Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 20 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

eSoftTools NSF to PST converter software
Latest: 13 minutes ago
Exchange Server Database Recovery software
Latest: 15 minutes ago
Option to gift Flickr Pro on photo pages
Latest: 8 hours ago
Billing mistake (Yours)
Latest: 9 hours ago
Can I have a "Greece & Turkey master album" and post several albums of different areas in it?
Latest: 9 hours ago
Adding ones own photos to a gallery
Latest: 11 hours ago
my photo was changed by FLICKR MODERATION BOT
Latest: 11 hours ago
Albums order
Latest: 12 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Investigating] Notifications
Latest: 24 hours ago
My latest pictures aren't showing up in public search
Latest: 27 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

If you have an idea that can help us improve how Flickr works, share it with us here. If you can, please provide details about how this idea would improve the experience for you and other Flickr members.

I’ll be monitoring this thread and sharing your feedback with the rest of the team. Please be respectful of everyone’s ideas and keep our forum guidelines in mind when posting.

Thank you!
Posted at 8:21AM, 15 June 2020 PST ( permalink | reply )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 20 months ago.

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next →
(1301 to 1400 of 1387 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
view photos

Arutemu says:

For those of us with many favorites: Please, PLEASE, add a drop-down page navigation tool at the top of the Favorites page.

As it is now, I have to scroll through 100 slow-loading images, just to get to the bottom of the page, in order to move to the next page of my favorites. It is slow, cumbersome, irritating.

It would improve the experience if we could simply chose a specific page to view from among our Favorites. And it would help if it was at the top of the page.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Chris_Kern says:

Paid subscribers ("Pro" users) should be able to select a Photostream sort order for all other users who browse their flickr sites. In other words, this would permit subscribers to set the Photostream sort order to "date taken" for all viewers. (Currently, other users who are not logged in under their own accounts will always see flickr Photostreams sorted by "date uploaded.")

view photos

Jan 130 says:

tmattioni:

I use a laptop (not iPhone or iPad) and I agree entirely. The loss of Recent Activity is dreadful. My husband has recently had a heart attack, I'm trying to stay positive and manage step-up groups too. This loss of RA (used to be the best thing about Flickr) is inhumane. I am aware that no one will even read this, just saying. It's INHUMANE - it's cruel.

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Jan 130:

Hey, Jan - we are reading and I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope that he's on the road to recovery and that you are also able to take time for yourself.

At this point, we are focused on improving the Notifications Center and Settings so that they can best serve everyone. With this in mind, if you have specific ideas to improve it, you can share them here or you can write directly to our Support Heroes team (www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).

Thank you,
Carol

view photos

cynical.cloud says:

cabb88:

I'd love to see the ability to organize groups into user defined categories, not all groups I'm in will accept all photos and it can be tedious trying to remember what each group allows and doesn't allow, for people who are in a large number of mixed groups I really think this would make life a whole lot easier :)

Oh, and Happy Holidays everybody!

view photos

Halliwell_Michael ## keep smiling ## says:

I missed the old Recents pages they were in order and you could easily and quickly react to comments and Faves on your own Photostream, I was willing to use the new system no matter how inconvenient it is but I is now so slow - having to wait sometimes half a minute for the page to refresh and now when you scroll down your list of Favourites on each image that is now stopping at the bottom of each 'page' - the first time you scroll - so slow to get to the last item ..... please go back or sort out these problems it is no longer User Friendly - I pay for the privilege of sitting waiting for the screens to change - I am seriously thinking of leaving Flickr as it is not the community I originally joined in 2007.

view photos

Halliwell_Michael ## keep smiling ## says:

And now the Favourites have disappeared from view on our images ....
for goodness sake get a grip and organise yourselves.....

Disgusted

view photos

Claudia Renee Baker says:

Recent Activity notifications was the absolute best thing about flickr .I have not read one positive response to removing it . Does flickr management really believe that account holders are going to review all their photo's on a daily basis to check to see if anyone has left a comment or a like ? The way I figure it the bottom line crowd in management is exploring new ways to increase profits over the interests of the consumer. Not the first time they've done this either.. Remember their cap on storage and the number of photo's you could have if you didn't upgrade to Pro ? Yep , same stuff , different day from flickr. Sorry , just keeping things in the reality over here for everyone. Happy Holidays people !

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Halliwell_Michael ## keep smiling ##:

And now the Favourites have disappeared from view on our images

At first glance it sounds like it may be a lingering/temporary symptom of the AWS outage that affected us.

status.flickr.net/

Sending over an email to get some additional details around what you're experiencing!

view photos

Bob_Wall, Photon Capture Engineer says:

Something that would be nice to see; on the Stats Page, Content Breakdown section - All of our pictures that are in Explore.

view photos

RonnieLMills 9 Million Views. Thank You All :) says:

Bob_Wall, Photon Capture Engineer:

Have you tried bighugelabs.com ? One of the tabs is Flickr DNA which gives among other things, all your photos in Explore with dates and positions :)

view photos

johnb/Derbys/UK says:

Sort the notifacations out its sooooo slow.

view photos

Images George Rex says:

deleted
Images George Rex edited this topic 5 weeks ago.

view photos

txmx 2 says:

New notifications page : not good:

multiple listings of the same image (in the old activities all informations were summed up into one listing),

total number of views not shown (in the old activities it was),

comments often not shown directly (one extra click), or not shown at all

focus on members - (right side) - and not on photos - (left side). Should be swapped.

The settings ( gearwheel symbol) should have some explanations on the terms used.
Also you can have
"Group notifications
We’ll notify you about new discussions, admin blasts, changes to rules, and descriptions, and status of your pending photos"
only all together on or off . This should be individually selectable.

and some more I forgot.

This is actually wrong:

Sample:

a column says " X and Y commented on your photo : "blahblah/whatever"
Whilst X actually commented so, Y actually left a completely different comment.

view photos

Franks Photos! says:

How about a Flickr Mail tab or option on Mobile App?

view photos

Viejito says:

Bob_Wall, Photon Capture Engineer:

All of our pictures that are in Explore.
Scout shows your 36 photos that have been in Explore — unless Christmas or April 1 try to flatter you...

view photos

Laz Rojas says:

I have an idea. Bring back the old Recent Activity page. Sorry, but this new Notifications page is the worst. Biggest step backward I've ever seen on a website. It doesn't provide most of the information that the old page did, and what it does provide is not intuitive. In a word, it sucks.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

view photos

frscspd says:

I too miss the Recent Activities page --- it was more complete and more flexible. The new Notifications arrangement wasn't a great idea.

view photos

Robert R Grove 2 says:

Happy new year !
Robert R Grove 2 edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

spelio says:

cynical.cloud:

tedious trying to remember what each group allows and doesn't allow,

I now see rejections of posts in the new Notifications, which is good, BUT it would be handy to see a NOTE on a Group saying restrictions as we scroll through the list of Landscape Groups for example to see a restriction

if we could sort into a user category, that could help.

view photos

spelio says:

Laz Rojas:

Bring back the old Recent Activity page

And they took months to roll it out....

view photos

Jackie XLY says:

Halliwell_Michael ## keep smiling ##:

Agreed. I prefer the original format of being able to see "Recent Activity" as well as seeing, at a glance, my most viewed yesterday. etc/
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Jackie XLY says:

Yes, very much miss the "recent activity", as well as being able to look at "most viewed yesterday" as being able to access "most favourites"/"most viewed of all time" etc

view photos

littletinperson says:

please bring recent activity back.

notification center is okay for a 50,000-ft perspective, but terrible for managing interactions with photos in my photostream, responses to comments i've made on other's work, etc., particularly if i am absent from the site for a few days. notifications center is practically unusable in the current implementation.

it's hard to imagine that anyone at flickr thinks notifications center and recent activity are anywhere close to equivalent.

view photos

Lincs L&P says:

So someone has made 25 images as favourites but I can only see 12 of them so I have no idea what the other 13 are. With the old system I could see each and every one that had been made favourite. Please re-instate the old system until you have the new one working properly. Thank you.

view photos

phil anker says:

Here`s an idea. Make Notifications as fast to load, feature rich and efficient to use as Recent Activity.

view photos

Jeffxyz says:

why can we not access flickr mail on the android app?

view photos

amazingstoker says:

Put 'Notifications' back to the photo-centric view 'Recent Activity' used to have, the more I use 'Notifications' the less I like it.

view photos

amazingstoker says:

amazingstoker edited this topic 4 weeks ago.

view photos

authenticb4 says:

cabb88:

Yes, please improve the upload VIDEO part. It's frustrating and no one can upload videos effectively, at least I can't. It takes hours and housrs then it time out then I have Pegasus so this make my life 100 times worse and so I end up spending a day uploading one video. There needs to be a quicker way to upload videos and multiple at the same time. It's a painful process.

view photos

mrd1xjr says:

Flickr is so awful....slow unreliable and frustrating!
Bring back 'Recent Activity' dropdown....your new system DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

view photos

erichudson78 says:

Please, bring back "Recent Activity". "Notifications" doesn't give the same information, is difficult to use and doesn't work properly

view photos

Streets.and.Portraits says:

Rather than banning users who complain about Notifications, at least keep this site up and running.

view photos

woordenaar says:

I have an idea: make this site work. It's so annoying slow that it takes ages to view some photo's.

view photos

RonnieLMills 9 Million Views. Thank You All :) says:

Click Flickr, endure endless spinning balls....then up comes one line of activity, click Refresh, more spinning balls and then more Activity appears. Sometimes at the bottom I get "Load More" and sometimes I don't. Then I look at the bottom of the page and it says "Smugmug+Flickr. Connecting people through photography" and that gets a wry smile as well. I would always say "It takes a strong person to admit they're wrong" Is it not time to admit you were wrong and bring back the Recent Activity we all knew and loved?

view photos

erichudson78 says:

Flickr is getting boring and painful. Long response times, I cannot upload groups, notifications. Always the little balls that turn ...

view photos

"Ellen" says:

Since you stopped posts to notifications HELP... I'm commenting here about the NEW Notifications app within FLICKR.

It is excruciating slow to download anything inside that notification page or from the bell. I have gone out and inquired speed test about my connection to the internet just to see if my internet connection was slow or having problems! NO, it isn't. All is as it should be and notifications are so slowwwwwwwwwwwww.. as a melting ice cycle at -20 degrees!

What good is all those notifications in the same menu if you can't waste your time waiting for it to load? You should make sure YOU have enough bandwidth before implementing something so HUGE.

view photos

BITH* says:

I must sound like a stuck record. However, whilst both Recent Notifications and Notifications were running side by side, many people including myself flagged up our observations that the new Notifications system was vastly inferior for various reasons...no need to repeat them yet again as they are well known.

Now that we are several weeks down the line from Recent Activity being closed down, it is abundantly clear that any improvements made to Notifications have not really helped that much if at all. The whole system remains incredibly slow to load. It is unpredictable as to how far back you can easily read. It is tedious having to load each image to read all the comments and see who has left any faves etc etc.

So here again is a serious suggestion that has sadly been made by many people, many times before without any success. If you can't see that Notifications isn't working for so many users, at least bite the bullet and run Recent Activity and Notifications side-by-side. It would make everybody's activity on flickr so much easier and better including that of the staff. .
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Wendy: says:

new arrangement of groups and albums on image page--slows all entering down.... and I concur that the new notification system is vastly inferior to the previous Recent Activity!! Please consider reverting to old systems

view photos

catoledo says:

catoledo edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

catoledo says:

Bring back the option to use the old standard version.
The now old Beta version leaves no room for larger text in descriptions of discussions and uses large amounts of screen for names, # of replies and dates that could be reduced for clarity

Allow to edit configuration of notifications to get rid of input I am not interested in such as all comments in all groups I belong to
Keeping it simple as to comments and invites if that is my cup of tea would be awesome
Bring back the old Recent Activity as an option. I barely use the New one with the overload of useless information

view photos

janetfo747 ~ choose to be kind says:

Recent Activity is so much better then the Notification page. More photos and that is what flickr is about, or am i wrong? Activity is so easy to spring from and Admire photos and read the comments about your photos and others. It was what made flickr stand apart for the other photo groups.

Thanks JanO

view photos

Helena de Riquer says:

Hi, team!

It would be very good if when you open the new notifications center, the photos of the other users were identified (title and author) when you put the mouse pointer over them.

When someone responds to a photo that I have commented on a long time ago, sometimes, I do not remember what photo it is or who the author is.

I hope they take it into account.
Thanks a lot and a happy New Year!

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

BITH*:

janetfo747 ~ back but slow:

So sad. RA used to be my entry point to Flickr.

It is now so tedious to grasp the picture of activities.

view photos

backroadsgalleries says:

When uploading photos from my iPhone, it is very common that not all the photos I select upload. Sometimes I will select 8 photos, but only 7 upload. Sometimes I will select 4 photos, but only 2 upload. Sometimes I will select 10 photos and all 10 upload. Sometimes I select one photo and it doesn't upload and sometimes it does upload. Sometimes the screen flashes after I select share and sometimes it doesn't. But there does not seem to be a pattern between it flashing or not and what % of the selected photos successfully upload. It is very inconsistent.

This is the method I use: I go to Photos on my iPhone, then select one or more photos, then click the up arrow, then select Flickr.

Is there something I can do so it consistently uploads ALL the photos I select?

view photos

amazingstoker says:

In 'Recent Activity'f if I looked at a comment and it was a reply to another comment I could see the original comment and understand the context of the reply as RA was photo centric. Now in 'Notifications' I have to click through to the photo so see the comment being replied to, to understand the context, OK that's a hassle, but when I go back to Notifications the list highlighing has gone so I no longer know which are the new notifications since my last read, which is a PITA particularly if there were a lot of unread notifications.

Notifications needs to remember the list status when you click through to see the context of a reply and then return. Or better still just make it photo-centric rather than time line based.

(Yes I could CTRL+click to keep the original Notifications window available, but I don't always remember the CTRL.)

view photos

John Laughlin Photography says:

Another idea, re: the Notifications page - move it to the You menu, where the old RA link was. Less clutter at the top of every page, plus it'd be where everyone looked for their recent activity/notifications before the bell appeared.

view photos

StevenM_61 says:

Explore should be only for photographs taken by the photographer who is the holder of the account the photo is in. Photographs the poster admits was not taken by them or are beyond a certain age should not be eligible for Explore.

view photos

Franks Photos! says:

Notifications should have a 'preference' of how many days to read back, such as week, month, year, etc.

view photos

Kaometet says:

An account for the old price for people who don't need Flickr for it's unlimited storage (like film users). Of course to be paid with PayPal.

view photos

Nick Sherman says:

Please implement a proper feedback system like Uservoice. The fact that all feature requests are posted to a single thread is astonishingly absurd. There's a good chance I've posted a similar request before in this thread but – because everything is in one thread – I would have to click through every single page and search manually to see.

view photos

Nick Sherman says:

Please allow an option to set a default sorting order for individual albums. I prefer to keep most of my albums with the most recent items at the top, but in order to do so I have to re-order my albums every time I add anything to them.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Nick Sherman:

Please implement a proper feedback system like Uservoice.

Flickr did use Uservoice at one time.
It was a worthless exercise. It was too obviously easy for members' complaints, suggestions and comments to be ignored without any response whatsoever from Flickr, and members were all too aware of this.
At least the Help Forum is on Flickr, where it should be, and members have a hope of finding their posts and quote them, even if Flickr largely ignores them all the same.

view photos

sissybarbie1066 says:

Please could you make it easier to find the last page of another users favourites. The page list at the bottom of each page varies, for some users it lists the number of the last page, for others it does not for some reason. Can we not have a Last icon or ALWAYS list the highest page number? Maybe a First icon too for symmetry. I currently have to type a large guess into the URL at the top of the window and then do a binary chop to find the last page which contains the oldest photos, those which best express the likes and dislikes of that user.

It would also be useful to have the page selector at the top of the page as well as at the bottom but that is less important to me.

I hope this has not already been requested but I do not have the time to search 14 pages of change requests, especially as there seems to be no ordering or categorisation of requests to make it easier to find out.

view photos

phil anker says:

Nick Sherman:

It is annoying that we cannot change the default as there are many options under the arrange tab in Albums eg oldest first, newest first etc. In fact at present there is seven different options for sorting the album. But no option to set a default action.
I like you regularly have to go through my albums and sort the order so the latest upload sits at the top of the album, only for the order to be lost when the next upload is added.
I have also asked for this to be implemented in a previous what would you like to see improvements to Flickr thread, as have many others.

view photos

hayling billy says:

cabb88:

I have been taking photos at a place called Gemünden since 2007. When I search Gemünden, none of mine appear any more, only those of people I follow. For example, a photo I described as RTS 221.105 Gemünden 14 Feb 2012 won't appear if I look for Gemünden, but if I look for 221.105 it appears. And Gemünden is not the only description not showing up. What's going on?

view photos

hayling billy says:

Another thing I find occurs recently. When I upload digital photos from way back, they stick in my Photostream, plus they get to my Camera Roll. Is this your substitute for Recent Activity.
Instead of improving Flickr, you are denuding it of vital services.
It's not the Flickr I moved to any more.
Do you really listen to your users?
Thanks.

view photos

Hobbyknipsel says:

hayling billy:

Gemünden, none of mine appear any more, only those of people I follow. For example, a photo I described as RTS 221.105 Gemünden 14 Feb 2012 won't appear if I look for Gemünden, but if I look for 221.105 it appears

Flickr search can't really handle the ü, a mutated vowel = Umlaut

Search for "Gemuenden" instead shows the 221.105 image and 98 other of your images.

view photos

hayling billy says:

cabb88:

Hi again
I wrote about not finding any of my photos labelled Gemünden.
Now I find that the majority of photos shot at my home base Frankfurt-Süd, some 8000 also cannot be searched. Neither search nor Organize.
But if I search for Frankfurt it brings up all Frankfurt photos INCLUDING Frankfurt-Süd.
This is a mockery of a search engine!
Please explain why Frankfurt-Süd does not work for me - it always did in the past. If you have changed things so that mutated symbols can no longer be handled, why wasn't it announced anywhere? In some countries there is no plausible equivalent, Finland for example, it is part and parcel of nthe language.
. Hobbyknipsel:
hayling billy edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

Hobbyknipsel says:

hayling billy:

Finland for example, it is part and parcel of nthe language.

Enter "search" at the help forum search
www.flickr.com/search/forum/?lang=en-us&q=search
There are 36612 topics about the search mysteries,
Nordic special characters included.

The nordic Ø, German Ö both are in Englisch sorted as OE/oe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98

view photos

Paul Saad says:

i used Flickr for couple of years and the worst problem is the commenting system in groups that you cannot comment more than 7 comments in a group and you have to wait a minute before start commenting again.

if not a pro account can we see our stats?

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Paul Saad:

if not a pro account can we see our stats?

No. Stats are a 'Pro' thing, and have been for as long as I can remember.

view photos

yukonchris says:

cabb88:

A couple ideas.

First, I know it's done by everyone, but how about just adding a "heart" button for comments? It's so easy, simple, and looking at the camera finder, it would appear that more and more users are interacting via mobile phones anyway, so it's sort of a "no-brainer."

which leads me to the next one...

Second, This is one that interests me personally, because I like history, and how things change over time--why not do a feature page where you develop some sort of animated graphic showing how the top ten cameras have changed on a month by month basis over time since Flickr began? If it proves popular, you could perhaps add lenses to that list. By extension, maybe manufacturers could even be encouraged to get involved with links to their respective on-line museums, or shops (revenue potential there, possibly).

That's it for now.

view photos

fl3xphoto says:

cabb88:

So… this thread now has almost 1400 replies across 14 pages. It doesn’t seem like a good way for users to make feature requests/suggestions considering the comments will get lost.

Why not use something like UserVoice(dot)com to allow us to submit requests, bugs, etc and allow the users of the platform to vote of them in order to show you what is highest priority for us?

view photos

fl3xphoto says:

And I guess while I’m here I’ll make a feature request (it was originally meant to be a bug report until I realized that this isn’t actually implemented).

Please add the DOWNLOAD button to individual photos on the mobile site. I can’t for the life of me understand why or how true decision to only show it on the desktop site could have come about.

I upload photos to albums and then share that album with friends / teammates / strangers who are in those photos, I would like for them to be able to simply download the full resolution file on their mobile browser.

It’s idiotic to expect me to ask every single person to install the Flickr app on their phone just to download a photo one time.

I also shouldn’t have to write a document explaining how to request the desktop site on their mobile device considering how many different mobile browsers and OSs there are.

It makes zero sense to me.

If the download icon link works by requesting the desktop on a mobile browser then why can the download icon not be added to the mobile site next to the share icon?

I’m a developer so if you guys need help coding this let me know, I don’t mind helping.

view photos

Donkey Hot-tea says:

yukonchris:

"First, I know it's done by everyone, but how about just adding a "heart" button for comments?"

NO! Please! Let's not have hearts - or any other such symbols.

It's bad enough having these damned group icons and other abominations left in 'comments'.

What we don't need is people shoving hearts here, there, and everywhere, instead of taking the time to leave proper, meaningful comments. If people can't be bothered to write a few words, then don't bother to leave anything at all.

Before long the English language will be replaced by just a string of irritating, gormless symbols.

view photos

hopeless128 says:

an easy and quick way to fix gps coordinates of existing photos. would prefer to just update coordinates and not dropping into maps etc

view photos

hijab.view says:

Donkey Hot-tea:

totally agree
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Lincs L&P says:

Re-deploy those who got rid of the recent activity section to coffee making since they really cannot be trusted with playing with computers. The new notifications is so slow and to be honest doesn't work at all well. Rather hit and miss as well as to whether you actually see what the recent notifications actually are. No doubt a flick of a switch got rid of the system that worked very well, so flick it again and give us back what we had, and until this new system works properly out it on hold. Think that is what many others have said but you delete those comments from the users who are affected by what has happened.

No doubt a comment that will be deleted but it is an idea that many would appreciate.

Many thanks.

view photos

MONUDET says:

CZ: Bylo by možné diskusní příspěvky či komentáře podporovat např. "palcem". Nebylo by nutné nějaký příspěvek, který považuji za důležitý třeba replikovat, ale stačilo by jednoduše jeho význam zdůraznit svým hlasem.
Robot Translator: It would be possible to support discussion posts or comments with, for example, a "thumb". It would not be necessary to replicate a post that I consider important, but it would simply be enough to emphasize its importance with your voice.
MONUDET edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Simaron says:

Lincs L&P:

totally agree

view photos

Postcards from Canada says:

A way to flag groups that you've left would be handy - there are a great many groups and unfortunately far too many are poorly administered; I'd just as soon not re-join a dysfunctional group that I've gone to the trouble of forgetting about.

view photos

vanityclear says:

Please let us *permanently* hide *more than one* user from searches. It is extremely tedious that people have been asking for this for well over a decade now, and you still haven't done it. Why not incorporate this into the block feature? Why would I want to see a blocked person's photos anyway?
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Jan.Timmons says:

Please start a *Do Not Explore My Photo* list. Early swimming competition and other reasons make wanting to do well and not wanting the algorithm to chose my work completely mess with my brain. It’s just an algorithm, but this makes my jaw ache every few weeks ;-)

If not a list, could you just remove my two accounts from the algorithm finding me?

PS. Thanks for the Flickr Help Support hero contacting me and fixing my jaw clenching.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )
Jan.Timmons edited this topic 7 days ago.

view photos

Jan 130 says:

There is no excitement or motivation surveying my photos anymore, now that Recent Activity has gone. I'm sorry to say this, but now, Flickr is almost 'work' for me and for many other group admins. I have so many good friends on this site and that's the only reason I stay. A lot of other things in life... some pressing. Whoever decided to remove Recent Activity doesn't understand how we think and feel. Please, please bring it back. Many thanks in advance (hopefully).
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Tony / Guy@Fawkes says:

Jan 130:

I agree entirely and have not 'spoken' to anyone who would disagree !!

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

Jan 130:

I lost much interest in Flickr. My participation has much slowed down. It is very time consuming without Recent Activities.

With the NB we jump many hoops and yet we still miss necessary definitive certainty. - unlike RA. It is not just slow.

view photos

Franks Photos! says:

We know how we can manually alphabetize our Albums, but few people do. If it was automatic, you could easier find a topic or photo under peoples' photos who didn't bother. Some people make a new album for every 5 photos, so looking for a particular Topic or Album could be a nightmare. I think others would agree.

view photos

ernstkers says:

Franks Photos!:

If it was automatic

What do you mean with this?
a - Everybody's albums should be automatically sorted alphabetically by Flickr? That would be a horrible thing. I want my albums sorted in the way I do it with the organizr. And that's not alphabetical.
b - A feature that people can sort their own albums alphabetically with one click? Nice for who wants it, but if I look to the albums of other people, I don't expect many people to use it. I wouldn't.
c - Something else? If so: ....

view photos

ShellyS says:

Franks Photos!:

We know how we can manually alphabetize our Albums, but few people do. If it was automatic, you could easier find a topic or photo under peoples' photos who didn't bother.

My album titles make sense to me but not to anyone else. I have also on occasion, changed the title of albums. If you were looking for photos of NYC, my alphabetized albums won't help if you looked for New York City or NYC because they're titled for the borough (county), so all 5 counties would be spread apart, not grouped together the way they are now with my manual ordering by theme.

So, giving people the option to automatically alphabetize their albums is fine, but not forced upon everyone. I'd have to put prefixes on my albums and keep renaming them as I add albums. What an annoyance that would be.

view photos

Julie W | The Simple Veganista says:

Can you please improve upon the text editing?

I'm trying to add text with background to show individual ingredients, but the text is not centered correctly no matter what I do. It looks fine until I pop out of the editing and then the text moves up so it's not centered.

The only text that is centered is the Aleo (and only with lowercase and not using letters with height l, h, t,), but I want to use another font - Amatic SC.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate having these features!
Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )
Julie W | The Simple Veganista edited this topic 4 days ago.

view photos

amazingstoker says:

Give 'Notifications' a photo-centric option in addition to the time-line view, the photo-centric view worked really well in 'Recent Activity', the time-line view in 'Notifications' just doesn't work if you're trying to follow activity on your images.

Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

WalrusTexas says:

I’d like to have a switch to see Notifications for Groups I Admin first, before opening the other tab. Not such a big deal, but it would be nice.

Otherwise, pretty happy with the New Notifications page. A little slow sometimes, but so useful I access the full-page version with a desktop shortcut, as my main entry point for Flickr.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

emersunn says:

A couple of ideas:

The ability to sort you own photos by camera would be very helpful.

A prominent "Public/Private" button on each photo page to switch quickly between the two.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

emersunn:

A prominent "Public/Private" button on each photo page to switch quickly between the two.

That only takes two clicks now, and the link to do so is already pretty obvious.

view photos

Thomas James Caldwell says:

a "Recent Activity" page would be awesome

Please listen to your subscribers
Posted 29 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

C.Syl20 says:

I think you should have to improve focus on the social network, to create more interaction between members. Introduce something like IG Story for example, or an activity/news feed, status and so on

Improve the Inbox also, which is so old... And not include is the app (what a shame !).

A new feature which could be interesting and usefull. A "You should like" function. To explore the "look like" other pictures. like Google image makes

I love Flickr, I want more life in it. Make it great again ;)
Posted 20 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next →
(1301 to 1400 of 1387 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads