoring Fix] Bad Panda on tags
Odd Behavior Viewing Contacts Photos
Latest: 9 hours ago
Group disappeared
notification icon sometimes has a box around it
"Social ban" bug is "spamming" in group queues
Latest: 12 hours ago
Site Status Page Not Reporting Issues
Latest: 23 hours ago
'Flickr Series Number: CIO-GG-619002 award' - Is this a scam?
Latest: 25 hours ago
I would like to see updates to display statistics
Latest: 27 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Comment failing to post

photondj2 says:

Today I posted a reply to a comment on one of my photos which the commenter had posted an hour ago. My name and comment appeared, but my comment was dated 2d, as if I’d commented 2 days previously! And on returning later to this photo, my comment had disappeared. I’ve tried re-posting it, but the same issue keeps occurring. This is frustrating because I wouldn’t like the commenter to think that I am not bothering to reply.
Posted at 12:48AM, 31 July 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

katiekoberger says:

photondj2:

Sending you over an email to get some additional information here.
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

isteeves says:

I am getting an error message: "We could not post your comment" when I tried to comment under some photos. I tried using Firefox and Safari, re-loaded the page and the search engines several times with the same error message. Could you please tell me what is going on?

I would very much appreciate your answer to this problem.

Thanks~Irene Steeves
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Icy - Banned for no reason, explanation refused says:

I am unable to post in these help forums, only getting a preview bad link error and no button offered to 'post' so I am joining into this open and active topic here with similar issue.

I have asked by email for help over a week ago, I had a fairly prompt response asking for more info which I sent, then nothing. Since then I have sent another email, even made an account to ask in Twitter DM.

My account is 4 months old, and I have seen other people with this same bug with accounts years old here in these help forums.

www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157632809656680/?search=new%2...

I hadn't posted for about 3 weeks, I have only ever used the site email 2 or so times, and not followed a lot of people, so not spammy, and am wondering if this is a glitch or bug.

As far as I can see, I am unable to

- email (in-site)
-ad new contacts
-ad to groups, ( I have been told my picture gets accepted then deletes from group and goes back to pending over and over)
-start a new topic in these help forums

For these I get messages about a temporary restriction for new accounts.

We're sorry, but we've temporarily suspended FlickrMail privileges for your account. We hope to bring it back as soon as possible. If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Care team.

I can
-post comments
-like pictures.

I have seen other people get this particular issue resolved by posting here, a mod see's it and helps out. I am hoping for that here too.
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )
Icy - Banned for no reason, explanation refused edited this topic 5 days ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katiekoberger says:

isteeves: Icy SL:

Sending over emails now.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

katiekoberger:

Hi Katie :) Thanks for response! Can't see any email in my Flickr inbox.

I can't send emails in-site so probably can't receive them either.

(edited by staff to remove personal information) is where I can be reached
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )
katiekoberger (staff) edited this topic 3 days ago.

view photos

I don't appreciate being banned for no reason, as there is no reason in your rules for my ban. I am due a valid explanation or reinstatement of abilities.

People enter into an account here under impression their work is safe as long as they abide by the rules. They value and work on these accounts and to just reduce one to unusable for no reason is deeply wrong.
Posted 2 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads