Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 2 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 8 months ago

Current Discussion

Can not sign in to existing account
Latest: 21 minutes ago
cannot delete comments and other people photos
Latest: 3 hours ago
Flickr, I was charge twice a short while ago for my Pro subscription
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Sorry, we don’t recognize this URL.
Latest: 5 hours ago
[Resolved] Groups: pending photos: broken link
Latest: 5 hours ago
Deleting group invites
Latest: 10 hours ago
Faved photos not showing up in that user's list of Faves?
Latest: 12 hours ago
No stats to be seen, Is my #MyFlickrYear legit?
Latest: 12 hours ago
Uploader adds literal comment "binary comment" to every photo
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Investigating] Has flickr disappeared from Google?
Latest: 14 hours ago
Posting photos that appear in Flickr gallery "Comments"
Latest: 16 hours ago
How to view a Slideshow on Flickr after Adobe Flash is officially depreciated?
Latest: 17 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

If you have an idea that can help us improve how Flickr works, share it with us here. If you can, please provide details about how this idea would improve the experience for you and other Flickr members.

I’ll be monitoring this thread and sharing your feedback with the rest of the team. Please be respectful of everyone’s ideas and keep our forum guidelines in mind when posting.

Thank you!
Posted at 8:21AM, 15 June 2020 PST ( permalink | reply )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 7 months ago.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next →
(601 to 683 of 683 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
view photos

spelio says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

and then one which DOES include a PayPal option please

That would be nice!
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

spelio says:

geogblog2:

However, on that flyout the maximum number of favorites reported for a photo is 49.

I have wondered what was going on here!

view photos

spelio says:

Can't delete a post!
spelio edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Pictures from the Ghost Garden says:

Our business (in the UK) accepts credit and debit cards via Stripe and also accepts PayPal. They are separate processes but not mutually exclusive. Have Flickr actually confirmed whether no longer offering PayPal was their own choice or whether It was PayPay who withdrew from the agreement?

I certainly agree that losing a popular payment option is problematic for members, whatever the reason.

view photos

Pictures from the Ghost Garden says:

Our business (in the UK) accepts credit and debit cards via Stripe and also accepts PayPal. They are separate processes but not mutually exclusive. Have Flickr actually confirmed whether no longer offering PayPal was their own choice or whether It was PayPay who withdrew from the agreement?

I certainly agree that losing a popular payment option is problematic for members, whatever the reason.

view photos

petersrockypics says:

HBarrison:

There is an app for "Roku" enabled TV's, I use a Hisense tv with built-in "Roku" in the UK.

view photos

petersrockypics says:

It would be great if We could have more flexibility in the sizes of pics that We display, and to whom, in addition to Friends or Family, perhaps a Guest tier, and the ability to dictate not only which pics were visible, but also the ability to set the size of the photo's displayed for each tier.
petersrockypics edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Bill Rosmus says:

I'm seeing more spam accounts trying to follow me than I have in quite awhile. Yes I block them, but an automated solution seems simple, so why make me suffer with the annoyance? . They all seem to have the same signature: following a shit ton of people, and they have no public photos, and their account is relatively new, certainly less than two months, and often less than a week. I work on software projects. So I'm absolutely sure you could could create some automation to look for these and either send them for further moderation and deletion, or just zap them (the former seems more prudent). Maybe even note IP addresses so that you can notify ISPs (if ISPs will do anything... isn't spam illegal?). This seems like a relatively easy approach, and it would reduce annoyances to your customers.

view photos

HBarrison says:

petersrockypics:
That requires additional hardware - Samsung has a Roku icon within its Smart TV Hub but that requires streaming Roku content; Roku does not support Flickr. I am suggesting a Flicker ICON that is dedicated to streaming Flickr content. Flickr has been focused on phone apps and I believe many of our fellow members would like to sit on a comfortable club chair in their family room enjoying the photos with friends and family.

view photos

~Jany~ says:

cabb88:

I would love to see a memory function, I feel like once my pictures pass the first two three pages they get forgotten. But if there would be a function where I get to scroll through: "On this day 1...2....3....4 years ago etc.". I would get to go back through my entire collection of images over a years time.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

315Edith says:

It would be nice if a 'Like' or thumb's up icon would also be added in the comments.

view photos

Max@2019 says:

cabb88:

Monthly prizes for "normal" users, which could consist on "Flickr Pro account one/two years free". Could be done in a "Flikr contest group" in wich everybody (not PRO) could share their best photos (one or two per user) with not restrictive license. Then,...30 days later, the picture wich obtain more likes (5 stars) will be the winner (for two years Pro account),...and the picture which obtain more likes (4 stars) from total...user will get One Year Pro Account.

view photos

Max@2019 says:

Max@2019:

By this way, Flickr could give 12 PRO accounts for 2 years for free and 12 PRO accounts for 1 year. If 10,000 users (not PRO) participate, and of these, 10% pay a Flikr account after participating, the business is served. A special group of PROs can be opened to try to get their account renewed for one year free of charge, with the votes of the other users, using the same voting system: 5 and 4 stars.

view photos

viasngwn says:

cabb88:

making tagging image more easy and time saving

Usually we add keywords or tags in each and every image.

sometimes we can add keyword or tags to more images also.

in all these cases we have to type the keyword or tags.

i have an idea to reduce time and effort required to enter keywords or tags. it will help in managing large photo databases more easily.

1. Give a separate section of keywords or tags in each user account.

2. In this section, user can add all the keywords he/she is going to use for keywords or tagging the image. user can edit this list anytime.

3. now, the user can go to the image and here we can provide a drop down menu to select the keyword for this image. user can select as many keywords as he needs for this image, from the drop down menu.

OR

the user can go to the image and here we can provide a CheckBox menu to select the keyword for this image, in this menu user can tick the keywords or tags relevant for that image.
then user can save it.

if user still need to add manual entry that can be done, in parallel to it.

for large scale photo databases this is the best way to improve our services and reduce time and effort for each customer.

this way each user can add the keywords or tags instead of typing them again and again in each image.

1. CheckBox menu takes least effort and save a lot of time.

2. drop down menu takes little more time as we choose keywords from vertical list again and again.

3. selecting the keyword takes less time than typing the keyword.

view photos

ap0013 says:

I'd like to be able to schedule pictures to publish at a later time. I like to post a few at a time so I have fresh content every day, but doing so takes away from shooting time. If I could sit down in one evening and plan out all of the content I have for a few weeks time... I'd probably both upload more and shoot more!

view photos

Igor Klajo says:

Hello.

As a group admin, I came across a few issues that bug me.

As anyone can invite people to a group a lot of spam/unwanted (content not related to the group ) photos show up in the gallery, it would be nice to have at least a list of people that got invited to a group. In the "Manage Members" have a "Invited by others" tab ans list all people who got an invitation to the group, date and who sent out the invitation.

Also would be nice to have in the group settings an "Exif data required" checkbox.

Thanks.

view photos

Bungle_bus says:

cabb88:

Hi, I haven't read through six months of replies, but one of my biggest frustrations is editing the contents of albums. Only being able to drag and drop one image at a time is a very tedious process, I would like to be able to select multiple images in the album and drag them or delete them as required, like I can when adding images to the album in the first place.
Thanks
Rich

view photos

Bungle_bus says:

Bungle_bus:

Also to add, when using the app it would be really nice to have the scroll bar at the side of the main photostream available within albums too. Some of my albums are pretty large and when I need to find a picture near the bottom it takes a long time to flick all the way down there. In the main photostream I can use the scrollbar on the right to jump down months or years at a time

view photos

Shook Photos says:

Two wants:

1. Payment by PayPal
2. Lifetime subscription offer

view photos

Linda DV says:

Instead of the 30/ 60 rule why not implement a maximum number of groups per day a photo can be posted in. That way people could send their pictures to an unlimited number of groups over a longer period of time. That would makea lot more sense.

view photos

hn. says:

My wishes:

- allow to form blocks of groups so that i can post a pic to many groups in one click (still missing Multi-Group Sender add-on)
- let me stop people from interacting with my profile (incl. faving/commenting) based on their metadata (auto-block them or stop them with another mode). For instance, i'd love to prohibit the following people from interaction with my profile: people who follow more than x members; people who fave more than x pics per minute; people with less than x photos in photostream; people with web-adress or social-media-address or commercial message or prophanity in screenname; people who comment with award graphics and/or copy-pasted generic blurb
- on the Activity page, let me show the last 2 hours, 3, hours, 4 hours, not just the last 1 hour, then the last 8 hours, the last day
- make blocking someone much faster, it's a dumb clickathon now
- remove "Give Pro" from profile banners, it's awkward to say the least
- let me show my Flickr albums on WordPress *easily* and smartly without programmers' chops
- let me subscribe to forum threads industry-standard-style

Been here since 2005, always "Pro". For Flickr, pm me if you need clarification.

view photos

VMiles_22 says:

A simple, humble request:
Create a mechanism or process for a moderator of a group to assume the authority of an administrator when the "original" administrator has been inactive on Flickr for several years... like, 7 years...

view photos

hn. says:

One more wish:

Allow me deep filtering of my pics like: Show all my pics that
- have more than x views AND
- are in less than x groups AND
- with/without keyword x

view photos

heldersimao says:

Please show the Galleries some love:
- make them searchable
- include them in the app.

view photos

John R Dowell says:

I belong to a small group of photographers who haven't been able to get out for expeditions together lately because of Covid, so we've been setting each other a weekly challenge and getting together on Zoom each week to talk about each others' pics. We have created a couple of groups to post the challenge pics, but it would be useful if we could split the challenges into albums to make it easier to separate and display them.
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

raddinski says:

Please slow the slideshow speed ... Please

Or give the option to set your own speed.

This is done in other applications, and it used to exist on flickr several years ago. It's not new technology, is my point, and, a point of which I'm sure that you are aware and don't need me to tell you. :)

Please

view photos

OzGFK says:

Hi Flickr, why have you reduced the group discussions list from 5 to 3 on the flickr homepage sidebar? Decreasing the links decreases engagement in discussions, which is what Flickr has been sorely lacking over the last ten years.

EDIT - I see this has been fixed and is now showing 6 threads on the sidebar. Thanks.
OzGFK edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

spelio:

I just click on the inviter icon and there they are!

The "inviter icon" points to the group, not to the person/account inviting.

Neither the Flickr notification (dropdown from topbar) nor notifications in emails has any link to person/account inviting. Only links to the group.
(Just got a spam-invite again today, so have thoroughly checked both).

PS. I'm on desktop. Don't know how it looks on mobile.

PPS. Flickr could also consider disallowing adding links to sites outside Flickr in group-invites. That would decrease their value for spammers.

view photos

adamstiffuk says:

App improvements.....

1) ability to easily bulk remove pictures from auto uploads and re assign to folders in bulk

2) easier way to delete picture, not have to go into each one, click i and click delete.

3) a way to export pictures including tags, when I export I lose all tags

4) tick boxes and way to add tags without having to go into each picture. It's cumbersome

view photos

Chris Jeff says:

2 I'd like to see....

1) The ability to sort photos in groups date taken asc, dsc...

2) The ability to remove all tags in one go

view photos

♥☆◦°˚ミ(~ ‿ 〜)彡ノ˚°◦♥ says:

Hi. I've been a paying subscriber of Flickr for a few years (from well before it changed company ownership). I have an AppleTV 4th Generation device from which I used to use various Flickr albums as screensavers for my AppleTV device. For me, it was mostly the whole point of having a Flickr account to display and enjoy screensavers from my Flickr albums (because AppleTV’s built-in photo screensaver remains buggy as all hell).
For the last several years, the Flickr app for AppleTV hadn't been updated. It seems when you go to look at your albums and scroll through your photos on your account on your AppleTV device, the AppleTV Flickr app will load your Flickr albums (showing thumbnail photo previews), but then when in full-screen mode, it won't fully load the photos within your albums itself beyond the thumbnail previews of your album. When you enter into your album and try to scroll through your photos, the Flickr app will only load some photos - and as you’re trying to scroll through your pics, the screen goes black while in full screen mode. So to recap, the screensaver functionality doesn't work — and you've got a glitch with photos not entirely loading in full screen mode from user-created albums. I've already tried resetting the device, and deleting and reinstalling the Flickr AppleTV app to see if that would fix it, but it didn't. This Flickr app used to work fine. I could display full screen pics from my albums and scroll through them one by one. Now if I click on an image to make it full screen, I can click to load a picture, and it shows the next picture, but any clicks to show more photos in full screen mode after that result in a blank screen. I can't get past the maximum of two pictures before a blank screen appears.
Since Flickr had been taken over by a new owner quite some time ago, these folks had promised paying Flickr subscribers that they’d be updating their AppleTV software app to fix these glitches, but they’ve yet to do so. Many complaints to Flickr keep going ignored on user forums about it. Why? Not sure that I want to continue being a paying customer hoping that Flickr will get around to this, so I'm writing to ask when we can expect a glitch-free update? Thanks.

view photos

ywjong says:

cabb88:

I think Flickr desperately needs a function to rearrange albums in alphabetical order. Most people who subscribe to Pro will have many, at least hundreds of albums and it can be quite a hassle to rearrange the albums manually. By allowing albums to be arranged alphabetically, you are doing a great service to people who appreciate flickr enough to subscribe to Pro.

view photos

suzanne† says:

The ability to share albums and/or single original/high res photos with family and friends, who do not have nor want a Flickr account, to easily download themselves..

(again) *without the need to sign up for the free Flickr account* just to grab my photos 🙄

I might even be tempted to Pro-up again if that were implemented.

view photos

jamiegaquinn says:

Fix the banner photo slipping!! It's only been 6 years!!!!

Yes there are workarounds when dealing with your own profile, but as a group admin, who likes to change the banner photos every week or so, I'm fed up of finding a photo that i think suits the panorama shape, only for it to not stay put and I have to choose another, and then another, and then another......

view photos

Travis Estell says:

It would be great if moderators of groups had the ability to invite photos to be added to the group. Currently only admins have the ability to invite photos.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

seanrobertson02 says:

Allow shared photos to Facebook etc to be able to be downloaded by non users. At this point it’s pointless to share, because number one the individual doesn’t wanna be forced to create a account and second make it look better. Sharing via Facebook is awful when the user clicks on a phone to view the Flickr photo.

view photos

seanrobertson02 says:

view photos

Impatience_1 (Bonne Année / Happy New Year) says:

Among my favorites, I would like to have the possibility of getting another member's photos contained in my own favorites ...

view photos

OzGFK says:

suzanne†:

This can be done already. I share private family photo albums with my extended family and they are able to view and download images without having a flickr account.

view photos

angie galbraith photography says:

cabb88:

Hi How do I change the configuration of my photos public view? Can I drag and drop or will I need to upload all over again?

view photos

chrisholtphotos says:

I would like to have more power over the front presentation and have my groups, albums etc as hidden if I choose.

view photos

Kaometet says:

Revise (the working of) "Explore"..

view photos

seanrobertson02 says:

dropusalinebaby:

Good luck mate. I made a discussion about similar issues and they deleted it. Flickr doesn’t do anything new they just try to fix issues.

view photos

OzGFK says:

angie galbraith photography:

You cannot change the order of your photostream. You can sort by date uploaded or date taken. If you want to customise how people see your photos you can create albums and then rearrange manually.

If you don't want to create albums, then you can change the date uploaded date on the photo page, and sort by date uploaded to get the arrangement you want.

view photos

OzGFK says:

seanrobertson02:

Users are not forced to create a flickr account to view or download photos. Yahoo introduced that when they bought flickr, but that was rolled back some years ago.

If you share via facebook it will only embed a link in facebook, so if users click on it they will be taken to the flickr page.

I share many albums to non flickr users and they have no issue viewing, or downloading the images.

view photos

mcnod says:

dropusalinebaby:

Why would a newcomer to the site consider upgrading when they are just browsing their first photos? They won't return.

Thanks for reminding me about another reason it's nice to have a Pro account. First time visitors to flickr will not see ads between a Pro member's photo pages. They might not return to your "Free" photostream, but they will not encounter the ugly issue you describe if they visit my stream (or any Pro account stream).

view photos

PhilStubbington says:

cabb88:

It would be great if people who you gave access to (e.g. family) could view photographs by date - as a user I can obviously scroll through in date order, but other users can't.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

seanrobertson02, dropusalinebaby:

I don't think I have seen the other deleted discussion thread, but if you start by calling Flickr employees incompetent or something similar insulting or unconstructive, that probably doesn't help your thread/comments chance to stay.

But besides that I overall agree that Flickr could/should present itself much more attractive for potential new users. You can say current site looks more optimized to push existing users to be pro-users (And i deliberately use the word "push" instead of f.ex. "lure"), than to attract new users to Flickr. I just hope it is part of a plan. First push more existing users to be Pro, and then at some point change focus to go after new users. I cross my fingers...
Stig Nygaard edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

seanrobertson02 says:

Stig Nygaard:

Understood. For now on I will just contact flickr help with my issues.

OzGFK:

Ok I will help my family and friends if they have issues downloading a photo I share in the future.

view photos

Striderv says:

II have four suggestions for improvement of Flikr for members and viewers. In no particular order they are.

The first is when setting date taken I know the decade but not the year. I know i can use the "Circa" on the image but it would be more accurate if an option was created for "Sometime in the 1940's" or whatever decade is relevant. I try to keep my family albums chronological and that would be much easier with that option.

My second suggestion is about downloading Albums. As it is now, they come out when unzipped alphabetically. I spend time sorting them chronologically and would love the option to download the Albums in the sequence I have the showing in. Otherwise I would have to start each photo title by number or date and that takes away from the presentation.

My third suggestion is for Pro users to see what and how many of their images are downloaded in the daily stats. As it stands I have no idea if hundreds or thousands of downloads of my pictures have been downloaded.

My fourth suggestion has been made before but Collections need to be seen and promoted more. I have 600 Sets in 12 Collections. It certainly would be much more user friendly for viewers to look at the 12 collections to determine what interests them than having to go through 7 full pages of sets to see what I have.

Low priority I understand these would be but something for future upgrades.

Thank you for your time.

view photos

OzGFK says:

seanrobertson02:

Your non flickr friends may face issues if they use their mobile, as the embedded link may try to get them to open the flickr app, which would require a login. If they view on a laptop or desktop browser then they won't have any issues viewing public, or private albums. For private you will need to give them a link though.

view photos

suzanne† says:

OzGFK:

I didn't realize this had changed. I'll check it out.
Thanks!
suzanne† edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

bite-sized sheet says:

I find it frustrating that I cannot change my profile url. I didn't realize what I decided on a decade ago would be locked in now.

Can we look into the possibility of being able to change that? I have been a Pro member for a while and it feels like something that should be possible (with limits of course - not letting folks make changes once a month, but on an annual or biannual)

view photos

raumark_pfsoe says:

cabb88:

I am used to upload photo sets and set them to private. Then I set 1-3 pics to public on a daily basis. Unfortunately my followers are not notified when I do this.

So I would like to have a setting to set notifications for followers when privacy status of a pic is set from private to public.

view photos

Nick Sherman says:

You should really, really consider something like Uservoice to manage feature requests. Trying to find things in this forum feels like digging through a rats nest. Having every single feature suggestion in a single thread is complete chaos.

view photos

roobarb! says:

Offering a Flickr Pro Family subscription, or some means of having sub accounts to a primary one, in a similar way to what's possible through YouTube brand accounts. I'd find that very useful.

Oh, and an upgrade to these forums; perhaps just rolling this whole thing into Discourse. It feels a bit nineties in here and must be a nightmare to track.

And some way to mass update low resolution images! I used to upload awful resolution pics to my account and I'd love a way to throw my entire photo library into Flickr and for it to chew away in the background replacing the low resolution versions with the originals.

view photos

*Sharif* says:

Hi there. I would like to chime in to the chorus of voices for a reform of how Explore works. In its early days Flickr was revolutionary for not only allowing static albums bur introducing the photostream display feature. Nevertheless on a community level „explore“ and „all activity“ views are much too static. You should focus on a way to foster community functions.
1) explore: We need a view which constantly updates with the new best images throughout the day.
2) all activity: let us see not only images posted by the artists we follow but also images they have added to their favorites. At least give an option.
3) forum activity: we need a unified place where we can find the most active discussions. Everything is too dispersed and hidden in several group discussions. Also integrate the general (help) forum and the blog into the main page. Offer a threaded view.
4) iOS and Android apps should offer all functionsand views as the website (e.g. „about“ view for a photographer, functioning group discussion view, ...)
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )
*Sharif* edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Leeward Rail says:

Igor Klajo:

Agreed !

More granular control over access rights on every level would be nice.
For example:
- custom categories (not just Friends Family, Public, Private)
- more control over who follows you as you mention. On most other sites I set it so people cannot follow without authorization.

The iOS/Android apps, forum software, and main site user interface are horribly dated.

view photos

Leeward Rail says:

Nick Sherman:

Yup. This forum software, in general, needs to go. and something like UserVoice would help too.

view photos

Leeward Rail says:

The whole site is dated.

First steps I would do is lock and archive the old forums for future searching, and then start with a blank slate with something like Discourse.

Hard for the Flickr team and users to communicate with each other with this forum.

Then revamp the main site and apps.

Hard to attract new users with a very dated interface across the board.
Leeward Rail edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

spelio says:

spelio:

Has anyone, especially staff, tried the Flickr test on the server Farms recently?

www.flickr.com/help/test

All red from here in Australia!

view photos

spelio says:

Nick Sherman:
Trying to find things in this forum feels like digging through a rats nest.

Ctrl+F works OK if you know a key word! ie "rats"

view photos

mcnod says:

spelio:

Has anyone, especially staff, tried the Flickr test on the server Farms recently?

I'm not getting all red . . . I'm getting all blank except for the Global column. The entire global column gives me Phil In The Wild™.
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157708661766284/#reply7...

view photos

zharth says:

Can you implement a permanent dismissal of the "uploads will be locked soon" reminder? I got the message. I'm not about to forget. It's really annoying being repeatedly reminded in perpetuity every few days.

view photos

thegirlwholeftthefridgeopen says:

petersrockypics:

Yeah I kind of agree with this. The size resolution is the same for my personal family and strangers. And I fear strangers who come to a photographer's flickr site and download their high resolution photo and coin it as their own or share it as their own.

view photos

thegirlwholeftthefridgeopen says:

Yes, I would like to have a link to put on your account that links to your paypal, patreon, buymeacoffee

I would also like flickr mail available on my ipad app cause it is a good tool that I use with other photographers that I don't want the entire public to see.

Maybe have emoji options that could replace the 'favorite' button. Because I like to know why a person came to the picture and favorite it. Was it because it made them happy, sad, excited, amazed. Something like that helps to know your fans and online photographers

I have a couple more ideas, I will ponder about this more .

Thanks for doing this, to hear from the users' side of flickr.

view photos

Kaometet says:

A few years ago the amount of followers/following was not mentioned on Flickr.
Starting to do so wasn't progress.
Be brave : undo it.

view photos

aokelan says:

Now that Google's going to cap the free unlimited "high quality" photo upload in June, it's a great time for Flickr to improve the mobile experience and capture users looking to back up their photos. A lot of these users would then hopefully convert to paying members.

Personally I use both Google Photos and Flickrs (pro), and below are my wishlist for the iOS Flickr app:

1. Keep phone awake while upload is in progress - existing feature of Google Photos.
I always have the latest version of iOS and the Flickr app; have "background app refresh" option enabled for Flickr and interact with the app often, but it's just not realistic to play with my phone for 30 mins (after a photo trip for instance) or set my screen to be on all the time by default for privacy concerns.
2. Option to let users know which item(s) is/are preventing backup from completion
I have just over 8,000 photos and video in my iOS Camera Roll currently and despite having followed all the official Flickr instructions the backup process constantly gets stuck on a random number. I have tried logging out and back into the app as well as reinstalling it, my Fibre upload speed is around 80mbps and I don't have any photo over 10MB or video over 1GB in my Camera Roll. As a result I'm too afraid to free up space on my phone because I don't know without looking through every single photo and video to know what Flickr has backed up or not.
3. Ability to tag people based on facial recognition, thereby making search for photos with people easier/faster
4. Ability to "archive" photos/video to hide them from Camera Roll - existing feature of Google Photos

view photos

decembre says:

Improve Photo page:
Can we have more than 4 shot in the min thumbnail on the user info popup i Photo page.
It's too short to give an hover view of the user's works...

In the same idea, provide a mini thumbnail for each poll in the Polls listing.
And add a way to see the user's post in them
decembre edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Fun.with.Moroshka says:

Please improve the “block user” feature and make it more consistent with its name - blocked accounts should not be able to see the pictures from the account who blocked them!

view photos

Fun.with.Moroshka says:

Please add features to the Flickr mobile app so that more features of the internet browser Flickr application are available on the mobile platform.

view photos

Fun.with.Moroshka says:

please add more options for sorting the photostream pics. Currently you provide only “by date taken” and “by date uploaded”. There is not even the option to change order by ascending or descending.

view photos

Striderv says:

So this Pinned Official thread has over 600 replies so far.

How about an update from Flikr on what ideas they have taken into consideration and are looking at from this thread? No sense giving suggestions if no followup or feedback from Flikr on the variety of ideas shared here by Flikr users. I would love to know the top 25 ideas that the hard working Flikr team has gathered from here and the status of those ideas.
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

John Laughlin Photography says:

When adding multiple images to a group, it'd be nice if they didn't get randomly sorted. Been this way since at least 2013, and probably earlier.

With respect to the photostream options, there is the old-style "Edit" photostream. I know, it's old code, but, it does show more of each photo's description, and the photos aren't square format, instead showing the actual orientation and aspect ratio. So, maybe take that layout, then, add sets or collections in place of the third column, if desired. Just redo it with the modern code of the new "Edit" photostream.

Also, could we go back to referring to albums as photosets?
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Everett & Donna says:

Provide an option to hide or disable photostream view.

1) Simplify Camera roll, photostream, and organize page. They seem so redundant and confusing

2) Sharing private or public is also very difficult to navigate. Provide options to make all sharing options with a private setting.

3) Finally provide a public link, to view the public version of our sites. Viewing your public page will allow us to critique our own work. As well as provide a self to check, to make sure we didn't share the wrong photos.

These are my top three issues as a newbie to Flickr, previous user of SMUG MUG and Google. Intuitive, easy to use sites will pull in more users. Both marks missed, family and friends would walk away if we suggested it today. Less is more.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

modwyer78 says:

Can we have a like button or emoticon along with the fav button? Theres lots of photographs I like but don't necessarily need to add them to favourites
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

Everett & Donna:

Finally provide a public link, to view the public version of our sites. Viewing your public page will allow us to critique our own work. As well as provide a self to check, to make sure we didn't share the wrong photos

When looking on your own photostream, there are two dropdowns right above it. Choose "Public View" in the second dropdown.

view photos

mcnod says:

Stig Nygaard:

When looking on your own photostream, there are two dropdowns right above it. Choose "Public View" in the second dropdown.

True this applies to the "photostream", but it should be mentioned that it does not apply to Albums. Best current solution is to view your "site" is to use an un-signed in browser.

view photos

carlosdelriophoto.com says:

The iPadOS app is pretty useless except for the most basic stuff. No group management por admins, no access to mail... it’s been ten years so I guess we should have something good by now.
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

D@nnyR Photogr@phics (Sweeper Is Up and Running) says:

The "OLD VIEW" has just been removed. I do not like or want the "NEW VIEW." Please, Please, Please put back the button option to use the OLD VIEW. ~ Thank you ~
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ski 9 says:

It would be great if Admins had the option to send a FlickrMail to all (or select) group members at one time. This could help bolster group engagement and activity. Active groups, with engaged members, differentiate Flickr from other photo streaming services. Unfortunately, many of them are dying on the vine.
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

timtrautmann says:

Here are a few things that I'm interested in seeing added and updated on Flickr:

- SmugMug Pro Users should be able to link to their Flickr accounts.
- Enable selling of print products for SmugMug Pro users.
- Allow me to sell usage licenses right through Flickr.
- Improve Explore algorithm so that I don't have to see a constant stream of birds and oversaturated landscapes.
- Include images from the Commons on Explore
- Bring collections back in a meaningful way.
- Update all the old pages with modern HTML. For example, Flickr Mail is not very up-to-date.
- Update the geolocation database. A lot of places close to political boundaries are being tagged wrong.
- Add more information architecture in form of an ontology to groups so that there is a meaningful way to browse groups.
- Update the camera database.
Posted 2 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

D@nnyR Photogr@phics (Sweeper Is Up and Running):

Hi there - we have not removed anything recently, so we'd love to dig in more to see what's happening. I'll send you a FlickrMail to get more details.
Posted 2 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next →
(601 to 683 of 683 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads