Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Staff: working on a fix] "Flickr Pro account – payment problem"
Latest: 12 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 3 days ago

Current Discussion

malfunction selection window
Latest: 41 minutes ago
posting limits
Latest: 60 minutes ago
Recent Activity
Latest: 85 minutes ago
Flickr Pro Subscription charged twice
Latest: 2 hours ago
FlickrIdeas offline?
Latest: 3 hours ago
Bad Panda constantly
Abrupt "Your Flickr Pro account has been cancelled – account past due"
Galleries: Can you reorganize the order of galleries?
Latest: 12 hours ago
[solved: fb setting change] sharing latest upload to facebook is not working
Latest: 19 hours ago
[FIXED] Weird disply/editing problems [Shard 51 DB lag]
Latest: 20 hours ago
Oops! There was a problem replacing this photo...
Latest: 20 hours ago
Flickr vs. SmugMug
Latest: 22 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Consistent upload failures and disconnect errors

oblomberg PRO says:

Over the last four days, I have have received failure to upload files for at least 1 out of every 10 photos. I also have experienced a pop-up indicating I have become disconnected and must reconnect multiple times each session. It is not a network issue as no other website is having such problems and it has occurred from multiple locations across multiple ISPs.
Posted at 7:18PM, 9 May 2015 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Happyshooter / Joe M PRO says:

I can't upload any photos at the moment. Upload attempt just hangs there. Very frustrating! Please fix.
Posted 40 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Lynda True PRO says:

Not only are there problems with uploading, I can't even log out. The whole site seems to have gone wonky (that's a technical term).

I'm slowly moving pictures back from Ipernity (they pretend to listen, but they're not much better than Yahoo), but this is making me crazy.

Hello? Anyone there?

view photos

panini1729 says:

Yes, uploading has always been the weakest part of flickr. It's never worked well. But the past two days uploading has been especially bad.
panini1729 edited this topic 40 months ago.

view photos

panini1729 says:

It took 6+ hours to upload about 90 photos (and I have a 100 Mbps network connection!). The reason it can only upload about 5-10 photos before it hangs. So I had to keep running the uploader numerous times (each time removing the few that it managed to upload before).

view photos

pavel_pp says:

Same problem here. Is this what I am paying for? I have been trying to upload photos since yesterday. Managed to upload maybe 10. Uploadr just hangs, web browser keeps saying that I am offline (fire your programmer please). I want this to be fixed yesterday!

view photos

Elyse Childs Photography PRO says:

I'm also having the same problem with it saying some files failed to upload and it is also disconnecting.

view photos

parsimonious grass says:

been trying all week to upload some pictures. ive got both the same prompts as everyone else commenting in this post. ridiculous and definently not worth the aggravation.

view photos

Clever Dogs PRO says:

Can't seem to upload anything tonight, constant errors, timing out, etc. Frustrating.

view photos

pavel_pp says:

Amazon cloud drive seems like a good alternative, www.amazon.com/clouddrive/ Uploads are very fast. Unlimited everything plan is only 60 usd/year.

view photos

Kev Gregory (General) PRO says:

Their deathly silence on this issue is ridiculous, a photo hosting site where the community cannot upload photos!!

Brilliant, just bloody brilliant!! :-(

view photos

thomas lieser (thomas-lieser.smugmug.com) says:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157652549510492/

it's a flickr problem...

view photos

The Cwmbran Creature. PRO says:

It's slow, keeps saying 'Communications error', or getting that NOT FUNNY 'BONK' message. Another fail by Flickr.

view photos

l plater PRO says:

I haven't been able to upload any image for the last 2 days (since 10 May 2015). Screen hangs. When will Flickr fix this problem?

view photos

Steve-h PRO says:

I found the only way I could upload a photo was to use Lightroom. The flickr uploader on Safari just didn't work, constant time-outs.

view photos

grahambrown1965 PRO says:

Ditto. I just keep trying and trying to upload pictures to no avail. Not had this problem before and seems to be since the interface format changed the other day. I keep getting file timed out and "Bonk! Errors must be fixed before you can continue". Or" there is a connection problem." There are no errors on my part and my connection is perfect. If I sent a photo from my phone via Safari it will upload, but the majority of my photos are taken on DSLRS and am trying to upload via home computer as I always do. What's going on??? Please fix. Like others I pay for my account....
grahambrown1965 edited this topic 40 months ago.

view photos

drburtoni PRO says:

I cannot upload any photos. I downloaded the Beta Mac upload and have had nothing but trouble since. Disconnect/Reconnect windows on every attempt. This is very frustrating and no response from Yahoo.

view photos

pieceoplastic PRO says:

yep, upload borked since layout changes. fix! OMG

view photos

avi.advani PRO says:

what the hell everytime they update everything goes haywire. Having problems uploading since a few days already and dont see any resolution or any acknowledgement from flickr, This is what I am paying for?? they cannot even till today have a reliable upload tool for doing bulk uploads, I still use the decade old flickr uploadr tool

view photos

Gertrud K. PRO says:

It took me more than half an hour to upload 4 photos with the online uploader! I hope this problem will be resolved very soon. Like this it's unusable.

view photos

ngawangchodron PRO says:

Cannot upload photos, however since it seems to be pervasive problem, I guess I will just try tomorrow. I don't consider this to be a satisfactory customer experience, and this type of snafu seems common whenever there are changes..what the dickens???

view photos

technodean2000 says:

+1, been trying all weekend, managed 1 photo to upload within 8 hours, constant time outs and today's new one being "looks like there is a connection problem". Also the dead white space either side looks dreadful which intern has shrunk the images on display.

view photos

awdphotography says:

This is ridiculous, I have been trying to upload event photos to share.. please sort this ASAP!

view photos

Manny Esguerra says:

Wake up flickr

view photos

smokeanleather says:

Gertrud K.:

Half an hour to upload four photos? That was bloody quick! I spent 2 hours uploading no photos because they wouldn't upload!

view photos

Human Golmohammadi says:

Tried to upload about 200 pictures last night but the uploading freezes, the connection is lost, the pictures fail to upload. After several hours when half of the pictures were ready I gave up and thought the problem was temporary. Today I tried with 5 pictures but I can't even upload those. My customers are waiting to preview their pictures...

view photos

The Moog Image Dump PRO says:

panini1729:

Yep, you said it. I'm stunned a lot of the time by how terrible Flickr can be. I love the site but i'm sick of all the constant errors.

view photos

saxman1597 PRO says:

I can't upload anything at all now.

view photos

FrankBoyd PRO says:

I'm having the same problem: repeatedly failing to upload just one image.

view photos

Saturated Imagery says:

Same problesm here. Tried on Friday night - getting message about connection errors. Assumes it was my shoddy connection.

Now trying at work via JANET connection - I can upload half a gig of images in about a minute normally. Still getting this message and file timed out etc.

Unsatisfactory.

view photos

Eddie Crutchley PRO says:

I can't upload at the moment I keep getting timed out or told that I'm having connection problems when I'm connected. Please fix, it is very frustrating.

view photos

tim ellis PRO says:

Same Problems - Some photos in a batch not loading titles, or descriptions or tags - despite all being added in the same way.

I also had problems trying to select a single photo in the Uploadr to assign to groups, as the select tool insisted on selecting everything from the "most recent upload" to the photo I was trying to select...

view photos

junepurkiss PRO says:

Same problem with me too. Not been able to upload one photo. Tried numerous times this morning to no avail. Please fix and acknowledge there is a problem ... Grrrrr. Frustrating!

view photos

Wayne Cappleman (Haywain Photography) says:

pavel_pp:

Amazon Cloud isn't an alternative. I use Flickr as an image host, not a place to save my files.

view photos

Brendan :-) says:

Just resized a pic to 2000x3000 and it uploaded after several fails at full size!

view photos

Matt Burke PRO says:

I've reverted to using the old uploader www.flickr.com/photos/upload/basic slow but has worked better than the newer uploader. Uploading from the phone seems fine (just a pain to get images from camera to phone to flickr)

view photos

rolandmks7 says:

Matt Burke, Thanks!! You're right - it's slow, but at least it works.

view photos

FrankBoyd PRO says:

Sadly, the old uploader isn't working for me. Been trying to upload one image for about six hours: constant fail.

view photos

Semilevel says:

Same problem here. Can't use the old uploadr either. I want to upload my holiday photos >_<

view photos

thoughtfactory PRO says:

Matt Burke: same here

view photos

Jason Dashney says:

I can't upload one particular photo. I tried different resolutions, I tried to open and re save it in Preview, nothing. Then I tried to upload another random photo and it worked. Then I went back to the original and it won't. The progress bar stops at the exact same spot no matter which version of the jpg I try to upload.

view photos

Tom Hilton PRO says:

Old uploader is not working for me. Tried twice now--each time, a long wait before I finally get a "this webpage is not available" message.

And the most disheartening part of all this? Not one Flickr person dropping in to say "sorry, we're aware of the problem and we're trying to fix it" (or whatever). That just pisses me off.

view photos

ripkas says:

Continued issues with uploading. Either file error or failure to connect error appears every time. Haven't been able to upload a photo for two days now...

view photos

scotthines says:

when i got the notice that i now had 1T of space for pictures on Flickr i started uploading. I have over 25000 pictures, the new uploader uploaded 18000+ but is stuck on one, and there is no way to skip, delete or workaround the glitch. The picture it is stuck on was in the trash in iPhoto why it is uploading trash i haven't a clue.

view photos

Nick Ingamells says:

Likewise - cannot upload. Presumably Flickr read this so why can't they even post a simple -'sorry but we're on it and hope to have everything working as normal by ....' Anyone got any suggestions for an alternative photo-hosting site?

view photos

John Hickey - fotosbyjohnh says:

Also unable to upload. Keeps saying timed out, failed to upload and connection issue. Obviously it is a Flickr issue

view photos

Ferdinand 'Ferre' Feys says:

Seeing all the posts here, I think not much is being posted on flickr for the moment. I thought wrong: people I knew are posting now... How come?????
And almost nothing to see of comments on their facebook or twitter....

view photos

Bilal /\/\iRza بلال ميرزا 米比勒 PRO says:

Wake up Flickr ! :/

view photos

PEA 2015 PRO says:

Yesterday it took me about an hour to upload one image.
Today with the "old uploader" no problem at all.

view photos

Shiping Li says:

Still same, nothing can be uploaded, always disconnected.

view photos

Seven_Wishes PRO says:

you may have some success with the old uploader if uploading smaller file sizes ... I was able to upload a 2048x1425 image using it, but it crashed while attempting to upload the same file at full resolution

view photos

Wishbook PRO says:

Emailing the pictures to my account (one at a time!) was the *only* way to get my last dozen photos posted. Whee!

view photos

an_toanet says:

I have no success today, not even one picture uploaded :-(

view photos

Temp Snickerdoodle says:

Flickr... you're slipping :(.

view photos

PsP: images PRO says:

I have the same problem... :(

view photos

BeSt Photography [Thank you for 2 million views] PRO says:

Well what do you complain you got a wonderful iOS copy now, who cares about uploading pictures.
Just joking!
This is unbelievable, I cannot upload any pictures with whatever app or module or with flickr upload or with Safari.
Still I have not found any reaction of the Flickr staff.
Hello, somebody out there?
If they don't solve the issue within this week I'm gone to 500pix.
I don't need gimmicks that maybe useful for high school kids I thought this is a platform to share quality pix.
And personally I hate if the usability changes every other month for what:
I can see a timeline now in my photos, well great I have this already in Lightroom or on my iPHONE so who cares.
And great the software is separating it in magic mode and makes my dog a cat and a meadow becomes food.
There must be some very serious religious vegans that have written this part of the source code.

view photos

KevinOchsner says:

I was able to upload on Sunday morning, but now (Monday) .. I haven't been able to upload 2 photos for the past 24 hours. When it worked, it was from my android phone. But, through Chrome browser on my pc it's a no go. What's up?

view photos

Jimmy.White PRO says:

Hey! Flickr Wake UP!!!
Plz solve upload problem.
Jimmy.White edited this topic 40 months ago.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Jimmy.White:

See the staff announcement in the Official thread pinned at the top of this forum.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads