Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 2 months ago
[Official] Flickr requesting that some Pro subscribers update their subscription information
Latest: 3 months ago

Current Discussion

Views being Deleted
Latest: 21 minutes ago
[Investigating] View counts stalling... Again & Again &Again
Latest: 38 minutes ago
Geotagging went wrong
Latest: 5 hours ago
moving images
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Bad Panda on tags
Latest: 6 hours ago
Odd Behavior Viewing Contacts Photos
Latest: 8 hours ago
Group disappeared
Latest: 9 hours ago
notification icon sometimes has a box around it
Latest: 9 hours ago
"Social ban" bug is "spamming" in group queues
Latest: 11 hours ago
Site Status Page Not Reporting Issues
Latest: 22 hours ago
'Flickr Series Number: CIO-GG-619002 award' - Is this a scam?
Latest: 24 hours ago
I would like to see updates to display statistics
Latest: 26 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Investigating] View counts stalling... Again & Again &Again

last_mec_dispatcher says:

For the last several days view counts Have"stalled". Unlike the NORMAL inaccuracy of
several hours of few or no views, the counts start normally, then just freeze. The comments, and faves continue, but the count doesn't increase. I have spoken with a several other members who are experiencing the same problem. My views are down by 40-50% before they legitimately slows after 24 hrs or so.
I am NOT obsessed with the "number", but if people are not seeing what I post, I ,might as well quit this venue.
Posted at 12:24PM, 17 July 2020 PDT ( permalink )
kp-kp-kp (staff) edited this topic 8 days ago.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 249 replies in [Investigating] View counts stalling... Again & Again &Again)
view photos

Well I am still having the problem. My stream is private, and if you look back you'll see I normally get 400-500 views per post. But for the last week, it gets to the low 200's and then just seems to stall there, and get's few if any counts from thereon. I know it's summer people are busy etc, but others are having this problem as well. As I said above it's not number obsession, it because I don't believe people are seeing the posts, but if they are, why isn't it tabulated. It make me rethink paying for another year.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

wildhareuk says:

last_mec_dispatcher:

As all your images are private, only the followers than can see your posts will increment your views - you are not in any groups, so you will not get any views through that route.

You have 503 followers, so you expecting all your followers (and any friends or family that you have allowed to view) to view every single image that you post, as soon as you post it.

If you need more views - add your images to groups - your images stay private, but are visible only to members of the group.

view photos

Crusty Da Klown says:

last_mec_dispatcher:

Things have been slower the last few days, but what else would you expect when flickr itself is running slower than normal. It's the "new norm" you know (chuckle). I guess people would rather put on their masks and go out for a breath of fresh air than sit around on a site that is lagging.

view photos

wildhareuk:

No I don't expect them all to look at them , as I know a number of my followers are "inactive". What concerns me is the precipitous drop in the last week. At least two other friends I have spoken with are experiencing the same phenomenon. Over 5 years watching my stream, I can recognize the view pattern, and it has changed markedly in the last week, thank you however for reading offering advice. Appreciate it.

Crusty Da
Klown
:

I might believe it if most of the people I saw were wearing masks; they're not. As I said I'm not obsessed with the number, only that perhaps followers are not seeing the post. Thanks for commenting.

view photos

EHBusman1958 says:

My view count has had them same problem in the past week, i Normally get between 12 and 14 thousand views a day, but the past week its strugles to get just over 9 thousand.

view photos

EHBusman1958:

Same problem here, just on a smaller scale. An image I posted 24 hours ago should have had right around 400 views right now, it has 250.

view photos

Buddha's Ghost says:

last_mec_dispatcher:

Over 5 years watching my stream, I can recognize the view pattern, and it has changed markedly in the last week,

Perhaps some members are viewing photos in a different fashion and at a different rate since the new ACTIVITY page was introduced, and this is reducing views on your photos.

view photos

E.W. Smit Wildlife says:

This has been going on for several weeks now, not just a few days.

view photos

MarkXYVL says:

Here as well, view counts stall everytime, when i log out for instance i see a completely different number (higher) than when i log in again.

view photos

MarkXYVL says:

Still not working correctly...

view photos

Loverdag - unedited - says:

EHBusman1958:

My view count has had them same problem in the past week, i Normally get between 12 and 14 thousand views a day, but the past week its strugles to get just over 9 thousand.

Same here.
But longer than one week.

Buddha's Ghost:
Perhaps some members are viewing photos in a different fashion and at a different rate since the new ACTIVITY page was introduced, and this is reducing views on your photos.

Some of us experiece the lowered views much longer. It started before the new Activity Feed was introduced. (Probably in the time when they was already working on it). For me, same as for the OP here:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157714666646228/

I exchanged few emails about that with support, but since I sent the last one (June 27th) they didn't response anymore. (The case wasn't closed, the problem wasn't fixed and they didn't make any conclusion - I think its not very polite just to stop answer like that ...)

Sadly the issue still remains today. (Could be the reasons are different (aka different issues causing that), but the result is same - views dont fit the long time statistics, they are significantly lower.

view photos

There's total inconsistency with it. The two photos I posted on Sat evening proceeded at the rate and view count which have been customary for some time. Then the shot I posted Sunday evening started off fine, and about 18 hours in it hit a brick wall and has gone stagnant. Very frustrating. And they don't seem to be even responding to these several comments and concerns by multiple users.
last_mec_dispatcher edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

Suziecd/tv says:

Well, something isnt right with stats, posted a pic a few hours ago, says the total view on the pic is 915 but the total in the stats column is only 813.

view photos

verona39 says:

The stats totals remain frozen, while views increase in camera roll and photostream. This has been going on for quite a while. How come Flickr techs are not addressing this problem??

view photos

curly42 says:

My daily views dropped by 40-50% about a week ago. A few people have asked me why I haven't posted much lately,as they don't seem to be seeing the images as they used to.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

MoneeC. says:

The stats remain frozen. Flickr why don't you fix it??

view photos

wildhareuk says:

MoneeC.:

Have you reported this directly to Flickr here: help.flickr.com/contact?

Flickr staff are the only people who can see if there is a problem with the accounts that seem to be affected here. My stats seem to be fine.

Bear in mind that most of the people who respond here are just members like you although staff do pop in quite frequently.

view photos

Jane Statham says:

I thought it was just me, but obviously not. My view counts are much lower than they usually are. Have been for about 2/3 weeks.

view photos

Axholmian says:

View counts have stalled on each of my photo pages, but are still incrementing in my Camera Roll.

I have reported it just now 13:46 Wed 22 Jul. UK time.
Axholmian edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Still no improvement here, nor any response from Flickr. My counts are down on average 25% in the last 10 days, based on the average number of views since June 1..
Anyone else see any improvement, or a response from "staff" ?

view photos

wildhareuk says:

last_mec_dispatcher:

Have you contacted Flickr directly yet, it's a more sure way of getting their attention? As some people have suggested it may be related to the new landing page format.

view photos

wildhareuk:

Yeh, I sent a message there about 15 hrs ago with no response. Problem seems even worse today. Oh wait, I did get a "do not reply" automated reply telling me how quickly they'd get back to me :-)

view photos

Flickr Staff

katiekoberger says:

At this time we're still collecting additional information from folks to get a better idea of what's being experienced.

If you're experiencing any abnormalities with your stats, please send a message over to our Support team so we can take a closer look at your account.

last_mec_dispatcher:

Looks like we did attempt to send a message over to the email linked to your account back on the 22nd so we could try to get some additional information. Do you have access to that email address?

view photos

katiekoberger:

For some reason, I didn't see the e-mail from "help" until you pointed it out ^^^^

I have just responded to it, thanks for prodding me

view photos

katiekoberger:

June 18th support asked me to send them urls of affected pictures, I did that same day. It means more than month ago. I didn't hear from you (staff/support) any new info since then. I asked again for it at June 27th and no aswer. Is that how support is supposed to work now (for PRO)?
Loverdag - unedited - edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Loverdag - unedited -:

Hi there,

Apologies, I have now picked up your Support Ticket.

I will be reaching with an update and will keep you informed along the way.

Thanks for your patience.

view photos

Loverdag - unedited -:

They asked me for some links after responding to me. I have had responses from two different "staff", but as yet no resolution. My numbers remain abnormally low.

view photos

sdttds says:

last_mec_dispatcher:

Mine seem normal, after being abnormally high a few weeks back.

view photos

Mine are worse since yesterday + Bad Pandas as bonus.

view photos

E.W. Smit Wildlife says:

View count issue is still not resolved. Been weeks now.

view photos

I have brought this to "supports" attention, and they have responded saying they're going to have the engineers look at it. Somehow I'm not optimistic. It seems somewhat likely that it's related to "new activity feed" so recently unveiled. I suspect all of my (our) followers are simply not seeing the posts on the "New activity" feed. I sure hope the get it straightened out before it's time to "re-up" as Pro.

view photos

verona39 says:

Total views stats are frozen again. Reported this problem 6 days ago.
verona39 edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

last_mec_dispatcher:

I agree.
And despite the apology above, they didn't answer my ticket still - I guess thats because they don't know how to fix it = they have nothing to say about it.

view photos

littletinperson says:

yes. views seem to accumulate at a much lower rate. particularly noticeable after a new post - usual spike of activity (faves, comments) is atypical for the last few weeks. i just assumed that people following me (casually) were not using their activity feed anymore, so any new work is not as visible to them. views, faves, comments are not a big concern for me - trends that might indicate issues on flickr's end are a bigger concern.

view photos

Flickr Staff

DugMug says:

Hi all,

We do appreciate your patience while we investigate this. We will post any updates for this issue here as well as respond to your open help requests as we have those updates.

view photos

V Photography and Art says:

Same for me for the past few days, views down by around 60% and few of the followers have told me they didn't see my photo when viewing in 'New Activity'.

view photos

dollywings [ Pat ] says:

V Photography and Art:

Exactly the same as I'm experiencing, a waste of time posting at all .

view photos

V Photography and Art:

dollywings [ Pat ]:

Same for me when I started this thread, and it continues today. Gee maybe we've found the problem, and all they need to do is fix it ! New is NOT always better !

view photos

curly42 says:

Still the same this morning here in the UK.
Posted 1 week ago. ( permalink )

view photos

wildhareuk says:

dollywings [ Pat ]:

I can see that people are commenting, viewing and faving your recent photos - hardly a waste of time if some people are still interacting! :)

Great photos, btw.
Posted 1 week ago. ( permalink )

view photos

dollywings [ Pat ] says:

wildhareuk:

The views seem quite down recently to what they used to be and some of my contacts said they are having problems finding my Photos.
A couple of friends who aren't Flickr members have said when searching
my Flickr name or tags have found "this user has no public photos"instead of my photos,which is quite worrying !
Thanks for your comment about my photos !
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink )
dollywings [ Pat ] edited this topic 9 days ago.

view photos

No change in the ongoing low count saga. Today's posting is down about 100 views in the course of the normal time span. That may seem minuscule, but my stream is private and limited, so that represents about a 25% decline. Viewing the stats view graph confirms this whole scenario. Support claims they and the engineers are "looking into it" ? Why am I not encouraged :-)
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

last_mec_dispatcher:

Same here, nothing new still.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

wildhareuk says:

last_mec_dispatcher:

Loverdag - unedited -:

Have I missed the bit where Flickr have responded saying they have fixed or found the issue?

view photos

wildhareuk:

Have I missed the bit where Flickr have responded saying they have fixed or found the issue?

There was ticket more then one month ago (!), support asked for urls of affected pictures, I sent it and they didn't response still.

As you can see above, 4 days ago they made apology and said they will keep me/us informed. Nothing still.

Idk about you, but when I pay some services and support asks for some particular feedback (as the urls they asked from me) I expect them to come back to me and communicate, even if they still didn't fix it.

More than month of silence doesnt apper to me as good communication or good customer care.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katiekoberger says:

Loverdag - unedited -:

I see we last reached out on July 25th but haven’t heard back — I’ll send over an email again.

view photos

mcnod says:

Loverdag - unedited -:

Staff are attempting to communicate with you at the email address that is tied to your account. Be sure to check the spam folder for that email.

view photos

katiekoberger:

Thank you, I received your answer one hour ago.

The previous email I got from you was at June 22nd, so there was still one month delay (even if I got the email at July 25th you mentioned).

Also you write you do react on my posts here on forum - which makes me think if I would not post here, I would not get anything anymore after the June 22nd. So if you dont mind, I will still keep eye here in this thread for updates, looks like Forum works better. Thank you.

----
If anyone with same stats issue is wondering - there was no actuall info about the issue or its fix, they only say they are still looking into it, so there is no progress so far.

view photos

Adrian.Kissane says:

Same problem here for over a week .

view photos

Del Hoffman-Thx 30,750,000 Views says:

Flickr - Here we go again. Just lost over 150,000 views. Your only job is to post photos and count how many people look at them. Please fix my account.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mcnod says:

Del Hoffman:

Your only job is to post photos and count how many people look at them

You must be joking, right??

view photos

verona39 says:

What is going on??? I just lost over 10,000 views. The count is going backwards rather than forwards.
FLICKR STAFF, WHERE ARE YOU?? THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!
FIX IT AND GIVE US OUR VIEWS BACK!

view photos

Silanov says:

Same here, I have just lost almost 20,000 views overnight here in Europe. It would be great if Flickr would volunteer an explanation instead of pretending it never happened.

Why do we always face these losses of view counts at irregular intervalls and why does it seem to be so difficult to count the views correctly? It's just counting, isn't it? A rather simple counting algorithm shouldn't be always overchallenged by performing its function.
Silanov edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

photos BWdZ says:

@ STAFF: my total view count was 28 of July 499,054 and now 2 days later July 30 it has gone down to 496,894
strange: what happened here?
is this a general correction because of problems earlier this month?
photos BWdZ edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

J.Weyerhäuser says:

I lost 30000 View in one day ! What is going on here ?
Are we paying money for nothing - what is the staff doing !!

view photos

Nigel_O says:

I also lost a couple of thousand views overnight - I don't have a problem with this if the recorded views were false, but the inconsistency is becoming very irritating, especially for those members paying for the privilege of a Flickr account

It seems that views really is the Achille's heel for Flickr - I've lost count (sorry...) of the number of forum threads I've read about view count being awry

As an ex software product manager, I'm fairly sure that the code behind the scenes to count views is complex, but "code doesn't rust", so why are the same problems recurring?

view photos

annkelliott says:

Same thing here. Today, I suddenly lost around 99,500 views. The reason I noticed is that last night, I saw that my view counts had reached 44,000,000+ and I added it as a tag, just for my own info. Today, it said that I have 43,902,546 views. To me, it's not the number of views that is important, but that they are as accurate as possible and not messed up by something going wrong with Flickr. Weeks ago, my number of daily views suddenly dropped by about a third and have continued like that - others have said the same thing. Of course, we had those five or so days recently when views soared to ridiculous heights, ha.

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

I maintain a pro account for the stats which at best are a joke a long established company like Flickr should I would have thought have software that can reliably count. Sorry its a Fail I have lost thousands of views since yesterday.

Another reason for keeping a pro account is being able to have more than one thousand photo's, I have not heard of anyone with a free account who has had photo's deleted to get them down to a thousand.

view photos

yoyomaoz says:

Same here. Over night my view count suddenly dropped by 10,000. No reason given, no explanation. It seems inconceivable that view count can go into reverse in this way. It has also happened before. All my images are public and safe to view.

view photos

Bernie Kasper (6 million views) says:

Same here lost about 60000 overnight !!

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone,

I'd like to ask that we keep comments here focused to the issues surfaced around stats, so that we can easily tell who is experiencing these issues and might need assistance.

So far, we have not identified any site-wide issues that could be affecting views. We will need more information from affected members to investigate.

It sounds like people may be experience one of three issues regarding views. If you would like to report one of these issues on the forums, any of the following information you can provide upfront would be helpful:

1. View counts lower than normal — Please share a link to a photo previously uploaded that demonstrates the normal level of views you'd receive on a photo, as well as a link to a more recent photo where you are seeing a discrepancy.

2. Views stalling — Please share any screenshots with timestamps demonstrating the stalling.

3. Views decreasing — Screenshots with timestamps here would be helpful as well.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer not to share this level of detail publicly in the forums, you can always reach out support team here.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

kp-kp-kp:

Allegedly, support is already into my case, however to demonstrate.
My problem basically relate to your # 1 above. The stream is private, but I assume you can see these nonetheless

Here is a post before all this nastiness began
www.flickr.com/photos/seasons_of_trains/49992886496/in/da...

And here is one from yesterday, approaching 24 hours. normally it should be around 350 views at this point

www.flickr.com/photos/seasons_of_trains/50167324588/in/da...

While it may not yet have been "found", clearly there IS an issue, simply evidenced by the number of people on this thread, and by others of my acquaintance who are "suffering silently

view photos

jacquemart says:

Oh just lost over 45,000 views, wtf?

view photos

kp-kp-kp:

Additionally I would note that at times I see comments and or favs, yet no corresponding increase in view counts

view photos

verona39 says:

kp-kp-kp:

Views total decreasiing and stalling. Cannot take screenshots of something that has already changed. I wrote down the number of total views, and the next time I checked the numbers were lower. Also the total numbers remain the same while camera roll number increases.

view photos

Silanov says:

kp-kp-kp:

If I got you right, you are basically asking us to make a screenshot of our stats every day. How else could we be able to come up with a screenshot from yesterday in case such a loss happens on some day?

I am currently experiencing issue no. 3. But unfortunately I was not prepared for this bug, although is has already occured several times..Hence, I am sorry that I cannot come up with a yesterday's screenshot.

I also think that as paying users we can expect you to get to the bottom of things without asking us to deliver you screenshots of our yesterday's stats. I personally would feel completely foolish, if I would make a screenshot of my stats everyday before I go to bed. It would become a rather nasty habit, wouldn't it?

view photos

Viejito says:

Silanov:

I personally would feel completely foolish, if I would make a screenshot of my stats every day
It would not be foolish if it was important, and, judging from the posts above, it seems to be of utmost importance to quite a few people.

view photos

Silanov says:

Viejito:

The stats seem to be of some importance for many pro account holders. Unfortunately - judging by the bugged counting algorithm - Flickr doesn't attach as much importance to the stats as many of its pro members do. However, as the customer is always right, Flickr should also attach more importance to the stats.

A first step could be to establish a more stable and reliable counting algorithm instead of asking the users to make screenshots of the stats just to prove a bug that is already well known since quite some time, as it has occured occassionally before. Screenshots wouldn't be needed if the algorithm would just do the job it is supposed to do and count accurately, would they?

By the way, for me the stats are a key feature of my pro account and I personally like them. But not as much to make screenshots of them day by day.

No, they are definitely not my fetish.
Silanov edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Silanov:

Viejito:

Please try to keep discussion on topic.

Thanks to everyone who's shared more information. We're digging into these examples and will keep you posted on what we find.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

Suziecd/tv says:

yet again, happens every year without fail, on 23rd July i had 131 million views, logged on now to see it down to 130.9, not a great deal of difference but thats a week in fact without a single view and even less than when it started. Come on flickr. I reckon its hundreds of thousands gone missing

view photos

verona39 says:

In less than five minutes the total views count dropped more 1,000 views. This is FRUSTRATING. The problem was reported two weeks ago, and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE BY FLICKR. Is anyone there to work on this problem? Two weeks is ample time to figure out why 1 + 1 does not equal 0.
verona39 edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

littletinperson says:

seeing the same thing this evening. views dropped by about 1000 as compared to count before the day change at 8 pm EDT. first time i've noticed the behavior.
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

verona39 says:

Another 10,000 drop in views in the past 3 hours! There is constant relentless reduction - at this rate pretty soon I will have no views at all.
If this continues, I will ask for a refund. I paid them several years in advance to show my support, and I get nothing for it but frustration.

view photos

verona39 says:

kp-kp-kp:

So what did you find? This problem was reported two weeks ago. Meanwhile views are shrinking at accelerated rate. When do you think this problem will be fixed and VIEWS RESTORED? Anyone working on this?
Could someone from the staff let us know what's going on?
Thanks!
verona39 edited this topic 7 days ago.

view photos

47604 says:

20,000 views down thursday morning and now another 108,000 this morning.

view photos

Linda 2409 says:

This morning my total stats count is less than it was yesterday morning. I had plenty of views yesterday, how can the stats count go backwards?

view photos

egjj Jersey says:

My total historic stats are also down this morning. It appears that the views on 29 July have not been included in the totals?

view photos

jacquemart says:

My stats are diminishing by the day, 235,000 so far this morning.

view photos

Brian Dunning says:

While I have not suffered anywhere near the losses reported in this thread (so far!) nonetheless my total views are diminishing. When will Flickr get this sorted out? Not just the current problem but the relentless and continual issues of view counts going haywire? As someone mentioned above, a response would be good Flickr.

view photos

Nigel_O says:

I don't have very many views, at least compared with some members on here, but my total view count dropped another couple of thousand overnight, after the couple of thousand it dropped the night before.

view photos

I would never think I will start to make screenshots of my stats, but Flickr staff asked for it, so here we go:

July 30 3:54PM - total views: 20 630 328
gyazo.com/6f3a3679f2eb54007bdb7423a1975d90

July 31 9:53AM - total views: 20 625 602
gyazo.com/3fe1b5f3fdee283c3880d619d141f626

view photos

And the problem with lowered stats on newly uploaded pictures remains still too.

(I wonder how big % of my followers never saw them in their Activity Feed and how many pictures of people I follow were hidden for me ...)

view photos

dbrothier says:

Loverdag - unedited -:

I dont take daily screenshots, but I take note everyday and I also noticed the decrease in the total views

view photos

Yasu Torigoe says:

I take notes everyday and I found that I got normal levels of new views (20k) last two days, but the total counts went down. I don't understand this at all.

view photos

millicand79@gmail.com says:

Lost over 100,000 views overnight. What is happening.

view photos

SCOTTS WORLD says:

I want to know too, lost about 5,000 views in the last few days. What is going on?

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

verona39 and everyone else:

Thanks for your patience and for the additional information. We're continuing to pass these reports along to our engineers to look into. From preliminary investigations it does not appear related to the new feed that rolled out, which I know some members had questions about.

We'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

Multielvi says:

I am making a guess here. Last month there was a two or three day period when members view counts went through the roof. Daily views were many times higher than normal. Perhaps this decrease in total views is the result of a correction made in response to that problem. I have no evidence of this, but it is a possibility.

view photos

Multielvi:

Perhaps this decrease in total views is the result of a correction made in response to that problem. I have no evidence of this, but it is a possibility.

If Flcikr would make correction of previous mistake, they would do that intentionaly = they would know whats happening. But they are asking us to help them to track the issue = they don't know whats happening and why.

Hard to beleive the previous issue would fix itself out of the blue without Flickr staff doing that intentionaly.

view photos

verona39 says:

Multielvi:

My views did not go through the roof at any time, but that does prevent them from going down. If it were a correction, it would happen one time - not continuous substantial reductions that do not seem to make any sense.
verona39 edited this topic 7 days ago.

view photos

Multielvi says:

Loverdag - unedited -:

There are actually two separate issues being discussed in this thread. The main thread concerns a drop in daily view count. The second issue is a loss of total views. There was a separate thread for the second issue, but for some reason staff closed that thread and redirected to this one.

My comment was in response to the second one. Here is the original thread for that one.

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157714899494657/

view photos

Multielvi:

I'm not sure what do you mean. I'm aware about the month old issue and my post was about it. If Flcikr would decide to fix it now (month after the issue happened) they would do it intentionaly and they would let us know - and thats not happening here obviously.

view photos

trafalgar45682 says:

So few complaints. Is it because only a few people like myself affected or that there is little confidence it will be rectified ?

view photos

John Frattura says:

trafalgar45682:

So few complaints. Is it because only a few people like myself affected or that there is little confidence it will be rectified ?
Not everyone keeps track of their numbers, so I think a lot of people don't care.

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

John Frattura:

Not everyone keeps track of their numbers, so I think a lot of people don't care.

Or it could they just can't be bothered anymore.

So if you play the guessing game one is as good as another

view photos

dahlstet says:

I'm not sure it matters but my grand total of views at the end of 31 July was just over 5 million. I don't remember the exact number. Now after a couple of hundred views the total has dropped to considerably less by about 3 thousand or so. I thought computers were really good at numbers but even I can see that something is amiss and I was never a math whiz. How can something as simple as totaling views be screwed up?
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jschumacher says:

dahlstet:

How can something as simple as totaling views be screwed up?

Probably because totaling views is not as simple as it appears to be.

view photos

Boblovel says:

How come 20,000 views have bee taken off my total views from two days ago.

view photos

Linda 2409 says:

My stats total view count is going backwards!!! After losing loads yesterday I've lost even more today. All the views I've had over the past week or so are now meaningless. Are they going to be reinstated?

view photos

Nigel_O says:

I have a feeling that the reduced total view count is not an error, but a "correction". Some members may remember some time ago that views counts were being doubled, or even trebled in some cases. If this has happened again, the excess views might have been removed.

If true, this would at least explain why total view counts are falling, but it would still warrant an explanation from Flickr

Regardless, Stats appears to be thoroughly fubar'd and given that many people see Stats as one of the primary reasons for subscribing to Pro, I think Flickr is playing a dangerous game by not throwing everything they have at fixing the issue for good.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 249 replies in [Investigating] View counts stalling... Again & Again &Again)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads