Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Staff: working on a fix] "Flickr Pro account – payment problem"
Latest: 12 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 3 days ago

Current Discussion

malfunction selection window
Latest: 41 minutes ago
posting limits
Latest: 60 minutes ago
Recent Activity
Latest: 85 minutes ago
Flickr Pro Subscription charged twice
Latest: 2 hours ago
FlickrIdeas offline?
Latest: 3 hours ago
Bad Panda constantly
Abrupt "Your Flickr Pro account has been cancelled – account past due"
Galleries: Can you reorganize the order of galleries?
Latest: 12 hours ago
[solved: fb setting change] sharing latest upload to facebook is not working
Latest: 19 hours ago
[FIXED] Weird disply/editing problems [Shard 51 DB lag]
Latest: 20 hours ago
Oops! There was a problem replacing this photo...
Latest: 20 hours ago
Flickr vs. SmugMug
Latest: 22 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Can't Upload Photos with Mac Yosemite

jstarbeck PRO says:

Since I have upgraded to Yosemite OSX 10.3.3 and now have "Photos" instead of iPhoto I have only very sporadically been able to upload my images to Flikr. I have tried "sharing" to Flikr directly from Photos. I tried the stupid new Uploadr for Mac (can't even locate my pictures with that thing) and of course tried the regular choose your photos option from the Flikr Upload page.

I have best luck directly sharing from my Mac Photos but only now and then. Most of the time it "prepares" the photos for sharing, but only occasionally do I get the box that allows me to complete the process.

Uploading directly from Flikr take F O R E V E R for even a small amount of photos and I usually give up before it is complete.

I have used Flikr for years with no generally no problem.

Can someone just be clear...is this a problem with Mac or Flikr. Does it just not play nice with Macs anymore?
Posted at 6:24PM, 27 April 2015 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

I'm a Mac user and uploading works fine using the web uploader.
Posted 40 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jstarbeck PRO says:

kmacgray are you using iPhoto or the new Photos?

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

jstarbeck: If you're having upload issues via the website uploadr, it could be that Photos is also timing out over the same connectivity issues. If you have a laptop by any chance I'd recommend trying to use it on an alternate internet/wifi and see if it performs the same or better.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

jstarbeck:

Neither. As I mentioned above, I use the web uploader here on the site.

view photos

pacsailor says:

@jstarbeck, I see the same problem after I upgraded to OS X 10.10.3, in my case after it "prepares" the photos for sharing I get the dialog box for uploading with the message,

Share "(null)" to flickr

and nothing happens. This happens occasionally so I am not sure where the problem is.

This is the first thread I see addressing this issue, maybe no many users have this combination.

view photos

jenniranee PRO says:

jstarbeck: I had the same issue after upgrading to Yosemite last night. After logging into Flickr (which looked completely different, more like it does on my iPhone), I now have to click on the "flickr.com" link and open that window, closing the first window. This now looks more like how it did before when I was on Mountain Lion. This allows me to upload pictures just fine and exactly how I did before. That being said, I still cannot add the pictures to a map yet (accurately).

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

jenniranee: What you're describing sounds kind of like you're viewing the mobile version of the site (on a mobile phone clicking that "flickr.com" link goes to the full site. And there is no "Flickr.com" link on the full site).

When you first go to the site, the "wrong" site, does the URL have an "m" in it? like "m.Flickr.com"? If so that's the mobile version of the site. No idea why your full-computer's browser would be defaulting to that (maybe you're using a bookmark that has that URL?), but it could cause all sorts of weirdness if that's what's happening.

view photos

jenniranee PRO says:

The Searcher: I just checked that and yes. When I upgraded, it synced my iPad and iPhone and there you have it. Thanks for the info!

view photos

jstarbeck PRO says:

kmacgray:

Yes, I understand you are using the web uploader. My question was where are you drawing your photos from on your mac. Are they in iPhoto or the new Photos or somewhere else. I had no problems with the old operating system that used iPhoto. Now that OX 10.3.3 has replaced iPhoto with Photos, I am having the issues.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

jstarbeck:

I'm just uploading JPG files directly via the web uploader. I'm not using iPhoto or Photos.

view photos

ColleenM says:

kmacgray:

Perhaps he's asking for the file path to get to your photos.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

In that case, I have a folder on my Desktop named "Flickr uploads", where I place JPGs that are saved out of Photoshop. Those files are then dragged and dropped into the web uploader and sent up.

view photos

kiwirat PRO says:

I do what kmacgray: does, I have a MacBook Air 13" with 10.10.3 and have no issues at all. I also have Photos.

view photos

sahand.zamani says:

kmacgray:

how do you think this is a help full response?

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

sahand.zamani: it seemed like a very clear explanation to me (granted I use PC and not mac, but the concept of file folders works more or less the same). What part are you getting hung up on?

view photos

Valencia Adventure says:

I have the same problem, since i've download OS X 10.10.3 i can't upload photos to flickr, even in the page of flicker.

Anyone has a real solution?

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

sahand.zamani:

Which part do you think is unhelpful? Which part are you not understanding? I will try and clarify it for you.

view photos

Varvara_R PRO says:

Yesterday I've uploaded 1 photo-after numerous efforts. Now cannot upload anything. I have Windows 7

view photos

Frank Busch PRO says:

I also have upload issues using Lightroom. Seems to be a Flickr issue.

view photos

Little Baby Chloe says:

Problem uploading from web and from Finder -> share -> Flickr on Yosemite.

view photos

Jonathan Fletcher Photography PRO says:

Also struggling to upload saved jpegs from a folder on my macbook pro, edited from lightroom 5......I got a few on yesterday...eventually...but just will not upload through safari or chrome.....annoying now!

view photos

m0ng says:

I'm not even getting the option to share to flickr in the share sheet, even though I have it ticked as an option in the new photos app on mac...

view photos

goforchris PRO says:

Since updating to Yosemite and Photos, I can no longer use the "drag and drop" option on Flickr, and recently I've found the flickr upload page crashing when I select photos to upload and hit "open". I'm using Safari on a fairly new desktop Mac. Anyone find this?
Posted 39 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ted Brogan1 PRO says:

Very frustrating! I'm having the same issue with my iMac since updating to the new Photos. I uploaded 4 albums of photos from my vacation fine. Now I can't get anything to upload. Also frustrating with iPhoto I use to be able to create an album in flickr before uploading, from iPhoto, Photos will not let me do this.

view photos

susanvg PRO says:

I have no problem uploading from Photos - 1 at a time or a whole album. The problem comes when I want to upload a few that are not consecutive. I used to be able to drag and drop from iPhoto directly to the flickr upload page, add my tags, put in albums etc. No more. No drag and drop from Photos :-(

view photos

erikvanstokkom says:

Same problem here. Uploading of 88 photos takes forever. Could not upload from Photos directly in Yosemite 10.10.3. Dragging photos from Photos into the upload page in Flickr does not work. Uploading with the utility takes over ten hours?
I will take my photos elsewhere, because this does not work at all....

view photos

Angels Landing says:

I am also having problem of uploading using Photos. After getting a message box saying exporting images for sharing, the box disapreas and nothing happen afterwards. Very annoying!!

view photos

fumi PRO says:

Still having problem uploading via Photos. I hope it gets fixed...
Posted 38 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Chris Nellis says:

Add another person to the list.

I'm able to upload through the web but it only sees a fraction of the photos in a chosen album. It's also very slow and breaks connection frequently meaning I keep having to press repeat. The Flickr uploader is also useless because, like the web, it only shows parts of the library.

I have found that Photos allows me to select a maximum of 83 photos to upload to Flickr. Anymore than that and the option doesn't even appear in the Share menu (only allows access to iCloud photo store and set up a different connection where Flickr is shown ticked).

I'm also experiencing the issue with the processing images bar showing activity but nothing more. Once this happens my Macbook Pro tends to warm up a notch or two. This last part I'd actually put down to me being on the beta program so I'm getting updates and patches early where errors can be prevalent, but, on the first part at least, it appears I'm not alone.

view photos

Knox O (Wasi Daniju) says:

Sadly adding my voice to the list of those having this problem with the new 'Photos for Mac' - I have had issues uploading to Flickr ever since I upgraded to Yosemite.

An additional issue - when I attempt to use the uploadr, it orders photos by when I edited them, rather than when they were taken, meaning photos are out of order, and can only be manually sorted into the correct chronological order.

Any idea if either Flickr or Apple intend to do anything about this, or is this just it now?

view photos

understood deer says:

So... when will this issue be fixed? Uploadr still isn't working for me, and the web upload isn't working either.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339***Incognito PRO says:

corimarti:

Can you still use the Old Uploadr?

www.flickr.com/photos/upload/basic

view photos

bliss24 says:

Just updated to OS X Yosemite and can no longer drag from Photos (iphoto) to the web uploadr. I can drag from my desktop, but not from Photos. Help!

view photos

flickring PRO says:

I'm on a Mac. I just updated to Yosemite and Photos (from iPhoto), and am now unable to share photographs to Flickr. Like many other people, I can select them in the Photos app and click Share then click Flickr, and nothing happens. A couple times it appeared the photos were actually prepared to share, but that was all.
I also tried the Flickr-based uploaders, none of which worked with my Yosemite/Photos-based Mac.
Last, when I select some photos in the Photos app and click Share to Flickr, I am instead sent to Systems Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu, where Flickr is _already_ selected as a 3rd party extension.
It's so frustrating. Can anyone give guidance?

view photos

kiwirat PRO says:

corimarti:

So... when will this issue be fixed? Uploadr still isn't working for me, and the web upload isn't working either.

what happens when you try?

I have 10.10.4 and upload with no issues at all. I also use Photos. I have a folder called Flickr on my desktop, I export photos from Photos to that folder, the I click the Upload button to the left of my buddy icon and upload from that folder. I never would trust the share options from any programs to interact with Flickr, I like to have control over that. :)

view photos

peteresteie says:

I also have issues with automatic upload of photos from Photos to Flickr. It used to work with iPhotos.
I can manually select and upload photos and shortly after, the automatic upload also kicked in, so I had all photos double in flickr (very practical!).

Perhaps one day we will get another update (mac or flickr) which will correct this.
Posted 37 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

understood deer says:

MabelAmber® ***Pluto5339*** Queen of Streetshots:

Yes, that still works. It's going to be a PITA with the number of photos I have to upload, but it's better than nothing. Thanks.

view photos

understood deer says:

kiwirat:

When the Flickr Uploadr launches, it immediately crashes. When I try to drag and drop images from Photos to www.flickr.com/photos/upload/, nothing happens.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339***Incognito PRO says:

corimarti:

What browser are you using and which version of that browser?

Check here to find out if you are doing Flickr on a Flickr supported browser:

www.flickr.com/supportedbrowsers

Also: give this a read through:

help.yahoo.com/kb/flickr/fix-upload-issues-flickr-sln1566...

view photos

ColleenM says:

corimarti:

What browser are you using?

view photos

understood deer says:

Firefox 39.0.

view photos

friedcrabb says:

jstarbeck:

I am having the same problem. Very frustrated. Switched over to Photos from iPhoto, now I either have great difficulty uploading photos to Flickr or it doesn't work at all. At first I found that if I tried to upload more than a certain number, the Flickr option would not appear in the menu. Then I found that I couldn't specify an album to put them in, si then had to go in and manually try to sort the photos (from very tiny on screen images) into a new album. And worst of all, when I tried yesterday to upload a number of photos, I got the message that said they were exporting, then nothing else happened, and then those photos simply DISAPPEARED from Photos!! They didn't go to Flickr and I have no idea what happened to them! Does anyone have a fix or a suggestion for a better photo service that actually works with Photos??

view photos

ernstkers PRO says:

friedcrabb:

Does anyone have a fix

Maybe ask Apple? Photos is made by Apple, including the option to share to Flickr.

view photos

friedcrabb says:

Posted a question on their forum too, but can't call as no longer under warranty for the Mac...

view photos

WarbabyReelist says:

Right click on Photos Library.. Click "Show Package Contents." Choose Originals or Modified for dates you want. Drag folder to Flickr window.

view photos

WarbabyReelist says:

Or, I found that eventually it was possible to share with Flickr from Photos. Not sure why.

view photos

choosersphotos says:

And this is a related question: I can either upload the entire Photos library or nothing at all. I only want to upload some of the albums. Is there a way select less than the whole? If not, WHY NOT?

view photos

harpyr PRO says:

kiwirat:

Does this end up taking up additional space on your computer? My hesitation to exporting all my photos to be backed up is that means I'm either exceeding the storage capacity on my computer by duplicating so many photos or I'm doing them all in small batches that I have to then delete before I can export more. So time consuming.

view photos

harpyr PRO says:

I guess the best approach for me will be to import my photos off my SD card directly to a folder on my Mac, then separately upload them to flickr from there and import them into Photos. Basically keeping Photos and Flickr separated since they can't seem to play nice together. I hope they fix the issue. I've wasted so much time trying to figure this out.

view photos

harpyr PRO says:

What really angers me is I'm convinced that this is Apple's way of giving Flickr users the finger because they want us to pay the ridiculous prices for iCloud storage instead of using Flickr. Why would I pay Apple 20 bucks a month for 1 TB of storage when I get unlimited storage here for $24 A YEAR. No contest.

view photos

LFMcW says:

I can't upload my pictures to Flickr either. Wasted a lot of time and becoming very frustrated.
Posted 36 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

octoberblue13 PRO says:

Same issue with me. I have the Flickr Uploadr on my imac and recently 'upgraded' (ha!) to the new Photos program (Yosemite) and the Uploadr isn't even recognizing the Photos folder like it used to. Would like to once again be able to easily upload 100+ photos of my choice at a time, and be able to prepare tags, change filenames, and indicate Flickr folder location before the upload happens. Grr. Frustrating, much.

view photos

kiwirat PRO says:

harpyr:

Does this end up taking up additional space on your computer?

Only temporarily, I export the photos I want to folder on my desktop, and have the uploader only looking at that folder. Once the photos are in there they get uploaded to Flickr.

view photos

Matthew Stuttard says:

Yep - same problem iMac, Yosemite, upload to Flickr does not complete. Only way is to export photos. Also problem with exporting some photos if they have been edited. This is very annoying! Procedures which used to work fine do not any more!

view photos

Steve-h PRO says:

I have a MacBook Pro with Yosemite, store jpgs intended for flickr on my desktop and have no problems at all uploading them with the on-site flickr uploader. I use Safari, but do not use Photos.

view photos

txmx 2 PRO says:

(more or less related - I dont want to open an extra thread for my question).

I use the old flickr uploadr standalone app (vers. 3.2.1, the latest but from 2009 ! - it is not available in the app garden anymore) and it works perfect & troublefree with Mavericks. Much more convenient than the web uploader.

But I'm with Yosemite soon. Anybody knows if this combination will still work?

edit:

www.macupdate.com/app/mac/24900/flickr-uploadr
txmx 2 edited this topic 36 months ago.

view photos

Nygren_family PRO says:

kiwirat:

That's an interesting solution to the new limited Mac Photos interaction with Flickr.

If you EDIT your pictures in Photos, for example crop a picture, is the cropped picture uploaded to Flickr or the original unedited picture?

Apple clearly limited the ability to upload seamlessly to Flickr to force us all to use their own cloud service

I wonder how long Apple can continue to mess with their customers in this way

view photos

Jan.Timmons PRO says:

Steve-h:

Same here, Steve. No problems with the same setup. Can also upload from my iPad.

I don't agree with those who suspect an Apple conspiracy, unless problems originate using Photos. I upload directly from a file on my desktop or external hard drive. And I am able to upload just as easily using my Windows PC.

view photos

tekromantik PRO says:

For anyone who experiences the "Share (null)" problem, I have found that reducing the amount of photos that I try to upload in one batch solves the issue. Strangely the upper limit seems to vary from time to time, but it tends to be around 30 images for me. This may be influenced by file size. I'm uploading full-resolution images from my DSLR.

Although, reducing the batch size solves the "null" bug, it's still an annoyance, that I can't upload an entire session-worth of photos in one action. Instead, I need to monitor the upload progress and upload in several smaller batches. It's a bit like baking cookies, but the digital world really shouldn't work that way.
Posted 35 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ghostly Presents says:

pacsailor:

I'm having the issue. No uploads since being forced to convert to new Yosemite version. First Yosemite destroys my Aperture library and I lose all my albums. Now this. Apple is on the slide man, big time. They've forgotten their core fan base, the Mac Classic and LCII users from back in the day.

If its not an iPhone ting I don't think they care. Shame.

view photos

Ghostly Presents says:

Nygren_family:

I completely agree. First its iTunes DRM, then iPhoto (RIP), what next?! Where will this end? I'm losing faith and patience.

view photos

clarasantoro says:

So, I think there is a solution: I looked for the old iPhotos on mac. It still exists. Once you open it, you can import the photos from Photos to Iphoto and then upload to Flickr without a problem.

view photos

kiwirat PRO says:

Ghostly Presents:

First Yosemite destroys my Aperture library and I lose all my albums.

Hence the reason they warn you time machine your computer before upgrading.

clarasantoro:
So, I think there is a solution: I looked for the old iPhotos on mac. It still exists. Once you open it, you can import the photos from Photos to Iphoto and then upload to Flickr without a problem.

Or you can export to a folder on your desktop, then use the web uploader to upload.

view photos

packofhuskies PRO says:

Angels Landing:

This is exactly what happens to me. So frustrating!
Posted 34 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

packofhuskies PRO says:

flickring:

No guidance, but I'm also experiencing this, and misery loves company, right? I hardly use Flickr since upgrading to Yosemite. I miss my Flickr peeps!

view photos

packofhuskies PRO says:

txmx 2:

I also used an old Flickr uploaded and loved it. Then I upgraded to Yosemite, and the old one doesn't work anymore. Nor does iPhoto. I've been a Mac girl for 28 years... never been this unhappy/frustrated.

view photos

Mr. Safety PRO says:

I just figured out if you upload in SMALL BATCHES to Flickr.com, it will work from Yosemite. 20 to 30 pictures at a time.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads