Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Ongoing improvements & updates to Free & Pro plans
Latest: 6 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 11 hours ago
Mobile app update: stats on the go.
Latest: 3 days ago
[Official Thread] Uploads locked for free members with 1,000+ photos or videos.
Latest: 2 weeks ago
Supporting international currencies and taxes
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Official Thread] CEO Don MacAskill responses to Free and Pro account threads
Latest: 3 months ago

Current Discussion

i've deleted all my photos but its telling there is still 1102 left?
Latest: 26 minutes ago
Don't want Pro, don't want to lose photos
Latest: 51 minutes ago
views
Latest: 3 hours ago
Missing EXIF on iPhone ios 11 or later. Metadata missing. Camera Model Missing. Solved
Latest: 7 hours ago
viewing stats
Latest: 8 hours ago
How do I take put 2800 photos on my external drive.
Latest: 9 hours ago
i don't like photostreams
Latest: 10 hours ago
Pro Upgrade
Uploading pictures is CRAP, STILL.
Farewell Flickr
Latest: 13 hours ago
I can`t download albums
Latest: 15 hours ago
Error when creating zip from an Album
Latest: 15 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] All new Flickr galleries

Flickr Staff

jordansendar says:

We're happy to start rolling out a new experience to help you curate inspiring photos from the Flickr community. The new Flickr galleries refresh a much-loved feature with new design, new functionality, and a massive increase in size-limit.

Galleries on Flickr have always been a great way to curate and showcase images from other photographers, whether you're creating a collection of your favorite portraits from around the world, or you're doing research on an upcoming photo shoot of waterfalls in Iceland. But the display and organization of Flickr galleries had become stale, making them less useful and underutilized as time has gone on.

gallery-view

New galleries display images by default much larger that before, taking advantage of new screen dimensions and resolution. You can switch between three view sizes, though we imagine you’ll really like the large view, so we’ve made that the default as you start out.

add-faves

We've increased the limit of photos in a gallery from 50 to 500, giving you a lot more to work with as you craft the story you want to tell on Flickr. We've also made batch adding much simpler by giving you an option to select up to 500 of your Faves to add to a particular Gallery. By explicitly connecting Faves to gallery creation, we hope to make your workflow simpler when you’re curating your favorite works from other Flickr members. Previously, you’ve had to go to each photo page separately and add the photos one-at-a-time, which means you probably had to open 50 tabs and sort through them all. What a pain!

The other really significant change to galleries that long-time Flickr members will notice is that we have changed the order of new photos added to galleries. Rather than add new photos to the bottom of a gallery, new photos will appear at the top. For existing galleries, any new photos will also go to the top of the gallery. This is important because it shows new activity where people will expect fresh content to show up, and it will mean you don’t have to scroll forever to find new additions. Likewise, we’ve added a link for gallery comments at the top of the gallery, so you don’t need to scroll all the way to the bottom to engage with the gallery creator or other Flickr members in the gallery.

gallery-list

We’ve also done a nice refresh on your galleries list page, where we’ve laid out a triptych of photos, with your cover photo slightly larger than the next two most recently added. We want to show off the primary photo you’ve chosen, and assure that viewers of your galleries see the new content that you have selected. You can see gallery metadata at-a-glance in a new card style that we also use in the gallery itself. We’ve prioritized interactions on your galleries and the images you’ve added to them.

Aside from these new features, we’ve retained most of the facets of galleries functionality that you know. You can update your cover photo at any time by selecting an image from the gallery. You can edit your Title and Description at any time. You can reorder the images in your galleries as often as you like. You can share galleries outside of Flickr with an intuitive share sheet that will improve the presentation of your galleries on other social networks.

This refresh is the first step of various new features that will expand your ability to tell visual stories on Flickr. We'll ramp up the release over the next day or two. Please explore these updates and let us know if you have any questions or comments below.

Thanks,
Jordan Sendar
Flickr Engineering

Btw, here are some posts that will hopefully answer some of the questions you have been asking about how galleries work:
help.flickr.com/en_us/galleries-overview-ryA0XcawQ
help.flickr.com/en_us/create-add-share-or-delete-a-galler...
Posted at 10:04AM, 5 September 2018 PST ( permalink )
Matthew Almon Roth (staff) edited this topic 5 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5
(1 to 100 of 435 replies in [Official Thread] All new Flickr galleries)
view photos

cqstrd says:

jordansendar:

I've been here on Flickr since early 2006 and have never created a gallery. Your description sounded interesting so thought i'd give it a try. I clicked on my galleries tab and it took me to a page with three topics - two of which did not work. The "See how it's done" topic took me to a Yahoo help page which announced "Sorry, no results were found" The "FAQ" topic yielded the same result. I would like to pursue the possibility of creating some galleries so i'm wondering if you will be updating that page.
Posted 5 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jane.statham says:

Brilliant and thank you Flickr.

Not looked at all the features yet, but was hoping that Galleries were on the list for improvements. Great to have bigger galleries too. :O)

Edit: Obviously not all working yet...? Can't increase the size of a Gallery.
jane.statham edited this topic 5 months ago.

view photos

Sebastian Viinikainen. says:

Sooo, how do you make a gallery? Didnt find any button or info about it..

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

cqstrd:

The "See how it's done" topic took me to a Yahoo help page which announced "Sorry, no results were found" The "FAQ" topic yielded the same result.

We're rolling out the new experience in stages, starting with a fraction of total Flickr members. Your description means you're still in the old experience. Soon (in the next day or two) you'll see the new experience like the images above and it will make more sense.

thanks,
Matthew

view photos

jane.statham says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Thanks for the extra info Matthew.

view photos

cqstrd says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Thank you for the quick response, Matthew. I'm looking forward to seeing what possibilities i might have been overlooking for all these years...

view photos

ernstkers says:

Sebastian Viinikainen.:

Sooo, how do you make a gallery? Didnt find any button or info about it.

On any photopage of somebody else you find an "Add to gallery" link. Except for adding to an existing gallery, you can also create a new gallery when you click that link.
The link s not on your own photo pages because you cannot add your own photos to galleries.

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

What is this AOL ad link for?

Galleries

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

G_E_R_D:

What is this AOL ad link for?

Gah! Bug filed with the Yahoo ads team on that. Sorry.

view photos

Smo_Q says:

Beautiful but how to in simply way to join two/more galleries in one?

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Thanks!

view photos

Svitlana Clover says:

I don't like new galleries.
They are too big and take up a lot of space.
How to return old galleries?
You torment me with your innovations.
Why can not you leave everything as it was?
Everything new that you do becomes an enemy of the good.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

I have never really ever looked at galleries before. I don't have the new yet, but how do i make the old galleries?
Scarlet Pimpernel edited this topic 5 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

Smo_Q:

Beautiful but how to in simply way to join two/more galleries in one?

It's not possible to join two galleries into one. But now that we have upped the limit from 50 to 500, hopefully you have enough room for adding more photos to one of the two galleries you wanted to merge.

view photos

Smo_Q says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Thank you very much Matthew.

view photos

ernstkers says:

Scarlet Pimpernel:

how do i make the old galleries?

Just a few posts up, one hour before you asked:
ernstkers:
On any photopage of somebody else you find an "Add to gallery" link. Except for adding to an existing gallery, you can also create a new gallery when you click that link.
The link s not on your own photo pages because you cannot add your own photos to galleries.

view photos

t linn says:

I think it's great that you're improving the site. I've created a couple location-centric galleries to keep track of the work of other Flickr members. Other than that, I don't really see the point of them. How are they better than albums for displaying our own work?

I'd like to see Collections put back on the menu bar. I would find that little change quite useful as it would make navigating multiple albums much easier. As it is now, I don't really bother with collections since no one can easily find them.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

ernstkers:

OK thanks i must have overlooked that. I have just worked it out. Im sure i did see how it worked before when it frist came out. As i have never had any interest in looking at them i forgot how it worked. I'm hoping the new will be better and cach my interest.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

t linn:

Other than that, I don't really see the point of them. How are they better than albums for displaying our own work?

Galleries currently are only collections of images from other members of the site. Albums are only collections of images from your photostream.

We've talked about later iterations on Galleries and/or Albums where we take the best of both and combine them with various permissions levels, but that is not something we're currently working on.

One nice thing with Galleries is that when you add a photo, it sends a notification to the photo owner, so you can get more engagement and connection with others that way.

cheers,
Matthew

view photos

jschumacher says:

t linn:

How are they [Galleries] better than albums for displaying our own work?

Galleries are for organizing and displaying photos on other Flickr accounts, not from our own account. Organizing and displaying our own photos is done through Albums.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

Svitlana Clover:

They are too big and take up a lot of space.

You can change the view size of galleries: large, medium, and thumbnail. We default your view to large at first, but if you change the view size, we will persist that preference.

Look just above the last image on the first row of photos and you'll see three options to change the size of the layout.

view photos

Juan (LANSA301) says:

Awesome! I can't wait to try it.
Thanks Flickr Staff.

view photos

FlyButtafly says:

jordansendar:

You can share galleries outside of Flickr with an intuitive share sheet that will improve the presentation of your galleries on other social networks.

I love everything you guys have done with the new galleries except this. I have sharing turned off, but because this overrides that setting, I now have turned off the ability for people to add my photos to galleries. :( If there was a way to respect my setting, I would turn it back on again. I understand there are other ways to share content and people can hand-construct the html and such; but if I have sharing explicitly turned off, then it should still function that way across the site IMO. :/

view photos

alanharris5 says:

This new gallery has everything. Clear pictures that can be enlarged to study parts of the insect. I love it! It is a shame that some people do not and say they prefer the old style. Don't listen, keep this style please.

view photos

alanharris5 says:

I meat to add, but forgot. This is a fantastic resource for all insect nuts like me.

view photos

GillK2012 says:

Only just seen the new format, think they look fabulous!!! Great idea :)

view photos

mrsparr says:

Where's the link to what photos of mine are in other people's galleries? I can't find it now.

view photos

pbo31 says:

Looks great, only I'm not seeing where it lists how many galleries you've made in total as it use to show at the bottom.

view photos

WIRED FOR LIGHT says:

I love what you've done with the new galleries, both in terms of increasing their size and with the new formatting. Thank you!

view photos

BillRhodesPhoto says:

Who asked for this silliness? I already don't like the way "sharing" is going in the social media world, I fail to see how my photographs should be appearing on someone else's page, nor should theirs on mine.

view photos

dennmahoney says:

My first impression is that it is terrific and your new ideas for arrangement display and access are great. I am sure that the changes will enhance the experience of both displayers and visitors. Great work! Hope to get back to you with further impressions and thoughts. Thanks for your work!

view photos

kmacgray says:

BillRhodesPhoto:

Galleries are not new on Flickr. They have been a feature for many years. This is an update to the design and functionality of them.

I fail to see how my photographs should be appearing on someone else's page, nor should theirs on mine

You are currently displaying others' images on your favorites page.

www.flickr.com/photos/ashevillein/favorites

view photos

Flickr Staff

jordansendar says:

BillRhodesPhoto:

You can prevent your photos from being added to galleries via the "Allow your stuff to be added to a gallery" option on your account privacy settings page www.flickr.com/account/privacy

view photos

emotiroi auranaut says:

There used to be a way for the person making the galleries to comment next to the photos, in the galleries, why the person chose them for the galleries. I always used that. Does that still exist?

view photos

Flickr Staff

jordansendar says:

emotiroi auranaut:

Yep! Hover the photo and click the little note icon to add a remark for why you chose the photo.

view photos

mcnod says:

emotiroi auranaut:

Does that still exist?

Yes, click the icon, lower left of each photo in your Gallery.

view photos

Miro Collas says:

"There was a problem adding this photo to the gallery"
Would be VERY nice to know what problem. Gallery has just 32 images, photo is safe and public.
[Added:] Oh and yes, the photo is NOT my own. :-)
Miro Collas edited this topic 5 months ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

Miro Collas:

"There was a problem adding this photo to the gallery"

Perhaps that particular member does not allow their images to be placed in Galleries. We all have this option in our account settings.

view photos

jschumacher says:

Miro Collas:

Yes, that message could be clearer. The main non-bug reasons that photos can't be added to a gallery are 1) the photographer has disallowed doing so, and 2) they are photos on your account.

view photos

Deleted&Gone says:

So 'galleries' are replacing 'favourites' as a place where particularly admire images can be kept?

The totally meaningless clicking of favourites has meant that few people's choices have been worth looking at for a long time now. What's to prevent galleries becoming just as meaningless?

view photos

Miro Collas says:

jschumacher:

Hum, might have been disallowed. OK thank you.

view photos

designwallah says:

I would like to know why this seemingly arbitrary rule exists: I cannot add one of my own photos to a gallery I create. It does not seem logical that I can create a gallery of a subject I'm interested in but I cannot add one of my own photographs to it. How about letting us add ONE of our own photos? It can't hurt and it wouldn't be against any community guidelines or against the law.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Down&Out:

So 'galleries' are replacing 'favourites' as a place where particularly admire images can be kept?

No.

This is simply redesigning and enhancing the existing galleries feature. Galleries have nothing to do with favorites. They are two completely separate features.

view photos

kmacgray says:

designwallah:

I would like to know why this seemingly arbitrary rule exists: I cannot add one of my own photos to a gallery I create.

It's not arbitrary, it's intentional.

Galleries are for showcasing images by other Flickr members. For showcasing your own stuff, use albums.

It can't hurt and it wouldn't be against any community guidelines or against the law.

It has nothing to do with either.

view photos

deep wire says:

For years flickr treated our galleries as insignificant and unimportant. Many people probably never knew that they actually existed. So this is a giant - albeit long overdue - leap forward. Congratulations and a big Thank You!

view photos

designwallah says:

kmacgray:

What does it have to do with?

view photos

Peter Szawlowski says:

How do I access existing galleries that show some of my images?
Thanks

view photos

kmacgray says:

designwallah:

See my comment above.

Galleries are for showcasing images by other Flickr members. For showcasing your own stuff, use albums.

I have no idea why the community guidelines or law are being introduced into this announcement. Can you clarify?

view photos

jschumacher says:

Peter Szawlowski:

Hover your cursor over You at upper left and click on Galleries. There you will see a link to "Galleries With Your Photos".

view photos

~Vision ~A i r y ~ says:

I love galleries and am pleased to see them being enhanced and promoted.
Please consider allowing us to include some of our own photographs in each gallery....even just two or three per gallery would be nice!This allows us to interact meaningfully and playfully via our creative photographic with groups of conceptually related images from others!

view photos

~Vision ~A i r y ~ says:

Also, providing those of us who have been enjoying the gallery feature for years with an easier tool to merge numerous galleries of the same name now that we are no longer restricted to only 50 images per gallery would be most appreciated!

view photos

Darren LoPrinzi says:

This is OUTRAGEOUS! How DARE you update galleries! Go back to old version from 1978 or I'm cancelling my account and getting a lawyer! ;-)

hehehe...

Seriously, I'm super-happy to see galleries getting some love. Curating a themed gallery is one of the most rewarding things to do on Flickr.

view photos

mcnod says:

Peter Szawlowski:

How do I access existing galleries that show some of my images?

Good question...AIR, this was the link:
www.flickr.com/photos/me/galleries/in

I might be wrong cause all it does is redirect to my Galleries page.

jschumacher:
Hover your cursor over You at upper left and click on Galleries. There you will see a link to "Galleries With Your Photos".

I don't see the link

view photos

~andre says:

~Vision ~A i r y ~:

Please consider allowing us to include some of our own photographs in each gallery....even just two or three per gallery would be nice!
Then they would be groups. Create a group, add your images and invite others to add theirs.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

jschumacher:

Are you on the new version? I don't see that any more.

And the old link doesn't work. :(

view photos

~Vision ~A i r y ~ says:

~andre:Then they would be groups. Create a group, add your images and invite others to add theirs.

I would prefer to be able to interact some of my own images in the gallery setting.....and have wished for this for many years.
Groups and galleries are different entities with different features,settings,layouts and functions.
Certainly though the expansion to a new per gallery maximum of 500 images has blurred this distinction to a degree.

view photos

ultra jam says:

Long time I have not seen such thing which seems a real improvement here.

view photos

"Just an ol' nature boy takin' a picture" says:

My photostream is my personal gallery of sorts. Flickr "Galleries" are for showcasing the work of others. I like the concept. I only present a few galleries, but I do it for fellow members, not for myself. I am very selective as to what I display in a gallery and I always contact the member whose photograph I wish to display. I advise them I've shared their photograph in my gallery and ask permission to leave it there. I've not had any refusals yet.

The new galleries experience is fine with me.

I had thought that displaying galleries might enhance interaction with others but have not experienced any results to that effect, and have recently considered closing out my galleries. Maybe, what with the new & improved Galleries experience, I'll leave them a while and work on improving them.

Thank you Flickr for attempting to improve the "Community" involvement experience.

Edited: I only received the "New" galleries experience this evening. Please be patient, fellow members.
"Just an ol' nature boy takin' a picture" edited this topic 5 months ago.

view photos

spelio says:

cqstrd:

Why don't they get new releases to work properly before telling us about them??

I hope this will not be another NPE!

I hope they have a menu selection that enables a display that ?details=1 does..

It just worked for me OK... looked the same as the old version, but have not reached 50 items yet!

view photos

spelio says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

I would like to combine some old Galleries that are the same titie or subject.

it always bothered me that there was a limit of 50 images.

It would be nice to see them all in one Gallery and viewed as small images or as ?details=1 gives when added to a URL.

Can you add a menu selection that displays like ?details =1

A view selection under Light Box would be nice!

view photos

mcnod says:

spelio:

Can you add a menu selection that displays like ?details =1

When you open a gallery, click the four squares, upper right. Is this what you mean?

view photos

franceseattle says:

I like some of the new features, but could you please add back the feature which tells me how many galleries I have? thank you.

view photos

jschumacher says:

mcnod:
I don't see the link

Brenda Anderson:
Are you on the new version? I don't see that any more.

I have no idea if it is the old or new version. That was the first, and probably last, time I've ever looked at my Galleries page.

view photos

mcnod says:

franceseattle:

how many galleries I have?

844 at the time of this post

view photos

mcnod says:

jschumacher:

I have no idea if it is the old or new version

If you have the new page, you should see a temporary blue info bar at the top of the page.

view photos

Snorkle-suz says:

Love the changes to Galleries! Thank you flickr team :-))

I'm hoping that adding a Search from in the Add multi photos to your gallery from faves, will be one of the features still in development. If not, can I suggest it please? Otherwise scrolling thru the thumbnails trying to find select items for a gallery will still be a lot of hard work. :-)

view photos

skizo39 says:

Whatever happened to the feature that showed my pictures in other members galleries? Please don't do away with that item.

thank you

view photos

@_megareds_ says:

You've essentially deleted the text I carefully drafted to be viewed alongside my gallery photos. That sucks.

view photos

@_megareds_ says:

You've essentially deleted the text I carefully drafted to be viewed alongside my gallery photos. That sucks.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

@_megareds_:

It's still there, but you have to click the little note icon on the corner of the image.

But yes, making it nearly invisible is disappointing for those of us who fully used them.

view photos

roanfourie says:

Very pleased with the new refreshed galleries.

One recommendation or feature request:
- Can we have the ability to have hidden or private galleries?

Keep well,
Roan

view photos

Hefen says:

I like it.

view photos

Fabien83400 says:

Bonne petite fonctionnalité, bravo ! ^^

view photos

Svitlana Clover says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

"You can change the view size of galleries: large, medium, and thumbnail... Look just above the last image on the first row of photos and you'll see three options to change the size of the layout."

I didn't understand you. How can change the view size of galleries? How to make pictures miniature? There are no additional icons on this page: i.pinimg.com/originals/58/12/a5/5812a50731731c84dee050795...

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

I've never made or used galeries before. Like others have said though being able to add some of our own photos seems very normal. It seems to me just another collection of faves otherwise.. If I were to create a gallery of say a 8th September 2018 group visit to Flickr HQ for example, I would want to add a few of my own photos too taken there on that date if I had any say to complete the "STORY" of the visit as flickr often talk about.

I'm not sure why I would want show all the other members photos of the Flickr HQ visit but not be able to show some of my own photos of the visit in the Gallery too to complete the "STORY"?
Scarlet Pimpernel edited this topic 5 months ago.

view photos

FinnCamera says:

Looks very good. This helps much organising of favorites when I have already faved over 181 000 pics.

view photos

abstractartangel77 says:

All good and well having the new Galleries Experience, and judging by the screenshots it all looks very good (I've not got it yet but have several Galleries), but really it's just like a version of Pinterest whereby we can showcase others' images and not our own.
It would have been far better if this new Experience was applied to our Albums instead, whereby we could showcase our own images in this way, even if it was only for the Pro members.

view photos

* mariozysk * (OFF for a longer while) says:

I love the way it looks. The photos are nicely presented in the new gallery.

view photos

Catherine Reznitchenko says:

Hello,

Thanks for this new galleries experience, it's really better than the old dusty version !

view photos

Ilkhanid says:

The increased number is too large. Having a smaller limit made me focus, choose wisely, leave out unnecessary additions.
Also, all of my captions to the images have vanished. I took a lot of care and time over those....now they're gone

view photos

Ilkhanid says:

jordansendar:

Yes, but it is only visible in that mode. Heretofore, the captions that one made could appear in one visible stream with the photographs, as a unified totality...visible to everyone who looked at first glance.

view photos

itarchitectkev says:

jordansendar:

I've had the option to add a Gallery in the menu since I joined but never had the ability to actually create one. This Beta gets me one stage further: I can create a Gallery - but that's it.
I'm unable to add any of my own photos to a Gallery. It takes me to a page where I can add Faves only. I want to create a Gallery of my own. I then go to read the announcement and gives a big old Error 404 page too. After clicking around trying to get back to my Photostream, I end up at a Error 500 Bad Panda page. Not a great experience.

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

itarchitectkev:

"I'm unable to add any of my own photos to a Gallery"

This has been explained before, even in this thread;

You cannot add your own photos to a gallery.

Galleries are for you to put other members photos in.

Albums are for your own photos.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

Alan.Rust:

You cannot add your own photos to a gallery.

Galleries are for you to put other members

This seems to make no sense to many of us. Ok it makes no sense to be able to create a gallery with just our own photos. But it also makes no sense not to be able to add a few photos of our own to complete the gallery story as the example I said further up the thread.

view photos

Mike Slade. says:

I'm not really sure why I would want to showcase other peoples photo's I do the odd fav from time to time but that's it.

view photos

Alan.Rust says:

Scarlet Pimpernel:

Perhaps sometime in the future what you wish for may come to being, but the post I was answering said that they were unable to add their own photos to galleries (I took that to mean NOW).

I merely explained why that was not possible, I was not debating the pros and cons of the current system, nor was I arguing with your earlier post.

If I am in error, or confused the person I was attempting to help, I apologise.

view photos

Sophie Chapuis says:

voilà une très bonne initiative, cela montre que flickr peut évoluer et ça c'est une bonne nouvelle !!! merci à vous

view photos

HansHolt says:

Remark about 2 things I don't like about new galleries:

- I sometimes build a gallery to show examples for a challenge in a group.
In the 'old' galleries the pictures didn't need to been faved by me, and not all examples were ones that I would fave.
In the new galleries it's only possible to add pictures that I faved.

- I can fave pictures, and they show up in my faves collection, but not all of those faved ones I can add to a gallery.
Why can someone prevent adding to galleries, while adding to faves is possible. What's the difference?, in both cases you show pictures of other members.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

abstractartangel77:

we can showcase others' images and not our own.

It seems that quite a few of us think the same. I guess a workaround might be the answer by opening a second flickr account then pulling your photos from there. It seems to me that flickr missed a trick with this new version of galleries. It could have been very usefull.

view photos

clif_burns says:

[message deleted by author]

view photos

kmacgray says:

HansHolt:

In the new galleries it's only possible to add pictures that I faved

That's not accurate.

You can add any photo to a gallery in the same way you could before. Adding faves is a new option that has been added to this version of galleries.

view photos

spelio says:

mcnod:

Could be, I will examine it when the update arrives...

view photos

spelio says:

Scarlet Pimpernel:

Like in a Album.. I have one called A Selection!

view photos

spelio says:

Scarlet Pimpernel: I guess a workaround might be the answer by opening a second flickr account then pulling your photos from there.

Like in a Album.. I have one called A Selection!

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

spelio:

Explain?

view photos

abstractartangel77 says:

Scarlet Pimpernel:

. It seems to me that flickr missed a trick with this new version of galleries. It could have been very usefull.
Yes, I totally agree!

view photos

FinnCamera says:

Might be that I just can't find that but if but there could be some search function when you are adding from favorites. It is quiet hard job go through favorite site searching suitable pics to gallery.

view photos

Trevor Coultart says:

While it's lovely to see Galleries getting some attention, surely it's Collections that are way overdue a refresh. Please, please do something to bring them up to standard.

view photos

~Vision ~A i r y ~ says:

I'd be quite happy to see Albums laid out in a similar format and presentation to the new galleries

view photos

rblast says:

All this information about galleries you fail to mention that its for other peoples photos and not your own. Why is that in your headline. Very bad and flawed roll out.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5
(1 to 100 of 435 replies in [Official Thread] All new Flickr galleries)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads