Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Updates to the Flickr Android App
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Official Thread] An update on Flickr search
Latest: 15 hours ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Official Thread] A new home for your events
Latest: 6 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Flickr modifying exif data when displaying
Latest: 2 hours ago
I am unable to renew my PRO account in the account page
Latest: 2 hours ago
Sensor Dust
Smugmug terms for photowalk group photos be careful
"Invalid email or password"
Latest: 8 hours ago
What’s the deal with moderated groups?
Latest: 13 hours ago
Batch moving images between albums.
Latest: 16 hours ago
cover photo
Latest: 18 hours ago
There was an error: flickr.collections.createIcon #4
Latest: 29 hours ago
Safe search is always moderate
Latest: 32 hours ago
Photo in maximum number of groups
Latest: 32 hours ago
Group stats photography counter going nuts
Latest: 33 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here

Flickr Staff

helencho1 says:

From the day we announced Flickr was joining SmugMug, the single most requested feature by our community has been overwhelming and consistent: a new login. After months of careful development and testing, our new, secure, and simple login is ready and we’ve begun rolling it out to members today.

Due to the massive number of Flickr members, this process will take a little time, but over the next few weeks, we’ll introduce more and more of you to our new login.

What to expect:
The first page of the login experience has already been updated with a new look, but you will continue to log in to your Flickr account with your Yahoo credentials as you always have until the rollout reaches you. Once the update is available to you, you’ll see a blue banner at the top of your screen inviting you to update your account. Click it and you’ll be led through a simple process that will allow you to select your new login email address and a new password.

Initially, you’ll be required to use either your Yahoo sign-in email address or your primary contact email address. If you like, you can update the primary address by following these instructions. The address you choose will be the only email address used by your Flickr account, for both login and all correspondence. In the near future, you’ll be able to change the address you’ve chosen in your account settings.

If you have questions or need help with the new login process, please post here or visit our help pages.

We hope you love this new, simpler login experience. We’re still hard at work on performance and stability improvements across the site (as discussed here), but we’re delighted to check this key item off our members’ wish lists.
Posted at 9:10AM, 4 March 2019 PST ( permalink )
helencho1 (staff) edited this topic 10 months ago.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
(601 to 700 of 1758 replies in [Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here)
view photos

Das Boot 160 says:

I'm being teased by the blue banner appearing briefly in the early hours, by the time I switched on again this morning, it has gone. Very odd.
Posted 8 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

dreary plot says:

This HELP forum seems quite useless as if calling to the stars.

view photos

kmacgray says:

nonesame:

What specific help are you seeking?

view photos

EricNearDetroit says:

I see a few others have posted this issue recently and it happened to me last night: I was prompted with the blue banner. I selected the email address I wanted to use for my new login. I input a new password. Now I cannot log in with the new email and password but still have to use my yahoo credentials. What's up?

view photos

Chung Chu says:

Das Boot 160:

This happened to me and I tried to log off on from Flickr, restart the computer to make it reappear.

I ended up logging in using a different web browser (Chrome) and it appeared.

The blue link directs to identity.flickr.com/migration

view photos

martian cat says:

I changed my log-in to a non-Yahoo address and the blue message is still there.

Now, I just received this message from Flickr...

Hi martian cat,
You're getting this email from Flickr HQ because your Flickr account was detached from the Yahoo email associated with it or you never had a Yahoo email associated with it. To keep using Flickr, you will need to attach a Yahoo email to this account.

Why did Flickr send me this message?

And, my information still says these notes...

~ Password: Edit your Yahoo! password

~ Flickr uses your Yahoo! account email and password for logging in.

~ Edit your Yahoo! preferences

Why did these messages come to me? When I was finished with changing my sign-in email, I received a message that said that my account was changed to a non-Yahoo sign-in.

New information which I just received after my sign-in edit:

Just now... when I touch one of the blue links, this is the message that I get transferred to...

Yes! I definitely want to reset my Yahoo! password.

What does this mean? I was told to disconnect my sign-in from Yahoo as an update. And, I followed the information that was on the link, followed all the parts for the changes, etc.
martian cat edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

Giant_Schnauzer says:

Will there be a deadline announced by which time a member MUST have gone through the new login setup procedure?

view photos

Das Boot 160 says:

Chung Chu:

Thanks for the link Chung Chu, it worked like a dream, now fully over to new login, have tried and worked well.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

Giant_Schnauzer:

Will there be a deadline announced by which time a member MUST have gone through the new login setup procedure?

If they do I'm sure they will have to fix the bugs first. Who knows the timeline on that. And i guess it will depend on how many members are using the new login. I'm sure it wiil be easier to have a deadline if most members are using it. If not then who knows.
Scarlet Pimpernel edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

MO FunGuy says:

I followed the blue banner telling me to update my log in. Flickr still works but my email Notifications don't, Flickr won't let me edit/change my Contact Email address, and every time I close my web browser I have to sign back in, even though I have the box checked "keep me signed in". I've sent a message to Flickr asking for help but no reply. Is this a bug? What should I do? Thanks!

view photos

ShellyS says:

I got the blue banner yesterday, updated my login to use my gmail account which is where I was getting flickr notifications. I used to stay logged in, even after rebooting my PC, but today I was logged out. When I tried to log in with my new login in both Chrome and Firefox, I got an error message. I've been able to log in with my Yahoo account. In my settings, it says my gmail addy is my login. Is there something else I need to do? Is this just a temporary glitch? It's a bit frustrating.

view photos

micael18 says:

ShellyS:

About to stay logged in, when the browser is closed...

Google Chrome:
Click the 3 dots under the shut down-X
Settings
Advanced
Content settings
Cookies
Disable "Keep locale data only until you quit tyour browser"

Now, scroll down to "Clear browserdata
Unmark the "Content Settings".
Then, the setting, you did about locale data, won't be deleted, when cleaning browserdata

Remark, there's no Save-button when doing changes in Google Chrome.
micael18 edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

ian salvin says:

Had a wee power glitch here. When that happened I had to restart my main computer, which booted me out of any open applications. I generally leave my Flickr logged in to save time. Now that I've been booted, I can't get back in. I'm being redirected to the screen telling me to select one of four options I don't have on my main computer. I know that if I'm to be permitted to continue to use Flickr I will need to buy a new computer and use software they approve. I suppose I should consider myself fortunate to have a laptop that ran on battery when the power glitched; otherwise I'd be out of Flickr and have no way back in with my present set up. So to answer the question above about when a member must use the new login; it's as soon as you try to login and are redirected to the screen requiring you to choose one of four browsers. If you don't have any of them; you won't get back in. If there's a hard date by which you must comply, I haven't seen it; but have evidently passed it.

view photos

micael18 says:

ian salvin:

Or just get another browser:
help.flickr.com/en_us/supported-web-browsers-for-flickr-r...

What operating system are you running now?

view photos

Davis Strait says:

I've updated both of my accounts and now can't switch between them on my phone. Anyone have a fix for this?

view photos

Pictures from the Ghost Garden says:

I created my new non Yahoo log in with password which was accepted and I was returned to s screen telling me that I would now use my new log in. However, when I logged out and tried to log back in it did not recognise my new e-mail and i have just logged back in using my Yahoo e-mail and old password which does not make sense after receiving confirmation that it had changed.

Edited to add: And now the blue banner is back inviting me to create a new log in again!!!!

view photos

ShellyS says:

micael18:

I'll try that, thanks. I just thought it odd that previously, I stayed logged into flickr, even when Yahoo would log me out every couple of months from my Yahoo email account.

view photos

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska says:

My, oh my...
After having read about all this, now I am afraid to log out today :o

view photos

micael18 says:

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska:

An update for the browser could have changed the settings, OR.... If someone had to reset the browser-settings to the default. Then this also could happen.

Or a cleanup, using the program CCleaner, can clean too much.

I had to reset my browser because a mystery behavior. That helped, but It did that, I had to log in every time, when going to Flickr! :-D Now I has changed the setting.
micael18 edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

ian salvin says:

micael18:

If I could just get another browser I would; but none of the four options work with my present system. Running iMac OS 10.8.5 and Firefox 48.0
Can't update either one without first updating the other. Tried downloading Mojave but to no avail. I know which browsers are acceptable for the new login. Just can't use them on my existing hardware.

view photos

micael18 says:

ian salvin:

Try to let a computer-savvy friend upgrade your computer.

Have you checked here:
www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/#hardware-requirements

view photos

leonardo.bonanni says:

I switched to the new login and now my mobile app won't let me access my account - what should I do?

view photos

danielpalenski says:

micael18:

Or if his hardware is too old for Mojave at least try upgrading to El Capitan Firefox still supports that

support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886

view photos

NDLineGeek says:

Still no joy...

view photos

martian cat says:

I have no changes even though the log-in that I use is not linked to my Yahoo account anymore.

I have tried to re-boot my computer to see if that would change my account information. However, it still says that I am linked to Yahoo. And, the sign-in that I use for Flickr is no longer linked to Yahoo.

---------

New Update: And, I cleared my browser, signed out of my browser, and when I signed in... my email is listed as linked to Yahoo.

I have signed into and out of things, cleared my browser, re-booted my computer, etc. Things have not changed?

Why?

---------

Another UPDATE.. I tried to change browsers and my Flickr sign-in still shows that it is linked to Yahoo. I have followed all the information that was available to change from Yahoo, etc.

I am still wondering why this is happening? My Flickr sign-in is not linked to Yahoo!
martian cat edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

Jersey JJ says:

To anyone having issues with the new non-Yahoo login. I had a problem yesterday, and was told by Flickr Help that my previously changed "Main" email was in all UPPER CASE. I was surprised, but that fixed it. Case sensitive. Just trying to help. Good luck.

view photos

I Jacobson Photography says:

I got the blue banner at the top too...BUT, when it came time to select my password, it just wouldn't take it. I made sure that all the areas were checked under 'Please use at least' section, but every time I clicked on the 'Set Password' button, I would get a "oops, something went wrong' message. This happened multiple times, so obviously, I was unable to set up my new login.

I think I will just skip the new login setup till Flickr sorts this out. I don't want to risk not being able to log in.

view photos

dreary plot says:

kmacgray:To the staff:
you seem to have changed the log in page so that older versions of browsers (Chrome, Opera) cannot download it. Why have you done this? There are many people who have old computers and are not rich enough to buy new ones. I had to install another browser that does updates but works slowly and poorly on my old PC - so I often have disappointment and irritation instead of any pleasure visiting Flickr. Why don't you allow ALL people to log in with their own means?

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

nonesame:

There are many people who have old computers and are not rich enough to buy new ones.

The hard truth is that such circumstances are not taken into account. Renew or be left behind. It's the same for devices and phones and such.

For that matter: there are plenty of newer, refurbished PCs out there for an affordable price. Under "affordable" I understand less than 300 dollars.

view photos

kmacgray says:

nonesame:

Not sure why you are addressing me as staff. I'm not staff.

view photos

Gordon_H61 says:

Ok got the Blue banner , clicked the link went to the new sign in page (the one that says use yahoo unless you've been told to upgrade.....) , put in the new email i wanted to use and it went straight back to the Flickr page !

Tried it in Firefox and safari , same result !
Tried putting in my Yahoo login , went straight back to Flickr Page !

Whats the point in the Blue Banner telling you to upgrade your login when it just goes around in circles !!!!!!

view photos

Ysé6 says:

In 2012 I opened a second account on Flickr (via a new Yahoo email address) here : www.flickr.com/photos/87493043@N06/ .

Since 2016 I haven't been able to login to this account despite knowing the password for it, because I am systematically directed by Yahoo, after entering the password, to a security question page and asked one security question (always the same... although a list of questions were set, I think, at least two others ?) to which I know the answer of course as it relates to my personal life but not the exact answer I gave Yahoo at the time apparently (it's true that this very question can have several answers compared to "what was the name of your first pet" as it is always rejected by Yahoo.

This security question step appeared a few years ago (can't remember when maybe when they had hacking/security problems) when I attempted to log in into my accounts (claiming that I was trying to login from a different device despite me using the same Mac computer since 2006). I managed to answer the security question for the present account Yse6 - a different question obviously - but not for Yse1New.

I have been stuck in this situation for a while now and was hoping that getting rid of Yahoo to login into Flickr could help my situation.

Will it be the case if I can't even login into Yse1New (I don't remember naming or using an alternative email address with this account) ?

The Yse1New account is the one I'd like to use from now on and I hope there is a solution to stop being locked out of it...

Just a precision : I haven't received the blue banner login offer for either accounts yet...

view photos

repete7 says:

What happened to two factor authentication? I mean freedom is great and all, but not if it's insecure.

view photos

Gaelldew1 says:

Totally sick of waiting to change password my Pro account is due for renewal soon and there aint no way will they get my 25 bucks if it hasn't been changed.

view photos

ShellyS says:

micael18:

So I checked my settings and they were already set the way you suggested. And I am still getting logged out of flickr and I still need to log in via Yahoo. I hope this is fixed soon.

view photos

ShellyS says:

Jersey JJ:

Interesting about the email being case sensitive. Mine is showing 2 capital letters where they should be lowercase, but I have no link to change that. It says Change (with a line through it), then "coming soon."

view photos

micael18 says:

ShellyS:

ShellyS:

Then I can't suggest anymore... Except, do you have any Adblocker on? Then try deactivating it for this site only.

view photos

I feel like I want to something crazy today ;)
I am logging out...

view photos

Out (on Opera)
In (on Firefox)

I am back with no issues.
Lucky me!

view photos

Your uploads will be locked soon.
No, they wont.

view photos

Gaelldew1:

there aint no way will they get my 25 bucks
You are prone to get a bad surprise, I am afraid.

view photos

ShellyS says:

I turned off my AdBlocker, logged out of flickr, shut Chrome, reloaded and when I went to log in, I typed my email addy the way it's in my flickr settings, with the 2 uppercase letters, rather than all lowercase the way it should be. My new password worked! I still need to test if it will leave me logged in, but with my password stored and working, it won't matter for now. It was the Yahoo login that was driving me crazy since I use a message sent to my phone to log into Yahoo. As soon as flickr lets me edit my email, I'll change it to all lowercase letters. Thanks to all who posted suggestions. Flickr remains an awesome community. :)

ETA: I just rebooted my PC and I'm still logged in to flickr! I'm not sure which thing I did fixed that, and I don't care right now. Thanks again for all the help.
ShellyS edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

Out (on Firefox)
In (on Opera)

This thing is miraculously working for me.
Maybe because I never used a smartphone / Flickr app to access the site :)

view photos

MO FunGuy says:

I posted a question/problem yesterday 23 hours ago. I haven't seen any help or response, certainly no help from staff. I have a Pro account and have for years. Flickr policy says Pro account users will get priority in help response. So far no help.

I continue to have problems after following the instructions for updating my log in. I no longer have to log back in completely every time I open Flickr. However Flickr will not let me change/edit my email address, so email notifications are only going to my very old and unused Yahoo account. I need to change my email address for Flickr and it will not let me. What can I do?

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

So: Got the blue banner. Went through it and all SEEMS to have worked as intended, including using new creds to relogin to iOS apps. Apple TV (where I use Flickr as my screensaver) is going to a a PITA thanks top my new secure password.

Lightroom extension appears to be perfectly functional (porbably because it uses my old, pre-Yahoo flickr ID - but still odd, since I have changed the password. Not sure how that works.

Performance seems a bit more sluggish, but that may be caches needing to fill up, I guess.

Safari, on a Mac with all content protection whitelisting Flickr.

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

MO FunGuy:

On my settings screen it says that ability to change the email is "Coming soon"

view photos

ColetteSimonds says:

I can't log on when using Firefox. I input my user's name and it returns a Yahoo window which allows me to input my password. But when I input my password, I get a login error. I don't have any of this when I login using either Edge or Chrome.

What's the reason for this?

view photos

Ian Cundell:

ability to change the email is "Coming soon"
Just another of many promises. Don't hold your breath.

view photos

MO FunGuy says:

Ian Cundell:

Thanks Ian! Hope that means soon. Do you have the same/similar problem?

view photos

dreary plot says:

kmacgray:

nonesame:

Not sure why you are addressing me as staff. I'm not staff.

I was NOT addressing you. I said, "To the staff".
I replied to you because previously you had replied to me:

kmacgray says:

nonesame:

What specific help are you seeking?

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

MO FunGuy:

No, it seems to have been smooth for me, but I set a separate contact email to a specific (spam tracing) format years ago.

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

One small glitch - I had to re-upload my profile pic.

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

Fortunately I am not burdened by the expectation that turning around more than a decade of Yahoo mismanagement is an overnight job.

view photos

dreary plot says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

I live on under $140 per month, exactly 8650 roubles. If I hadn't been given gratis the old computer I'm using, I couldn't have written this to you now.

view photos

MO FunGuy says:

I received a reply from Flickr 1 1/2 days after I sent them a message. They said "it does seem to be a current issue. While I do not have an estimated time frame for a resolution, we are aware of this and are looking into getting a fix for this as soon as we can."

view photos

NDLineGeek says:

FINALLY got the migration done (knock on wood)

What I did:
Clear browser cache (ALL cookies too)
Reboot
Open Flickr
Sign in with Yahoo
Click the blue banner
You may then be offered a choice between your Yahoo address and your primary Email - if you made it this far, you're on the right path!
After Email comes your new password and done.

My account now tells me that my primary address is now my login, and no more blue banner.

view photos

seeit_snapit says:

I did the update login on my browser but now I can’t login at all on the app! It won’t recognize my new email and password or my old login information.

view photos

martian cat says:

Again, I rebooted my computer and when I signed-into Flickr, checked my account preferences, my account still says Yahoo email. It says my non- Yahoo account sign-in is priority.

Now, the blue banner didn’t appear all the time.

Why does it still have the information about being a Yahoo sign-in account appearing?

I’m not using a Yahoo account to sign-in.

view photos

Mr Black15 says:

Same issues here. Changed log-in info from yahoo but can't log in with new credentials but old yahoo log-in still works. My guess is I'm eventually going to try to log-in and nothing will work. I see a headache coming down the road.

view photos

Asylumkid says:

There are still many people who still use XP and Vista including me. Obviously Firefox and Chrome no longer support these. Am I going to have a problem with the new login because of this issue? Really important because my subscription is approaching and if I have to upgrade my system there is no point carrying on as PRO. And for the record the reason I have not upgraded from XP is not because I like the olden days and refuse to be dragged kicking and screaming into the new century, it is financial.

view photos

Asylumkid:

Install Linux alongside Windows XP

There are many modern Linux distributions (recent browsers included) running perfectly well on seemingly outdated hardware.

view photos

Asylumkid says:

Linux

Thanks, I'll have a look.

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

Um...not sure if this is relayted but...

When going to the main site I get a YAHOO "sorry, something went wrong" message and going to my setting page I get

"Bad, bad panda!
Come on. We want photos.

We’re aware of the problem and are fixing it. Thanks for your patience.
Source: app#500Error
2019-04-15T09:34:43Z-55272ded@server"

Any ideas/ replications?

view photos

L.Mikonranta says:

I Jacobson Photography:

oops something went wrong

I have exactly the same problem

view photos

simonov says:

Aaaaand I'm done. All seven accounts.

view photos

tt.pix says:

Chung Chu:

Big thanks from me, too. Worked like a charm, I don't need anymore the Yahoo login

view photos

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

I Jacobson Photography:

I got the blue banner at the top too...BUT, when it came time to select my password, it just wouldn't take it. I made sure that all the areas were checked under 'Please use at least' section, but every time I clicked on the 'Set Password' button, I would get a "oops, something went wrong' message. This happened multiple times, so obviously, I was unable to set up my new login.

There's a time limit for choosing your new password -- you get several minutes from the moment you land on the page, after which your token may expire and any request will receive an error.

The solution in this case is just to refresh the page, or start again from the beginning. Can you please give it another try? Let us know if that doesn't work, but I've never seen it fail to work if you enter the new password promptly. Thanks!

view photos

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

Mr Black15:

Changed log-in info from yahoo but can't log in with new credentials

I can see you've successfully moved to the new login. If your credentials aren't working for you, please just go through the login process but click "Forgot password" when prompted for your password. You'll be able to re-set it and should be good to go. Thanks!

view photos

littletinperson says:

to whatever staff may be monitoring this thread - i'll change my login when the site is stable. and this thread is retired. my confidence in the service is low. but i'm hanging in ... :)

view photos

micael18 says:

simonov:

THAT was MANY accounts!! Shouldn't you create just one more? :-D

view photos

L.Mikonranta says:

adstads:

I get the "oops, something went wrong " when entering the new password immediately.

view photos

simonov says:

micael18:

Six of the accounts have purposes (two are Pro); one of the accounts I discovered by accident. There's nothing in it, but why not keep it? I might find a use for it someday.

view photos

MO FunGuy says:

I am relieved to say that after 3 days and several contacts with Flickr Help, it looks like I'm working again. I do like Flickr and use it a lot. I believe it is a very worthwhile service. After all the hassle with this log in update, I am happy I will no longer have to use my old Yahoo log in. Wish I wouldn't have had to go through this.

view photos

builder24car says:

I got the blue banner. I picked the email address I wanted to use for my new login. I chose a new password. Now I can't log in with the new email and password? I have to get a verification code sent to my phone every time I want to log in. If I want to log out then back in I have to clear my history, cookies, etc and get a new code and start all over again. It's getting old fast...

view photos

ShellyS says:

builder24car:

Did you make sure your email addy on the login screen matched the addy in your flickr settings exactly? Someone posted about that upthread. It's case sensitive and I was done in by two letters in caps in my settings, but not in the login. As soon as I fixed the login addy to match the settings one, I was successful.

view photos

builder24car says:

ShellyS:

Yes, I checked that. Thank you!

view photos

clayolmstead says:

Android app and login via browser on Android are currently not working. (Accessing Flickr through browser on PC works fine.)

I'm getting the "We're sorry, but there was a problem" message. Neither of the "Here's what to do" options offers any useful advice: I'm not trying to create a new Flickr account using the same ID that I use for my account, and the "Please sign in again" option just puts me back to this same screen. When I try to log in, it tells me to log in using my Yahoo small business credentials. I thought the point of this update was to dissociate Flickr from Yahoo, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not for now.

I've deleted the app from my phone, I'll try it again in a week or so when all of this is settled out.

view photos

marco_ask says:

Is there a date by which the New Login will be available in Italy?

view photos

marco_ask:

I don't think that the schedule is country-wise...

view photos

micael18 says:

simonov:

If there's UNDER 1.000 pictures in the one of the Pro-accounts, then why not change it to a Free account?

Waste of money, now that you has unlimited storage place on a Pro-account!

Just remember to continue to log in/out of the free accounts now and then, to keep them alive.

view photos

pweeeeeer says:

Had old account cut off. I started a new one. No longer want new one. Want only original account but its password only brings me back to new account. Such a common problem on Flickr! What to do? Anyone have a clue?

view photos

The Searcher says:

pweeeeeer: This account you're using is not new, it was created three years ago. Do you have a link to your other account that you could post here? It's possible it was deleted, which is why you can't access it anymore.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

pweeeeeer:

Such a common problem on Flickr! What to do? Anyone have a clue?

You posted in an old thread to ask assistance for getting access to your original account, which is this one:

www.flickr.com/photos/12186907@N06

Suggest you take your login woes to Support, use this form:

help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ

view photos

simonov says:

micael18:

If there's UNDER 1.000 pictures in the one of the Pro-accounts, then why not change it to a Free account?

I like to keep separate aspects of my life . . . separate.

The other Pro account is one that used the auto uploader to slurp up thousands of images off a NAS.

view photos

martian cat says:

I received an email from the new Flickr team.

The email told me that signing in with a Yahoo account was OK because of all of the trouble with changing the sign-in.

So, I redid my Yahoo preferences and returned with my new Yahoo email and signed into Flickr.

This is after not being able to sign into Flickr for almost 2 days using my new updated Flickr sign-in email address.

It feels good to be able to be back here. I understand that things will change. But, I will wait and then try again to follow the new settings.

view photos

LSW2020 says:

I got an email about changing log in email I switched to my gmail but I am now being asked to still log in with yahoo

view photos

p.csizmadia says:

Per the new Login Instructions I've added an additional email to become my new primary contact email. The email is added but the confirmation is sent to the existing as a note indicating the email addition with no ability to confirm just instructions to check account settings. Nothing is sent to the new email so it remains in an unconfirmed state. Every attempt to Resend the Confirmation is sent to existing Primary Contact Email. (Note: Yes I've deleted and re-added the new email address with the same results, and no the confirmationj is not in any spam or junk filter on the new account)
p.csizmadia edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

adstads:

Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested but i still get the 'Oops, something went wrong' message. I tried multiple times. All the sections are checkmarked in blue, but when I click on the 'Set Password' button, I get the 'Ooops" message no matter how fast I proceed to enter the password.

I closed and reopened Firefox several times and still no luck. Didn't have ad block enabled.

I would much rather keep my current login.
I Jacobson Photography edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

L.Mikonranta says:

I Jacobson Photography:

Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested but i still get the 'Oops, something went wrong' message. I tried multiple times. All the sections are checkmarked in blue, but when I click on the 'Set Password' button, I get the 'Ooops" message no matter how fast I proceed to enter the password.

I closed and reopened Firefox several times and still no luck. Didn't have ad block enabled.

I would much rather keep my current login.

I still have this problem, too. Any advice from the staff would be appreciated.

view photos

dollywings [ Pat ] says:

The blue banner has gone from my photostream ,I have kept my Yahoo login but changed my password .
The problem is my Yahoo mail has disappeared and so has my bookmarks for it,so don't really know if I've made the change or not .I never log out normally so am reluctant to test it .
I've been having lots of problems recently so would like to know whats happening to my account

view photos

mag3737 says:

dollywings [ Pat ]:

New login or not?

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

L.Mikonranta:

I Jacobson Photography:

Going to reach out to you two via email in a few minutes. Please look out for it!

Best,
Katherine

view photos

dollywings [ Pat ] says:

mag3737:

Thank you ,looks like i'm on the new login .

view photos

kp-kp-kp:

Thank you Katherine for contacting me!

view photos

L.Mikonranta:

I am pleased to report that I finally managed to enter my new login info.

I was able to complete my new login with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 10 machine. Closed Microsoft Edge and opened Firefox. Tried to login with my new login info and no luck. Then I went to my Mac and opened Firefox. Nope...no luck. I could only log in with Microsoft Edge.

Weird, huh?

Well, I was pretty much convinced that Flickr had login issues with Firefox, but I quickly discovered that the problem was on my end:

I had Ad Block disabled, but I also use the NoScript plugin. My NoScript settings were allowing Flickr and Adobe...but the cognito-idp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com URL was blocked, so i had to mark it as 'Trusted' and Voila! I reloaded the page, entered the login info and I was in!

So, if you use the NoScript plugin, be sure to allow the cognito-idp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com URL.

Good luck!

view photos

groenling says:

helencho1:

I have read this above:
" In the near future, you’ll be able to change the address you’ve chosen in your account settings."

Can you predict when this will become possible? The near future has came & went....

thanx,
groenling

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

In among all the flak, biiiiig shout out to Cora in Flickr support for helping me recover two dormant accounts from Yahoo hell when their credentials had gone walkabout (after checking I was really me, obviously).

So three accounts all done now.

view photos

HereIsTom says:

There is no freedom!
Flickr has stopt suddenly the login with my favorite browser on the iPad!
Flickr cannot just stop this suddenly, I have paid for this!

view photos

kmacgray says:

HereIsTom:

Since you've created a duplicate topic, you are being replied to there:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157679954432308/

view photos

Photos By Dlee says:

Christmas has come early, I got the blue banner today for this account :D

I almost stared at it for a few moments because I was so shocked haha

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
(601 to 700 of 1758 replies in [Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads