Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Updates to the Flickr Android App
Latest: 11 hours ago
[Official Thread] An update on Flickr search
Latest: 3 days ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Official Thread] A new home for your events
Latest: 5 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Disappointed with Flickr since SmugMug
Latest: 20 minutes ago
Rotating Feature Working Sporadically
Latest: 78 minutes ago
Accessing my Yahoo Email
Latest: 2 hours ago
Spam mail.
Latest: 2 hours ago
Today Flickr is working extremely slow
Latest: 4 hours ago
Followers?
Latest: 4 hours ago
albums not publicly visible in collections
Latest: 5 hours ago
relationship of photostream to albums
Latest: 8 hours ago
Error Downloading Album
Latest: 9 hours ago
How to delete 200,000 photos? Keeps crashing
Latest: 9 hours ago
embedded photos and embedded profile icon don't show in discussions
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Bug] Map Under Geotagged Photo Blank Until Page Scrolled
Latest: 22 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Getting ready for new Flickr login

Flickr Staff

itsnihir says:

Hey there, Flickr!

Notice anything different on the login page? This is exciting! In preparation for launching our new login system, we’re beginning the rollout today of the new Flickr login page. This will take some time, so hang tight if you don’t see it immediately -- it’s coming!

For now, the login page will still forward you over to Yahoo, where you’ll continue to use the same credentials as always to sign into your Flickr account. The next step in the process will take a few weeks -- we’ll let each member know when it’s time to choose the email address and password you’ll use to log in to Flickr.

If you’re having trouble getting into your account, check out this help article.
Posted at 11:39AM, 12 February 2019 PST ( permalink )

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 246 replies in [Official Thread] Getting ready for new Flickr login)
view photos

kmacgray says:

itsnihir:

Good news! I'm so looking forward to eventually dumping my Yahoo account for good when everything is ready.
Posted 10 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

hereinmalibu says:

What we've noticed is that the site itself is working poorly. Please get someone to address the many, many questions re: no video uploads, vanishing photos, performance time-outs and the constantly crashing flickr app, to name just a few. Please.

view photos

littletinperson says:

itsnihir:

+1 to comment from hereinmalibu ... could someone on support staff please update customer base on performance issues, reasons, status on resolution, etc. while it's nice that the new login is coming, it isn't going to matter if no one can get anything done here once logged in.

please make communication a priority. please find a way to address global issues globally.

view photos

pgoeltz says:

littletinperson:

really there is no CS for paid, zero, its like lets party with the 4 billion.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Well, it didn't take long for this topic to go off the rails. :(

view photos

Photography is the story I fail to put into words says:

itsnihir:

Back on topic, looking forward to the new login as I only used Yahoo for this site and Yahoo is Y-fronts (pants)

view photos

jenniferbeinhacker.com says:

question:

many folks are writing about their desire to get rid of yahoo as quickly as possible.

i am wondering why?
i never have had a problem with yahoo login.

but since smugmug bought flickr from yahoo i guess it's best to get rid of yahoo (?).

do you ( all) think "user name@gmail.com" would be a good login to use?

or would my flickr account still be safe and accessible if i continued to use yahoo (but just changed the password)?

i would hate to lose my flickr if i picked the wrong user name login

view photos

kmacgray says:

jenniferbeinhacker.com:

There is no wrong email address to use with the new system. It can be anything you want. If you want to use your Yahoo email address, you can. If you want to use some other address, that's ok too.

As to why I want to get rid of my Yahoo account, well, they are a pretty terrible company. The only reason I have it is for here.

view photos

jenniferbeinhacker.com says:

hi kmacgray-txs for your reply.

i guess i don't know much about yahoo as to why they are terrible

view photos

kmacgray says:

jenniferbeinhacker.com:

Major security breaches and buying other companies to either completely ignore them or drive them into the ground are two examples.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

itsnihir:

Cool, thanks!

Getting this happening must already have involved a lot of work. It's appreciated.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

Oh yes. Finally! Looking so much forward to get rid of my Yahoo account :-)

view photos

EyeInFocus Photography says:

itsnihir:

you've been signed in under a different account keeps coming up! What is going on. I can't upload anymore and I am a pro account. Now what. I know you do not issue refunds once a year is paid. come on SmugMug, what are you doing, trying to drive us to using the overpriced expensive smugmug accounts that offer 50 percent off the first year and then its still twice as expensive.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

EyeInFocus Photography:

you've been signed in under a different account keeps coming up! What is going on. I can't upload anymore and I am a pro account.

Have you submitted a help request with the Support Heroes at help.flickr.com/ already? If not, please do so there.

thanks,
Matthew

view photos

Nikki Gloom says:

itsnihir:

Issues with video being processed.. wait time. is something wrong?

view photos

guidowerner says:

To all those posting off topic comments about performance and stability issues in this thread:

I guess that getting rid of the Yahoo network infrastructure is prerequisite for significant improvements with regard to site stability and performance. Therefore the new login system probably is an important step necessary for improvements in other areas. So complaining that Flickr introduces a new login system instead of adressing stability and performance problems is probably a very flawed understanding of what is going on.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

guidowerner:

To all those posting off topic comments about performance and stability issues in this thread:

etc...

Exactly. As being an IT developer myself, I'm not surprised at all to see a lot of stability issues and bugs in the transition period. However, I do think that maybe Flickr could inform a little bit more about the process and the issues that may arise in this period.

Anyway, Flickr/SmugMug. Keep faith. Looking forward to see what's on the "other side" :-) ...

view photos

guidowerner says:

Stig Nygaard:

However, I do think that maybe Flickr could inform a little bit more about the process and the issues that may arise in this period.

Agreed. If they gave plausible reasons why users have to face increased stability problems during a transition period this could help to prevent a lot of anger.

view photos

jschumacher says:

guidowerner:

I don't think that is what people are complaining about. Most reasonable people understand that there may be periods of instability as Flickr transitions to a new login system.

The current problem is that Flickr has not acknowledged the severe site problems that have been happening the past couple of days. Because they have not acknowledged those problems there is a topic that incorrectly says the problems are fixed, accompanied by a flippant remark in the thread from a Flickr staff member from several days ago. That [FIXED] label is causing people to open new topics on the same site problems.

Combined this announcement comes across as tone deaf. It's like Flickr is saying they don't care if the site works or not, at least someday soon we'll be off of Yahoo. No customer cares about the Yahoo login if the site doesn't work?
jschumacher edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

Woof. says:

"Most reasonable people..."

In the Help Forum? On recent evidence? I hardly ever dare step in here because of the wailing and the gnashing of teeth :)

view photos

Kevin says:

This is an outrage!

view photos

guidowerner says:

jschumacher:

Maybe my comment was a bit condescending towards those users complaining about stability issues in this thread. Apologies for that.

Nevertheless I think we should stay on topic. There are already a lot of other threads where users can complain about all those stability issues. This thread should be used for feedback with regard to the new login page.

I have just tried to take a look on the new login page in an incognito window (I don't dare to log out currently). On the first try it took several minutes to load www.flickr.com in the incognito window and then I was presented the old login window. On my second try www.flickr.com loaded fast and when clicking on sign in I was presented the new login page. After entering my login email adress I was sent to the old yahoo login page and could successfully login. So at the moment the new login page is simply an additional page before I am sent to the old login page.

view photos

kmacgray says:

There is no question that public staff communication needs improvement. That has been the case for many, many years and is something I've advocated for over those years.

That said, it's not difficult for members to post in the existing topics for the other issues being brought up here. It's a disservice to anyone who actually wants to talk about the new login system when this topic is being distracted with off topic comments.

I think y'all will know what I'll say about how to solve that, so I won't repeat myself again.

To conclude, I'm really looking forward to seeing the details of the new system! Thanks to staff for their hard work on this, it's a massive project.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Have you submitted a help request with the Support Heroes at help.flickr.com/ already? If not, please do so there.

Please see this thread:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157705119576931/

Quite a number of people are complaining about this BUG.

Why does not staff step in to acknowledge the bug and do some fixing?

Edit to say sorry for OT
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

Яick Harris says:

Kevin:

:)

view photos

RV John says:

Thank you , appreciate the update and would love to see more updates like this one 🙂 . Looking forward to our new home and thank you for all the hard work behind the scene!

view photos

WJ&E says:

When trying to log-in on a desk-top, I'm getting a "Oops something went wrong" message when entering my email address. Very frustrating not to be able to easily log-in. Seeing other people report similar problems.

view photos

SoxFanInSD says:

Go ahead and scold me if this issue has already mentioned here and I just didn’t see it.

I cannot login to Flickr via the web on my Mac. Each browser I tried is the same result - “Oops, something went wrong”. I’m attempting to use my Yahoo login as it says to do, but that results in the above mentioned error. I can log into Yahoo just fine with my Yahoo login, just not Flickr.

Oddly, web access with new log in worked to log into Flickr on my iPad.

I sent an email to the “Support Heroes” but I suppose I won’t get a response for at least a few days.

EDIT to update: On my Mac, no browsers work. On iPad, Safari and Firefox confirmed to work using new/updated log in page.
SoxFanInSD edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

Viejito says:

Unable to log in with Firefox.

I used to log in with my Yahoo address without the @yahoo.com, but that works neither in Edge nor Firefox now: gives red message. On Firefox the entire yahoo address does not work either, but just refreshes the login. On Edge I was able to log in.

view photos

guidowerner says:

Viejito:

I used to log in with my Yahoo address without the @yahoo.com, but that works neither in Edge nor Firefox now: gives red message. On Firefox the entire yahoo address does not work either, but just refreshes the login.

Do You see the new login page? In other words: Does the problem occur with the new login page?

view photos

WJ&E says:

guidowerner:

For me, the issue is occurring on the new login page. A work around that I found that allowed me to finally log in was by clicking on the "Not a Flickr member? sign up here" link on the bottom of the new log-in box. On the following page there's a "already have an account? Sign in" link that took me to an old yahoo log-in screen that finally allowed me to access my account.
WJ&E edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

guidowerner says:

WJ&E:

Have You tried to enter Your Yahoo username (email-adress without the @yahoo.com) instead?

Edit:

The reason I ask i the following paragraph in the help article linked in the OP:

For some older Flickr accounts, your account may have been set up under a username instead of an email address. In this case, you can still log in to your Flickr account with the username, even though the login process does ask for an email address.

view photos

Los Paseos says:

Having the same log-in issue.

view photos

Viejito says:

guidowerner:

Does the problem occur with the new login page?

Yes. That is why I posted it here. It occurs on the page that says “We're updating how Flickr members log in. You'll still use your Yahoo login until further notice.”

view photos

guidowerner says:

SoxFanInSD:

EDIT to update: On my Mac, no browsers work. On iPad, Safari and Firefox confirmed to work using new/updated log in page.

Does it still not work if You clear Your browser cache on the Mac?

view photos

guidowerner says:

Viejito:

O.k. But it works when You enter the full email-adress? Are You then sent to the old Yahoo login-page? What happens when You enter only Your username there?

view photos

jaroslawcichy says:

Thank you Flickr.
I must say I've been using Yahoo Mail for years without any issues. I guess I got used to using Yahoo login so I don't know if I will change my login preferences yet.
New Flickr login is definitely a step in good direction. I appreciate it. I realized what we normally see is a new feature being rolled out, but we don't see all the work that is being done in order to get to this point. So thumbs up and a Thank you to Flickr staff ! :)

view photos

jaroslawcichy says:

Sorry, double post.

view photos

WJ&E says:

guidowerner:

No, when entering a username or non-email address, I get an "invalid email" error. I'm also on a a Mac and clearing browser cache and or using a different browser does not help as well (getting same error on Chrome, FF, Safari).

view photos

Viejito says:

WJ&E:

that took me to an old yahoo log-in screen

Thanks. Using that workaround, I was able to log in with Firefox. Without it, I had to use Edge.

view photos

guidowerner says:

Hm, I am just wondering how widespread these problems are. I have no issues to login with Chrome as well as with Firefox. But with Firefox the browser gives me an alert that a page element is blocked. It seems that this site element is a cookie. Nevertheless I was able to login with Firefox.

view photos

I think I won't test this till the creases have been ironed out, ahem...

view photos

Creepella Gruesome says:

*edit*

I was having a problem logging in, but just realized I was putting in the wrong e-mail address. oops!! Nothing to see here ;D
Creepella Gruesome edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and let the beta testers here go first ...

view photos

SoxFanInSD says:

guidowerner:

Does it still not work if You clear Your browser cache on the Mac?

Clearing the browser cache did not help.

The workaround that WJ&E Mentioned above works, though.

Wow, what a clunky mess.

view photos

I Jacobson Photography says:

I kept getting the 'Invalid Email' login message too. Tried logging in with my Mac and Windows (10) (Firefox, Safari and Edge). No luck. Never had any issues logging in till today.

I was just able to log in with the workaround suggested above. Whew. Thanks for posting that!

I really hope this gets sorted out very soon.

view photos

Rog in AZ says:

Think I'll wait for a couple of weeks as well.

Everything worked fine on Sunday. Now it's totally borked.

Pandas, can't post comments in threads without losing them in a "forced reload," "Error loading groups," etc.

Tired of having to retype entire comments, then copying before hitting "post now," just on the chance I'll lose the entire post.

Don't know if the mess is related, but no point in taking chances.

view photos

Carol (Nona) says:

kmacgray:

HaHa not me :)

view photos

samwilson.id.au says:

Like others above, I used to only log in with my Yahoo username, and the new login form made me a bit worried for a bit because I'd completely forgotten that my full Yahoo email address was not "@yahoo.com" but rather "@yahoo.com.au". Once I figured that out, all was okay.

I'm super excited to see the demise of Yahoo. :) Keep up the good work.

view photos

callumbrae says:

I hate it. Now I have an additional 7 clicks at a minimum plus typing in my email address in full every time I log in. The "stay signed in" button is greyed out and doesn't work, so I have to keep singing in again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again and again and again and again......... At least I do get signed in, which makes me one of the "lucky" ones.
Perhaps my time could be better spent doing other things.

view photos

GO®D WEISFLO©K says:

itsnihir:

as a longtime Pro account holder, i believe i should have the option to 'opt out' of you selling my personal data, no matter how 'safe' it is. Let the free account holders share, but i for one dont like this one 'bit'

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

GO®D WEISFLO©K:

as a longtime Pro account holder, i believe i should have the option to 'opt out' of you selling my personal data, no matter how 'safe' it is.

What makes you think that Flickr are selling your personal data?
Everything I have seen and read suggests that they are not.

view photos

gaudy window says:

I cannot sign into my nacrepics pro-account, I created this account so I could post in this form. Every time I enter my email address for nacrepics I just get a something went wrong message. I have tried since November to get flickr to address this, but have not received a response by email. I feel very cheated that I have lost almost 3 months of my pro membership.

view photos

samwilson.id.au says:

GO®D WEISFLO©K:

as a longtime Pro account holder, i believe i should have the option to 'opt out' of you selling my personal data, no matter how 'safe' it is. Let the free account holders share, but i for one dont like this one 'bit'

I'm confused by your comment. This thread is about login issues. If anything, getting rid of Yahoo authentication is a step away from anyone selling your data. Unless you mean Yahoo selling your data to SmugMug?

view photos

nam360sound:

I am responding to you in the other topic you created in the Help Section of the forum:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157706623088445/#reply7...

view photos

micael18 says:

Logging on from the old Yahoo!-page gives a 503 Bad Gateway-message. Refreshing the browser - or hit the F5-key gets me in...

view photos

ElvisChen says:

Any possible to use web service to login in software since the new one blocks IE?

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

Will we be required to change passwords when we move to the new sign-in system? I assume the answer is yes but thought I would ask. I just want to know so I can go ahead and start coming up with one.

view photos

guidowerner says:

callumbrae:

Now I have an additional 7 clicks at a minimum plus typing in my email address in full every time I log in.

How did You count 7 additional clicks? I have exactly one additional click:

When I am logged out, go to www.flickr.com and click on sign in I am presented the new login page instead of the old login page. When I enter my email address and click on "next" I am sent to the old login page. So one click more as if I were sent to the old login page directly.

You can get reduce the number of clicks by using the URL identity.flickr.com instead of www.flickr.com.

view photos

Armin Fuchs says:

... 'exciting' ?????

6 clicks to log in ... - that's cruel !!!
Some of my old (and every time good working) saved user names and passwords are not recognized!

... well ... - 'exciting' indeed ... :-D

view photos

Armin Fuchs says:

Rog in AZ:

... yes ... - and lost Tags ... and, and, and ...

view photos

Jan_Pudney says:

Why the extra step to an already annoying login process?

view photos

boeckli (On Vacation) says:

WJ&E:

Thanks for posting the workaround - I could not use the new format without it.

view photos

cklx says:

I got the "Invalid email" too, but was able to login using the full Yahoo email address.

So if you used the login name johnsmith, you should now use johnsmith@yahoo.com (again).

Doing so, you're redirected to the old and familiar Yahoo login page. For the time being at least...

Cornelius.

view photos

Martin van Duijn says:

The new login does not work on the mobile site when using a smartphone. All you get is a blank page, with no option to add your login credentials.

view photos

Wendie White says:

guidowerner:

Doesn't accept my username of email address

view photos

Seventh Heaven Photography - (Flora) says:

I am not able to access my master account. It does not recognise my yahoo email address.

Now it is not even letting me log in at all with your new changes. Fortunately I have two other accounts so I am able to communicate with you here. It recognises the two accounts but not my master (original) one.

I used your check article link above keyed in the master email address, added varify code, but it sends me back to this account. When I go to 'manage your accounts' which lists all three of my accounts, for the master one it will accept my email address there but will only send me to Yahoo page. When I search for Flickr in this page it loads but I am not logged in.

I am completely locked out of my master account!

Flickr staff what is going on please. I have struggled for days trying to use this site but nothing works. It just crashes, will not load or leaves various messages. The site has not been working adequately for months and is now not useable at all.

PLEASE FIX THIS BAD BAD BAD...PANDA!

view photos

CaptLarryS says:

cklx:

Same here. Took three tries and e-mails to support (never answered) but I finally got in.

view photos

CaptLarryS says:

Seventh Heaven Photography **:

Make sure you have the "your email" followed by 'yahoo.com' Worked for me. after three tries.
So You could have bettylou@yahoo.com.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

itsnihir:

Not seen it yet as I've not signed out to see yet. But do we have to put in the full email in box now as we didn't before? Im not sure what mine is as ive never had to use it before in full..

view photos

jaroslawcichy says:

I don't have any problems logging-in to my Flickr account. However, before it took the total of three clicks and filling in my access code to access my page. Now, it takes the total of five clicks and filling in my email and access code to access my page on Flickr. I use Goggle Chrome. It is a transition period from old to new login option, as I understand it is temporary, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

view photos

tallawah75 says:

When I try to log in with Chrome I only get a blank page. I guess if someone else has got the same problem as mine.

view photos

mcnod says:

Scarlet Pimpernel:

Im not sure what mine is as ive never had to use it before in full..

Your login email is visible to you on your main account settings page.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

mcnod:

Your login email is visible on your main account page.

Where do i find that? And how will i find it if I'm signed out?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Scarlet Pimpernel:

Perhaps make a note of it now, while you are signed in.

(I see you are back to the confusing white buddy icon again.)

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

kmacgray:

Ok found it and done a screenshot of it.

view photos

old-fashioned step says:

I have the same problem.
the new login page does not work.it says-oops something went wrong.
i was only able to login using the workaround mentioned earlier by another member.
(guidowerner: said

For me, the issue is occurring on the new login page. A work around that I found that allowed me to finally log in was by clicking on the "Not a Flickr member? sign up here" link on the bottom of the new log-in box. On the following page there's a "already have an account? Sign in" link that took me to an old yahoo log-in screen that finally allowed me to access my account.)

view photos

slippery trade says:

I must chime in on the same "oops, something went wrong" issue.
Nothing I do will get around that page.

Followed the create new account method and already have account on that page, and logged in fine. Its a hassle, but at least I can get logged in.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel:

For the love of Mike, please fix this annoying all white buddy icon and then do not revert - look, why would you want to confuse and annoy your fellow members on here?
Is there a reason for this all white thingy, knowing full well that an icon which blends in completely with the white page makes it difficult to distinguish your posts properly?

view photos

zder says:

Quite simply, the new Flickr needs to get this critical transition performed properly and soon. Paying Pro users have hard renew deadlines, but Flickr has all the time in the world to switch from Yahoo? My renewal date is in “a few weeks”, and this is the one update I am watching most carefully.

view photos

kmacgray says:

zder:

On the contrary, they need to go as slow as possible with implementing a new sign in system. It needs to be right, as it is no small task.

view photos

Viejito says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

please fix this annoying all white buddy icon

Watch him turning it to all black...;-)

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito:

For the love of Mike

Thank you very much MA ^_^

view photos

SoxFanInSD says:

Interesting update.

At home on macOS, I cannot log into Flickr using Safari, Chrome, or Firefox unless I use the workaround described above.

On iOS, Safari, Chrome, Firefox work w/o using workaround.

At the office, I use a Win10 based PC. Corporate browser of choice is Chrome. I can log into Flickr using new login page with no issues.

The only uncommon denominator I can see is browser extensions I have installed on home system. No Chrome extensions on Win10 machine.. Is it possible one of them, perhaps an ad blocker, is causing the "Oops, something went wrong" message?

Or, that "Oops, something went wrong" issue has been resolved system wide.

view photos

CaptLarryS:

Yes I am using my full email address.

view photos

Andrew in Austin says:

Now that Yahoo is being left behind - I can't wait for the opportunity to ditch the @yahoo.com email log in. - In other words, allow me to use my preferred, non-yahoo, email address for logging in. -

view photos

kmacgray says:

Andrew in Austin:

That's the plan. :)

view photos

Andrew in Austin:

I opened a flickr account with my AOL email address at the end of last year and all my flickr emails have been going to my AOL account.

Give it a try that is if you don't mind opening a new account rather than changing email address in your existing account!
Seventh Heaven Photography - (Flora) edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel:

Thank you very much for complying with the third, and most urgent request to replace the all white buddy icon with something more distinguishable.
Now this time, please do not go back to the whiter shade of white, and we will greet you with a smile...

view photos

itsnihir:

I have not been able to log into my master account for the last 24 hrs. It says my email address is uknown. I have been trying with both my user name and my full email address but neither work. I can get into Yahoo page but not into flickr. If I try through flickr.com I am not logged into the master account and it will not accept my email address to log in. I do not understand why this is happening because I have used this email address to log in every day for over 5 years.

I have two other accounts which work fine and in 'manage your account' I can access both of my other accounts but not the master one. I am able to post this from one of my other accounts.

Please can you help me access my account!

13/02/2019 18:45 UK time - I have also just sent email to Flickr Heroes.

13/02/2019 19.02 UK time - I have finally managed to log in by going into sign up instead of log in. This did not work when I tried last night but does now. I will just have to remember to log in this way for the one account.
Seventh Heaven Photography - (Flora) edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

Mike Slade.:

For the love of Mike

Thank you very much MA ^_^

Lol ;-))

view photos

lairdascott says:

I found a way to Log In

Go to the Flickr main page

Instead of Log In, Select "Sign Up"

At the bottom of the Sign Up page, look for:
Already have an account? Sign In

Click "Sign In"

www.flickr.com/

This back door to Flickr must be left open. My computer is too old to upgrade my browser. I can no longer use Google or YouTube. Will Flickr be next? Please leave this back door open via Yahoo.
lairdascott edited this topic 10 months ago.

view photos

RV John says:

Okay here is a me too, on having to use the work-around above.

view photos

lairdascott:

Just done this and it works now but would not when I was trying last night...success at last.

Thanks for posting this info.

view photos

energetic boundary says:

I've been able to log in on windows 10 machines using chrome, firefox, and IE, through the new screen, using just the name of my yahoo email. I did not need to add the @yahoo.com. This is same process I have used for many years.

(Your Mileage may Vary)

view photos

Chung Chu says:

itsnihir:

Got excited until I read "still a few weeks away." :)

view photos

Ian Cundell says:

itsnihir:

Excellent news. What (if any) will be the implications for the Lightroom lugin? Mine appears to use my original, pre-Yahoo, Flickr id.

view photos

dbl2010 says:

itsnihir:

Notice anything different on the login page? This is exciting! In preparation for launching our new login system, we’re beginning the rollout today of the new Flickr login page.

We are proud with your html/js/css skills. Nice single web page change.Couple hours of work but it shines like diamond.

view photos

eagle1effi says:

Again old Browser blocking.
Very dissappointing.
I can't Update cause a lot of reasons.
This is like Flickr 2015.
Can't Log in!

view photos

eagle1effi says:

lairdascott:

Great Thanks.
Works!
Anmelden in German.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 246 replies in [Official Thread] Getting ready for new Flickr login)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads