Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Updates to the Flickr Android App
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Official Thread] An update on Flickr search
Latest: 16 hours ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Official Thread] A new home for your events
Latest: 6 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Flickr modifying exif data when displaying
Latest: 3 hours ago
I am unable to renew my PRO account in the account page
Latest: 3 hours ago
Sensor Dust
Latest: 4 hours ago
Smugmug terms for photowalk group photos be careful
Latest: 5 hours ago
"Invalid email or password"
Latest: 9 hours ago
What’s the deal with moderated groups?
Latest: 14 hours ago
Batch moving images between albums.
Latest: 17 hours ago
cover photo
Latest: 19 hours ago
There was an error: flickr.collections.createIcon #4
Latest: 29 hours ago
Safe search is always moderate
Latest: 33 hours ago
Photo in maximum number of groups
Group stats photography counter going nuts
More...

Search the Help Forum

Flickr App (iOs) Can't save a picture after editing

Vanupied says:

Hey,

I don't know if other people noticed it, but i kept having issues with Flickr App.

I'm editing pictures with flickr app on iPad and it seems all doing fine except that any changes to the pictures is saved.

Is it linked somehow to the changes going on with the migration ? Is it worth deleting and installing the Flickr app again ? Should I edit pictures using some other software until further notice ?

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome !
Posted at 12:47AM, 13 April 2019 PST ( permalink )

view photos

hn. says:

When editing a picture *on the computer* in the browser (not in iPad app), i *once* had the issue that the picture was lost. Instead of the edited photo i saw the message "picture not available". In one or two other cases, after editing i only saw a black photo page; refreshing the page then helped.
Posted 8 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Vanupied says:

I don't have issues editing pictures on a computer, only with Flick app on iPad.

When it works, editing with the app is very handy and quick, that's why i prefer using it.

view photos

LeeSternthal says:

Yes, having same issue. I get the sene there is a massive update going on with all sorts of bugs to be worked out.

view photos

St4uPs says:

same for me with iOS apps

view photos

pure_embers says:

I've been having the same problem for 2 days now, editing on iPhone app and when I press save it just reverts back to the original picture.
It's really annoying as the picture edits but won't save. I use this daily and it's always been ok until yesterday.

view photos

xroomie says:

Same herre. 14. April 2019

view photos

Thunderstormnightmare says:

I’m having the same problem here and some of my pictures are sideways when there are post to be right side up

view photos

xroomie says:

Still same problem here today, 18.april, 2019

view photos

xroomie says:

Any update or solution to this?

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the trouble here.

As part of our transition off of Yahoo's systems, and to protect the integrity of your photo files, we have temporarily disabled editing photos in the Android and iOS mobile apps. As a workaround, you can edit your photos on Flickr by logging in on a computer.

I'll update this thread once it's back online.

Best,
Katherine

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

kp-kp-kp:

temporarily disabled editing photos

If the link for editing is removed from the App or if it leads to a notice of disabling of editing with the Flickr App, it would save a lot of effort and time of Flickr members presently accessing the edit facility on their Apps, unaware that it is not functioning at present.

view photos

xroomie says:

kp-kp-kp:

Hey everyone,

As part of our transition off of Yahoo's systems, and to protect the integrity of your photo files, we have temporarily disabled editing photos in the Android and iOS mobile apps. As a workaround, you can edit your photos on Flickr by logging in on a computer.

Best,
Katherine

OK. Hope for a fast solutionlll

view photos

BAGman Studio says:

If I edit an image using the flickr app the picture disappears. Today I used my own editing software to edit an image that I had already posted. When I replace the mage with the new edit it also disappeared. Joseph

view photos

Pete's Transport says:

May 8th 2019 and still unable to edit photo’s on my iPad,.How much longer is it going to take Flickr to sort this problem out.I trust they will be making an allowance for this problem when they next request payment for their pro service.

Petee19
Posted 7 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Monica Forss says:

same here

view photos

kmacgray says:

Pete's Transport:

How much longer is it going to take Flickr to sort this problem out.

It's not a matter of a problem needing to be sorted. The feature has been intentionally and temporarily disabled as explained by staff above.

view photos

Quistian says:

kp-kp-kp:

Ok... I've experienced this effect as well. Any update on when editing may be turned back on again?

view photos

jschumacher says:

Quistian:

I’m not staff, so this is just a guess, but the edit function probably won’t return until after May 22nd: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157708487154094/

view photos

kmacgray says:

This blog post refers only to certain features of the app, but the whole app may remain shaky until June or later:

The website and mobile apps will provide alternative functionality while the Camera Roll is unavailable; things will look a little different, but you will still be able to access all your photos. On the mobile apps, you will be able to see your notifications after opening the app, but may not receive the notification pushed to your device. If you like, you may visit this link to turn on additional email notifications until push notification service is restored. We’ll be working hard to bring these features back online as fast as possible, but they may remain unavailable for a month or more.

blog.flickr.net/en/2019/05/08/planned-maintenance-and-fli...

view photos

outlier.babe says:

kp-kp-kp:

This is one of the most obnoxious bullsh*t statements I've ever come across. First, that you have zero regard for your now-paying clients and don't deign to notify us. Next. your classist assumption that all members have access to another device. Until recently, I didn't, and the one I do have has a sporadicly-working keyboard. (And don't you dare say, as monied people do to the non-, "You can always use a computer at the library.")

Flickr exhibited an Eff You attitude here, and I'm feeling it right back atcha.

view photos

kiwirat says:

outlier.babe:

Flickr exhibited an Eff You attitude here, and I'm feeling it right back atcha.

wow........

view photos

Tsar-Bomba says:

S/he's not wrong. We were railroaded into paying to use Flickr. The least they could do is prioritize this fix.

view photos

Pete's Transport says:

kmacgray:

Yes it is a problem to me, and many other people.

view photos

Krusty Krab says:

I have just requested a refund for the months that the edit function has been disabled. You just can’t charge $50 a year and not tell your customers that they cannot edit a photo on an iOS and/or Android devices. It’s deception pure and simple.

view photos

james_luie86 says:

hi all.
who knows the update about this issue?
i think the transfer of flickr was done,right?

view photos

Pete's Transport says:

Still can’t edit photos on my iPad, how much longer before problem is fixed.

view photos

xleo9x says:

kp-kp-kp:

It has been well over a month since the mobile editors have been disabled. When will they work again?

view photos

siansleep says:

Problem is still happening to me.

view photos

Pete's Transport says:

Flickr, how much longer is the problem of not being able to edit photos on an iPad going to go on, it really is not right that you are taking so long to correct this issue.I hope you will be giving pro members some sort of compensation for the inconvenience you are causing members for a service we are paying for and not receiving.
Posted 6 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

switcheroo2015 says:

Still happening to me too and I also can’t delete any photos on the app (using iPhone).

view photos

wkeller2000 says:

I am having the same issue. I do a quick edit on the APP and press save. Looks like it is working but then reverts to the original picture before editing. As a Pro user I feel some compensation is required. They should not be able to charge people for something that does not work.

view photos

Kristian Ohlsson says:

kp-kp-kp:

This is 2 months ago? Whats happening??

Hey everyone,

Best,
Katherine
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

colerumschlag says:

Any updates or timeframe for the App editor to be up and running? still waiting

view photos

tezlin1 says:

kp-kp-kp:

Great if you have a PC I only have my iPad 😡 will you refund our money that we have had to pay to continue using Flickr I suspect not. I really feel we are being ripped off. Please sort this out it’s been going on now for at least 3 months
Posted 5 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

Kristian Ohlsson:

This is 2 months ago? Whats happening??

Writing code is tricky.

Writing secure code even more so. I'd rather they took time and care.

view photos

Pete's Transport says:

FLICKR, HOW MUCH LONGER MUST WE WAIT FOR EDITING ON AN iPad TO BE RESUMED, YOU REALLY ARE LETTING EVERYONE DOWN, AT LEAST GIVE US SOME WEEKLY UPDATE, OR ARE YOU JUST NOT BOTHERED.PLEASE DONT REPLY WITH HOW TO EDIT ON A DESTOP ANYMORE MANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT TO BE ANLE TO USE OUR iPads ETC.

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

Pete's Transport:

Typing in ALL CAPS definitely helps.

view photos

wildhareuk says:

Pete's Transport:

You could edit before you upload whilst you wait. There are plenty of free apps (probably better) available to do it.

view photos

Space Tomato says:

This is still disabled I take it?

view photos

StantonD says:

Just spent some time editing photos in the iOS app, many attempts then had to search for this thread, thought I was going mad.

If you can’t get the functionality working, then why not just remove the option until it does work, just stupid when a simple fix could relieve so much frustration.

It has been known about for months and nothing done. Unforgivable I am afraid.

view photos

op68_1999 says:

Still can't edit my Flickr photos - on m pc or iPhone. Very obnoxious!!!

view photos

wildhareuk says:

StantonD:

op68_1999:

Why don't you just read this: help.flickr.com/en_us/important-planned-downtime-may-22nd...

Very strange use of the word obnoxious!

view photos

Laurence's Pictures says:

It is now early August. It seems that there is no change in status for the edit functionality on iPhone or android. It would be very much appreciated if Flickr could give an update as to when this problem will be solved. Don’t give us the same answer as above.

As a Flickr subscriber I feel I have been cheated out of my money. The transition away from Yahoo has been very problematic. The key features that I enjoyed in the app have been disabled broken or never fixed.
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

wildhareuk says:

Laurence's Pictures:

Just bear in mind that it is Smugmug or nothing. Flickr would, most likely, not be here now if the purchase had not been made. Of course the transition has been problematic, probably far worse than anticipated. The only answer you will get are the ones that you don't want. Flickr can't commit to a date, for obvious reasons.

How are you being cheated, you are posting images to Flickr and I can see them. Any other functionality can be done outside of Flickr. I am not making light of your issue, but you will have to be patient.

view photos

clascaris says:

Patience...or Pay-science for nothing? Not only can I not transfer to Yahoo, Facebook, now I need another app to edit pix? It appears that this one issue/ tissue has been worked on(or not?) since April? Come on...let us know whether we should wait another 6 months or for another's take-over before people give up on this.

view photos

Phil & Catherine Wilkins says:

I have to say that the least Flickr can do is give some indication as to when the facility will be re-enabled. 3 months of a feature that is being paid for offline isn’t inspiring.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Phil & Catherine Wilkins:

They won't provide that information. They will only ever say "soon".

view photos

Jonnee says:

Can Flickr give an update as to when this problem will be solved. I cannot wait any longer - long time member.

view photos

Captain Bark (read my profile) says:

This is very annoying bug

view photos

colerumschlag says:

They probably should have worked out of these kinks BEFORE they started charging people. I don't like paying for a product that doesn't work..... Still waiting on ipad editor to function...
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

wildhareuk says:

colerumschlag:

It's a consequence of the migration to AWS. They would not have been able to do that without changing the revenue stream.

view photos

wildhareuk says:

colerumschlag:

duplicate

view photos

wkeller2000 says:

Makes sense now! Received an email from SmugMug to download a free trial of Luminar 3 for fast photo editing. Why fix Flickr when they are trying to sell all of us a tool that did what we wanted for free.

view photos

wildhareuk says:

wkeller2000:

I doubt if that it the intention. I don't see any reason why they won't get the app fixed at some point in the near future.

view photos

clascaris says:

kp-kp-kp:

So, when this question was asked months ago, what is the status about editing photos before SmugMug took over and than not being able to do so on a Android? You'd think something would have been fixed/ done or announced by this time?
After 4 months or more paying for a feature that's no longer functioning w/o an explanation is in my book not only a mystery but also a false business deal. I had written about this 'directly' and have yet to get an answer. I expect something that worked for free to certainly do so when I pay for it. Long time member & not happy.

view photos

msa70 says:

kp-kp-kp:

I can not save my cropped pics even if logged in on my Apple computer...
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Peeano Photography - ピアーノ写真 says:

Same here, it's very annoying, because i love the filters from the Flickr app, now it stuck with "Saving Photo Failed" 😪 👎

www.flickr.com/photos/peeano/49025539233/in/dateposted/
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads