Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime
Latest: 39 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 64 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Update on Creative Commons licenses and “In Memoriam” accounts
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Timeline extension for free Flickr accounts over 1,000 photos + videos
Latest: 12 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Ongoing improvements & updates to Free & Pro plans
[Official Thread] Updates on speed & stability so far

Current Discussion

y
Latest: 12 minutes ago
How to change the date i've joined on Flickr?
Latest: 21 minutes ago
How many photos do I really have here?
Latest: 25 minutes ago
Rescuing pictures
Latest: 4 hours ago
[ FLICKR STAFF PLEASE HELP! ] A Photo sharing web site have my works for free download which I never gave permission
Latest: 6 hours ago
Flickr Uploader
Latest: 6 hours ago
Buddy Icon How to find or create
Latest: 8 hours ago
How long does requested Staff review take?
Latest: 10 hours ago
Password
Latest: 10 hours ago
Flickr discussion groups not working
Latest: 11 hours ago
uploaded a video but it is appearing as just a picture
Latest: 12 hours ago
Very slow!?
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Email

lilchik01 says:

So one of my followers isnt that good with technology and needs help. Flickr informed of her updates so she did it but instead of her email, she accidentally gave her sister's email. Now her sis is getting the notifications instead of her. How can she fix it to where it switches to her email instead?
Posted at 6:28PM, 14 March 2019 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

From what you post I gather the issue is with supplying the wrong primary email address, here:

EDIT: removed the link to the page where our primary contact email addresses are displayed, upon someone's request who contends that clicking on it after migration would affect logging in.
Well, if they say so.

So she would need to correct that.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

lilchik01:

If you mean your follower has migrated to the new login, it is not possible at this time to change her login and contact email (which are now the same). Her account page will indicate the ability to change it is "coming soon".

view photos

mcnod says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

Please remove that link, believe me, people who have migrated should not click on it. I did and it confused my ability to log back in for a long minute.

view photos

lilchik01 says:

mcnod:

Its at least worth try

view photos

mcnod says:

lilchik01:

Its at least worth try

Not if she has migrated to the new login.

view photos

lilchik01 says:

mcnod:

I don't know if she has or not. I'm just going by what I was told

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

Well, if you're not sure exactly what she did then it might be best to figure out what that was first. That link is for changing your contact e-mail where Flickr sends notifications. It has no effect on being able to sign in to an account. I don't know what "Flickr informed of her updates" means. But I thought perhaps it meant she had changed over to the new log in system and accidentally gave her sister's e-mail.
Midnight-Blue edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

Midnight-Blue:

It has no effect on being able to sign in to an account.

Have you migrated?

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

No, I haven't. But I know that when you get the banner telling you that you can use the new log in system, it will say "Update your login now." So that is what lead me to believe that maybe this person went to the new log in system when she says "informed of her updates." As I understand it you will only be able to have one e-mail address under the new system for both signing in and being contacted.

view photos

mcnod says:

Midnight-Blue:

So that is what lead me to believe that maybe this person went to the new log in system when she says "informed of her updates."

I agree.

And if she has migrated and clicks that link, she will get a 404 page, no big deal right? . . . Wrong

I accidentally closed my browser, which ended my flickr session and when I tried to log back in, I was taken to the Yahoo login page, which I cannot use for flickr anymore.
mcnod edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

removed the link

Thank you Mabel.

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

I was wondering if she would get the 404 error code or not. Since everyone has not migrated over yet, I wasn't sure if that or something else would happen.

view photos

Lollynsh says:

midnight blue hit the nail on the head but Mabel right too but i did not get err 404 it just switch over to my sister email anyways i was unable too put mine back on it

view photos

Lollynsh says:

Midnight-Blue:

midnight blue hit the nail on the head but Mabel right too but i did not get err 404 it just switch over to my sister email anyways i was unable too put mine back on it

view photos

mag3737 says:

Lollynsh:

Let's just hope that you are good friends with your sister and she will forward you anything important that you receive, until the future when Flickr allows us to change our contact/login email.

view photos

mcnod says:

Lollynsh:

i did not get err 404 it just switch over to my sister email anyways i was unable too put mine back on it

Ok. It's good to know that another member was not affected the same way as I. Perhaps it happened because I did not log out in the normal fashion, perhaps it is browser/OS specific, who knows. There seems to be very few problems reported with the migration, but there has been a couple and it was traumatic to see that Yahoo login page again unexpectedly. I won't be repeating the experiment. All went well as I logged in this morning, no harm, no foul, I guess.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

Lollynsh:

Thanks for reporting back to state your findings.

For the rest: I subscribe to mag3737's comment

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads