Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Ongoing improvements & updates to Free & Pro plans
Latest: 3 minutes ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 5 minutes ago
Flickr grandfathered Pro subscriptions
Latest: 16 minutes ago
[Official Thread] CEO Don MacAskill responses to Free and Pro account threads
Latest: 9 days ago

Current Discussion

After 12 dedicated years together, Flickr breaks up with me...
Latest: 24 minutes ago
' Flickr Data Requested '
Latest: 2 hours ago
Access denied to photo downloads
How to delete photos?
Delete a post
I am uploading too many photos
Too many Bad Pandas
Latest: 3 hours ago
New Pro Account = Uncompressed?
Latest: 3 hours ago
Does anyone actually know the legal position on a worldwide level, on Flickr deleting photos?
Latest: 4 hours ago
Member Exceeding Photo Submission Limit
New limit of 1000 photos - downloading
Batch upload videos from Mac
Latest: 6 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Changes to Flickr’s photo books and wall art

Flickr Staff

Zee Jenkins says:

Today we announced on the Flickr Blog that we are discontinuing Flickr photo books and Flickr wall art. In place of Flickr photo books, we are partnering with Blurb® to provide a Flickr integration that offers you more options to customize your creations. Flickr wall art will not be replaced at this time.

To create photo books with Blurb, connect your Flickr account and browse your photostream or albums in Blurb’s online photo book. You can select the size to customize your book, then jump into your Flickr account to lay out your images, then select the paper type during checkout. You can add captions, write text, and choose from various photo layouts and montages.

If you want to customize further, Blurb offers free desktop software that gives you greater flexibility, including the ability to print magazines and and trade books. Blurb also offers a plug-in for Adobe InDesign and a book module in Adobe Lightroom.

If you are a Flickr Pro member, you will also get a $35 credit toward your first Blurb order, and $35 when you renew your subscription (with a minimum purchase $70). This means if you renew your one-year Pro membership, you will get the coupon at the start date of your subscription and it will be valid until you renew again the next year. If you have a two-year Pro membership, you will get a coupon upon renewal and another the next year at the same time (even though you won’t be required to renew that year). If you have a free account and sign up for Pro, you will get a coupon then.

For those of you with in-progress Flickr photo books and wall art, you will be able to finish those orders between now and December 1, 2017. After December 1, 2017, those in-progress creations will not be available and your progress will be lost. Be sure to go to the Create tab at the top of Flickr before December 1, 2017.

Please let us know if you have any feedback or questions.

EDIT: +
To clarify, Flickr is NOT shutting down and your photos are NOT going to be deleted. If you do not plan to create photo books nothing else is changing.

Staff responses:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157689503874206/7215766...
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157689503874206/7215768...
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157689503874206/7215768...
Posted at 11:06AM, 16 October 2017 PST ( permalink )
Zee Jenkins (staff) edited this topic 13 months ago.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 184 replies in [Official Thread] Changes to Flickr’s photo books and wall art)
view photos

kmacgray says:

RIP, but not surprising. I can't see how these were big revenue generators.
Posted 13 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Pianowerk says:

And £sterling, and postage costs?

view photos

junepurkiss says:

I used to like doing books but from my iPad. It now seems I have to have access to a PC. Why?

view photos

peteredwards.t21@btinternet.com says:

peteredwards.t21@btinternet.com edited this topic 13 months ago.

view photos

pommypaul says:

Thanks, Flickr. This is a brilliant move. I previously used Snapfish, but having a print option under one roof will make life easier. Not worried about the details - just bring it on.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zee Jenkins says:

peteredwards.t21@btinternet.com:

from favourites or a gallery for example

You mean other users' photographs? Their copyrighted work? No, that isn't an option.

If it is work you have permission to use you can upload to your profile privately and create from there when you sync your Flickr account, but using others' work without permission is not allowed.

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

Why would that be possible? They are not your photos, they belong to the photographer. I'd be very pissed off if Flickr decided to allow people I've never even heard of to print high-resolution copies of my photos as books or whatever.

Or are you only asking about photos that are not All Rights Reserved - those with, say, a specific licence allowing others to use them, or those specified as being in the Public Domain ?
I dare say that this would technically be possible, but it would be likely to be a minefield of copyright nightmares.

EDIT:
Zee beat me to it! :-)

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zee Jenkins says:

Nionyn_:

Zee beat me to it! :-)

teehee

view photos

astrogirl969 says:

Nionyn_:

That does bring up an interesting point. Using other peoples work that is under a creative commons licence that allows for non-commercial use etc. The owner has already given "permission" by marking their work under CC licence.

view photos

ColetteSimonds says:

Zee Jenkins:

I like this idea too. I just today found an old attempt to make a book of my geology pics!!! It still shows the amount I would have to pay . I probably had the intention of going through the 100 pages I submitted, but I completely for got about this. It's till sitting there waiting for a decision on my part. But I'm glad that making a book is an option.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339***Incognito says:

Nionyn_:

or those specified as being in the Public Domain ?

You can safely do that.

Works which are in the Public Domain because the copyright has expired are free for anyone to use, online, or put in a book.

Works under a CC0 license can also be used without restriction, seeing the photographer has waived their copyright - so those too, are free to use, and put in print.

view photos

Prius says:

I never used the book making nor would I. I use Flickr for posting my travel photos for others to see. If they want to use them for a book how would I really know unless I happened upon the book some how? Anytime we post photos or even stories on websites that we might want to use perhaps later to publish, we run the risk that they could already have been used.

The web is wide open so users beware.

view photos

BILL_DELONG says:

So just to confirm.. Flickr is still going to remain the same right?
I pay for the Pro account to have unlimited photos/albums/collections and those features will not change... correct?

view photos

teresa_radford says:

Can we keep our pictures and albums?

view photos

Col. Wood says:

peteredwards.t21@btinternet.com: I would hate to think that you or anybody else would pop on to my page a copy my photos without permission.

I am a little concerned about Flickr so decided to stop my annual subs. My photos are MY photos so just think before you copy anothers work okay?

view photos

Is it possible to make a book using pictures other than your own,from favourites or a gallery for example?

Most photos on here are ARR, which stands for All Rights Reserved.
Just going ahead and using those without explicit permission of the photographer is a violation of their copyright, and a legal offence. Any victim of such a thoughtless action (assuming you really have no notion of that thing called "copyright"), could take you to court.

view photos

gothiczartan says:

I don't print photos from flickr. Do we still keep the photos we own on this flickr account?

view photos

lorannen says:

I understand the move, but I'm bummed. I'd long planned on ordering some wall art of my photos, but never managed to get it together. Ah, well. I'll check out Blurb's books. Now, if they do calendars, too, I'm really sold. I do at least a dozen copies of my calendar every year.

view photos

simonov says:

Prius:

I never used the book making nor would I. I use Flickr for posting my travel photos for others to see

As it happens, I've been looking for a good photobook service lately. Flickr is great, but it probably won't be around forever, and after working with computers for over 30 years I realize paper is still the best archival medium (I have a number of files on my hard drive no older than 20 years that are now unreadable by any modern application). I plan to produce a library of photo albums chronicling most of my life and travels. Barring fire or other disaster, it will almost certainly outlast me and my Flickr account.

Blurb was one of the services I reviewed, but their Flickr integration was terrible; they hadn't been keeping it up. I assume the relationship has blossomed anew, and now look forward to pottering around to see if I can turn my Flickr albums into books.

lorannen:
I understand the move, but I'm bummed. I'd long planned on ordering some wall art of my photos, but never managed to get it together.

Not a problem. I suppose one reason Flickr is dropping the service is because there is so much competition out there now. It is very easy to get prints of any size made, either through online services or with local printers as I did last year:

Above the fireplace by simonov

view photos

dmgdee says:

Hope our Pro account is still going to be active in the future? I do upload pics for others to see & to view other photographers' works for inspiration & would hate to see that end.
Diane

view photos

t_lindwall says:

I use as many other people here Flickr to share my photos.
I don't use it for wall art or photo albums.
Can I still use Flickr for sharing my pictures or do I need to do some changes?
t_lindwall edited this topic 13 months ago.

view photos

Itai.B says:

How exactly do you connect Blurb to Flickr?

view photos

jojojo56 says:

I dont understand what this change means and if this has any impact on my flikr photo albums that i connect to my word press website. PLEASE CLARIFY thank you

view photos

breakbeat says:

Pianowerk:

This was my question also - given that Blurb has a UK presence can someone confirm that our $35 can be 'changed' into £ to use on the local site? otherwise it's not worth it given VAT, postage etc from the US

view photos

ianmilne says:

Zee Jenkins:

Does this apply to UK accounts and the UK blurb website?

view photos

danajomills says:

Zee Jenkins:

Awesome - I LOVE Blurb - great choice!! And thanks for the discount coupons...

view photos

ferns pictures says:

Zee Jenkins:

I do not want to prinjt a photo book...........I have just used flickr to keep and show all my photos online. Does this mean that they will all be deleted wtih the change? I am confused. I have a lot of photos in a lot of photo albums, in my flickr account and do not want to lose them.

view photos

mcnod says:

ferns pictures:

Does this mean that they will all be deleted wtih the change?

No, don't worry. You will see no change in your account due to this.

view photos

Joseph in the Catskills says:

What a horribly written notice! It says nothing about regular Flickr account holders who do not use Flickr Photo Booth and Flickr Wall Art. There should be a VERY clearly worded disclaimer which basically says in NON-lawyer-speak that our photos are safe and there will be no change UNLESS we use Photo Booth / Wall Art. This is a classic example how in today's Corporate America - one hand (marketing) doesn't understand what the other hand (tech support, users) do / say / need.

view photos

simonov says:

Why in the world would any of you conclude from the announcement that the mere offering of a new printing service will endanger your on-line photos? I am really quite mystified and would love to understand the thought process behind this.

view photos

Prius says:

You all are correct, Flickr did a VERY poor job in breaking this NEWS!! Why didn't they say that ONLY the Photo Book and Wall Art features will be turned over to another company and that ALL the other services of Flickr would remain the same. The old saying, Keep it simple, stupid.

view photos

simonov says:

I'm pretty sure that by mentioning the new print services and nothing else, they were keeping it simple.

view photos

hurdel3 says:

Zee Jenkins:

Hi I am confused what is actually happening, if I have stored photo with my Flickrpro account what happend to these regarding Blurb and how do we you will be able to connect your Flickr account to Blurb’s online photo book-making tool
Very little explanations it is a mess you email teh change but very little of how to do it

view photos

J. Rob McC says:

This is fantastic news. I've been a dedicated Blurb.com user for almost many years. This will just make it so much easier for me to get photos into my books. THANKS!

view photos

rubybgold says:

Zee Jenkins:

Are there any changes to 'housing' the photos we have uploaded to the Flickr site? Or just changes to how we make stuff with them?

view photos

Werner P. Hohmann says:

Zee Jenkins:
I am totally confused. I used Flickr as a storage place. How can I save / download my pictures for storage elswhere?
Regards, Werner

view photos

junepurkiss says:

No-one has answered the question as to why Blurb needs to have access to PC and can’t do an album from iPad like I used to be able to. Can someone please answer ....

view photos

Martin Criminale says:

Not sure if I missed this in the previous replies but how do you connect your Flickr account to your Blurb account?

view photos

{beverly} says:

love blurb. used them for years.

view photos

Martin Criminale says:

I contacted Blurb support and here is what they said about linking your Flickr account to your Blurb account.

"you can use Bookify, our online book-making program to import your images from your Flickr account:
www.blurb.com/online-photo-books"

They also sent a screenshot but I can't seem to post images here. :( In Bookify, click get photos and then select the service of choice. Flickr is one that is available.

view photos

Sully858 says:

Zee Jenkins:

Dumb guy question: Flickr itself isn't going away, right??

view photos

Prius says:

simonov:

Apparently there is confusion because of the above comments on just what was NOT mentioned from Flickr. There was nothing stating our accounts would remain intact. Never assume anything!!

view photos

Prius:

There was nothing stating our accounts would remain intact.

THIS is what is announced in the Staff post:

Today we announced on the Flickr Blog that we are discontinuing Flickr photo books and Flickr wall art.

(Under the heading: "Changes to Flickr’s Printed Merchandise"

It means that two Flickr features, namely *Flickr photo books* and *Flickr wall art* are being discontinued.

There is NO mention anywhere that Flickr accounts are being phased out.

Like Simonov I am totally mystified that people actually are dragging in the idea that Flickr might be affecting changes to members' accounts.

view photos

Pianowerk says:

simonov:

Without wishing to sound ageist, sexist or any *ist, many who use flickr are not completely au fait with the interweb. However like my 86 year old mother she uses a PC to receive emails and look at flickr (my photos, natch, thanks Mum!) and anything she may see whilst lurching into help forums ends in two things: a) what did "Zee" mean and b) have I broken the interweb?

view photos

Pianowerk says:

phonecableinternetbundle:

Abuse reported!

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zee Jenkins says:

Flickr isn't going away. Your account(S) are fine. Your photos are fine. Deactivate your panic buttons, FlickrFam. If something was changing OTHER than what was listed/mentioned we would've mentioned it. Hence the service announcement to what IS relevant and no mention of what isn't.

view photos

FlyButtafly says:

I think this is a great development. The Wall Art was a nice idea, but without some sort of outstanding difference to set it apart from all the other sites where you can order large prints/canvases, I'm not surprised it's getting the boot. The books were always missing something too; pricey but without real customization options. I think this will end up being a boon for Flickr - how easy is it going to be now to order books of vacation photos, holiday snaps, sports events, etc. Good move!

view photos

lyndac74 says:

Zee Jenkins:

But Flickr will still be around? I really like Flickr, have joined Blurb, but will probably never use it. Please don't go.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zee Jenkins says:

Itai.B:

How exactly do you connect Blurb to Flickr?

Click on the create tab. Then select the size-ish you want or go to other customization/template options. Launch the bookify tool and go through the needed authorizations and select FLICKR to import your images into the template.

breakbeat:
our $35 can be 'changed' into £

Correct. Blurb is operational and ships to 195 countries. In the possibility that a language of a supported country isn't in our site or theirs, it'll default to English, but the functions and options are still there.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

abby58:

But Flickr will still be around? I really like Flickr, have joined Blurb, but will probably never use it. Please don't go.

Flickr is still around. We're still working in the SF office. We're still sassy. And we're still really into guacamole.

view photos

scurvesahead says:

Well I use a Flickr to keep my pic safe. Not being a Pro shooter. I wouldn't wish to make a book or anything via my photos. No one would give a dime for my book I'm sure. No one cares. It's not important in my opinion unless U R a Pro photographer making a living shooting photos. I'm doing it for fun mainly. In this crazy busy world there R far more important things to spend your few dollars on than a book of say my personal silly photos..They mean something to me only...

view photos

Kaleidoscoop says:

Can anyone give a clear explanation in Dutch?
Although my English is not bad, I don't understand what is happening now.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Kaleidoscoop:

Try copying and pasting the original staff post into Google Translate.

translate.google.com

view photos

kmacgray says:

This thread got REALLY weird. Lots of unfounded paranoia over things that aren't even mentioned in the original announcement. Add me to the confused.

view photos

FlyButtafly says:

kmacgray:

Lots of unfounded paranoia over things that aren't even mentioned in the original announcement

Yeah, I'm totally confused as to where any of that came from...

view photos

Lee M. Tipton says:

Zee Jenkins:

All I want is a safe archive of any and all images stored on Flickr. Don't need Flickr or Blurb.

view photos

Rob Chickering says:

do you have to be a pro user to link flickr to blurb. I cannot find where to do the account linking

view photos

kmacgray says:

withfeathersinmyhair:

You also need to back up your images elsewhere. Flickr is fine for ONE backup source, but storing your images in only one place, especially a website you have no control over, is unwise.

view photos

D. Meisenheimer says:

simonov:

Are you aware what Photobucket just did?

Scares the rest of us...

view photos

HeartofSand says:

Zee Jenkins:

I'd like to know why the email about this with my email and flickr info was delivered not just in my inbox but also in at least one other person's inbox. He forwarded it to me and asked what it was.

I want to know how he got it, why he got it, and how many other people got it. Did it go to everybody in my contacts? Just friends and family?

view photos

kmacgray says:

HeartofSand:

I want to know how he got it, why he got it, and how many other people got it

It appears to have gone out to everyone with a Pro account. Why would it just go to you? It's a general marketing email.

view photos

Boyce Duprey says:

OK. One day I might want to make a book of my Flickr photos.

I checked out the Blurb site and then took a look at linking Flickr and Blurb so it would be an easy process to have a book made.

I stopped at giving permission to link the accounts because authorizing the link, allows Blurb Bookify to (of course) access your Flickr account, but also to access PRIVATE CONTENT.

Now I don't have "private content" in my photostream, but if I did I'd want it to remain PRIVATE. Basically, my eyes only and not for access to anyone else.

Blurb is a third party vendor providing a service for Flickr and I expect Flickr itself to have access to all my content. So, until the access to private content is changed, no thanks third party dudes. I'll do it the tedious way and create an account and upload my piccies.

Oh and in case others seem to get confused and get their 'knickers in a twist'. Blurb CANNOT upload, edit, replace or delete your pictures, or even interact with you via comments, notes or favorite pictures.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

simonov:

Why in the world would any of you conclude from the announcement that the mere offering of a new printing service will endanger your on-line photos? I am really quite mystified and would love to understand the thought process behind this.

The web can be very a confusing place for some. I'm sure many joined flick only for the ability to order photo books. Sending members somewhere else to do what they done on flickr i'm sure is very confusing for those no matter how easy it might be explained to those ones. I think if it was me i would just join another site and delete my flickr account if i was just using it for photo books only ..

view photos

Kaleidoscoop says:

kmacgray:

That is most confusing bablefish

view photos

yaacovk says:

Hello.
after moving to "Blurb", is the free 1T storage space will stay?
what will be the GROUPS stat?
Thanks.

Yaacov.

view photos

CaptLarryS says:

Boyce Duprey:

Lest you think it's only here it happens to your private stuff, do you know if you sign up for Instagram that all your content, all your e-mails, all your friend's e-mails and all the things you post are and can be used by Instagram/Facebook? Yes, they say you can set it to Private, but if you know Facebook, who owns Instagram, you know that process can be so complicated that most of your stuff will leak out to the web and they will deny all responsibility.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, is safe on the web. Look at all the governments and private institutions with millions of dollars to spend on security that get hacked every couple of months.
If you want it private for the most part, do not put it on the web. Period.

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

yaacovk:

after moving to "Blurb", is the free 1T storage space will stay?
what will be the GROUPS stat?

Your Flickr account will not change.
The only thing that is changing is FLICKR'S PRINTED MERCHANDISE procedures and suppliers as stated in the OP.

view photos

CaptLarryS:

that all your content, all your e-mails, all your friend's e-mails and all the things you post are and can be used by Instagram/Facebook? Yes, they say you can set it to Private,but if you know Facebook, who owns Instagram, you know that process can be so complicated that most of your stuff will leak out to the web and they will deny all responsibility.

This is grossly exaggerated. Why sow FUD in this way?.

While it is true dat accidents *can* happen and that private stuff might get leaked due to a bug, and that not posting to the Net is the safest option, it is NOT the rule that private stuff gets leaked.
Also" turning content private on FB is definitely not "complicated". There is an icon at the top of every post, at the end of the time stamp, click on it and there is the list of privacy options.

ED.(Unless of course you are so unwise/careless to leave you phone/computer unattended with your account open...)
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339***Incognito edited this topic 13 months ago.

view photos

CaptLarryS says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339***Incognito:

It is not exaggerated. It is very true. You know me better than to spread bs for the sake of conversation. Private stuff gets leaked all the time. Ask Sony pictures, Goldman Sachs, Enron, Hillary Clinton, Donal Trump etc.
And those FB settings are not the only ones you have to turn on or off. There are other settings way deeper in your user account that have to be dealt with.
With all due respect, I stand by my previous statements.

And this: www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/business/equifax-cyberattack.html

view photos

CaptLarryS:

I just added this bit in my previous post:

ED.(Unless of course you are so unwise/careless to leave you phone/computer unattended with your account open...)

Also: in your earlier post you were suggesting FB would turn over your private content.
Hacks do happen, but in your post you were wrongly representing FB's role in regard to private content.

view photos

henningnandersen says:

Excuse me. I got a message on my yahoo - about changes . Do I have photos on flickr (moved to there from yahoo by yahoo? ) that are in danger of being deleted?

view photos

kmacgray says:

henningnandersen:

Why would you believe that your photos are going to be deleted? All Flickr is doing is making a change to one of its products. That's it.

view photos

CaptLarryS says:

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339***Incognito:

I don't think I implied that. But lest we forget, Yahoo was hacked and over 100 million user's info as taken. Passwords,names, all sorts of things and they didn't tell anyone for over two years.

So intentionally or not, if you want to be relatively safe, keep your info to yourself. Unless you wan to talk about mail theft and what other people will give up on you inadvertently.
CaptLarryS edited this topic 13 months ago.

view photos

simonov says:

scurvesahead:

Well I use a Flickr to keep my pic safe. Not being a Pro shooter. I wouldn't wish to make a book or anything via my photos. No one would give a dime for my book I'm sure

I think you misunderstand the purpose of these photobooks. While some people do indeed use service like Blurb to publish multiple copies for sale, for most people they are exactly like a physical photo album you keep in a bookshelf or on a coffee table.

I like being able to use Flickr to share my photos with people online, but it's also really nice to have a book you can go through at home or show to visitors.

D. Meisenheimer:
Are you aware what Photobucket just did?

Scares the rest of us...

Photobucket users got what they deserved!
simonov edited this topic 13 months ago.

view photos

BHS Rowing says:

Zee Jenkins:

That's unfortunate. I had books made with Blurb and found their quality to be very poor and their customer service lacking as well. There are many good quality printers out there. Blurb is not one of them.

view photos

brawny carpenter says:

Please HELP. I cannot see my photos on flickr you keep telling me I have none? This is not true.
I'm andree.gillan@btinternet.com and have account "Hollietreehouse"
Would you very kindly help or redirect to somebody who can help.
thanks
andree.gillan@btinternet.com

view photos

kmacgray says:

andree.gillan@btinternet.com:

Your issue has nothing to with the subject of this thread, and no one here is going to email you. Please don't hijack a topic with an unrelated question. You can start your own topic here:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/new/

view photos

junepurkiss says:

Again no-one has bothered to answer why Flickr joined with Blurb who say that to do a book you must do so via PC or Mac. I could do a Flickr book on my iPad and now I can’t. I pay to be a Pro member but now I have less options. This is not fair. Surely Flickr should have told us that this was going to happen. I had already placed photos in an Album to do a book and was about to go to Create a Book. Now I have an album and I can’t do a book as no PC. This is so unfair but nobody seems to care ...

view photos

kmacgray says:

junepurkiss:

I pay to be a Pro member but now I have less options.

Photo books and wall art weren't features of a Pro account, so you haven't lost anything you've been paying for.

view photos

Nepali Ned1 says:

Zee Jenkins:
I'm confused. I'm not a Flickr pro member, but post my images on Flickr. Does this mean if I don't remove my photos, they will be deleted? Does this mean I have to sign up with Blurb and pay a fee if I want to continue to have my photos on Flickr/Blurb?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zee Jenkins says:

Nepali Ned1:

Does this mean if I don't remove my photos, they will be deleted?

No.
Nepali Ned1:
Does this mean I have to sign up with Blurb and pay a fee if I want to continue to have my photos on Flickr

No.

It means if you want to print a magazine or photobook from Flickr you now do it on Blurb. That is it. That is all. Exactly as it said. It is an update to the PRINTED MERCHANDISE ONLY to give users more options for customization, flexibility, and better books. That is literally it.

view photos

chorizita says:

Zee Jenkins:

Can I still access my photostream after Dec 1, 2017, or does it disappear? I.e. do I have to actively do anything to move my photos over to blurb?

view photos

kmacgray says:

chorizita:

This announcement has nothing to do with your photostream. And you aren't moving your photos to Blurb.

???

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

chorizita:

Read the post immediately above yours.

view photos

jschumacher says:

chorizita:

All your photos will remain on Flickr. The only thing changing is that if you want to print a photobook from Flickr you will have to do so using the Blurb printing service.

Edit: too slow.

view photos

chorizita says:

Thank you!

view photos

Gabriel FW Koch says:

Zee Jenkins:

Blurb doesn't do wall art.

view photos

FlyButtafly says:

Gabriel FW Koch:

Blurb doesn't do wall art

The very last sentence in the very first paragraph of Zee's announcement states:

Flickr wall art will not be replaced at this time.

view photos

Smilin'Jack says:

Smilin'Jack edited this topic 13 months ago.

view photos

Nepali Ned1 says:

Zee Jenkins:

Thanks Zee, | appreciate it.

view photos

Smilin'Jack says:

simonov:

So many of us don't even look at wall art, let alone post to it. ...and we are only interested in creating online albums. So, no, the Flickr announcement did not address these changes appropriately or considerately. So I'd keep your smarmy, dumb ass comments to yourself !

view photos

mothy44 says:

I cant find my flickr album A search tells me there isnt one. I have had it for years Help. Where should I be looking for it? I got an EMail from you guys , with my user name, but now you are telling me I dont exist. Help please

view photos

onefocus3d says:

Zee Jenkins:

Can I export the books I have created in Flickr to Blurb?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Smilin'Jack:

Flickr makes announcements about things that are changing on the site.

They don't make announcements about things that are not changing.

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

Smilin'Jack:

Flickr announcement did not address these changes appropriately

The title (Changes to Flickr’s Printed Merchandise) is not appropriate ?

(My emphasis).

view photos

ali.ensi says:

Zee Jenkins:

Hello,
What is exactly meant by "Changes to Flickr’s wall art and photo books".
Does ut mean that I will loose my photostream ??

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

ali.ensi:

No, your photostream is safe.

This only concerns Printed Merchandise. If you do not have photobooks (as in printed pages, bound in a cover and sent to you in the mail (delivered to your door)) or wall art then you will not notice any changes at all.

view photos

junepurkiss says:

kmacgray:

But I have lost something that I was able to do before. Such a smug response. Clearly Flickr fon’t care about their customer base ..

view photos

simonov says:

Smilin'Jack:

So I'd keep your smarmy, dumb ass comments to yourself !

Too bad you aren't me!

view photos

guidowerner says:

This really is the most fascinating thread I have ever seen in the help forum.

People still freak out because of concerns that they could lose there photostream although

1) there is absolutely no indication in the original announcement that the photostream could be discontinued,

2) people have aleady been told about thousand times in this thread that they will NOT lose there photostream,

3) and the announced of the new partnership with Blurb wouldn't make sense at all if flckr users lost their photostreams. When creating a photo book on blurb it would be impossible to choose photos from ones photostream on Flickr if the photostream did not exist any longer. And the $35 credit when renewing ones Flickr subscription wouldn't make sense if there were no longer any subscription that could be renewed.

I am completely perplexed by this reactions to Flickrs announcement.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 184 replies in [Official Thread] Changes to Flickr’s photo books and wall art)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads