Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime
Latest: 51 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 77 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Update on Creative Commons licenses and “In Memoriam” accounts
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Official Thread] Timeline extension for free Flickr accounts over 1,000 photos + videos
Latest: 12 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Ongoing improvements & updates to Free & Pro plans
[Official Thread] Updates on speed & stability so far

Current Discussion

How to change the date i've joined on Flickr?
Latest: 7 minutes ago
y
Latest: 25 minutes ago
How many photos do I really have here?
Latest: 37 minutes ago
Rescuing pictures
Latest: 4 hours ago
[ FLICKR STAFF PLEASE HELP! ] A Photo sharing web site have my works for free download which I never gave permission
Latest: 6 hours ago
Flickr Uploader
Latest: 6 hours ago
Buddy Icon How to find or create
Latest: 8 hours ago
How long does requested Staff review take?
Latest: 10 hours ago
Password
Latest: 10 hours ago
Flickr discussion groups not working
uploaded a video but it is appearing as just a picture
Very slow!?
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

Hi everyone,
As we’ve discussed many times, the Flickr and SmugMug teams are hard at work on the gargantuan task of moving all of Flickr’s back-end systems off of Yahoo/Oath/Verizon infrastructure and onto our new home in Amazon’s AWS. You can read more about this ongoing process in this note from our CEO and Chief Geek, Don MacAskill.

We’re currently doing the switchover for video, which means we’re going to have some video downtime for the next few days, beginning tomorrow morning, March 1 (around 7am PST).

What this means for you:

1. You’ll still be able to upload new videos as you normally do, but they will not fully process and be ready for playback until this migration work is complete. We will automatically process all videos that have been uploaded during the downtime as soon as video is back up and running.

2. All video playback on Flickr will be temporarily disabled. You’ll be able to see the preview thumbnail for previously-uploaded videos, but you won’t be able to play them for a few days until this migration is complete.

3. Video downloads will be temporarily unavailable until this work completes:
a. You won’t be able to download an individual video from its page or from the Camera Roll.
b. If you download an album that includes videos, you’ll get any photos, but not the videos it
  includes.
c. If you request a download of all the data in your entire account, processing of that
  request will be delayed by a few days. You’ll still be notified by email when that request
  has been completed; it will just take a little longer than it otherwise would.

[Edit: Please see updates below]

We hate downtime as much as you do (maybe even more!), but this is a necessary step to get video up and running on AWS. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and committed to getting the new system operational as soon as possible.

The good news? We expect video uploads to be significantly more reliable after things are fully switched over. And Pro members will get to start taking advantage of the new Pro perk of 10-minute video playback! We hope you love it.

=========================================================

2019.03.20 Update
1. Videos uploaded since last night should be processed and ready for playback very soon, if they aren't already completed. All future videos will be processed immediately after upload.
2. As promised, videos that were uploaded during the downtime were queued for processing. We're now working through the backlog as fast as we can, so you should already be seeing these videos starting to become playable.
3. There is no action needed to get your queued videos to process -- they'll be done as soon as the job gets to them. We're adding server capacity to make this run even faster.
4. Videos that have been processed are now available for download from their individual page, as you'd normally expect.
5. The only step remaining is to ship an update to the mobile apps supporting our new video back-end. That's coming ASAP.

2019.03.10 Update
1. Web playback works for all videos uploaded before this migration began! Mobile is coming soon.
2. Downloading all videos uploaded before this maintenance began now works!
3. New video uploads are still being queued for processing and will be available as soon as the remaining work is completed.

2019.03.07 Update:
1. Downloading of albums that include videos now works!
2. Requesting a download of all the data in your account now works, including the videos!
3. Downloading an individual video doesn't yet work, but there's an easy workaround -- simply put the video you need in an album and make sure that album contains at least 2 items total (adding any other photo or video will do the trick). Then you can successfully download the album and get the video.

Read the rest of the update here:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215767...
(latest update) www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215769...
(latest update) www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215770...
Posted at 5:19PM, 28 February 2019 PDT ( permalink )
adstads (staff) edited this topic 3 days ago.

(401 to 500 of 653 replies in [Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime)
view photos

kmacgray says:

Henryr10:

I suppose that will be the next outrage.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

rowelsamuels:

There is FlickrMail which could be mailed to everyone, not "one on one" as you sarcastically imply.

No sarcasm there, however you seem determined to fend off any objections to your (impractical) suggestion.
By the way, Support has abandoned Flickr Mail, we are now briefed via emails to our contact address. And I do consider sending emails (as well as any type of internal message) as 'one on one", seeing the designated, unique recipient, in contrast with addressing the Flickr members as a collective in a forum.

rowelsamuels:
And the forum is pretty obscure, in at least as much as I don't think I've ever looked at it in all my years as a Flickr member, until now.

Well I guess it all depends upon how to go about exploring a site's features where you lead part of your online life.

EDIT: Actually you posted on here on July 10, 2007 ;-)

view photos

monsieur-g says:

Hello forum en-us, but it's too late for the last 2 acts of revolt yellow vests in France in my videos
monsieur-g edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

kmacgray says:

monsieur-g:

Okay.

view photos

monsieur-g says:

kmacgray:

thank you for your contribution, which perfectly answers my problem

view photos

law63118 says:

We never had any problems from flickr before you guys started to charge annual fees.
The flickr pro accounts deserve to get the full refund of their paid annual fees this year.

view photos

freeedom1 * Back.....slowly " says:

What a disgrace all this is.I am paying good money for something i cannot use.I still cannot view my videos and neither can anybody else.
It all seems about money and no service or customer care.
I am NOT happy with all this.
I want a refund just as im entitled to if i purchased anything else that did not work.

view photos

law63118 says:

freeedom1 * Back.....slowly ":

A full refund of annual fee is the sincere apology we derserve!
You guys should have done all these maintenance before you start to change the annual fee.

view photos

Pacdog says:

law63118:

You guys should have done all these maintenance before you start to change the annual fee.

I actually agree with you. That said I do not see refunds coming. In the past Flickr has gifted pro account extensions, but not holding my breath for that either, but would be a nice gesture on their part considering all the issues..

view photos

kmacgray says:

law63118:

We never had any problems from flickr before you guys started to charge annual fees.

That is completely untrue.

view photos

law63118:

We never had any problems from flickr before you guys started to charge annual fees

FYI, Flickr started charging "annual fees" from its inception, 2004.

About "Problems": here are forum search results about "uploading problems", note the number and note the different years these problems were reported...

www.flickr.com/search/forum/?q=uploading+problems&pag...

view photos

law63118 says:

kmacgray:

I have been using Flickr for a few years. During these years I’ve never encountered any problems. Maybe there were problems before I started using flickr that I didn’t know about.

view photos

kmacgray says:

law63118:

Flickr has always had problems at times. It's a website on the internet. It just comes along with the territory.

If you only joined in 2015, then how can you say the site never had problems?

view photos

law63118 says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

I didn’t know flickr at that time. I joined flickr a few years ago. It was all good experience.

view photos

law63118:

I didn’t know flickr at that time.

Again: Just click on this link, then you will know that there actually were problems too, both with paid and with Free, in retrospect:

www.flickr.com/search/forum/?q=uploading+problems&pag...

Note the different years.

view photos

law63118 says:

Are you the employee of flickr?

view photos

law63118 says:

kmacgray:

I didn’t know Flickr exited before 2015.

view photos

Pacdog says:

All employees of Flickr will have a "Staff" icon..

view photos

kmacgray says:

law63118:

Yes, they've been around since 2004.

Also, why does it matter if Mabel is a staff member or not (she isn't)?

view photos

Pacdog says:

Flickr was created in 2004. Many help forum regulars who try to help in this user to user forum joined in 2005 ish..

view photos

tjabeljan says:

Since 2006 pro,
No New video’s How long I hv to wait?
Not professional.

view photos

law63118:

Are you the employee of flickr?

Why do you ask me this, if I may ask?

view photos

prdamrcn says:

Any updates?

view photos

John Fogarty says:

Useless thread.
John Fogarty edited this topic 7 days ago.

view photos

John Fogarty:

Wow, that's cheap!

What am I missing?

view photos

David JR3 says:

I am getting a little fed up with the amount of time taken to get the site updated. Perhaps it would have been better to get it running more efficiently before you used pressure tactics to persuade we non Pro users that we had to upgrade to Pro. I paid for the improved access and 10 minute videos but I haven't enjoyed any of that yet. Perhaps a discount or a month or two free might make us more tempted to keep paying next year. I still cant get the videos to run that I told my friends they could see a week or two ago. Yes I want a better Flickr but its not better and I'm payed Pro price and not getting a Pro service two months and more after coughing up my hard earned cash.

view photos

urbandispute says:

Videos are still not running. How much longer is this going to take to fix?

It's interesting that the fee for Pro accounts was doubled, but that the site's service and competence has deteriorated.
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

misi212 says:

It would be nice to have an update again ! A few days become 2 weeks already !

view photos

astriddee says:

My uploaded video ( second try ) from yesterday-afternoon ( 15/03 ) is still processing. We are now on the 16th of March, you are now over two weeks updating/solving this problem. Why does it takes such a long time to have this issue cleared and closed? There are no processing or upload-problems at YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Tumbler, to name a view. Is it so difficould? I don't get it, answer please?

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

astriddee:

here are no processing or upload-problems at YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Tumbler, to name a view. Is it so difficould?

That is because none of those sites are in the middle of transferring their entire and vast content to different servers.

Have you bothered to read any of the sticky threads at the top of the main Help Forum page?

It will be done when it's done, and all will be well.
In the meantime try to keep up with what's happening by reading the Flickr blog and the stickied Help Forum threads.

view photos

LouieLand Adventures says:

Has anyone out there been successful canceling their pro membership and getting a full refund? I think at this juncture with no resolution coming anytime soon that seems like the only option.

view photos

mikek666 says:

Nionyn_:

Would anyone even notice if Facebook or any of the others transferred their content to another server? You make it sound like the process involves removing each piece of data from server one and depositing it in server two, which cannot be the case. There is some issue that has stalled the server change and it might not even be technical one, could be anything, some commercial or legal one for all we know. Maybe Flickr not paying its programmers enough or something. These things happen, but whatever it is it one of the consequences is that Flickr seems paralysed as to how it explains the delay. I don’t bother much with video and can do without it but I feel sorry for those who do. I definitely feel that those members that use the video part of Flickr should be offered something as a good will gesture. My morning/weekend rant over :-)

view photos

slowzlip says:

After an hour struggling to upload videos ("must be my home internet!" "let me try again, one by one!" "the problem has to be me, I don't know how to use Flickr after all!") I finally searched on these forums. Ah well.

It's annoying to pay for a service that's down for weeks, though. Flickr should rectify this for Pro members.

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

Actually you posted on here on July 10, 2007 ;-)
"Actually you posted on here on July 10, 2007 ;-) "

Ha! Caught out! However, that WAS nearly 12 years ago :)

view photos

kmacgray says:

mikek666:

Would anyone even notice if Facebook or any of the others transferred their content to another server?

I certainly noticed when Facebook was down on Wednesday, so yes, they probably would notice such a move.

You make it sound like the process involves removing each piece of data from server one and depositing it in server two

That's exactly what data migration means. Moving bits of data from one storage location to another.

view photos

kmacgray says:

LouieLand Adventures:

getting a full refund

I asked this earlier and didn't get a response, but what exactly are you asking for a refund for? Video is not (yet) a paid feature.

view photos

Nomadic Mark says:

I paid for unlimited uploads including video. Especially video. This has been unavailable for what I consider a long time, others may not think this is an unreasonable timeframe, but as a paying customer I do.

It doesn't strike me as a particularly well thought out migration plan. Equally, based on the issues this site constantly has I wouldn't be surprised if any vidoes I upload during this downtime will need to be re-uploaded as they never get rendered. Time will tell.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Nomadic Mark:

I paid for unlimited uploads including video

Fair enough. But this migration doesn't prevent the uploading of videos. It just delays processing them.

As we've heard in comments from staff, this project is taking longer than they anticipated as they've run into some issues along the way. I'm fairly sure they aren't intentionally delaying the process.

You are correct that people look at this differently. If the same thing were happening in regards to photos instead of videos, I would personally say ok, it takes as long as it takes. They need to get it right.

This video migration thing is an inconvenience for some, but it's certainly not an emergency for anyone.
kmacgray edited this topic 7 days ago.

view photos

micael18 says:

But why not just avoid uploading videos as long as the moving to other servers is going on?

view photos

kmacgray says:

micael18:

I guess some people want to have them uploaded so they get into the queue for processing once everything is back up.

I agree though, they could just wait.

view photos

Time to slow down somewhat...

view photos

MV origami says:

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

kmacgray:

I beg to differ.
Free accounts have a limit on how many videos they can have whereas it is unlimited forPro accounts. That makes it a paid for service if a Pro user.

I'm patiently waiting for this to all go through and have no argument one way or the other yet as the amount of data being shifted must be huge and continuous unless all new uploads are already migrating to the new servers. In which case I don't understand why there is a delay in processing video when images are almost instantaneous. Clarification may lead to better understanding and fewer complaints.

view photos

Tabo Kishimoto says:

Been a long time member since 2006, then Yahoo could not help me with my lost password and created a new account member since 2017. Recent financial hardship and the news of my deletion of max photos. I pooled my money to getting back into the Flickr community and years of friendship. After 3 months of not being able to pay a mere $50, I paid. I do mostly videos now. It's been weeks and still not being able to upload videos. What's going on here??? WE PAY, YOU DO YOUR END OF THE JOB ASAP! Otherwise, I stop paying, refund me and move on with my life, AGREE?

view photos

Tabo Kishimoto:

Yahoo could not help me with my lost password and created a new account member since 2017.

Would it be worth trying if this generation of Support perhaps CAN hook you back up with your old account?

view photos

Tabo Kishimoto says:

kmacgray:
We are paying for it with our hard earned money and I expect them to fix this ASAP. $50 a person per millions of users = millions of dollars earned on their end and they can't fix this??? This is BullSh*t.

view photos

Cube Ace .:

Free accounts have a limit on how many videos they can have whereas it is unlimited forPro accounts.

To my thinking the *ten minute* playing time will be a paid feature.
But not solely the possibility to upload video since that is possible on Free accounts as well.

view photos

txblueyedgal says:

the video i uploaded yesterday still is not processed and it is only like 5 seconds. i can not put it in an album because i do not have another video to upload as this was part of 365.

side note: i am still having issue with photos uploaded via my phone being uploaded multiple times.

my membership is up in july, i have been a pro member since 2006, i would hate to lose all of my photos however $50 is not worth it nor did i think that giving pro and free members the same amount of space was fair. some of the perks for pro members is kinda redundant also. it feels as if these two companies is just seeing dollar signs now and know that we don't want to lose our photos. the original mission of flickr is no longer as it was sadly though i digress

view photos

txblueyedgal says:

Tabo Kishimoto:

yaaass!!

view photos

ff_hero says:

kmacgray:

did you mean to say "outage" ?

view photos

ff_hero says:

kmacgray:

oh, they have been waiting, my friend. rest assured of that.

view photos

kmacgray says:

ff_hero:

did you mean to say "outage"

No, I meant outrage. As in the daily outrage we see here in the help forum every day over the slightest thing.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Tabo Kishimoto:

We are paying for it with our hard earned money and I expect them to fix this ASAP.

How you are going to force staff to move faster? What's your plan?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Cube Ace .:

Free accounts have a limit on how many videos they can have whereas it is unlimited forPro accounts.

That is not accurate.

view photos

ff_hero says:

kmacgray:

oh ya, I agree. it is ourageous how long this has been dragging on.

view photos

DenaKel says:

Update PLEASE? Have they abandoned this site?

view photos

joyceychang says:

How long will this migration take? I uploaded a video yesterday morning and it's still processing

view photos

Dirk Bruin says:

How long will this migration take?
I uploaded a video 4 days ago and it's still processing.

view photos

ovenbird1 says:

Pro member here...I uploaded a video on March 8. It became viewable for one day on March 14 but then reverted to "still processing". It is still not viewable today March 16. What happened?

view photos

dawardfamily says:

I've been a Flickr user for 11 years and a Pro account for most of that time. I love the service generally, but this outage is getting a billy silly. Someone needs to step up and get it fixed SOON.

view photos

freeedom1 * Back.....slowly " says:

I have uploaded a video today - still will not process !
I set it to only me to view it - refreshed the page and its gone back to any member ! Useless !!!! it will not stay on the settings i want.
So annoyed ive paid for this farce.

view photos

Oak.Brook says:

I wonder who can accept the vague expressions such as "early 2019", "a few days from March 1st", and "as soon as possible". No convincing explanation and no professional commitment.

view photos

mikek666 says:

www.glassdoor.co.uk/job-listing/backend-engineer-flickr-s...

Just seen this ad posted online. Put up around 18 days ago, Flickr is looking for a "back end engineer". Soon as they find one everything will be sorted :-)

view photos

Erased comment, after realizing whom ...

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Matt Outdoors:

Mark, the bald bloke and the other one with the painting for ''her'' profile are both paid shills.

No, they are not.
Don't pretend to be stupid.

Comment reported for abuse.

view photos

judicious pizza says:

Nionyn_:

Lol. If my comment is taken down for ''abuse'' then we have no freedom of speech.
judicious pizza edited this topic 7 days ago.

view photos

jschumacher says:

Matt Outdoors:

If my comment is taken down for ''abuse'' then we have no freedom of speech.

That is true. We have no freedom of speech on a privately owned website. Why would you think otherwise?

But, even if we had freedom of speech, we don't have the right to be abusive toward other Flickr members. It's right there in the Guidelines linked below "Flickr is not a venue for you to harass, abuse, spam, impersonate, or intimidate others. So, be polite and respectful in your interactions with other users." Baselessly accusing other members of being paid shills simply because they have a different point of view than you is abusive and such behavior has no place here or anywhere else on Flickr.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

.has Matt Outdoors:

Lol. If my comment is taken down for ''abuse'' then we have no freedom of speech.

in case you haven't noticed, your comment has been removed.
It has nothing to do with freedom of speech - you are using a privately-owned website.
It has to do with you not knowing how to behave.

view photos

kmacgray says:

In my experience, the ones who crow the loudest about free speech actually understand it the least.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

LOL, indeed.

view photos

Hmm... I have a remote hunch I am popular again... but then I wonder why "her" between quotes....

view photos

judicious pizza says:

jschumacher: I wasn't abusive! The comment I left was moaning about two people that continually post quite rude responses to people that are fed up with not being able to post videos on here. I wasn't abusive at all.

view photos

Matt Outdoors:

I wasn't abusive at all.
:
Unfounded accusations are per definition abusive, or even libelous.
And not only on Flickr.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Matt Outdoors:

You were making libelous statements against other Flickr members.

That's abusive in Flickr's book.

view photos

ALGREGOIRE says:

i've been a pro since 2007...even paid during the free year periods...this is the worst thing i've seen from them...it's pretty ridiculous how long this whole thing is taking...and the fact they don't provide updates is just poor customer service...last update on 3/10? seriously?

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Matt Outdoors:

I wasn't abusive! The comment I left was moaning about two people that continually post quite rude responses to people that are fed up with not being able to post videos on here. I wasn't abusive at all.

Nonsense.

Here is what you posted:
Mark, the bald bloke and the other one with the painting for ''her'' profile are both paid shills.
You were definitely being abusive, and also spreading misinformation.

view photos

judicious pizza says:

No offence intended, I'm a gay man my self. I was just trying to point out that all the same people seem to be sticking up for this downtime.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Matt Outdoors:

They are though.

And there you go, doing it again.

Are you really as stupid as you make out?

Neither of those members (or any others) are paid Flickr shills.
Insisting that they are is a really good way of getting yourself banned from the Help Forum.

EDIT:
I see that your latest post has also now been removed by staff.

Lesson: stop throwing around ridiculous and untrue accusations.

view photos

jschumacher says:

Matt Outdoors:

I wasn't abusive!

You most certainly were. Calling people shills is abusive, plain and simple.

view photos

judicious pizza says:

I really couldn't care less.

view photos

mikek666 says:

Flickr please get this video issue fixed or have the courtesy to update Flickr customers on a more regular basis. Otherwise resentment is going to keep building up and there will be a lot more comments like that from Matt Outdoors. This thread is now as bad as a bad Facebook group.

view photos

judicious pizza:

No offence intended, I'm a gay man my self.

This is great. Of all that has ever been directed at me, this is a winner.

ED. Wherever you are now, possibly reading this: I am of the female sex, and by birth.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Well, it looks like Matt Outdoors' account has either self-imploded or has been escorted out. I guess that takes care of that?

view photos

jschumacher says:

Well that's one way to waste money on a pro account.

view photos

In any case the moniker "Matt Outdoors" was prophetic.

And the new name is very aptly chosen, with a view to his comments....

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Pity he wasted his money on a Pro account, eh?
Still, he had only himself to blame.

People, eh...

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

No offence intended, I'm a gay man my self.

This is great. Of all that has ever been directed at me, this is a winner

Yeah. That is one of the more bizarre ones, definitely.

EDIT:
I have been called a few biologically impossible things by a few people, though - always when I kicked their photos from a group because they hadn't bothered to read the rules.
I've no idea why some people think that calling someone names will get them anywhere, when they themselves are at fault.

view photos

The unseen moderators though are now taking more drastic measures than simply removing a couple of comments.
This is the second time that I have witnessed a non-troll account deleted on here, boom, immediately after an offensive comment, like hot from the press...

view photos

Freightcarkid says:

UPloaded 2 videos March 2nd still not processed

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

kmacgray:

Free accounts have an image limit do they not?
That would ultimately limit the number of videos as well would it not?
Admittedly a seemingly high number of videos but a limit nonetheless.

As for those unhappy about the downtime. It's in Flickr's Terms and conditions.

5. Interruptions or Discontinuation of Flickr Pro Services; Changes to Flickr Pro Services and Terms of Use

Flickr reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion and without notice, to suspend, modify, discontinue or permanently cancel the Flickr Pro Services or any portions thereof, including the Subscription Plans and any policies, features and terms applicable thereto. If the Flickr Pro Services, or any part thereof, to which you subscribe are permanently discontinued or canceled by Flickr, your Subscription will terminate, and we will have no further liability to you. You acknowledge that the Flickr Pro Services may be interrupted from time to time, with or without notice, for maintenance, upgrades, system updates or in the event of equipment failure or for any other foreseeable or non-foreseeable cause.

SMUGMUG WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, DISCONTINUANCE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF THE FLICKR PRO SERVICES FOR ANY REASON, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY MEDIA OR MATERIALS ON THE SERVICES.

Which to my mind is the same as quite a few other sites terms and conditions.
So we will just have to wait and see how long this migration takes and be patient.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Freightcarkid:

UPloaded 2 videos March 2nd still not processed

Of course they're not.
This is not a surprise.
You have read the first post from staff in this thread, yes? If so, you know exactly why your videos have not yet been processed.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

The unseen moderators though are now taking more drastic measures than simply removing a couple of comments.
This is the second time that I have witnessed a non-troll account deleted on here, boom, immediately after an offensive comment, like hot from the press...

A total ban is somewhat surprising if solely because of their behaviour in this thread - a ban from the Help Forum would seem to be more appropriate.

I have no idea what else this particular member had been up to around Flickr, though. It's possible that staff had some record of dodgy behaviour elsewhere on the site, and that this was simply the last straw.

Then again, the member could have deleted their own account. Seems unlikely given the fact that they'd spent money on a pro account, but I guess we'll never know.

Life's Flickr's mysteries, eh...? ;-)

view photos

Nionyn_:

Life's Flickr's mysteries, eh...? ;-)

Yeah.
We'll keep our eyes open, to see if it happens again, then we'll know...

view photos

PanopticPV says:

A daunting task to read all the posts here, but many seem to be related to the same issue I am experiencing and equal my personal feeling about that.
Any service provider that has been paid for a service that they can't perform fully, should issue a refund, not to mention a sincere apology. A couple days, annoying, but oh well, a few days more and what's going on there? and two weeks and still no solution?
Yes, I read they are moving the content, etc. etc., but this is free for me no more, I am paying for it, so after a prudent wait (more than prudent actually) here I am, adding my complains to the increasing bulk of complains, and always surprised and amused at how corps react to criticism, invariably.
A poor job, Flickr, really, and you know it.
No, it's not the end of the world, surely, it's just unprofessional and greedy.
Refund, please.
A matter to discuss with the CC I used to pay for PRO for services not properly rendered?

view photos

mcnod says:

PanopticPV:

A matter to discuss with the CC I used to pay for PRO

Don't forget to tell the CC company that you can still upload viewable photos, and that 20k of your uploads are safe from deletion.

PanopticPV:
Refund, please

Lets do the math. 14 cents a day. One video is not viewable out of your nearly 21k posts . . . ok, I'm gonna have to find my old calculator, brb.
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink )

view photos

kmacgray says:

PanopticPV:

Refund, please

Maybe they'll be gracious, but remember we all agreed to this:

"All Subscription Fees are nonrefundable. Upon termination, cancellation or discontinuation of your Subscription for any reason, you will not be entitled to receive a refund for any Subscription Fees or other amounts previously charged to you, or for any unused portion of any Subscription Fees if such termination, cancellation or discontinuation occurs prior to the expiration of the applicable Subscription Term."

www.flickr.com/help/terms

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

Trouble is, it seems that the thread here has been deflected (hopefully, not on purpose) on to discussing trolling posts when the point of it all is that we pro (and non-pro, presumably) users still haven't got playback for videos uploaded from the beginning of March. I may have missed it, but I haven't seen an update from the mods since 10th March. It's maybe about time to hear from them with a progress report????

view photos

kmacgray says:

rowelsamuels:

we pro (and non-pro, presumably) users

This migration affects all Flickr accounts, both free and paid, but many people are getting hung up on the pro thing for some reason.

view photos

rowelsamuels says:

kmacgray:

Thanks. Doesn't really matter, though. Whichever account you have, then, you haven't been able to replay videos uploaded since the beginning of March or late February, so the problem is in no way diminished.

view photos

kmacgray says:

rowelsamuels:

I guess we will just need to keep waiting. Nothing else to do.

view photos

micael18 says:

rowelsamuels:

I have, as you can see, a free account. I can play videos, AND download them, if I want that.

For a day, or two-three ago I could only play videos online, but not play any downloaded ones, if I downloaded an album with pictures and videos - ONLY if I downloaded videos one by one, they were playable on a computer.

So... Just wait to all this "moving-mess" is over - can't find the correct english word for it, unfortunately...

(401 to 500 of 653 replies in [Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads