Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Updates to the Flickr Android App
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] An update on Flickr search
Latest: 15 hours ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Official Thread] A new home for your events
Latest: 6 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Flickr modifying exif data when displaying
Latest: 2 hours ago
I am unable to renew my PRO account in the account page
Latest: 2 hours ago
Sensor Dust
Latest: 3 hours ago
Smugmug terms for photowalk group photos be careful
Latest: 4 hours ago
"Invalid email or password"
Latest: 8 hours ago
What’s the deal with moderated groups?
Latest: 13 hours ago
Batch moving images between albums.
Latest: 16 hours ago
cover photo
Latest: 18 hours ago
There was an error: flickr.collections.createIcon #4
Latest: 28 hours ago
Safe search is always moderate
Latest: 32 hours ago
Photo in maximum number of groups
Group stats photography counter going nuts
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Updates on speed & stability so far

Flickr Staff

Don-MacAskill says:

Hi everyone,

I’m SmugMug’s Chief Geek & CEO. Together with the Flickr team, we’re the people that are hard at work improving Flickr. One of the most important pieces of feedback we got from Flickr’s members was that we had to stabilize & speed up the service.

We’ve been working on that for many months now and I wanted to update everyone on our progress. I know there are still speed and reliability issues, and I experience them too. I get incredibly frustrated when my uploads error out and I have to retry. It’s not fun. :(

The good news is that we’re fixing them at a deep, fundamental level: we’re re-engineering Flickr’s underlying infrastructure, and we’re making really good progress. We’re moving everything at Flickr out of Yahoo’s datacenters and into Amazon Web Services (AWS), the best cloud service provider in the world.

Re-engineering Flickr’s infrastructure is staggeringly complex. Flickr is a huge service and it powers an amazingly large percentage of the Internet’s hyperlinks. It’s like swapping out a jet’s engines while still flying. This takes a lot of time and hard work to get right.

Just how huge is the scale? Monstrously huge. We have more than 100 million accounts. We store, render, and serve tens of billions of photos. Our storage footprint alone is hundreds of petabytes (that’s hundreds of millions of gigabytes). We have hundreds of databases. The list goes on - all the numbers are enormous. They’re so big that we’re often literally hitting the limits of physics, such as the speed of light and the rotational speed of disks, as we try to move faster.

Flickr is a very large platform built out of a number of smaller internal services. Together, those services deliver the Flickr experience you know and love. I’m happy to report that a number of services have already moved to our new infrastructure 100%, and more will finish in the next few weeks and months. Each time a service moves, the error rate drops dramatically and the performance jumps. Fewer Pandas are seen.

One of the major services that is in mid-move right now, and easily the most requested by our members, is the new Flickr Login. No longer will you be required to log in via Yahoo; instead, you can log in directly with whatever email address and password you prefer. If you haven’t received your invitation yet, stay tuned: you will. It takes awhile to move 100M accounts.

The next wave coming, starting in the next few weeks, is an entirely new set of services for uploading, storing, and serving both photos and videos. Our internal testing is going very well, and this new set of services should deliver much better performance, far fewer errors, higher quality, and a lot of really great new functionality.

As we continue to move these services over, one-by-one, things may continue to be a little bumpy. Occasionally, we may even have to schedule small amounts of downtime for particularly large or difficult services. I’m sorry about that - I wish this was smoother for everyone, including myself. As I said, though, this is a very difficult problem and the bumpiness will be worth it - we’ll soon be on a much faster, much more stable Flickr.

Thank you for your continued patience and support. We couldn’t do any of this without the passionate Flickr community and its valuable feedback. As a company, SmugMug has spent more than 16 years listening to our photographers, building better experiences based on that feedback, then listening again. We’re re-engineering Flickr’s infrastructure because you asked us to, so it’s important to get right.

Once we’re done with this re-engineering project later this year, and we’ve made sure Flickr is faster and more stable than ever before, we’ll get to work building the next wave of great Flickr experiences you’re all asking for.

We’ve been listening, we’re very excited about the future, and the world’s largest photographer-focused community will be better than ever.

Don MacAskill
Chief Geek & CEO
SmugMug & Flickr

Learn more:
- Help Forum: Getting ready for the new Flickr login
- Blog: A Sharper Focus For Flickr
- Blog: Leaving The Yahoo Login Behind
- Blog: Putting Your Best Photo Forward
- Blog: We Can’t Stand Spam Either
Posted at 5:12PM, 23 February 2019 PST ( permalink )
adstads (staff) edited this topic 10 months ago.

1 2 3 next →
(201 to 304 of 304 replies in [Official Thread] Updates on speed & stability so far)
view photos

cesskarey says:

To reflect on what Bidgee was saying, something isn't quite right with Flickr at the moment. There seems to be HTTP 502 and 504 Error Codes with the domain "live.staticflickr.com". I think it's used to pull in images to the photostream page and most of them are not showing up. Even the Flickr homepage is having issues with loading photos. Flickr Test Page checked out with all green OKs but something isn't right.

EDIT: I tried both Chrome and Firefox (both latest versions). My Firefox is stock with no extra extensions and I even ran Flickr in private mode with cleared cache and even tried developer mode with disabled cache.
Posted 9 months ago. ( permalink )
cesskarey edited this topic 9 months ago.

view photos

CASSIDY PHOTOGRAPHY says:

Dear Mr. Don MacAskill,

Please STOP making improvements. Everytime Flickr supposedly was making improvements, the service became worse, less user friendly.

Right now, I cannot even load the Flickr home page or my Flickr portfolio 28 March 2019, 21:25 to 23:25, though I have cleared the cache, updated Firefox, rebooted the Apple Mac, and troubleshooting all the usual suspects.

Other websites load fast, with no problerm. Just Flickr.

Oh, and I am not paying for a Pro Account, though I consider myself a Commercial/Professional Photographer. Why pay for something that was previously free?

Regards,
Cassidy Photography

view photos

Wavicle Works says:

I'm getting tired of the poor performance- and they just renewed my Pro account today. Can't even get a single page to load with *images* displayed. This is a photo/image site, right?

Ever since the merger/take-over, things have declined in terms of performance and now it's not even usable.

view photos

East Texan the original says:

My images are not showing up in my stream.ABOUT 1 out of 3 in the old edit / details format and none on the new edit format.My image count is under 700.

view photos

Tashata says:

Hi guys!
I can see only one first photo on my photostream. I see white squares instead of all the other photos.

Please, make something wonderful and clever to fix this situation. I believe in your skills. :)

The very warm wishes
Tashata.

view photos

gert55 says:

Wavicle Works:

The same here. It seems they don't understand the problem.

view photos

Mario A. Pena says:

I rarely write here but want to share my frustration. The price I've paid has doubled, yet the performance is increasingly worse. No way to contact with you guys from Flickr in a normal way. Never has worked. Poor support, poor performance, double price to get worse service. It's so expensive for me that haven't had the chance yet to purchase a gift account for my wife and really thinking it over if I should.
I have the feeling Flickr is on it's final stages with very poor decissions made fast, without really having, at least, a plan B.
I'm one of the earliest members at Flickr. Have met founders and even CEOs. I also met the person who introduced the CC 2.0 version (never updated ever since). I struggle to find reasons to stay here. Yes, lot's of contacts, thousands of pictures... but not sure if worth having such bad experience.
Flickr staff and CEO should take full responsibility and DO something.

view photos

jschumacher says:

Oneras:

No way to contact with you guys from Flickr in a normal way.

There is a link to Help at the bottom of every Flickr page. Included on that help page is a link to a form to contact Flickr. Here it is help.flickr.com/contact/contact-us-rkBc7roJQ

view photos

phin_hall says:

The basic message is that the site is going to be slow... and then get even slower, until the shift to AWS is completed "later this year".
AWS is definitely up to the job, though, so fingers crossed.

view photos

Kindred Souls says:

So much for hope & change.

view photos

MV origami says:

Why no response? Too smug taking all that cash to the bank?

view photos

sadiron16 says:

I can see about 1 in 30 of my pics - otherwise my photostream and faves and other account facitities are blank. While staring at the screen I can't help but wonder why people actually PAY for this dreadful service. Come back, Yahoo, please!

view photos

Tashata says:

I was so tired yesterday that can't come and say thank you for you, guys, for your quick and wonderful work. Now everything is working perfectly well.

Thank you!

I clearly understand how difficult is to move such huge amounts of information from one platform to another and wish you every success!

Warmest wishes,
Tashata

view photos

the real Kam75 says:

You better bring back the stand alone desktop Uploader because the online one is useless, like a 2 year old built it! Just pull up the orig code for the desktop one, polish it a bit and post it for downloading. Massive subscription increase for what? Come on...the Uploader is a top priority.

view photos

micael18 says:

Many times, on this forum, I get:
This page doesn't work
Or simply, a white page without anything

Well-cleaned Google Chrome
Windows 7
Denmark
Posted 8 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

Oh I get that too, not infrequently, using Vivaldi, all cleared, Windows 10, Amsterdam. And also "Yahoo will be right back!" and also the Bad Panda.

I believe this is just due to the migration. I use the browser back button and try to change the page again, which mostly works.

view photos

micael18 says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

I forgot to say, that I refresh the browser, which helps... And sometimes I get the "This page doesn't work", when posting here, and when refreshing the browser, the post is sent.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

micael18:

Oh yeah, I get the page does not work thing, and the "This site can't be reached" message and usually the browser refresh does not work for me either, and then I very often get the "hanging page' thing.... I've really got it bad on here, lol

view photos

micael18 says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

Then, try Ctrl and F5, when a simple refreshing don't work..

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

I can see my stats page ok but when I try my photostream all I get is perhaps one or two photos if I click refresh the ones I can see then disappear and I am left with blank white squares.

I can see other members photostreams but if I then click on a photo it's just black but I can see the other part of the page.

Windows 10 and Edge no addons

EDIT. Just tried using Chrome on a photostream I got half of one photo on my own PS nada nothing, it's unusable at the moment.

EDIT2. just tried ?details=1 on my stream and it works but not on anyone else's
Mike Slade. edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

janetfo747 ~ Dreaming of Africa says:

opps

view photos

I have been finding awards that coding has changed and now the icon of the award does not show.

this happen in one of my group levels, i was able to correct, but it really should not happen.

when you push the balloon in one spot it will cause a bump in another spot and i think that is what is happening with your coding, cause this iw widespread through flickr

you may look here as an example
www.flickr.com/photos/142142853@N08/46135868134

or here:
Untitled
Second Chance 4+ Awards HERE
6+ AWARDS POST LEVEL 2

view photos

So today am seeing icons missing from groups and from members postings
So it is getting worse....

view photos

Buddha's Ghost says:

janetfo747 ~ Dreaming of Africa:

So today am seeing icons missing from groups and from members postings

Yes. I'm experiencing it as well. There was a thread started about it, but Flickr staff replied therein that they had it fixed and then promptly closed the thread.

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157707858899765/7215770...

view photos

kmacgray says:

Staff probably closed that other thread because the reason these display glitches are happening has been explained in this thread.

view photos

Alan Sansbury says:

Yet again flickr get a grip a few my buddy icon on my group and others are missing

view photos

kmacgray says:

Alan Sansbury:

If you read the official topic for the missing icon issue, you will see that staff have acknowledged it as a low priority bug. This one isn't an emergency.

view photos

Linda DV says:

I think I've seen enough of the bad panda today. Sigh.

view photos

ronnie.savoie says:

I woke up early (4 am CDT in the US)....Flickr is completely out and has been for 30 mins.

view photos

Images George Rex says:

UK 10:55 am for some time now

app#500Error
2019-04-15T09:54:13Z-0ab7bd0f@server

Web and API test page show crosses

Bad Panda screen

Just when I needed to link to Flickr.... :(

view photos

HereIsTom says:

Also here Flickr is not working!
Bad Panda’s, pages not loading and also this help forum take me a long time to get here!

view photos

ronnie.savoie says:

ronnie.savoie:

finally came back up @ 5:15

view photos

Khaled M. K. HEGAZY says:

Images George Rex:

I have the same in Cairo Egypt.

view photos

Toreno. says:

Super slow.....
Source: app#500Error
2019-04-15T10:55:41Z-5b0dcc7f@server

view photos

Photos By Dlee says:

Sydney, Aus here and it's pretty much unusable.

view photos

Alexander_Newman says:

Ditto - web interface is completely stuffed. iOS access slightly OK, but albums are inaccessible. Sydney as well.

view photos

ajhaysom says:

Same in Melbourne, Australia too - completely unusable, worst I have seen for a long, long time.

view photos

Alexander_Newman says:

Panda replaced by a Yahoo! page now. Oops.

view photos

netaloid says:

Flickr is completely hosed this morning in Texas...

view photos

Alexander_Newman says:

I have been getting the feeling recently that Yahoo sold SmugMug a poison chalice full of booby-traps.

view photos

HansHolt says:

In The Netherlands none of the Flickr pages will open since about 3 hours now, panda's is all I see.

view photos

HansHolt says:

In The Netherlands none of the Flickr pages will open since about 3 hours now, panda's is all I see.

view photos

Linda DV says:

Panda finally gone. After 3 hours 😢😭

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

Indeed. Borked on a global scale.

For me (UK): desktop site gives either bad panda or yahoo error page (I have transitioned so someone needs to tidy that when the current issue is fixed).

DIRECT links to specific image sizes seem to work

iOS still seems operational.

Help Forum works (obviously) sometimes.

I am logged in, but nothing except help pages work.

EDIT: Aaaand back. Slow and clunky, but back.
Ian Cundell edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

f0rbe5 says:

Having used the blue bar at the top of the screen to change my email and password on Friday 12th, your breakdown this morning seems to have returned me to a Yahoo entry (login email line on account page says 'Change' with a line through it, followed by 'Coming soon'.

Will i get a blue bar again, or will the system reset itself to give me what I entered on Saturday?

view photos

reclining panda says:

Having issues as well at the moment. The web interface is flaky and loads very slow. Flickr photos shown on my TV via Chromecast (ambient mode) are pixelated and very low quality.

When can we expect flickr to stabilize? I have been a paying / pro user for years but I am seriously considering to switch to another service if all those issues don't get fixed soon.

view photos

teh resa says:

Seems to be working pretty much ok in northern Canada, no pandas and reasonably fast. It did take a couple of tries to upload. Timed out twice, 3x lucky.

view photos

Colin Lawlor says:

Service has been very spotty in Ireland today. e.g. frequent bad Panda notices, image previews slow to load, pages slow to load, videos appearing as white and/or not playing... (latest Google Chrome, OS X 10.13). The iOS app is pretty much unusable now as well and badly needs an update... Funnily enough the third party (and sadly discontinued) app Photoexplorer is more stable... You should buy their code and make it the official app - seriously! I really hope this is sorted out soon. I expected more not less when the subscription fee doubled.

view photos

mimbrava says:

I really would like my buddy icon back, please. It has vanished except for the occasional moment when it reappears and then goes away again.

view photos

simonov says:

It looks like during the decade and a half Flickr was part of Yahoo, the site software became inextricably entangled with the Yahoo infrastructure. I gather it's going to take a bit of time and anguish to fully cut the chains that bound Flickr to Yahoo.

I don't like it either, but people ought to have rather more patience.

view photos

helenoftheways says:

Page loading gets slower every day. :(

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

Clicking reply on a post in this thread returns me to the top of the page. Win7 and chrome

I will try shortly on a different laptop and try again.

view photos

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska says:

Mike Slade.:

Clicking reply on a post in this thread returns me to the top of the page
Nothing like that on Win7 and Opera.

view photos

jane.statham says:

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska:

Bad on Win 7 Opera, Firefox and G. Chrome here - France. Has been like it on a off for most of the day.

view photos

dariuszbres.pl says:

hahahahhahahhaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahhahha

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska:

Windows 10 and edge seems fine.

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

dariuszbres.pl:

hahahahhahahhaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahhahha

And your point is ?

view photos

Small Creatures says:

Except for the login problem many folks have been experiencing (blue bar missing or dysfunctional if present), using the Yahoo login via the Flickr help page has been working fine.... until today. I can log in, but as many have experienced, the buddy icon is gone. The system grinds away exceedingly slowly after clicking on anything, in some cases requiring a shut-down. Any chance the system has been hacked or maybe malware has been planted somewhere??

view photos

f0rbe5 says:

Nine hours ago I complained about having to log in using old Yahoo account. Can now log in using the updated email/password I created on Friday. But icon has now disappeared...

I wonder how may other businesses would tolerate the levels of IT ineptness that we've had to put up with over the past few years???

Oh, I should have mentioned that my account page still shows under email 'Change' lined through followed by "Coming soon"...

view photos

* RICHARD M (Over 9.5 MILLION VIEWS) says:

My pages are not even giving me the opportunity to reply to my contacts' comments. Nor have they been for weeks, in spite of trying different browsers.
While I would welcome hearing from others experiencing the same problem, I definitely don't want to start, nor take part in, any more Help Forum 'debates'.

view photos

Alexander_Newman says:

Colin Lawlor:

That is one very cool app - paid for, downloaded and logged in! Thanks, Colin! :)

view photos

littletinperson says:

two(+) months ... no further communication from flickr staff (didn't really expect mr. macaskill to add anything further. not sure he generated the original post.) re: progress, issues, what to expect, what's working, what's not working ... sigh

view photos

robert55012 says:

Can we please have more regular updates, especially when you are going to be taking particular services down for a period. We are paying for a service so should be entitled to regular service updates.

view photos

oledoe says:

I just wanted to let you know that as a user in Cambodia 🇰🇭, I have recently experienced an immense improvement in speed.

Until recently, it was almost impossible to watch a video as buffering wouldn't keep up - now it seems to work mostly just fine. I know that in many countries fast enough speeds to play video are part of basic expectations. Here, it is an appreciated improvement...

view photos

islandbirdie says:

How about giving us a tool with one button - to download all our photos from flickr and close our accounts.. Then we will be happy..
At the moment Im being held ransom .. Being forced to pay for a pro account .. which does not work..

Im in the UK.. no apparent way to download my photos in ZIP format

view photos

Patrick Copley says:

I will say that speed seems to have improved dramatically in the last week.

Posting from the East Coast of the USA.

view photos

seeit_snapit says:

* RICHARD M (Over 8.5 MILLION VIEWS):

I'm having the same problem today. (Not able to reply to my contacts' comments because the comments section on desktop isn't even showing up.)
seeit_snapit edited this topic 8 months ago.

view photos

nealemaynard says:

For weeks the only way I have been able to upload is not via ADSL (which works fine for everything else) but via mobile 4G hotspot on iMac. I'm not sure why Flickr doesn't play nicely when all my other software does. Like others, I pay for a pro account but getting third world standard of performance.

view photos

- Haley - says:

I've been having problems with the site also.

1. Not all of my photos are loading in the photostream.
2. Sometimes not all of the information on my photos is showing.
3. Sometimes the entire site just freezes and I have to close and reload my browser. (Latest version of Firefox. Desktop)
4. When advancing to the next photo in the photostream there is a delay before the right and left advance arrows appear.

My Android phone app appears to be working correctly. Only my desktop computer is having these problems.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

"Stability" has been a joke ever since my price doubled, a few months ago.

Panda failure screens have doubled in frequency. Pages simply not loading at all has increased. Comment modules not loading. Etc.

Today, nearly all my photos don't show up on the photostream or on their photopages. I had high hopes SmugMug would pull Flickr out of its slump, but that doesn't seem to be evident so far.

view photos

Colin Lawlor says:

Site and app are (as of writing this) both not functional for users in Ireland.

view photos

The Searcher says:

Wil C. Fry: Transitions to entirely new storage and server systems are notoriously painful.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

The Searcher:

Verified. ;-)

view photos

Darn i have an award code that i can not fix

Platinum2

any suggestions? It looks so unprofessional......and it is happening everywhere, in icons of members to awards.....

view photos

JohnBraham says:

I've just cancelled my subscription because it's only usefull when the uploader works, it hasn't worked properly in ages, says its uploading and processing an no new photos appear, finally I just migrated my account to the email/password login and now the uploader can't even login anyway.

If they fix all their issues and finally put a new windows automatic uploader tool out I'll resubscribe, in the meantime the amazon backup tool works fine and I have all my photos backed up there now.

view photos

designwallah says:

"We’re re-engineering Flickr’s infrastructure because you asked us to" - I don't recall ever asking anyone to re-engineer anything.

"Once we’re done with this re-engineering project later this year" - Are we to be expected to tolerate performance issues until later this year? And this, for twice the price?

I thought once Smug Mug moved all the content over to Amazon, we would start seeing new features, not re-engineering.

Today, 2019-05-02, 12:00 EDT, Flickr is really misbehaving.

view photos

designwallah says:

janetfo747 ~ Dreaming of Africa:

Actually, for a lot of people, the award badges are an ugly distraction.

view photos

designwallah says:

One of your re-engineering feats that is truly annoying and no one asked for is that, on the iOS app, one cannot switch between multiple Flickr accounts. It used to be easy, but after a recent update, this functionality has disappeared, without any mention of it in the app store information.

The Flickr Help page still discusses this option:

flickr.kustomer.help/en_us/available-settings-in-the-flic...

Add and switch between accounts

You can quickly move between multiple Flickr IDs by adding and switching accounts.

But the link no longer exists. Rather clumsy at destroying the evidence.
flickr.kustomer.help/manage-account-switching-in-your-fli...

view photos

J.Pics15 says:

designwallah:

Yup. The Uploadr is clearly not working for me just now, it says the image has failed. One thing I am glad that SmugMug have done, is get rid of the need for the Yahoo Login ... Finally!!

view photos

Paul Kaye says:

Flickr is really mis-behaving in the UK at the moment. Worst I've ever seen. Can't download, images displaying in low res only or not at all, search not working, ... What's going on?

view photos

designwallah says:

It's time to get rid of your Wolverine profile image.

view photos

designwallah says:

Paul Kaye:

Same in Canada.

view photos

designwallah says:

J.Pics15:

So far, this is the only positive aspect of the Flickr change of ownership.

view photos

designwallah says:

teh resa:

No pandas, but the polar bears are in trouble up there.

view photos

designwallah says:

simonov:

I agree, though it's a little difficult to accept when we're not being kept up to date on what's going on.

view photos

designwallah says:

status.flickr.net/ tells us everything is Operational, it also states:

May 2, 2019
Intermittent photo serving
Resolved - Photo serving has returned to normal.
May 2, 09:26 PDT
Investigating - We are investigating a photoserving issue. We appreciate your patience.
May 2, 08:59 PDT

So, according to the status page, all is good.

view photos

Denise Noelle Photography says:

in addition to uploading being extremely slow, now i cant add my photos to albums. click on “add to albums” and its taking forever to bring up my album list. PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY!!
Posted 7 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Cube Ace . says:

Paul Kaye:

I agree, it's getting worse day on day. Slow uploads, time outs, and even trying to look at an individual image is becoming painfully slow in the UK.

view photos

jjjj56cp says:

Here in US, having problems for the last few days of photos hanging up, not being able to pull up comments, not being able to add comments. It is intermittent--- I get frustrated and ready to walk away, then it works nicely for a few minutes, then gets agonizingly slow once again.

Any time frame on when all this muck will be finished?

view photos

MurderWithMirrors says:

Why is Flickr so slow????

view photos

saint magenta says:

paying double for a pro account that loads so freaken slowly. come on, smug mug. this utterly sucks.

view photos

pretty lights 2 says:

OMG I have BLAST high speed internet from Comcast But when I come on here today It's like DIAL UP SPEEP. This flickr is a JOKE JOKE JOKE.

view photos

V.C. Wald says:

Slow, slow, slow.....................

view photos

~Muriel~ says:

V.C. Wald:

+1

view photos

ER's Eyes On a Break. I'll be back in January. Bes says:

+2
ER's Eyes On a Break. I'll be back in January. Bes edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

✵ΨᗩSᗰIᘉᗴ HᗴᘉS✵85 000 000 THXS says:

+3

view photos

Chasa:Imago / Pano:Meister says:

+4
+5
+6
+7
+8
+9

slooooooooooow...☻

view photos

martin.jordan says:

Ironically my pro status runs out tomorrow and I was trying to curate my feed down from about 19,000 to under the 1,000 mark over the weekend. Got that frustrating to work with the issues that I ended up just wiping my entire stream and will probably start again from scratch. Makes me feel better about not stumping up £48 for another year anyway.

view photos

grobinette says:

Well, you have succeeded in slowing things down to dial up speeds. Maybe you should be doing this stuff at night.

view photos

Doomsday Graphix says:

Flickr is EXTREMELY SLOW today, if this is something you have done, please undo it. Its seems widespread across the system. Its annoyingly slow to load anything, even if it does at all.

view photos

designwallah:

Not for members of award groups

view photos

Clint Everett says:

I noticed the drop in speed yesterday, but things seemed to improve later and everything's working fine for me now.

Slowdowns happen to all major websites from time to time. Flickr is still transitioning from Yahoo, moving logins and content to new servers. There will be occasional hiccups along the way.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Clint Everett:

Thank you for being reasonable, logical and understanding. We could use much more of that here.

view photos

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

Hi everyone. Don has posted a new update here: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157708487154094/

Please join us on the new post for any further discussion.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

1 2 3 next →
(201 to 304 of 304 replies in [Official Thread] Updates on speed & stability so far)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads