Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Updates to the Flickr Android App
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Official Thread] Ads on Flickr
[Official Thread] An update on Flickr search
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Flickr downtime on May 22 and site issues since then. [10 SEP UPDATE - MOBILE Camera Roll Is Back!]
Latest: 5 days ago
[Official Thread] Print your photos with Flickr Prints
Latest: 8 days ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 1 week ago
[Official Thread] A new home for your events
Latest: 2 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Flickr Uploadr for Mac BROKEN in macOS 10.15 Catalina
Photos not faved but appeared on fave list.
Latest: 4 hours ago
PhotoStream
Latest: 5 hours ago
Community Guidelines violation?
Latest: 7 hours ago
I can no longer view photos at their full size online.
Latest: 8 hours ago
Just to say that the Lens info is back
Latest: 10 hours ago
From Pro to Free Account
Latest: 14 hours ago
Mosaics are still not working
Latest: 15 hours ago
Some iPhoto items can't be uploaded?
Latest: 17 hours ago
Ads on photostream - blank photo page preventing navigation
Latest: 18 hours ago
Stats difference between Pro and Free
Latest: 20 hours ago
Low picture quality in photostreams
Latest: 20 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

Hi everyone,
As we’ve discussed many times, the Flickr and SmugMug teams are hard at work on the gargantuan task of moving all of Flickr’s back-end systems off of Yahoo/Oath/Verizon infrastructure and onto our new home in Amazon’s AWS. You can read more about this ongoing process in this note from our CEO and Chief Geek, Don MacAskill.

We’re currently doing the switchover for video, which means we’re going to have some video downtime for the next few days, beginning tomorrow morning, March 1 (around 7am PST).

What this means for you:

1. You’ll still be able to upload new videos as you normally do, but they will not fully process and be ready for playback until this migration work is complete. We will automatically process all videos that have been uploaded during the downtime as soon as video is back up and running.

2. All video playback on Flickr will be temporarily disabled. You’ll be able to see the preview thumbnail for previously-uploaded videos, but you won’t be able to play them for a few days until this migration is complete.

3. Video downloads will be temporarily unavailable until this work completes:
a. You won’t be able to download an individual video from its page or from the Camera Roll.
b. If you download an album that includes videos, you’ll get any photos, but not the videos it
  includes.
c. If you request a download of all the data in your entire account, processing of that
  request will be delayed by a few days. You’ll still be notified by email when that request
  has been completed; it will just take a little longer than it otherwise would.

[Edit: Please see updates below]

We hate downtime as much as you do (maybe even more!), but this is a necessary step to get video up and running on AWS. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and committed to getting the new system operational as soon as possible.

The good news? We expect video uploads to be significantly more reliable after things are fully switched over. And Pro members will get to start taking advantage of the new Pro perk of 10-minute video playback! We hope you love it.

=========================================================

2019.03.20 Update
1. Videos uploaded since last night should be processed and ready for playback very soon, if they aren't already completed. All future videos will be processed immediately after upload.
2. As promised, videos that were uploaded during the downtime were queued for processing. We're now working through the backlog as fast as we can, so you should already be seeing these videos starting to become playable.
3. There is no action needed to get your queued videos to process -- they'll be done as soon as the job gets to them. We're adding server capacity to make this run even faster.
4. Videos that have been processed are now available for download from their individual page, as you'd normally expect.
5. The only step remaining is to ship an update to the mobile apps supporting our new video back-end. That's coming ASAP.

2019.03.10 Update
1. Web playback works for all videos uploaded before this migration began! Mobile is coming soon.
2. Downloading all videos uploaded before this maintenance began now works!
3. New video uploads are still being queued for processing and will be available as soon as the remaining work is completed.

2019.03.07 Update:
1. Downloading of albums that include videos now works!
2. Requesting a download of all the data in your account now works, including the videos!
3. Downloading an individual video doesn't yet work, but there's an easy workaround -- simply put the video you need in an album and make sure that album contains at least 2 items total (adding any other photo or video will do the trick). Then you can successfully download the album and get the video.

Read the rest of the update here:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215767...
(latest update) www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215769...
(latest update) www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707238843224/7215770...
Posted at 5:19PM, 28 February 2019 PST ( permalink )
adstads (staff) edited this topic 8 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(1 to 100 of 910 replies in [Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime)
view photos

I Jacobson Photography says:

Thank you for the update! Really looking forward to a more reliable video upload process and the 10 minute playback. I can deal with the downtime. Totally worth it. Thanks again.
Posted 9 months ago. ( permalink )
I Jacobson Photography edited this topic 9 months ago.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

adstads:

Thanks for the info..

It'll be interesting to see how many baffled or outraged posts the Help Forum gets about vids over the coming few days...
;-)

view photos

kmacgray says:

Nionyn_:

I didn't wanna say it, but ...

view photos

"Just an ol' nature boy takin' a picture" says:

adstads:

Thank you for the update. Best wishes with the task at hand.

view photos

NebraskaSC Severe Weather Photography Videography says:

adstads:

Pure Awesomeness! Can't Wait!!!!

view photos

aussiejeff says:

adstads:

Thanks adstads... this timely heads-up is much appreciated!

view photos

excellentzebu1050 says:

thanks for the info.

view photos

enviro warrior says:

Thanks for info and hopefully FLICKR will get even more exciting!!

view photos

lindseywallsphotographer says:

I appreciate the information, as I just uploaded my first two videos yesterday and directed viewers from other social media to view them here. I have put an explanation in the comments section of my photostream to help my viewers. I look forward to posting more short videos on Flickr.

view photos

suttontinsel says:

This is good because nothing has been uploading and I’m a Pro Member. But now I have a new concern: once all is working, as a Pro Member I’ll be able to upload, say, a nine minute video... but will non-pro members be able to watch all of it, or just the first three minutes?

view photos

kmacgray says:

suttontinsel:

The playback limit is being changed to ten minutes from the current three minutes, as noted by staff above:

And Pro members will get to start taking advantage of the new Pro perk of 10-minute video playback!

I'm sure they will confirm this in a separate official topic when this feature is fully ready to go.

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

This is excellent news.
Happy to accept a bit of downtime for the additional video playback time.
So if playback time is to be increased, what file sizes will Flickr accept at that point, please?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Cube Ace .:

I don't believe the file sizes are changing.

view photos

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

suttontinsel:

as a Pro Member I’ll be able to upload, say, a nine minute video... but will non-pro members be able to watch all of it, or just the first three minutes?

Yes, Flickr will transcode the first 10 minutes of Pros' videos for playback, and the first 3 minutes for Free members. Everyone will be able to watch the complete playback duration.

Cube Ace .:
So if playback time is to be increased, what file sizes will Flickr accept at that point, please?

File size limits are not changing, but we expect far greater stability and success when uploading larger video files once we're on the new platform.

view photos

ColetteSimonds says:

adstads:

File size limits are not changing,

Hmm.....maybe I'm missing something. I have a hard time staying within file size limit even with a 3 min video. So how is it supposed to work with a 10 min video? What kind of video quality are we talking about here?

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

adstads:

Thank you for the reply.

Just one last question then if you have the information, please.

Can there be a more comprehensive guide than at present about which video formats are acceptable and the resolutions that are capable of being shown when this comes online?

As far as I can make out, at present, the maximum video resolution is 1920 x 1080p and even then bitrates get compressed further upon upload. MP4 and HEVC seem to have worked in the past. Reasonable resolution within those limitations seemed ok at just below 100MB per minute if you don't go above 30fps. So providing there are no timeout problems in the future it would just be possible to get a ten-minute video to fit within the existing parameters.

view photos

ProfessorHammis says:

Thanks for the heads up, appreicate it :)

ven0m

view photos

Jake S.D. says:

adstads:

When you plan operations that entail major disruption, you should have the common courtesy to let your customers know in advance.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Jake S.D.:

That's what they did, both in this thread and in another official thread posted a week ago. It sounds like you may have missed those statements.

view photos

Nomadic Mark says:

This is great news. I love Flickr for video and hope this improves things.

1GB for a 10 minute video is a bit stingy to be honest. Was expecting better,

view photos

rod1939 says:

Jake S.D.:

Couldn’t agree more, just spent a frustrating hour trying to find out why video wasn’t working to stumble across this announcement.

A email stating what flickr where up to wouldn’t have be the professional thing to do

view photos

kmacgray says:

rod1939:

A email stating what flickr where up to wouldn’t have be the professional thing to do

?

view photos

Dale's Eye View says:

Discrimination over proposed Video Clip length between Pro and non Pro members - GREAT - more lost trade for the new owners whoever they really are ??? !!!

view photos

kmacgray says:

Dale's Eye View:

Discrimination

?

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

Dale's Eye View:

Discrimination

No discrimination, I'm just paying for the extra 7 minutes if I want them. You can have the same if you go Pro, so where's the discrimination ?

view photos

Hansen-Denmark says:

I hope we still have the old uploader after this (it works) :)

view photos

yclept8 says:

Photo uploading isn't working for me most of the time - photo timed out, retries, not there even after successful upload, even trying one photo at a time. There's one that I'm stuck at that simply won't upload, no matter what stage the system fails at. (web uploader, has been flakey the last two days but seriously broken now).

I don't see any buttons to start a new thread, sorry.

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

yclept8:

I don't see any buttons to start a new thread, sorry.

Go to the bottom page 1 of the Help Forum and click on "Create A New Thread" highlighted in blue, that is a link to start your own thread. Good luck.

view photos

spelio says:

Jake S.D.:

I am just patient and have faith and hope that flickr will improve and develop and keep this fabulous community running for many years.

Even after my demise, I would love to know my images may be of some interest to future users and my descendants...

May we never have another NPE....

view photos

spelio says:

Jake S.D.:

I am just patient and have faith and hope that flickr will improve and develop and keep this fabulous community running for many years.

Even after my demise, I would love to know my images may be of some interest to future users and my descendants...

May we never have another NPE....

view photos

Paul's World Tour says:

adstads:

Hi Staff,
Thanks your very complete information about 10 minute videos and other changes.

When 10 minute videos are live, will previously uploaded 10+ minute video files, play as 10 minute videos? Or will PROs have to re-upload their 10 minute video files?

Thanks again for making the best online photo/video online system, even better.

In the last several months, I have trained 60 students on how to setup Flickr accounts, upload photos, create albums and collections.

Many students said "why did I waste time with Apple and Google photos" when Flickr is a far better organizational system for my 500+ photos.

view photos

Adám Vincent says:

Yesterday I saw how my videos do not reproduce and I was worried, now I know that they are making new arrangements in the Flickr, ¿congratulation?

view photos

Konabish ~ Greg Bishop says:

adstads:

When I experienced the problem the link was perfect for getting an answer. Thanks. And a suggestion... Use larger font for the link, possibly as large as the "Currently unavailable" notice.

Thanks for the link!!

view photos

eric.mazaleyrat says:

Any vibility on the duration of the downtime? Two to three days or two to three weeks?

view photos

Lemon~art says:

adstads:
Thanks for letting us know whats going on - it really is a help

view photos

Corina38 bi says:

adstads:

Uhm nice too read the update uploaded video's

got a problem

1.can't see a video from flickr members from my friendlist.See a popup not too see a vid. not avaiilable

2. Can upload a vid from 25mb or smaller too my albums .can't see the vid it is available.

3.searching in the help forum from flickr..find nothing

Corina

view photos

ernstkers says:

Corina38 bi:

got a problem

1.can't see a video from flickr members from my friendlist.See a popup not too see a vid. not avaiilable

2. Can upload a vid from 25mb or smaller too my albums .can't see the vid it is available.

Perhaps read the original posting of staff:

adstads:
we’re going to have some video downtime for the next few days, beginning tomorrow morning, March 1 (around 7am PST).

adstads:
All video playback on Flickr will be temporarily disabled. You’ll be able to see the preview thumbnail for previously-uploaded videos, but you won’t be able to play them for a few days until this migration is complete.

view photos

alpenglowtravelers says:

So no idea of when this process will be completed? A few days? a week?

view photos

ernstkers says:

alpenglowtravelers:

So no idea of when this process will be completed? A few days? a week?

From the original posting of staff:
adstads:
some video downtime for the next few days, beginning tomorrow morning, March 1

view photos

mangopulp2008 says:

adstads:

Thank you for this update, i was puzzled as to why my videos uploaded today are being processed for so long. I am wishing FlickR team a smooth and hassle free migration to the new servers. My video album link is below

www.flickr.com/photos/28370466@N05/albums/72157639448639506

view photos

KaCey97078 says:

Thanks for the notice.. I couldn't understand why the video wasn't working and then saw that there was an explanation... Super, I can deal with the delay when I know it isn't my computer or faulty Flickr..

view photos

Corina38 bi says:

ernstkers:

Thank you for the info&notice,Understand it completly now.👍

view photos

Gia Levrini says:

Mille graze!

view photos

Laurence P Williams says:

adstads:

Unsurprisingly, a lot of Flickr members (including me) and casual 'visitors' were confused about this 'sudden' video upload/playback failure.

Why you feel that the only method of declaring the issue is on the Help Forum is beyond me.

What you SHOULD have also done was to at least have tailored the message on video playback panes to reflect this hopefully temporary hiatus.

This is especially pertinent as the issue, in my case at least, does NOT manifest itself in the way you have declared !

I have a selection of at least 3 different video playback pane declarations (which also vary for the SAME video clip on Camera Roll and Photostream !) ranging from an upload failure to playback failure - some of which are patently incorrect considering the present issue.

I have uploaded examples to my Profile.

Lazy information provision has been made by Flickr to people who you seem to have forgotten are in the large part PAYING customers of yours !!!

We should not have to search out information on the issue caused by your processes, you should inform us more pro-actively....

view photos

Ayon Sinha says:

What is the ETA for the fix? Its been days since the transfer began. This is 2019. In what world is a paid service down for days? Are you issuing membership refunds? I am a Pro member, and now I think I need to get off.

view photos

michellecd_ok says:

Amazon AWS. My headaches every workday. Hope you got more time because everything will be slower now..............

view photos

kmacgray says:

Ayon Sinha:

What is the ETA for the fix

The ETA was provided by staff in the first post of this topic.

In what world is a paid service down for days?

Flickr is not down. If it were, none of us would be able to post here in this forum. The functions related to video have been taken offline so they can be upgraded. This is all explained in the first post.

Be patient, this isn't an emergency. And no, you can't get a refund.

view photos

riveritchen says:

Jake S.D.:

So true well said.

view photos

Papa 54 says:

adstads:

Will you be sending a notification e-mail or something letting us know when the video service is restored?

view photos

zawaski -- Thank you for your visits & comments says:

Is this the end flickr?

Twice as much money this year and over the last few months have seen the panda so many times I actually dislike the photograph now.
There was terrific value when I joined in 2006.
It has been a sweet ride and for the first time not sure if I will renew my PRO account.

sad

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

Papa 54:

Will you be sending a notification e-mail or something letting us know when the video service is restored?

No. Flickr does not send out that kind of notifications. Best is to check the vids on your stream.

view photos

Weekly Whiskers says:

adstads:Are there any plans where Flickr can place banner notifications on top of the pages to alert users of system updates, changes, etc? This surely would help alleviate all the confusion for the users.

Over the past couple days, I thought there was something wrong with my account as my uploaded videos were stuck in "being processed" limbo. I sent an email a few moments ago requesting assistance only to end up down the help forum rabbit hole to discover the issue which was hidden within another discussion thread. I suspect more users will be wondering what's wrong and barrage the forum or email Flickr.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Weekly Whiskers:

Are there any plans where Flickr can place banner notifications on top of the pages to alert users of system updates, changes, etc?

Whenever they've done that, users then complain that such banners are ads, and why is Flickr showing ads to pro accounts, etc., and it just sparks another outrage.

view photos

Weekly Whiskers says:

kmacgray: the alternative perhaps could be a less intrusive menu icon alert notification so people interested can click on it to read the status updates. At least provide systemwide notifications so that all users don't end up barraging Flickr with something that's not even mentioned in their blogs or anywhere obvious on the site forcing users to email Flickr or inundate the help forums.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Weekly Whiskers:

I hear what you are saying and 100% agree communication could be improved, but people are still going to barrage the help forum and support because they don't read the messages that are there on the screen in front of them. This is borne out every day in the help forum. There are even examples of this on this very page.

view photos

mag3737 says:

It looks as if every single video on Flickr currently displays the message "Video streaming is currently unavailable" and "For more information [URL of the Help Forum]". I actually think the communication in this instance has worked out extremely well considering how microscopically few people have gotten as far as complaining here about the lack of videos.

view photos

Σταύρος says:

adstads:

thank you for the update !

view photos

martian cat says:

It now makes sense why I cannot look at my video memories.

I am looking forward to watching videos on Flickr again.

view photos

Married*Forever* says:

I think Flickr could do a better job at keeping members informed on changes/updates. Why not provide the information when signing on and provide a link so members can click on it to go get more information. Putting yourselves in your member's shoes would help you come up with decisions like that.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Married*Forever*:

This has already been discussed above, literally just several comments up. Not everyone signs in and out of Flickr, so they wouldn't see messaging on the login page. I haven't signed out in years.

view photos

ernstkers says:

Married*Forever*:

Why not provide the information when signing on and provide a link so members can click on it to go get more information. Putting yourselves in your member's shoes would help you come up with decisions like that.

If you do the latter, then you know that many people never log out and will log in again because they are still logged in. So that makes that your suggestion will not work.

view photos

The Canon says:

Thanks for this crystal-clear explanation. Perfection would be to have a short version of this message on video links, but I know I’m asking for the moon….

view photos

IainCameron says:

I only wish you had put a notice on the web site when we log in. I only discovered that work was ongoing when I checked on my computer today and saw that there could be an issue and to check the Help forum.

I still have an ongoing problem with the Flickr Application on my smart phone. The App keeps stopping. It is so frustration as it is always showing a message during taking photos or downloading photos just when I do not want a message on my screen that I have to clear or report to flickr. I have reported this 7 times now without any response from Flickr. Why are we paying so much for an inferior service? Maybe thing will improve as the new management team sort out old issues and bring Flickr into the 21st century. Rant over.

view photos

kmacgray says:

IainCameron:

I only wish you had put a notice on the web site when we log in

Please read the previous comments regarding this suggestion, literally a few replies up, before responding.

The App keeps stopping

That issue has nothing at all to do with the subject of this thread, so it is unclear why you are mentioning it here. Best not to derail this topic with an unrelated issue. You can start a new topic here:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/new/

view photos

Lonely Klown says:

adstads:

Cheers for that info

view photos

hile says:

I wish the videos won't be restricted by minutes, rather by file size.
Best option would be to have no restrictions at all, yearly price is quite high to have so many restrictions.

I wish flickr pro members could use advertisements on theire page, to get profit from page views, Google AdSense or similar service. Many blog/web services has this option for members.

view photos

hile says:

kmacgray:

Ayon Sinha:

What is the ETA for the fix

The ETA was provided by staff in the first post of this topic.

In what world is a paid service down for days?

Flickr is not down. If it were, none of us would be able to post here in this forum. The functions related to video have been taken offline so they can be upgraded. This is all explained in the first post.

Be patient, this isn't an emergency. And no, you can't get a refund.

Why aren't you paying attention to customer service, Smugmug?
Your service for videos is down for days, and you take that as granted right to do. Giving few months of free service does not cost you anything, and you might keep your paying customers in the future.

kmacgray:

view photos

kmacgray says:

hile:

Not sure why you are addressing me in your reply.

view photos

Of A Certain Age says:

adstads:

What is the latest estimate on when video playback will be available?

view photos

54StorminWillyGJ54 says:

Thanks for the update! I was starting to panic since I'm a very heavy Flickr user since 2009. *Continues to upload videos happily* xD

view photos

arbarus says:

adstads:

Is there any update as to how long the conversion will take?
Also I assume pro members will be refunded or receive a discount to make up for the amount of time the service they have paid for will not be usable?

view photos

HalfMoon-2000 expats says:

adstads:

This thread began with an explanation as to what was going on with Videos. It went on to clearly state: "we’re going to have some video downtime for the next few days, beginning tomorrow morning, March 1 (around 7am PST)." In this sort of context, most people would take the words "A couple days" as meaning two or three days, "A few days" as meaning three or four days, maybe up to five, and "several days" as three days up to a week. It has now been thrree FULL days so it would seem an answer to the question "How much longer" should be different than just posting "read the beginning of this post". Is it "a few" MORE days? Or a day or two?

view photos

Joplings says:

Thanks for the update. I was just looking to see what was going on, and here is the answer!!

view photos

beantownrunner says:

I am disappointed in how this transition was handled, especially as a paying customer. No advanced warning? (i had to search Google to find this thread.) No ETA? I To me, is another disappointment in in a product which I initially loved but has lacked innovation for many years.

view photos

LuckyToby says:

I agree with beantownrunner. I am disappointed in how this transition was handled, especially as a paying customer. No advanced warning? (I had to search Google to find this thread) No ETA? To me, this is another disappointment in a product which I initially loved (since 2007).
Your work began March 1st and it is now March 4th.
Will you please march forth in an attempt to please your paying customers?

view photos

lucepics says:

While you say it was clearly stated what was going to happen. I like apparently many other users had to struggle to find this help forum. A link on the note on videos which says they are temporarily out of service would save a lot of people a lot of time. I hope you see that there are many users who are not feeling good communication, no matter how many users you get who say thanks now I am completely relieved. Many of those responses seem staged. If you are interested in customer service listening and learning might be better than answering that people who did not see the notice are either stupid or negligent

view photos

thickjesus666 says:

adstads:

How long untill it's back up? P.s check out my page everyone ;)

view photos

pamswatercolors says:

adstads:

I paid money for????

view photos

kmacgray says:

thickjesus666:

Oh, I've checked out your page.
And your buddy icon.
And have reported both to staff.

view photos

NRiasat says:

exactly what time bc u guys give me dead line 10 march n after that u will delete my photos n videos.... so how i can download my videos they all are very important to me plz dont delete until i can download all of them .. kindly open video download option plz

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

NRiasat:

exactly what time bc u guys give me dead line 10 march n after that u will delete my photos n videos...

On March 12 Flickr will begin deleting content in excess of 1000, beginning with the oldest uploads.

NRiasat:
so how i can download my videos they all are very important to me plz dont delete until i can download all of them .. kindly open video download option plz

Go to your Settings, then click on the blue button "Request my Flickr data" at the bottom of the right hand panel.

www.flickr.com/account

view photos

mike_blinov says:

adstads:

A few basic problems the way it is handled:

1. It is already March 4 and 3 days is far more than "few days". In this day of age, it is unacceptable. Imaging Netflix or Wall Mart shutting down for a "few days"

2. Communication of this is horrible. Upload from mobile (i.e. just about all of your users) gets nothing but a "processing" spin. Putting it in help desk forum is like posting a note in your office kitchen. Have you heard about this new tool called email? Or was it your bright minds in marketing that suggesting "let's not tell proactively bad news to our customers, maybe they won't notice". There is no status update of where the process is when it ends, nothing.

3. As a user, I can care less what your backend process/platform is and how complex is the transition. Find a way of doing it without services disruption. If you can't, chances are you have a wrong job.

So yes, royal screw up Flickr and thanks for wasting my time to research an alternative platform and deal with transitioning of my stuff out.

view photos

brumfield.erica says:

adstads:

well it's the 5th and it's still down, if you expect me to get 7000+ off my account yall should give more time because I can't download my videos. I don't want to lose my memories I've had since 2014. I put a lot of trust into this site.

view photos

Ayon Sinha says:

mike_blinov:

Absolutely agree. I even paid for this crappy service and engineering staff. I paid for this year's fees to delay my moving off for a year. Now I will start moving off. No wonder Flickr constantly go bought and sold by loser companies.

view photos

kmacgray says:

mike_blinov:
Ayon Sinha:

Insulting staff isn't going to get you too far, FYI.

Goodbye to both of you. Best of luck elsewhere.

view photos

kforshaw says:

Wow this is getting silly!
No video playback still, I need to clear my phones memory off and need to know my backups are safe but still you're playing about after 5 days!

Can we at least get an official update of ETA of full services again?

view photos

Henryr10 says:

I find it interesting that, in any migration..upgrade...etc., the same people who are complaining about the duration of the process are the first to jump right back in when a rush job has to be debugged.

It will take whatever time it takes.
Gear up, go out and take more photos/videos in the downtime.
This too will pass....

view photos

pijdurana says:

Thanks For The Information! :)
Good Luck! :)

view photos

Tej Dyal says:

Googled "Flickr videos not playing" set search date to last seven days and I got to here :) So now I know. All good. Not a heavy user, so not a pro subscriber. But I would have thought, Flickr should have sent out an email notification of downtime to all users (ay least to pro subscribers).

To those of you that heavily criticise, remember this service is the only service that I am aware of that combines both short videos and photos into a gallery to show off to the public. I am glad we have this as someone who mixes timelapses with astronomy images.

But I suggest to Flickr Management to compensate pro subscribers with perhaps a discounted or free one month subscription for the downtime. My broadband provider credits my account for downtime longer than 24 hours, so Flick should follow that example for pro subscribers.

view photos

afailedukman says:

is it ready yet ? will you let everyone know when it is ?

view photos

Pirlouiiiit - Concertandco.com says:

ETA ?

view photos

brian395 says:

Dale's Eye View:

proper order.... they are moving to a paying model for all and good for them ..I have paid for nigh on 10 years now and worth every penny ... JUST GLAD TO SEE A PROFESSIONAL BUNCH TAKE OVER I was slowly losing it with Yahoo and Oath ...... My biggest gripe still IS THE UPLOADER is not as good as it could be ..it works but it can be a laborious process and prone to having you lose upload and start all over..Please improve this sector

view photos

Oak.Brook says:

Already 5 DAYs.

Is this the "PRO" service and professional jobs of YAHOO!?

No link to this "Help Forum" in the "Help" of Flickr.
Why don't you put a white box of the "Forum" in the "Help"???

Big difference compared with Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft.

view photos

Chris-Creations says:

kforshaw:

Just a friendly suggestion. While your photos and videos are likely safe on Flickr, you should have them backed up in at least one more location if you don't already.

view photos

sadjohn2004 says:

Thank you for this update. Was wondering what had happened. Presume the situation of friends pics will improve also as all i get is a load of pics with no names. Sorry for the moan just hope to see things back to normal soon.

view photos

Matt's Crazy Lens Adventures says:

5 days is completely Unacceptable! Hurry up and fix this issue you amateurs!

view photos

jkim727 says:

Agree with the other posts - this should have been communicated to users ahead of time. This is a paid service.

To clarify - an email would have been expected. Unless there is some notification on the home page i am missing.
jkim727 edited this topic 9 months ago.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

jkim727:

...this should have been communicated to users ahead of time.

Are you kidding?

It was. Read this thread's Original Post.

view photos

robsavage01 says:

Been using flickr for so many years, I am disappointed in the site now. Subs cancelled

view photos

Ayon Sinha says:

The tech leads heading this migration should be FIRED. No questions. There are 9 ways to skin this cat, there should be absolutely no technical reason to shut off service for all subscribers at the same time. This is moronic and they haven't even offer refunds or partial refunds yet. Shame of Flickr and SumgMug. Too smug!!

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(1 to 100 of 910 replies in [Official Thread] (Updated 2019.03.20) Temporary Video Downtime)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads