Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Updates to the Flickr Android App
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Official Thread] An update on Flickr search
Latest: 16 hours ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Official Thread] A new home for your events
Latest: 6 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Flickr modifying exif data when displaying
Latest: 2 hours ago
I am unable to renew my PRO account in the account page
Latest: 3 hours ago
Sensor Dust
Smugmug terms for photowalk group photos be careful
"Invalid email or password"
Latest: 8 hours ago
What’s the deal with moderated groups?
Latest: 13 hours ago
Batch moving images between albums.
Latest: 16 hours ago
cover photo
Latest: 18 hours ago
There was an error: flickr.collections.createIcon #4
Latest: 29 hours ago
Safe search is always moderate
Latest: 32 hours ago
Photo in maximum number of groups
Latest: 32 hours ago
Group stats photography counter going nuts
Latest: 33 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Stats on Mobile Removed

Flickr Staff

itsnihir says:

Hey everyone-

We wanted to let you know that we’re going to need to temporarily remove the stats feature from our iOS and Android mobile apps while we work on other important updates and improvements to the apps. We’ve recently hired additional Android and iOS engineers and they’re already diving in, fixing bugs and building features.

Why is stats being removed from the apps? Usage of the feature has been low since launch, and the way it is built is incompatible with Flickr’s new login system that we’re in the process of rolling out. We’ll re-build stats in a way that better meets members’ needs on mobile and that works with the new login.

We estimate that the work to bring back stats will take a few months, but in the meantime, stats are still available to Pro members here -- and this link works on any browser, including on your mobile device.
Posted at 1:06PM, 4 April 2019 PST ( permalink )
itsnihir (staff) edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

kmacgray says:

The bit about low usage is interesting, it seems like many people live and die by stats on Flickr. Hm. Thanks for the update.
Posted 8 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

chrisgj6 says:

It was definitely poorly implemented. Slow, difficult to access and limited in functionality. Glad you’re committed to getting it right.

view photos

jschumacher says:

itsnihir:
Stats aren't the only thing missing from the iOS app (v4.11.1). I downloaded the app this evening and it gives a black screen for my contact's photos, a white screen for both search and recent activity, and on the "me" screen it alternately either says I should upload photos, shows the most recent upload as a week ago, or shows gray squares where the photos should be. This is an iPhone XR running iOS 12.2.

view photos

kmacgray says:

jschumacher:

I'm seeing the same symptoms on an iPad Air 2 running iOS 12.1.4. Flickr app 4.11.1. Lots of blank screens.

view photos

jschumacher says:

kmacgray:

Good to know I'm not alone! I sent a message to support as well.

view photos

Buddha's Ghost says:

kmacgray:

it seems like many people live and die by stats on Flickr.

We can only assume that the majority of those using stats are doing so from real computer browsers, rather than what is apparently a problematic and poorly implemented app.

view photos

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

Thanks for pointing out these issues. We didn't see this during testing but we'll get to the bottom of it ASAP. The team has already been investigating this evening and will continue until they understand what's happening.

view photos

asiegler says:

jschumacher:

Same issue here

view photos

jschumacher says:

adstads:

Thanks for investigating! One other thing that I noticed this morning is that I get notifications, at least the red dot on the icon and the blue dot within the app, but a blank screen when I tap the bell.

view photos

Leo Kramp says:

Lot’s of issue’s since the removal.
On my iPad pictures didn’t show, so removed app and reinstalled, since then flickr isn’t listed in the notification settings of iOS, so reinstalled again but that didn’t solve the issue. So no notifications anymore.
Just noted that on the app i cannot add my picture in albums. Photo not found it says. Can add to groups though.
More or less same thing on my iPhone. But there I decided to log off and on again. That brought back the pictures, but for the rest same issues.
Everything works fine from a browser like safari, so must be the app that broke. Hoping for a quick fix.

view photos

Leo Kramp says:

E

view photos

micael18 says:

itsnihir:

Perhaps, you should add "[Official Thread]" to the topic-headline?

view photos

Flickr Staff

itsnihir says:

micael18:

Thanks-done :)

view photos

albireo 2006 says:

itsnihir:

My iOS app is not working on my iPhone SE running iOS 12.2

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone, if you're seeing black screens or blank images in the app following the latest app update, try logging out and logging back in. It seems to have resolved the issue for most folks.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

jschumacher says:

kp-kp-kp:

Logging out and logging back in did the trick. Thanks!

view photos

Nikki Gloom says:

itsnihir:

cant upload longer videos timed out retry is all i get.... any ideas???? i have PRO so i am allowed 10 minutes yeh? ..

view photos

Thunderstormnightmare says:

When I upload my pictures on Flickr it show what kind of camera or phone I used to take the pictures but when I edited my picture to make it better it goes way and all I get it is exif and where it taken it doesn’t tell what kind of camera or phone I used

view photos

kmacgray says:

Nikki Gloom:

This thread isn't about videos. You want to the official video thread.

Tardis2711:

This thread isn't about EXIF data issues. I'm not sure how you chose this thread to leave your comment in, but it would be best to start your own topic.

view photos

albireo 2006 says:

kp-kp-kp:

It worked, thanks :)

view photos

albireo 2006 says:

kp-kp-kp:

It worked, thanks :)

view photos

Rami Khanna-Prade says:

adstads:

PRO account andd crap follow up from Flickr - if it's not the bloody website thats acting up then its the app and even both at the same time!!!! fed up!!!!

view photos

John Laughlin Photography says:

kp-kp-kp:

Looks like that works for a while. Did it last night with success. Gotta do it again this morning.

view photos

mikehaui60 says:

Tried to reinstall the app without success - login screen is also blank ...

view photos

Leo Kramp says:

Stopped working again. This time i get a “Oops! Flickr doesn't recognise the API key this application is trying to use.” Error message when i try to logon.
It this why i pay for pro membership? First months of performance issues and now this sh#t!

view photos

jschumacher says:

kp-kp-kp:

Update: logging out then back in was only a temporary fix. The search and me screens are once again blank, with the latter encouraging me to upload photos.

When I now log out/in I get the following text on a screen:

“Hi jschumacher!
Oops! Flickr doesn't recognise the API key this application is trying to use.
An external application has requested your login credentials and permission to perform certain actions on your behalf, but has failed to include all the required data.

You don't really need to know what this means, except that you can't use the application until this problem is fixed. (It's a third-party problem, not a Flickr problem.)

There are lots of applications using the Flickr API. If you are curious about this, visit the Flickr Services page to see more examples of cool stuff. Otherwise, you might like to head to your home page...

What's going on here?
Flickr encourages other developers to build cool tools for you to play with, but you must authorize these third parties to access your account.
Want to know more?
A wealth of information lies within the Flickr Services page.”

The greeting tells me that I’m actually logged in, but dismissing that screen just brings me back to the “get started” page that wants me to log in again.

view photos

Meme Doc PHD says:

Looks like some people are getting the API problem eh? It's bugging me since yesterday

view photos

Bobbie dazzler says:

I’m having the api key problem too. Deleted and reinstalled app and reset phone. Still the same

view photos

AndrewTheArtist says:

Everything’s working great for me.
AndrewTheArtist edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

MissionPhotography says:

I tried deleting the app, rebooting my iPhone running iOS 12.2 and signing back in but that didn't work.

My iPad Mini 4 running iOS12.2 Flickr app is running perfectly so it must have something to do with the iPhone app

Days after paying $49, twice the amount from previous years....

view photos

Leo Kramp says:

MissionPhotography:

Nope als not working on an iPad Pro running the latest iOS version.

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

I haven't updated the app on my iPhone and the stats are still working fine

EDIT:- posted from my iPad.
Mike Slade. edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

dolly21749 says:

adstads:

I can’t get into my Flickr account at all on my iPad. Something about an API issue. As a pro member, I am now paying twice as much for my account and I can’t use it. PLEASE FIX IT! Thank you.

view photos

mikehaui60 says:

The App don't work anymore. Only blank screens are shown on any selection. It's a general issue on iOS devices since the last update of this app.

Re-installation don't help - you have to re-logg in but this screen left also blank!

view photos

jorgeverdasca says:

same issue here :(
API Key error
I can't use the flickr app :((

view photos

Sexxxy Vexxxy & Mr. C says:

It won’t even let me log in on my iPhone now ? I have to go to the desktop...

How do I fix that ?? Help Me

view photos

Sexxxy Vexxxy & Mr. C says:

itsnihir:

I get Flickr does not recognize my API key... wtf ??? I have no idea how to fix this ... can you please explain!!

Thanks

view photos

Michael Beresin says:

Same issues here

view photos

seeit_snapit says:

itsnihir:

My iOS app isn't working since last update.

I tried deleting and reinstalling it and now it says:
"Oops! Flickr doesn't recognize the API key this application is trying to use."

It also says, "You don't really need to know what this means except that you can't use the application until this problem is fixed. (It's a third-party problem, not a Flickr problem.)"

view photos

pecasbo says:

same problem here!

view photos

seeit_snapit says:

kp-kp-kp:
This didn't work for me. App still not working.

I tried deleting and reinstalling it and now it says:
"Oops! Flickr doesn't recognize the API key this application is trying to use."

view photos

Don Ferber says:

Never had issues accessing my account using the App until now. Sounds like maybe there’s been too much tinkering. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

view photos

Archi & Philou says:

Same issue for us !

view photos

jschumacher says:

Flickr is aware of the issue and will be releasing a fix soon. See the link to Twitter here: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157690761714083/#reply7...

Why Flickr chooses to announce this on Twitter but not their own website is a mystery, and another example of extremely clueless customer service.
jschumacher edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

ER's Eyes On a Break. I'll be back in January. Bes says:

I payed my fee. Where is the service?
SINCE March 3rd. Everyday is something.
It is horrible.

view photos

kmacgray says:

jschumacher:

Agreed. 🙁 Not only are staff responses here super infrequent, but when they do come, they are on another website.

(I think you mean "announce this on Twitter")

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

Announcing any news on twitter or whatever website is totally pants, it's not everyone that uses titter or face ache. I just don't get it.

view photos

Wavicle Works says:

This “transition period” seems to be planned and executed by people that have never worked on a live production system. LAME.

view photos

jschumacher says:

kmacgray:

I think you mean "announce this on Twitter"

Fixed!

view photos

jschumacher says:

Mike Slade.:

I have no problem with them making announcements and helping customers via social media but for goodness’ sake don’t do it there and ignore your customers on your own website. That, to me, is a total mystery.

view photos

bmwbikerbear says:

itsnihir:
App on IPhone still not working
Can log in online but can’t back up my pics. Any news on a fix?
Have downloaded from App Store again still can’t log in
Says there is an API key.

view photos

seeit_snapit says:

itsnihir, kp-kp-kp & adstads:

I can now get into my Flickr app but now it does not allow you to enable notifications.
- I touched the gear icon
- Enabled notifications
- received the message: Please enable notifications in your settings; you're almost there
- went to settings
- there is no way to enable notifications from within the Flickr app EITHER in the app itself (where the above message takes you) OR if you back out to SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS
- Flickr is not listed as an app in SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS
= no way to enable App notifications

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

seeit_snapit:

Can you share your device/OS information? If you're not comfortable sharing here, you can send us a message: help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ

view photos

seeit_snapit says:

kp-kp-kp:

iPhone XS iOS 12.2
Also some others in this thread reporting same issue:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707756026625/

view photos

joey172 says:

adstads:

Same thing here,....black screen and all pictures disappeared ,on iOS iPhone X.

view photos

joey172 says:

kp-kp-kp:

Hi , I logged out and logged back in ,and was able to access my account,
But all my pictures and favorites are gone!!!!!
What happened???? :(

view photos

Alexander_Newman says:

I am having similar problems as many of those who have reported above. I have been trying to upload photos to Flickr via Photos on the ipad (apparently there is a 12.2 update but neither device has flagged it yet).

When I go to select an album to upload on the ipad, I get a white screen with rthe revolving blue and red dots - and noth8ng else. Going back to the iOS upload screen,when I press upload, the porcess dies and nothing is uploaded.

I managed to upload the images on the phone instead, but then made the Terrible Mistake(TM) of updating the phone app - and now I am getting the same uselessness as on the ipad.

So it’s back to the imac.

What on earth is FlickrMug up to? It looks as though we are the mugs, or at least are being teeated as such by the New Owners.

Another unimpressed Pro user (since 2009) who is not at all happy at having his subscription costs doubled for appalling service.
Alexander_Newman edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

joey172:

Sounds like you may be logging in to the wrong account. Please contact us here and we'll be happy to take a look: help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Alex1N:

Can you confirm whether you've logged out of the app and logged back in? That seems to have resolved loading issues for most folks. If not, please contact us here with your device and OS and we'll be happy to take a look: help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ

view photos

~Craig~ says:

thanks

view photos

Leo Kramp says:

seeit_snapit:

Having exactly the same issue since this topic started. Now the update of the flickr app is available i was hoping that a reinstall of the app would solve it, but no.

Flickr is not listed as an app in SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS
= no way to enable App notifications

If freshly installed also the camera access and access to photo’s are not present as a setting. But that solves itself when saving your first picture when you are prompted with a message and are directed to the settings where all off a sudden the setting is there. Same for when you want to take a picture from the app. Also then the option to enable camera access is suddenly shown.
It is the badge with the number of new notification that I miss mostly

Running the latest version of the Flickr App on the latest version of iOS on an iPad Pro

view photos

seeit_snapit says:

Leo Kramp:

Hopefully kp-kp-kp and colleagues are working on fixing this bit of the app! Fingers crossed.

EDIT - I saw that they posted they are working on this particular issue in this thread: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707756026625/
seeit_snapit edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

Bruce Adler says:

Perhaps the reason for low usage was that the Stats feature worked maybe (and I'm being generous) one time out of ten attempts?
Just asking...

view photos

Alexander_Newman says:

kp-kp-kp:

Hello kp-kp-kp, logout/login failed to solve the iOS issue, and neither did installing the latest Flickr app update. I've sent a message via the link provided.

Aplogies for the name-change from Alex1N to Alexander_Newman without warning - I was updating some of my Flickr details, and decided to change that one as well.

Cheers,
Alex.
Alexander_Newman edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

maddpete says:

Manage accounts is missing as well, I can't swap between my accounts without signing out and back in again.

Deleted and reloaded Flickr on my Iphone

Pete

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

kp-kp-kp: Would logging out/in also resolve non-availability of the “Manage Accounts” link?
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707756026625/#reply7...

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

ashwani2310:

maddpete:

Sorry for the confusion. Going forward, if you want to switch between Flickr accounts, you'll need to sign out of the app and sign back in to the other account.

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

kp-kp-kp:

Thanks for the update. Though it needs to be mentioned that “Manage Accounts” was a very convenient way for multiple users to access Flickr through the App on the same phone.

It still works on the iPad.

view photos

simonov says:

kp-kp-kp:

Going forward, if you want to switch between Flickr accounts, you'll need to sign out of the app and sign back in to the other account.

How do we sign out of the Android app? I can't figure it out.

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

simonov:

You would probably need to access “Manage Accounts” through the three dots at the top right on your photostream screen on the Android App.

Last time I saw, “Manage Accounts” still works on the Android App.

view photos

kmacgray says:

ashwani2310:

All the Manage Accounts feature does is switch between accounts. It doesn't let you sign out.

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

kmacgray:

On the iPad, on which “Manage Accounts” still works, the “Preferences” pop-up presents the “Manage Accounts” band at the bottom. The “Manage Accounts” screen, accessed through the aforementioned “band”, lists the accounts signed into the App, with a green tick-mark indicating which account is presently accessing Flickr.

At the lower end, below the list of accounts, is a gear symbol also with the text “Manage Accounts”. When that is clicked, the accounts on the App are displayed with buttons, the currently functional account button being in the “On” position.

When that button is switched off, one gets signed out.

Now, on the iPhone, the “Manage Accounts” band has been replaced by a “Sign Out” band.

On Android, I saw, sometime ago, the “Manage Accounts” option was still in place. I’ll try to confirm if that presents an option for signing out.

{Edit: I checked. “Manage Accounts” on Android also leads to the gear symbol and then to the “On/Off” button against the account currently signed in. Switching it off would effect a signing out. I hope that helps}
ashwani2310 edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

jon_jenkins says:

Been getting blank screen on my iPhone XS for a few days. Have re-installed a couple of times. All I see is the Welcome screen, with "Get Started" at the bottom.

All I get from the "Get Started" button is a blank white screen with the X to close at top left, which takes me back to the Welcome screen.

There is no other menu, or option to log in.

view photos

kmacgray says:

ashwani2310:

At the lower end, below the list of accounts, is a gear symbol also with the text “Manage Accounts”. When that is clicked, the accounts on the App are displayed with buttons, the currently functional account button being in the “On” position. When that button is switched off, one gets signed out.

That is some really bad UI design right there. :(

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

kmacgray:

It certainly did take a bit of looking to find the sign-out options.

But as this discussion is about “Stats”, I think I’ll have to try and find a more appropriate “venue” for sharing views on the “Manage Accounts” issues with the iPhone App.

view photos

gridiron106 says:

The only thing of interest in the "improvements" offered under new Flickr. Up until now I have been unable to access them as I had what Flickr termed as an orphan account. Today I have changed to the new login only to find the stats are not currently available. Not looking good when my renewal is due, luckily I had just renewed for 2 years just before the take over so we will see how it goes.

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

itsnihir:

fixing bugs and building features

I would like to report that now my photos are not uploading from my iPhone to Flickr with the Flickr App.

When I open a photo on the phone in the Flickr App for sharing, I am presented with a privacy setting of "Public" which is not the same as the default setting in my account settings.

On tapping "share" after manually setting the privacy setting, I find photos from the phone do not get added to my photostream.

{Edit: The only way photos are getting uploaded to Flickr with the iPhone App is by first opening the App, then tapping on the camera icon and then selecting the photo in the phone Camera Roll presented in the App.

To clarify, one can’t now upload by selecting a photo on the phone and opening it in the Flickr App for uploading. That can still be done on the iPad}
ashwani2310 edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

HereIsTom says:

Why the hell Flickr has changed the layout of the stats page on tablets? 😡

view photos

Livia Lopez says:

itsnihir:

Please fix stats on my laptop. My stats are still frequently inaccurate about double or even triple the numbers.
Livia Lopez edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

BPhyper says:

The change to the web page stats, especially taking away the daily stats, was a step backward. I check my stats every day I like to see each and every picture that was viewed in a day. The change stinks

view photos

CA_Rotwang says:

I can't change directly between accounts anymore. I have an account on my own and i am helping a friend with his account...

And taking away the stats is also a letdown.

Thanks for making Flickr shittier once again.

view photos

sur.das16 says:

Flickr has changed the layout. now my photos are not uploading from my mobile. I make an HD wallpaper but it does not uploading.

view photos

HereIsTom says:

This is how it look on my iPad now; 😥

view photos

Krbo_sb says:

yesterday received latest Android version - while notifications were lost long ago on Android 8 (and never fixed) latest version removed even inside app notification - no more blue dot on a bell

wondering is there a reason to use separate apk instead of web access

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

sur.das16:

Please try using the camera icon on the App. I also couldn't upload by opening a photo on the phone and trying to open it in the Flickr App. This was possible previously.

But if the Flickr App is opened first and the camera icon is tapped on, then the photo on the phone can be selected and shared on Flickr.

view photos

Anyopenroad says:

kp-kp-kp:

The removal of the ‘manage accounts’ functionality of easy switching between accounts is a major reduction in the quality of my Flickr experience. I have three Pro accounts. I use all three all the time. Having to log out and in is a total PITA. Please, please bring this feature back.

view photos

cod_gabriel says:

The app is dead anyway since today. I only have "get started" (no sign in) and if I do, it takes me to the website. Other than stats, the editor wasn't working and sharing from gallery wasn't working. I had to share the photos from snapseed to get around that problem.

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

Anyopenroad:

major reduction in the quality of my Flickr experience.

I do think a lot of Flickr members would be inconvenienced by the absence of the "Manage Accounts" facilitation.

view photos

bowtieimagery says:

So whites going on with the IOS mobile app? No notifications, cannot load from phone any photos, only videos. Photos seem to get lost in the universe. This started three days ago. Running latest app. Would you mind fixing this?

view photos

Ayr Classic Motorcycle Club says:

ashwani2310:

Totally agree. A massive inconvenience not having the manage accounts switching option on Android. I have 3 pro accounts I need to access regularly. On my PC I need to have an account in 3 different browsers. Not great.

view photos

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

Anyopenroad:

The removal of the ‘manage accounts’ functionality of easy switching between accounts is a major reduction in the quality of my Flickr experience.

Ayr Classic Motorcycle Club:

Thanks, this is valuable feedback. The account switcher was part of the Yahoo login system and had to be removed as part of moving our systems away from Yahoo. It wasn't used by too many people, but that's obviously no help to you as two of the people who did use it. I'm sorry for that inconvenience.

I'd love it if you'd add this to the wishlist thread here: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157666189625037/

That's the best place to share feature suggestions as we will revisit that list frequently in prioritizing future projects.

view photos

knipserkatrin says:

I checked my stats daily in the app, because it is good to know which pictures are viewed and which not. If stats is removed from the app longer, I will delete it from my device, and probably use flickr less often.

view photos

martian cat says:

I check my stats on my iMac computer, iPhone, and iPad.

They just do not appear. The top internet link just doesn't open.

Why is this happening?

Also, I use my iPhone to view Flickr when I am away from my computer.

And, I use my iPhone quite often as it is in my handbag when I am not home.
martian cat edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

kmacgray says:

martian cat:

This thread is specifically discussing stats in the mobile app. Perhaps start with the usual browser troubleshooting steps to see if they help.

view photos

Filipino Naturist Couple (Read our profile) says:

My Getty image editor has stopped working in my android flickr app.. I pàid for the pro membership JUST FOR THAT AWESOME EDITOR and now that's now working at all.. WTH

view photos

kmacgray says:

Filipino Naturist Couple (Read our profile):

That has nothing at all to do with the subject of this thread, so I'm not sure how you chose this thread to post in. Best to start your own topic.

view photos

joecrowaz says:

mikehaui60:

I'm having the same issue. I tried to reinstall, and now can't get logged in.

view photos

Mark_Aviation says:

Stats was the main reason I bought pro. Will I be reimbursed for this?
Posted 7 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jschumacher says:

Mark_Aviation:

You still have access to the stats, just temporarily not via the app.
Posted 7 months ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads