Latest: 4 days ago

Current Discussion

Placing images on the map not working
Latest: 81 seconds ago
updating photos gets deleted
Latest: 5 minutes ago
Flickr not generating zip file
Latest: 40 minutes ago
Why won’t my photos delete or remove from my album?
Latest: 46 minutes ago
What is going on Explore now?
Latest: 52 minutes ago
How to upload RAW file formats (.DNG, .NEF)
Latest: 63 minutes ago
cannot log in on ipad 2 and flickr app
Latest: 69 minutes ago
Uploads Timing Out Error - Which part is timing out?
Latest: 2 hours ago
Upload from iOS
Pictures disappeared and are now white or blank
Replacing images
Latest: 3 hours ago
Why is a photo appearing as a blank?
Latest: 3 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

Hi everyone,
As we’ve discussed many times, the Flickr and SmugMug teams are hard at work on the gargantuan task of moving all of Flickr’s back-end systems off of Yahoo/Oath/Verizon infrastructure and onto our new home in Amazon’s AWS. You can read more about this ongoing process in this note from our CEO and Chief Geek, Don MacAskill.

We’re currently doing the switchover for video, which means we’re going to have some video downtime for the next few days, beginning tomorrow morning, March 1 (around 7am PST).

What this means for you:

1. You’ll still be able to upload new videos as you normally do, but they will not fully process and be ready for playback until this migration work is complete. We will automatically process all videos that have been uploaded during the downtime as soon as video is back up and running.

2. All video playback on Flickr will be temporarily disabled. You’ll be able to see the preview thumbnail for previously-uploaded videos, but you won’t be able to play them for a few days until this migration is complete.

3. Video downloads will be temporarily unavailable until this work completes:
a. You won’t be able to download an individual video from its page or from the Camera Roll.
b. If you download an album that includes videos, you’ll get any photos, but not the videos it
  includes.
c. If you request a download of all the data in your entire account, processing of that
  request will be delayed by a few days. You’ll still be notified by email when that request
  has been completed; it will just take a little longer than it otherwise would.

[Edit: Please see updates below]

We hate downtime as much as you do (maybe even more!), but this is a necessary step to get video up and running on AWS. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and committed to getting the new system operational as soon as possible.

The good news? We expect video uploads to be significantly more reliable after things are fully switched over. And Pro members will get to start taking advantage of the new Pro perk of 10-minute video playback! We hope you love it.

=========================================================

2019.03.20 Update
1. Videos uploaded since last night should be processed and ready for playback very soon, if they aren't already completed. All future videos will be processed immediately after upload.
2. As promised, videos that were uploaded during the downtime were queued for processing. We're now working through the backlog as fast as we can, so you should already be seeing these videos starting to become playable.
3. There is no action needed to get your queued videos to process -- they'll be done as soon as the job gets to them. We're adding server capacity to make this run even faster.
4. Videos that have been processed are now available for download from their individual page, as you'd normally expect.
5. The only step remaining is to ship an update to the mobile apps supporting our new video back-end. That's coming ASAP.

2019.03.10 Update
1. Web playback works for all videos uploaded before this migration began! Mobile is coming soon.
2. Downloading all videos uploaded before this maintenance began now works!
3. New video uploads are still being queued for processing and will be available as soon as the remaining work is completed.

2019.03.07 Update:
1. Downloading of albums that include videos now works!
2. Requesting a download of all the data in your account now works, including the videos!
3. Downloading an individual video doesn't yet work, but there's an easy workaround -- simply put the video you need in an album and make sure that album contains at least 2 items total (adding any other photo or video will do the trick). Then you can successfully download the album and get the video.

Read the rest of the update here:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215767...
(latest update) www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215769...
(latest update) www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215770...
Posted at 5:19PM, 28 February 2019 PDT ( permalink | reply )
adstads (staff) edited this topic 5 weeks ago.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next →
(801 to 869 of 869 replies in [Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime)
view photos

gunzel412 says:

rowelsamuels:

I saw something somewhere else that mentioned logging out and back in again. Have you tried that?
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

micael18 says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

Thanks for that! When I downloaded the video, it came as an MP4-file. Perhaps, it has been converted? Either on Flickr, OR in Google Chrome, on it's way to my computer?

I started the video, which SHOULD be a WMV-file, and while it was playing online, I rightclicked, and clicked on "Save video as...". Amd it was an MP4-file.
micael18 edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

gunzel412:

I saw something somewhere else that mentioned logging out and back in again. Have you tried that?

Thanks. I used the brute force method of deleting and then re-downloading the app and, therefore, having to log in again. You're probably right and all I probably had to do was log out and re-log in!

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

Dear Flickr Staff.

Since the transfer period to new servers, my videos have been processed into interleaved videos producing ghost images of frames within frames. It's affecting the visual quality or my newer uploads.
Any idea as to why this is happening?
Also, since the introduction of the ten-minute video upload, there have been no updates to the help pages.
If there have been changes to the upload specifications and requirements then please inform us.
Older videos posted before the server change have not been affected.
So please, what has changed and why?
Will all future uploads be interleaved?
If not, how can it be avoided, please?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

view photos

Таська Юрьевна says:

Почему не могу зайти с мобильного приложения ??ввожу и адрес и пароль и ничего не происходит!!!

view photos

benokeson says:

Just deleted my Flickr app and re-downloaded it to try again. It will not let me sign in now. "Flickr doesn't recognize the API key this application is trying to use". Are changes in progress for tonight that results in this error??? Thanks.

view photos

benokeson says:

In my more than 30 years in change management and operation management I have always preached, taught, and executed based on keeping users and interested parties apprised on of the status of major changes in systems at regular and frequent intervals. I just cannot understand the reluctance of SmugMug leadership to keep us regularly apprised of activity and status of this major movement of data from one platform to another. SmugMug is a recognized and well-tought-of brand that serves many clients.

I would assume that they received a significant number of new paying clients in January 2019 from Yahoo's Flickr. I understand it is a big job to take on the transfer of enormous amounts of photo data and to replace the iOS and Android apps that many people use daily. In the five weeks since this effort kicked off, we have received just 3 minimal updates (essentially none since March 20). It does appear that still photo transfers have been accompished and video transfers (with some exceptions) are near completion. The Flickr app, however, has become essentially useless for viewing and no word of prospective new apps is offered. And as of 6pm EDT tonight, a download of iOS Flickr will no allow me to log in due to an API error.

Please, PLEASE, provide your client base with your best estimate of when the Flickr app will again be functional!!!!! Thank you.

view photos

jschumacher says:

benokeson:

Flickr hasn't been good at communicating with us but if you look here www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707756026625/#reply7... you'll see that they are aware of the problem and are working on a revision of the app.

view photos

Oak.Brook says:

・Have you ever purchased a hot dog with no meat/buns?
・Have you ever purchased a mock-up model of PC/cellphone?
・Have you ever purchased a concert ticket for no performance?
・Have you ever purchased a movie ticket for no play?
・Have you ever purchased a flight ticket for no flight?
・Have you ever purchased a Flickr "PRO" for so many troubles?
Oak.Brook edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

shandrew says:

Cube Ace .:

Regarding "ghost images of frames within frames", can you post some screen captures of what you mean by this? Which videos are you seeing that on?

Thanks!

view photos

Eagle-77 says:

I am not too bothered about the time my videos take to process or even if I am getting white thumbnails - I just cannot upload in the first place from my PC! I have been trying all afternoon to up load a 90 seconds, 147,000 KB, MP4 file without any success. Often, when I first "Add" I get the loading circle in the lower right corner and then the dancing red and blue circles. After a while I then get "The file failed to upload" and another box stating "One file timed out." Another time it will refuse to get even as far as the loading circle before "Timing out." It is not exactly a large file is it? It is the same on both Firefox and Chrome. I had the same issue a couple of weeks back but did manage to upload in Chrome using the Old Uploader. Today even that seems to be no longer available. I have tried different file formats but all without success. Can anyone suggest a work-around please?

view photos

Geminiature Nature+Landscape Photography Mallorca says:

Eagle-77:

This afternoon I was having this also for some hours with the same failures as you. I gave up.

Now I look at my photostream again and the video is suddenly there?! Without that I even clicked on 'upload this photo' in the right corner, as it was never ready to publish!

view photos

Eagle-77 says:

Geminiature Nature+Landscape Photography Mallorca:

If that happens I will probably have a least half a dozen copies of it ;-))
Right now it will not even get through the 'circle' phase of the process. I have given up on Flickr videos ;-(

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

shandrew:

Hi Shandrew.
Sure if it will work here.

interlaced video

The left is my original footage and right is what I get if I either view the video on Flickr or download it and play it back. Flickr's recompression hasn't affected the quality as much but the constant overlaying of frames all the way through makes the video look soft when played back. It was 746MB on upload and when downloaded came back at 212MB. This has only happened since the switch over and the ability to upload 10-minute videos. At least I can upload up to 800MB files and up to eight and a half minutes but the files just look awful on playback so haven't made any of those files public until I can get something sorted out. The files are in MP4 format. I can do HEVC as well but they come out with a black screen start. I would rather be back limited to three minutes than this.

[Added info]

The only file differences I can find from the video data other than the further compression is that the frame rate of the Flickr version has been changed from my original 29.970fps to a rounded 30fps and the Format settings, GOP has changed from M=3, N=90 to M=3, N=30.
Cube Ace . edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

I Jacobson Photography says:

Eagle-77:

Same problem here. I can't upload or reupload videos, as every time I've tried they have timed out.

I have a video (MP4) I uploaded back in January that is a bit over 4 minutes long and it still cuts off at 3 min. Shouldn't it be playing its full length by now?

I thought about uploading it again, but like I said, video uploads will time out no matter which uploader I use. I tried uploading with both the old uploader and the new.

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

I Jacobson Photography:

I've been using the upload page on my Flickr stream and can upload any length up to the ten-minute limit but only at certain times of the day. Mainly when most of the USA is asleep. It could be a server bandwidth problem or an internet connection speed thing. Mostly I get timeouts when files take more than four minutes to load. My problem is what happens to the files once processed here. I think only files that have been uploaded before the switchover date have been allowed to go beyond the three-minute cutoff point and of course still have to be under 1gig in size and a maximum of 1920 x 1080 resolution. It would help if Flickr updated its upload information requirements page for video upload requirements. Then there is the problem of security. There is no setting to prevent video downloads. OK, they won't get a like for like video file that was uploaded but then again if you download a video you put up yourself it won't be the original file size.

I think we are all aware that Flickr is not cloud storage and should not be used as a safe place for off-site image storage, but sometimes the file size differences are quite large compared to the original files.

view photos

Eagle-77 says:

I Jacobson Photography:

and Cube Ace .:

It is now 11:00 British Summer Time and I would imagine most of US will be fairly quiet. I have a cable service up loading at 6 mbps which I think will be as good as we get here. Still I am being timed out. The red/blue circles were dancing quite happily but, just to see what was happening, I also pressed the blue 'Upload 1 photo' button. That showed the red loading band at about 2/3rds but there it stopped until the message "This file failed to upload" and "One file timed out" appeared. In the upload box itself I also got "Bonk! Errors must be fixed before you can continue." and "1 photo has timed out - go back and fix errors." What errors could those be? How can I fix a timing out when the file is so small anyway (147,000 Kb)? I am not trying to store this, just show it! So frustrating - but there are larger problems in the world ;-)

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

Eagle-77:

First I would check your actual upload speed with something like speedtest.net. and do several tests to find out your average upload speed. At least you will know if the problem is at your end or not.
I do agree that timing out errors are not pleasant and should be a thing of the past but alas it appears not to be. If it's any consolation I don't manage an upload complete every time although only on video. Trying to upload too many images at a time may cause problems though. I seldom do more than eight at a time and I've never managed, say twenty images in one upload.
My upload speed averages 1.2MBps.

view photos

Lucky Grandpa says:

Hi,

I have found that the new Flash based uploader never works for me. Maybe because I have a modern Apple Mac and they don't support Flash.

I found that the "Old Uplodr" works fine - except today its has stopped working as well. Perhaps it will resume its usual excellent functioning soon?

view photos

Eagle-77 says:

Cube Ace .:

and Lucky Grandpa:

Well it's worked at last. Good job you cannot see me doing the backflips and cartwheels ;-) In truth, the main Flickr upload still would not accept it but when I used the "Old Uploadr" (which would even connect yesterday much less upload) it did so with no problem. Of course, it's not that exciting a video and I doubt many will look but, still, it is there at last !!!
Out of interest I did test my upload speeds on two sites and they read 6.02 mbps (Speedtest) and 6.17 M/ps (Broadband Speedchecker) so it cannot have been line speed alone causing the original failure.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

Lucky Grandpa:

I have found that the new Flash based uploader never works for me.

Which uploader are you referring to please? Because the uploader under the cloud icon is not flash based.

view photos

Suziecd/tv says:

Am i missing something here, you can upload a 10 min video but it only plays the first three minutes lol, what a waste of time

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

Eagle-77:

Mbps? in which case that's half my upload speed on a good connection and could be a reason I'm not having quite as much trouble as you seem to be having.
I do feel the timeout limit is much too low here. There is never an easy way to test the actual upload speed at any one time. It's possible even if it's fast at your end, to get a slow line somewhere between you (or me) and the server. The internet is like interconnecting roads and seldom do we get the same route twice, sometimes being taken down slower speed limit lanes to the final destination. See if your timeouts occur around the four-minute mark. That seems to be the limit at my end.

view photos

Paul's World Tour says:

Hi All
PRO videos play for up to 10 minutes. Videos less than 10, play at normal length. Videos over 10 minutes, play the first 10 minutes.
At [2pm EDT Iup loaded a 85 meg video in 50 seconds and the video processed in 5 minutes.
I only use a computer for uploading, and since April 1 Flickr is operating normally.
I agree that Mbps is the key to uploading videos, since videos normally have a larger file size. I have 20 Mbps upload [100 download] speed. Normally upload speeds are less than download speeds.
Use www.speedtest.net/ to test your up and down load speeds.

view photos

Suziecd/tv:

Am i missing something here, you can upload a 10 min video but it only plays the first three minutes lol, what a waste of time

My eight minute video played all eight minutes. No waste of time. Perhaps this feature has not been rolled out to your account.

view photos

micael18 says:

Paul's World Tour:

Your Charleston2004A-video don't play well - neither online, or on my computer

Windows 7
Windows Mediaplayer and played offline, on Google Chrome

view photos

Suziecd/tv says:

Paul's World Tour:

Thank you so much for the info, most grateful to you for your time

view photos

Ayman Sabi says:

I am having a similar problem. Could you please let me know What browser and system do you use?

Thanks,

view photos

shandrew says:

Cube Ace .:

Thanks Cube Ace for helping to track this down! We should definitely not be converting these videos to 30 fps; they should continue to be 29.97 fps. Our video dev team will be working on getting a fix out for this soon.

(I work on the SmugMug.com ops team but am particularly interested in video)

view photos

Suziecd/tv says:

Thank you for your valuable time Mabel. I think have it figured now ie 10 mins for pro only, i tried it initially on another account but hopefully can do it all on this one

view photos

Ayman Sabi:

I am having a similar problem. Could you please let me know What browser and system do you use?

The ten minute video playback is a feature for PRO only. You are posting from a Free account.

view photos

Suziecd/tv:

Thank you for your valuable time Mabel. I think have it figured now ie 10 mins for pro only, i tried it initially on another account but hopefully can do it all on this one

Ah yes, if you tried it on a Free account, you would not get the ten minute playback, try and see what happens if you upload a ten minute vid on the account you are posting from now.

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

shandrew:

Thank you for such a prompt and clear answer so soon.
I'm glad to see the team taking notice of possible bugs and pleased to hear it's not a fault at my end.
I would have spent masses of time trying different fixes at my end as I believe most problems are usually user error.

When this is all up and tickety-boo, could someone also update the help page referring to video upload requirements as that may cut down on speculation and people complaining unnecessarily?

I really appreciate the efforts you people go to, as it must be as frustrating for you as it is for us.
Thank you.

view photos

shandrew:

(I work on the SmugMug.com ops team but am particularly interested in video)

So if I understand correctly you are a UFS, Unidentified Flying Staff ?

(Not easy to recognize you as such without an identifying badge :) )
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

Paul's World Tour:

The truth is, most internet providers don't give their customers a very high upload speed.
In the UK it's hard to find a supplier that will give a higher upload speed unless you are paying for a business connection. I have a 22megabytes per second download speed but only around 1.2megabytes upload speed on a good day. I would rather have half the download speed and a higher upload speed instead.
It varies from country to country and the setting for a timeout should reflect that. Particularly if the server is some distance away.
There are a lot of things we don't know or shouldn't need to know if things worked as they should.
Hopefully, at some future point, things will eventually settle down into a nice new home for Flickr users.
We don't even know what sort of mess Yahoo left behind them for SmugMug to sort out.

view photos

Eagle-77 says:

Cube Ace .:

I am not technically minded but, if it is mainly to do with upload rates, why does the 'Old Uploadr" work when the main one doesn't (for me anyway)?

I have to agree with your comment about download verses upload rates. I rarely download but can get 110 mbps whereas I have no option but to accept a miserly 6.02 mbps upload and that's with a cable rather than a telephone connection.

view photos

ColetteSimonds says:

Eagle-77:

I am not technically minded but, if it is mainly to do with upload rates, why does the 'Old Uploadr" work when the main one doesn't (for me anyway)?

I have to agree with your comment about download verses upload rates. I rarely download but can get 110 mbps whereas I have no option but to accept a miserly 6.02 mbps upload and that's with a cable rather than a telephone connection.

I don't have a fast upload rate. But I have had problems uploading videos to Flickr,, time after time. With the same upload rate, I have no problem uploading them to Vimeo. Again, Flickr is far from being a good video hosting site. It might become it, but it's not now. Video quality is far better after upload to Vimeo. So, I have always thought that before jumping into 10 minutes of boring videos, It would have been much better to work on the bugs first. Personally I am done with uploading videos to Flickr. Vimeo has a free option and it's so much better for videos.

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

Eagle-77:

I have thought about this since my last reply, and if the reply shandrew gave me to my original question is a problem with the uploader not processing the videos to the correct frame rate but rather rounding the frame rates off, then maybe that is a part of the upload problem causing timeouts as well.
As I'm not a developer so I can only guess and hope a solution is found, hopefully in the not too distant future. This has been happening one way or another for a long time on Flickr. We should at least give the new team time to work through any unforeseen problems that may have occurred during the changeover. Hopefully, it will be the last piece of the problem of getting the uploads to work as they should.

The other observation I've had is large download speeds only benefit households who have several people online at one time. If you have a few people in a household, most of the download bandwidth goes to waste.
The upload limits imposed by suppliers may be to protect servers up to a point from being overloaded with data giving a similar result to that of a denial of service attack, but again I can only guess.

Soon when 5G comes into service, landlines will seem glacial by comparison. Then we will see.
Cube Ace . edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

pearlalexa says:

I cannot play my videos at all! I had a free account and now have purchased to pro account... I am not even receiving a response from Flickr
can someone help me get my vids to play?

view photos

Here is a quick follow-up to my previous post:

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I had an MP4 video (4:48 long) that I had managed to upload back in January. The video was playing fine all this time but would always cut off at the 3 minute mark even though I have been PRO since last November.

When I came to check out this thread, I noticed that some of you were able to upload and view videos within the 10 min limit, so I just couldn't understand why is that my video was only playing 3 minutes. So I went ahead and uploaded it again. I used the Old Uploadr and Firefox on a Mac. After several failed attempts - maybe 7 times? - it finally uploaded! And guess what? It plays its total length now.

So, my advice to those of you struggling with the same issue is to try and upload your video again.

I am including a link to the video I just managed to upload:

www.flickr.com/photos/143899842@N06/40605015943/in/album-...

Hope this helps!

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

Excitement here today when I saw a new version of the iOS Flickr app installed. However, what it does is require you to re-login, presumably to solve the problem such as I had with the previous new version, where you couldn't see anything at all until you logged out and then back in again. Still doesn't play uploaded videos. I'd love to be given a time scale for this .. I don't care if it's 1 day or 100 days, I'd just like the courtesy of being given an estimate, however rough - I don't think that is too much to ask of Smug Mug / Flickr management after well over a month of waiting for everything to fall into place..

view photos

pearlalexa says:

I agree... I upload all my family pics and videos from my iPhone to flickr to free up space on my phone... I have no way of watching these vids any other way.. I cant even remove them from Flickr to save else where very frustrated.

view photos

micael18 says:

pearlalexa:

Have you tried downloading on your computer instead of the phone?

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

micael18:

In my case that's not really the point. They start off on my PC and I upload them to Flickr so that family members all over may see them - most of them using the Flickr app. That's how I want to organise it and have organised it for many, many years ... except for this past month plus. Yes, there are always way around things but that's hardly the point. I can also use Google Photos or OneDrive photos, but I've chosen to use Flickr. That may change.

view photos

dolly21749 says:

My videos only play the first three minutes also. I am a pro member so they should play up to ten minutes.

view photos

pearlalexa says:

I have not tried downloading on computer... I take pics with my phone and they auto upload to flickr.. At least they use to. So now they are all on Flickr. I don't know how to get them off flickr to another place...

view photos

micael18 says:

Deleted, because of wrong person, I quoted. Sorry! Not my day............
micael18 edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

hereinmalibu says:

Video embed code does not work in Movable Type. Pre-SmugMug vidoes are fine. New uploads do not play.

I have contacted Flickr multiple times via Twitter, the so-called 'help' email option, and posted here. Absolutely no response.

However when it came to the annual charge for my Pro account, which has doubled btw, no problem.

view photos

Glenn and Bryn Dixon says:

Over a month since this thread started and I still can’t play ANY video on my PRO account. Almost all of them are 60 seconds or less. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Glenn and Bryn Dixon:

I've just gone through your photostream to try to play your videos.
I could only find one (this one: www.flickr.com/photos/vagabondians/32632272617/in/datepos... ), and it payed fine for me.
Should there be more?
Nionyn_ edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

rlscot says:

Just uploaded a short 6 second clip through mobile and was able to get playback. Was not able to get playback from prior video uploads. Hope this means the mobile downtime is close to an end including prior video uploads before today.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

tedd4u says:

I have the latest Flickr iPhone app (4.11.2, April 9th). I am still seeing two of the issues that have been reported here: 1) no videos play on iPhone. 2) videos uploaded from March onwards have no thumbnails (and also don't play). On web, I see thumbnails and videos play fine.

Here's the response I got from Flickr Support just now. Sounds like they're still working on fixing the iOS app.

I’m so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with videos on Flickr. Due to the recent maintenance and migration of videos on Flickr, videos are currently unavailable on some platforms, including through the Flickr mobile app on both iOS and Android devices.

For more information on the recent video maintenance that took place, please feel free to check out our Help Forum post here:

[Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/​

While I do not have a time frame for when a fix will be rolled out for videos on mobile, as it will require an app update, this is definitely something we are aware of and will be addressing. We appreciate you bearing with us as we continue to migrate off of Yahoo’s servers and onto our own system.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we would be happy to help.

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

tedd4u:

please feel free to check out our Help Forum post here

Thanks - although, since there hasn't been an update since 20th March, checking out this forum isn't a great deal of use other than through helpful user comments such as your own.

view photos

pppagi says:

Uploaded a bunch of videos this weekend (via iphone flickr app) and they all show as "We were unable to process this video" in the photostream. This seems to be a regression as uploading videos from the phones seemed to have finally been working a week or so ago..
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

dolly21749 says:

Does anyone know when we will be able to play 10 minute videos? Mine still stop at 3 minutes.
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mmmVegan says:

I still have videos I uploaded in January that are still processing and have a link that leads me to this forum... So unacceptable... I am paying for this...
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

dolly21749:

The file must not exceed 1 gig but I'm getting videos to play well past three minutes but I think that option is only available to Pro accounts.

TV and Film Locations Transformed at Chatham Historic Dockyard

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

There are still no current guidance notes on the Flickr help page for video upload requirements.
So people have no idea what the optimum file requirements are for smoothest playback or of any playback limitations.

help.flickr.com/en_us/flickr-upload-requirements-HJxVc37jJm

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

Cube Ace .:

There are still no current guidance notes on the Flickr help page for video upload requirements.
So people have no idea what the optimum file requirements are for smoothest playback or of any playback limitations.

Well, they'll maybe get around to updating their documentation when they get around to getting everything working ... like the iOS Flickr app, for example, which still doesn't play videos at all.

view photos

dolly21749 says:

Cube Ace, I am a pro member. I guess I’ll have to check the file size, but I don’t know how to make them smaller if they are too big.

view photos

smoothbi881 says:

I am guessing by what I have read, the mobile versions are still not working. I have tried several times to just watch a short video with not luck.
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC says:

Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC
says:

I uploaded a video this morning and it processed quickly. I then tried to embed the Flickr video in my Wordpress site. My older videos (pre Flickr video overhaul) work fine and play inside my Wordpress site. The new video I uploaded today shows a thumbnail, but will not play inside my Wordpress site. Clicking on the thumbnail just brings me to my Flickr page. Is this something still to be fixed?

Norby
says:

Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC:

We were able to replicate this on other blogs, and are investigating.

-/\/

Any news about the inability to embed videos in Wordpress sites?

Thank you

view photos

dolly21749 says:

Cube Ace .:

I am a pro member. I have a video that is 7:47 min. long and is 217 MB. It still stops at the three minute mark. I am getting frustrated because we are now being charged twice as much with the promise of videos being able to play for 10 minutes. Mine still stop at 3.

view photos

dolly21749:

Dolly - I had the same problem with a video that I uploaded back in January. Video is 4:48 but it would always stop at 3 minutes.The solution to that was to upload it again. That fixed the problem. Good luck.
Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Angel-Dust :) says:

My question is very simple, really very simple:

Is Flickr going to work properly someday?

AD

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

Angel-Dust :):

My question is very simple, really very simple:

No-one seems to know and I think the Smugmug/Flickr customer service team closed shop for Easter a good few weeks ago. Or maybe there is no customer service team?

view photos

Angel-Dust :) says:

rowelsamuels:

"Or maybe there is no customer service team?"

LOL ! I think that's the right answer.

Thanks to you

AD :)

view photos

kmacgray says:

Angel-Dust :):

Yes.

This has all been explained by staff.

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

kmacgray:

Well, the last time staff explained anything here at the top of this forum was 20th March, which you might agree was quite some time ago. They have never said how long anything might take (understandable), but we do not get regular updates, which would help. For example, the iOS Flickr app does not display videos and, in some cases, their thumbnails, and has not done so for many weeks now. And there are of course other problems, as mentioned in various posts, above.

I do think that paying and non-paying users are due some sort of explanation as to why it's all taking so long, as opposed to an "it'll be ready when it's ready, so don't have the cheek to be impatient or impertinent" attitude.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next →
(801 to 869 of 869 replies in [Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads