Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime
Latest: 32 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 57 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Update on Creative Commons licenses and “In Memoriam” accounts
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Timeline extension for free Flickr accounts over 1,000 photos + videos
Latest: 12 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 36 hours ago
[Official Thread] Ongoing improvements & updates to Free & Pro plans
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Updates on speed & stability so far
Latest: 2 days ago

Current Discussion

y
Latest: 5 minutes ago
How to change the date i've joined on Flickr?
Latest: 14 minutes ago
How many photos do I really have here?
Latest: 18 minutes ago
Rescuing pictures
Latest: 4 hours ago
[ FLICKR STAFF PLEASE HELP! ] A Photo sharing web site have my works for free download which I never gave permission
Latest: 6 hours ago
Flickr Uploader
Latest: 6 hours ago
Buddy Icon How to find or create
Latest: 8 hours ago
How long does requested Staff review take?
Latest: 10 hours ago
Password
Latest: 10 hours ago
Flickr discussion groups not working
Latest: 11 hours ago
uploaded a video but it is appearing as just a picture
Latest: 11 hours ago
Very slow!?
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here

Flickr Staff

helencho1 says:

From the day we announced Flickr was joining SmugMug, the single most requested feature by our community has been overwhelming and consistent: a new login. After months of careful development and testing, our new, secure, and simple login is ready and we’ve begun rolling it out to members today.

Due to the massive number of Flickr members, this process will take a little time, but over the next few weeks, we’ll introduce more and more of you to our new login.

What to expect:
The first page of the login experience has already been updated with a new look, but you will continue to log in to your Flickr account with your Yahoo credentials as you always have until the rollout reaches you. Once the update is available to you, you’ll see a grey banner at the bottom of your screen inviting you to update your account. Click it and you’ll be led through a simple process that will allow you to select your new login email address and a new password.

Initially, you’ll be required to use either your Yahoo sign-in email address or your primary contact email address. If you like, you can update the primary address by following these instructions. The address you choose will be the only email address used by your Flickr account, for both login and all correspondence. In the near future, you’ll be able to change the address you’ve chosen in your account settings.

If you have questions or need help with the new login process, please post here or visit our help pages.

We hope you love this new, simpler login experience. We’re still hard at work on performance and stability improvements across the site (as discussed here), but we’re delighted to check this key item off our members’ wish lists.
Posted at 9:10AM, 4 March 2019 PDT ( permalink )
helencho1 (staff) edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

(101 to 200 of 398 replies in [Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here)
view photos

kmacgray says:

I initially had trouble with Firefox and the new login. It wouldn't send me to the correct place to select which email address I wanted to use.

For me, it turned out that Avast anti-virus was the problem. It was getting in the way of the browser redirects. Temporarily disabling it while I switched over my login then caused the process to work correctly.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

~andre says:

kmacgray:

For me, it turned out that Avast anti-virus was the problem
I thought of an antivirus, but given that they can browse the site with Edge, it might be an add-on, Having said that, disabling antivirus to browse one area of the site might be a useful test/work-around indeed. Problem is, some antivirus programs are harder or even impossible to disable, so some folks will have trouble figuring it out.

view photos

~andre says:

For one thing, I wish they would finally fix this bug when a new forum page is created and one has to type the previous page in the URL to be able to reply. Annoying.

view photos

Chung Chu says:

How far along has the rollout been? 10%? 25%? Still waiting for a notification on this thing.

view photos

tt.pix says:

~andre:

I'd reckon the term "webbbugs" wasn't properly used by myself. This was intended to address all these trackers, beacons, 3rd party cookies etc., not to include common software bugs of which we all know no software is free of.

The situation with the Facebook cookies appears rather problematic, even more so when considering the recent GPDR over here in Europe. Speaking for myself i'm again quite happy to have Facebook servers directed to 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file :-)

Other thing which could be of interest: When running firefox in a session without uBlock and without NoScript, the login to flickr is working fine. So positively not an issue of the browser itself but from the privacy add-ons. I'd guess this problem might disappear as soon as a non-Yahoo email is used for login.

view photos

~andre says:

tt.pix:

I'd reckon the term "webbbugs" wasn't properly used by myself. This was intended to address all these trackers, beacons, 3rd party cookies etc.
I see. This term seems to be used by a few sites, but I wasn't familiar with it.

tt.pix:
Speaking for myself i'm again quite happy to have Facebook servers directed to 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file
This is just a bad practice from the IT standpoint simply because of having to maintain these lists per device. Not to mention that in this day an age tracking domains are likely to be different from the main site domain name, like w​ww.facebook.com, so maintaining this list just gives you a false sense of privacy.

tt.pix:
When running firefox in a session without uBlock and without NoScript
Same sentiment. These add-ons are not good enough to handle many new standards in how pages interact with various providers and will simply break sites, often for no good reason. I used NoScript years ago, but it was just not good and required a lot of babysitting and sometimes just didn't work and the choice was to either not visit affected sites or drop NoScript, which is what I did. .

At the end of the day we have to rely on the browser being on our side and on the web sites we pay for to do the same. Flickr is far from that at this point, but like I said, I am willing to wait and see how they will handle our privacy once they move off Yahoo servers.

I have to add as well that some of their interactions will remain, like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Pendo, etc - many sites use these tools to have cheap site traffic and user engagement analysis in exchange for Google and others getting all the data for their own analysis. This is unavoidable, I'm afraid.

view photos

janicelemon3 says:

janicelemon3 edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

jschumacher says:

janicelemon3:

Is this your account www.flickr.com/photos/129577003@N04?

You should not need to start over. To get the account back you need to contact Flickr Help at help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ

view photos

tt.pix says:

~andre:

Quite true. However, using the facebook example, what other options are there to avoid transferring of privacy data to Facebook even if the user doesn't know about this? I'm afraid for the time being there aren't that many other options. Except than not using the internet al all :-)

view photos

~andre says:

tt.pix:

I disable what I can, but at the end of the day it comes to a point whether you want to have Online presence of any kind and if you do, there will be some tracking of your activities.

view photos

Barra1man (Back from Vacation) says:

"Solving the login issue" has, in fact, reduced access. Two weeks ago I could access my Flickr account using Firefox and Safari. Now I am told they are no longer supported, and I cannot access my pro account. Thanks for the improvement. I cannot upgrade my browsers any further and would have to buy a new computer to take advantage of the "improved access." I have figured a temporary work around (otherwise I could not leave this message), but I do not know how long it will last. I contacted the "Flickr Team," but other than an automated response have not had my concerns addressed. Surely, I'm not the only one. Perhaps we have not heard a lot about this issue because these member have been blocked from accessing their accounts like I was. If anyone has suggestions, other than buying a new computer (I have a MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5) please let me know. Thanks.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

Barra1man (Back from Vacation):

Two weeks ago I could access my Flickr account using Firefox and Safari. Now I am told they are no longer supported

Your MacBook would not support an updated Firefox?

view photos

kmacgray says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

The latest Firefox is only supported back to OS X 10.9.

view photos

kmacgray:

Ah okay, thanks.

view photos

~andre says:

I was going to comment that it's hard to believe that a jump in minor version number would have some drastic effect, but then learned that Apple doesn't follow versioning the rest of the world is using.

Still, it's a login page, not a super duper technology hungry web application. Flickr could code a login page in a way that wouldn't require the latest and greatest Firefox.
~andre edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

~andre:

Thanks for your support. This is my sentiment exactly. I had no problems two weeks ago. It would not be a difficult adjustment and would help many members.

view photos

tt.pix says:

kmacgray:

in my case it also asked me to update my broswer - which is Firefox most recent version.

Are you using Adblockers and / or scriptblockers? They do cause problems as I've encountered too. Im my case it helped using a Firefox sessions without the adblocking and noscripting add-ons. Alternatively install iron browser, a version of chromium

www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

Google Chrome might work too but this I'd only consider as last resort.

view photos

HaarFager (Pro) says:

adstads said"
"until you see the grey banner"

Where exactly will this "grey banner" be and what will it look like? I'm totally colorblind, so everything to me is either black, white or grey.

view photos

jamica1 says:

So I saw the prompt to update the way I log in. I followed the instructions. Next time I logged in it still prompted me to update the way I log in. Why?

view photos

Flower of the Woods says:

I updated my login details and changed my password. I can login with non yahoo email and my new password and sign in to Flickr but I can also sign in with my old yahoo email and old password linked with it. Why is it like this? And can I delete my yahoo account or do I still need it for Flickr? Thanks.

view photos

RV John says:

Updated my two accounts with new logins, one pro and one free account and all went well! I Used non-yahoo email address and new passwords on both. After that I logged back into the free one's Yahoo counter part and deleted that Yahoo account. I read somewhere it takes up to 90 days to completely deleted a Yahoo account. I am still not brave enough to delete the Yahoo account that was/is my counter part to the Pro Flickr account just yet.
In summary, very easy to change over! Thank you Smugmug!

Stop here if you don't use Privacy Plugins, because you are good to go, get that new login!

For those who are like me, a bit of a paranoid privacy nut .... read on.

Privacy Plugins can cause some trouble but if you are familiar with how the plugins setting/controls work no big deal, I use uMatrix, uBlock origin and Noscript with nothing whitelisted in Noscript. I give Flickr.com, yimg.com and cognito-idp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com temp access to everything and all goes well. To get logged in I can give access to only Flickr.com and cognito-idp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com but for the site to work properly I have to give access to yimg.com in Noscript and to s.yimg.com in uMatrix.

I hope all goes well with you and the new Login!
RV John edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Viejito says:

The grey banner at the bottom of the screen turned out to be a blue banner at the top of the screen for me. But I am hesitant to update my login if this will make the error of not getting through the login page permanent and I will no longer be able to go around it to the old yahoo login page.

I hope to be able to ignore the blue banner until that login page has been made compatible with my firefox settings or staff lets us know which third-party sites to declare safe or which firefox setting to loosen.

view photos

guidowerner says:

Viejito:

or staff lets us know which third-party sites to declare safe

Have you tried what was suggested by RV John in the comment above yours?

view photos

Viejito says:

guidowerner:

Yes, and also the suggestions he made earlier, minus the total recreating of a new firefox profile, to no avail.

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

I'm confused. This thread states that we will see a grey banner at the bottom of the screen when the new log in becomes available. However, the help page about the new log in system says "Once the update is available to you, you'll see a blue notification banner on top of the screen." And it shows an example of it.

Someone in a help forum thread said they got a blue banner at the top and successfully changed over after clicking on it. So is it actually a blue banner at the top that we will see?

view photos

spuddie7 says:

HaarFager (Pro):

Where exactly will this "grey banner" be and what will it look like? I'm totally colorblind, so everything to me is either black, white or grey.

Quote from the main Staff thread: "Once the update is available to you, you’ll see a grey banner at the bottom of your screen inviting you to update your account. Click it and you’ll be led through a simple process that will allow you to select your new login email address and a new password.

I hope that helps you.

Edit: Having just read the previous post some people are seeing a blue banner (maybe black for you) at the top of the screen. Maybe someone who has changed their login can help you a bit more....

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

According to that help page it will say "Changes are coming to the way you log into Flickr! Update your login now." over a blue banner. They need to straighten this out as I thought we were to be looking for a grey banner at the bottom as per this thread.
Midnight-Blue edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

dollywings [ Pat ] says:

Viejito:

I also have a blue banner which I'm sure is fake ,I've had fake emails supposedly from flickr before so I'm very cautious about logins

view photos

Maria-H says:

Well I've just done mine, via the blue banner and so far, all seems well. It asked me for my preferred email and gave me a choice of my yahoo email or my bt one (which is the one I always used for notification). I assume it was possible to add a completely different one, though I must admit, I didn't notice, after seeing the one I wanted. It then asked me for a new password - (at least) 8 characters, one uppercase, one lowercase, one number one special character - that's pretty normal these days. Just be careful typing, as it didn't ask me to verify the new password. I always stay logged in - it didn't ask me to log out and in again and as far as I can tell, I'm also still logged in on my phone.

So far, so good - fingers tightly crossed!

view photos

Negative Vibes says:

I cannot change my email address, I cannot login. After following all the instructions, no luck.

Omnishambles

view photos

Negative Vibes:

I cannot login.

But you ARE logged in, or you would not be able to post here.

view photos

RV John says:

HaarFager (Pro):

I suggest not worrying about the color and placement of the banner. My banner was blue and across the top and that don't really matter, because it has words in it (I forget exactly what they where) that tell you, that you can now update your account. No worries, you won't miss it.

view photos

jenniferbeinhacker.com says:

i just did the blue banner new login and so far it seems to work.
after i did the new login i cleared my history and relogged in with my new login and here i am.
seems to have gone smoothly. assume it will stay smooth.

view photos

mikek666 says:

I had the blue banner inviting me to change login details. I did that yesterday, when I was at home on my desktop. This morning at my friends house I tried to login in on my ipad. nothing doing, I have to upgrade browsers beyond what the ipad is capable of doing.
I visited the Apple shop in person and the guy working there said I needed a new ipad, over £500. He said Flickr had chosen to make its login process incompatible with the version of Chrome and Safari on my ipad. I checked other webpages:
Facebook,Three different internet banking pages, Instagram, Government sites etc..
Everything except Flickr allows me to login. So I can reasonably assume its sloppiness on the part of Flickrs software engineers. I tried to find a way to return to my original Yahoo login but that is not possible.
I was able to login via the ipad Flickr Yahoo app which is quite awful and does not appear to allow posting on the Forum. I have emailed Flickr but I don't know when they will reply and whether I will get any helpful response. Fortunately I have sporadic use of my friends laptop from where I have written this post.
This is very disappointing and I hope there is a solution to it. I've been following the endless posts about false stats and the fiasco with the videos so this is just another negative for Flickr as far as I am concerned.. Only this time I have to spend £500+ to resolve it.

Any advise most welcome.

view photos

Bound Damsels Outdoors says:

new login NOT accepting new password even though it meets all requirements

Help

view photos

SamOphoto2011 says:

Went through the "New Login" steps yesterday; I am still being prompted to do the same today?

view photos

spuddie7 says:

I've just gone through the new log-in for my "better half" and am also being told to do so again ... Has it gone through or do I have to do it again for him?
These things do not help his heath problems, which why I'm doing it for him.

Edit The blue banner at the top of his page has now gone. So I presume that I did everything correctly ...

Edit 2 Blue banner back again ......
spuddie7 edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Karin Jo says:

www.flickr.com/photos/156560073@N05

can't log into the account

i figure it has to do with having a unicode name?!

view photos

Karin Jo:

Are you talking about the account you are posting from now? If so, you ARE logged in otherwise you would not be able to post on here.,

view photos

Karin Jo says:

🧟

view photos

mcnod says:

Karin Jo:

Obviously you mean a different account. What happens when you try?

view photos

laughable top says:

ok got it working
thx

chose "i forgot password"
then fixed a new one

view photos

Ales.Ch says:

Is there any chance to avoid all these funny procedures and stay where I am now? What are they going to do if I won't change anything? They delete me?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Ales.Ch:

If you do nothing, eventually you won't be able to sign in, as the connection to Yahoo's registration system will be severed for good.

Why not switch over?

view photos

Ales.Ch says:

kmacgray:

I don't trust them

view photos

Ministry says:

Ales.Ch:

Is there any chance to avoid all these funny procedures

It's straightforward really; it's more difficult to explain than to actually do!
I updated my login earlier today and it worked fine.

Well, sort of.

An issue I encountered was that when I tried to log in, via my photostream page or www.flickr.com, the login button took me to identity.flickr.com, which immediately redirected to www.flickr.com.

I have the latest version of Firefox, it wasn't a cookie/tracker blocking issue, neither by browser settings nor add-ons, and I thought I'd cleared my cache.

However, Support suggested I visit identity.flickr.com directly.
That worked, and access via the normal routes worked thereafter. It was a caching issue (though I wasn't aware that I already had a copy of identity.flickr.com!).

Just thought I'd mention that here in case others encounter it. ;)

[And thanks to Paul at Support!]

view photos

kmacgray says:

Ales.Ch:

I don't trust them

I guess you're stuck then. Good luck.

view photos

Maria-H says:

kmacgray:

Escaping Yahoo entirely doesn't seem so easy. Though they split years ago now, my BT mail account still logs into BT/Yahoo mail!

view photos

Ales.Ch says:

Why they didn't chose allowing registration without emails? Can I give them fake email?

view photos

ernstkers says:

Ales.Ch:

Why they didn't chose allowing registration without emails? Can I give them fake email?

The log in email will also be the contact email. For the migration you can choose between your current yahoo email to log in or the email you set as primary contact email address. Both cannot be fake as they can only be set by confirming them.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Ales.Ch:

Why they didn't chose allowing registration without emails?

How would you confirm your registration without an email address?

view photos

ernstkers says:

Ales.Ch:

Is there any chance to avoid all these funny procedures and stay where I am now? What are they going to do if I won't change anything? They delete me?

Ales.Ch:
I don't trust them

Why do you want to continue using a service that you don't trust?

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Ales.Ch:

I don't trust them

Yet you trusted Yahoo?
Really?

view photos

simonov says:

I'm getting the impression that even though I went through and set up new non-Yahoo primary e-mail addresses last week for my seven Flickr accounts, I will still have to do something with each account to formally separate from Yahoo.

I just now checked all the other accounts, and no blue or gray banners yet on any of them.

Also, since one of the free accounts had 10,000 photos, and today is the Day of Reckoning, I decided to go Pro. Took three minutes and now everything is fine. I can't imagine why so many people are having so many problems with this. It must have something to do with browsers (mine is plain Jane Firefox 65.0 with no plug-ins on Windows 7 Service Pack 1).

view photos

Ales.Ch:

I don't trust them

So since 2009 you have been using an account on a service you did not "trust" ?

view photos

Ales.Ch says:

Nionyn_:

Yes

Yes

view photos

kmacgray says:

Ales.Ch:

Yes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

view photos

Ales.Ch:

Yes

No comment.

(PS - Btw, your confirmation to my question does not make sense, since you said to Nionyn that you did in fact trust Yahoo, yet you confirmed my question that for 9 years you used a service you did NOT trust..)
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Ales.Ch says:

So why do you comment if you have no comment?

Actually once I told you that it was a relief for me when you couldn't help me. Still you are here again with your help.

view photos

jaroslawcichy says:

Here is some feedback about new login. Frustrating on the beginning.
Today, I was invited to update my login preferences. I did it with success.Then I wanted to check if it is working, so I logged off and when login in I saw a message "Please use your Yahoo login unless you have been invited to update your account." I couldn't believe it. What a surprise.
When I log in with the new preferences I am being asked to log in with the old preferences. When I log in with the old preferences it said it it not valid.
For a moment I didn't know what to do.
Finally, I tried to log in with the new preferences and on the third try I was able to log in. Uf !

view photos

Ales.Ch:

Still you are here again with your help.

Sure thing! Have been doing so for many years, that is what this Help Forum is for namely.

view photos

Ales.Ch says:

And I wonder if those who are smiling and (not) having no comments ask themselves if they trusted Yahoo and if not why used their service.

view photos

I have never trusted Yahoo fully, and for that matter do not fully trust ANY Internet service, which I would call a "healthy" scepticism born out of seeing things happen, but if the choice is between using the Net, armed with my partial trust and not using the Net all, I go for the former and then my trust will still cover use of a non-fake email address..

(Then I also need to check the plumber's pricing plan for repairing the drain and there's something funny in the way the housing corporation is handling certain things, so there you go.

view photos

Bruce Adler says:

Please, I've asked this before on another thread (with no clear answer), what is the world changing benefit of not having to use a Yahoo email address to log in?
I've had my Flickr account for more than nine years and it's not a big deal for me anyway that I have have to use a separate email to log in with.
I have a variety of email addresses that I use for different purposes (business, personal, etc) so I really cannot fathom why the new log in procedure is so earth shatterign...
Posted 1 week ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Bruce Adler:

what is the world changing benefit of not having to use a Yahoo email address to log in?

Just to be sure: are you asking whether you CAN still use your Yahoo email address as your login address? If so, then *yes* you can.

You may use ANY email of your choice to log in to Flickr, including your old Yahoo email.

edited to insert "use"
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito edited this topic 1 week ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

Bruce Adler:

I really cannot fathom why the new log in procedure is so earth shatterign...

Well, something was very wrong with Yahoo's login system. There was a time when (flickr) accounts were being "orphaned" at an alarming rate. And it was hard to prove an account was yours once you were locked out. Many, many accounts are still orphaned and there are many members who are still locked out. Flickr staff and Yahoo spent countless hours over the years trying to fix this and although in more recent times the number of members getting locked out has been smaller, it still happens every week until the Yahoo login, just search the HF for the history. Be very happy if you were not a victim of the login bug.

view photos

jschumacher says:

Bruce Adler:

what is the world changing benefit of not having to use a Yahoo email address to log in?

Allowing people to use any email they want instead of just a Yahoo account is a huge deal for Flickr because almost every current and potential customer has an email address but very few potential customers have Yahoo accounts. That's especially true for younger people, who Flickr would dearly love to become members, now that Yahoo has pretty much disappeared.

Using just one email address, instead of a Yahoo email for creating a Flickr account and a separate email as the contact address simplifies something that was unnecessarily complicated for both Flickr and its members.

For people concerned with security and privacy getting away from Yahoo, and it's poor record of protecting customer privacy, is extremely welcome.

Finally, there's an intangible, emotional, benefit. Long-time Flickr staff and customers are well aware of Yahoo's mismanagement of Flickr, years of neglect followed by years of micromanagement, followed by years of neglect, that have harmed Flickr and chased away customers. For a lot of people, getting away from Yahoo brings a sense of optimism for the future of Flickr.

view photos

kmacgray says:

jschumacher:

For a lot of people, getting away from Yahoo brings a sense of optimism for the future of Flickr

This. ^^^^^^^

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

Is there any indication of the phasing of the role out? It would be nice to have an approximate idea when I'll get it.

Am in the UK, with a .co.uk yahoo address. Does that make a difference? Or is there some other formula?

view photos

I am very disappointed that no one from the Flickr Staff have bothered to address my concerns (or respond to my e-mails) regarding how the new login page no longer supports Safari and Firefox browsers. Why am I paying for a Pro account? These changes mean that some members can no longer access their accounts. This is very sad.

view photos

mcnod says:

I sign in using Firefox every day.

view photos

mcnod:

Yes, but my version is no longer supported and cannot be upgraded any further unless i buy a new computer to take advantage of the "new and improved" login.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Ian Cundell:

Is there any indication of the phasing of the role out? It would be nice to have an approximate idea when I'll get it.

No telling. I've seen a continual trickle of evidence that it's happening over the last few days, in the form of comments by friends, or comments I've seen by people in groups or the Help Forum, saying that they got it. But I haven't looked for any patterns that might help conclude how quickly it is spreading or whether there's any pattern (geographic or otherwise).

view photos

Maria-H says:

Ian Cundell:

I'm in the UK too and got my update yesterday. No idea what order is being used for the updates.

view photos

chinarut says:

What is the temporary workaround you are using?

I have the same problem with old hardware and agree, an updated login system shouldn’t require a hardware upgrade.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

I've not had the new sign-in thing yet. I'm still getting the other new Flickr box that wants my current email to sign-in. When I first had this a few weeks back it would show invalid on my Phone and Tablet. But it worked just fine on my desktop. It was all working fine after about two weeks on all devices.

I just signed in using my phone but I got the invalid again so had to click through to the old yahoo sign-in to get into Flickr.

Android 5.1....And latest undated Google Chrome.
Scarlet Pimpernel edited this topic 1 week ago.

view photos

Bruce Adler says:

mcnod:

Thanks!
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

Maria-H:

Do you have a .com or .co.uk yahoo addy?

view photos

aenee says:

I never sign out of Flickr and I have not yet, had an email asking me about my email for the new login ? where are you sending that anyway ??? I'm afraid I get into trouble if I don't have the proper info. Would love to hear from someone.

Microsoft Edge yahoo.com

view photos

spuddie7 says:

I had major problems with my laptop plus one of the browsers. As a result I have had to install a new one. When I signed in on each one I use I had to change my password - via Yahoo to access Flickr.

Am I now going to have to change each password again, when and if I ever get the blue banner? I'm running out of ideas for new ones!

view photos

Petronn says:

MAJOR problem with a try to login with my usual primary mail (gmail)! When I try to log in as usual using Firefox, I got the constant error message to change or remove my login email (address) which I don't want to, or to go to yahoo login page. And yahoo login page keeps me redirecting to the same error message over and over again?!

What the hell is going on?
P.S. This is my backup account, and I managed to login with it, over Chrome, but why I cant do the same with my PRO account over Firefox?!

view photos

Soubrause Family says:

How long will i have to keep logging in twice? why not allow browsers to remember information on that first email entry?
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

The Makerfield Rambler says:

I am one of those using an old, unsupported OS/browser combination which I cannot upgrade; my only option would be to buy a new laptop. Consequently I have never seen the new log-in page, and have been using the workaround that others have described (select "Sign up", then "Already have an account? Sign in"). Today, however, I did see the (in)famous blue banner inviting me to select a different log-in method and choose a new password. Very foolishly - as I now realise- I did exactly that. Guess what? I still can't see the new log-in page! To my very great relief, the afore-mentioned workaround, using my OLD yahoo address and OLD password, still gets me in - but for how much longer?? Nightmare!

view photos

kmacgray says:

Petronn:

Try temporarily disabling any anti-virus protection you may be running, or add an exception for Flickr. My anti-virus app was the initial cause of problems using Firefox to migrate my login, where I would end up in the same loop that you describe.

view photos

An_Anteros says:

kmacgray:

Thanks for the advice, I tried it, but it was not relevant. However, with the help of Flickr stuff, I managed to enter with the usual login, which is nice.

However, when I logged in, my safe search settings are a mess - I can't control them anymore, so it seems it is always some game with Flickr.... :(
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

An_Anteros:

However, when I logged in, my safe search settings are a mess - I can't control them anymore,

How so?

Can you give us some details?

view photos

An_Anteros says:

Hi Mabel, sure, thank you.

Under the Account Settings ---- SafeSearch ----- Privacy & Permissions ----- Content filters ------ Search setting, on Edit, there is only this line:

You need to sign in again to change this setting. (We'll bring you right back.).

There are no usual setting to make search (and content) safe, medium or off, resulting that I cant see, for example, any group that have enabled moderate or/and restricted content as well

Of course, signing in and out doesn't help...

view photos

Maria-H says:

Ian Cundell:

Do you have a .com or .co.uk yahoo addy?

Sorry about the delay in answering this - my Yahoo address is .co.uk

view photos

An_Anteros:

Under the Account Settings ---- SafeSearch ----- Privacy & Permissions ----- Content filters ------ Search setting, on Edit, there is only this line:

You need to sign in again to change this setting. (We'll bring you right back.).

There are no usual setting to make search (and content) safe, medium or off, resulting that I cant see, for example, any group that have enabled moderate or/and restricted content as well

Of course, signing in and out doesn't help...

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I advise to contact Support, alert them to the bug and ask for a fix.

EDIT. Have you tried changing language? For instance French or Spanish? In any case a different one from what you are using now (not German!)
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

dollywings [ Pat ] says:

Can someone from SmugMug please clear up the the query over the colour and position of the new sign in banner
There is a blue one at the top of my photostream and its been there
several days which is not the colour or the place it said in the official
thread from SmugMug.
We have had no mention that its changed colour or position !

view photos

Petronn says:

Just tried, to Spanish, all same :(
And yes, I did contacted support, still waiting for answer... Not a great service for a PRO account, with trouble over it for more than three days now..

In any case, thanks for advises :)

view photos

Petronn:

I gather you are this person:
An_Anteros posting from an alternative account?

view photos

noluck says:

a friend of mine wants to start using flickr – however, the registration page is still pointing to Yahoo*... any plans / ideas when folks will be able to directly register with the new internal service? thanks for any hints!

(* and it doesn't seem to make much sense to only register with Yahoo to register with flickr and very soon migrate out of the Yahoo login ,-)
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mcnod says:

noluck:

any plans / ideas when folks will be able to directly register with the new internal service

Soon
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707334766574/#reply7...

view photos

noluck says:

Thanks, mcnod – I obviously overlooked that post :-O

view photos

Crest Pictures says:

My older iMac where I store and process my photos does not support the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome or any of the others you are asking me to upgrade to this morning. And now I am not even able to even log in. I'm writing this from our laptop which doesn't do me a lot of good, except to convey my problem here. CAN I STILL USE MY OLDER VERSION OF FIREFOX OR AM I DOOMED? Seriously, we're only using Flickr Pro for this purpose.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Crest Pictures:

Which version of Firefox are we talking here? And which version of OSX?

view photos

Crest Pictures says:

Mac 10.6.8

Firefox 48.0.2

I've already looked into upgrading my system, but even if after a long process of upgrading I still might not be able to support Mojave. And, even if so, I might then not be able to use my current version of Photoshop since it's fairly old too.

I'm looking for answers from Flickr support. Yesterday it was working just fine.

view photos

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska says:

Oh gosh... I'm starting to feel terrified...

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

dollywings [ Pat ]:

several days which is not the colour or the place it said in the official
thread from SmugMug.
We have had no mention that its changed colour or position !

Flickr's own blog video shows a blue banner.
blog.flickr.net/en/2019/03/04/flickr-login-freedom-is-here/

I'm yet to see a banner yet..

(101 to 200 of 398 replies in [Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads