Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 5 hours ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 2 months ago
[Official] Flickr requesting that some Pro subscribers update their subscription information
Latest: 3 months ago

Current Discussion

Views being Deleted
Latest: 13 minutes ago
[Investigating] View counts stalling... Again & Again &Again
Latest: 14 minutes ago
[Monitoring Fix] Bad Panda on tags
Latest: 18 minutes ago
Geotagging went wrong
Latest: 6 hours ago
moving images
Latest: 6 hours ago
Odd Behavior Viewing Contacts Photos
Latest: 9 hours ago
Group disappeared
Latest: 10 hours ago
notification icon sometimes has a box around it
Latest: 10 hours ago
"Social ban" bug is "spamming" in group queues
Latest: 12 hours ago
Site Status Page Not Reporting Issues
Latest: 23 hours ago
'Flickr Series Number: CIO-GG-619002 award' - Is this a scam?
Latest: 25 hours ago
I would like to see updates to display statistics
Latest: 27 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Public Photostream only shows recent uploads

pasa47 says:

I have 87k+ public photos, but my public profile shows just over 900 and my photostream only goes back to April of this year. What's going on here? This has been an issue for months (since mid-April if I recall correctly).
Posted at 5:13AM, 30 July 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ernstkers says:

pasa47:

my public profile shows just over 900 and my photostream only goes back to April of this year.

I see 879 pages in your photostream, which matches the 87,873 public photos your profile says. Your oldest photo was uploaded on 3 March 2006: www.flickr.com/photos/pasa/107119373/in/dateposted/
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mcnod says:

pasa47:

I also see 879 pages and 87,873 photos.

view photos

sps1955 says:

pasa47:

I have "Safe search" set to "On" and, when I go to your photostream, the header says that you have 904 photos, and the last photo in your stream is www.flickr.com/photos/pasa/49795373027/in/dateposted/, "Pair of Pidgeons", uploaded on 19 April 2020. However, if I got to that photo's page, the context strip under the photo enables me to scroll through many earlier photos and I can open, for example, www.flickr.com/photos/pasa/49775391646/in/photostream/, "Police line", uploaded 7 April 2020. If I then click "Back to photostream" I get taken to the start of your stream, not to the context of "Police line". This is a problem that has occurred before, I believe, and I think that, if you contact staff via help.flickr.com/contact (assuming a staff member doesn't respond in this thread), it should be possible to fix the problem for your photostream, although it looks as if a global fix has yet to be found!

If I change my "Safe search" setting to "Off" and go to your photostream, I get 87,873 photos over 879 pages, as described by ernstkers and mcnod. So the manifestation of the bug seems to depend on my "Safe search" setting; it may be that theirs is different from my normal setting of "On", which may explain why we are seeing different things.

view photos

mcnod says:

sps1955:

Nice bit of sleuthing.

view photos

pasa47 says:

sps1955:

Awesome, thank you!

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads