Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 14 minutes ago

Current Discussion

Uploader not Working
Latest: 62 minutes ago
Two accounts one email address
Latest: 85 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 2 hours ago
Photos missing after sharing link
Latest: 3 hours ago
blocked?
Latest: 3 hours ago
Trying to Recover a lost account
Latest: 5 hours ago
Can I share all my albums at once?
Latest: 7 hours ago
I lost my yahoo acount and can't access my Flickr account?
Latest: 8 hours ago
Can't access website uploads on mobile app and viceversa
Latest: 8 hours ago
I want my flickr entirely private.
Latest: 11 hours ago
Instagram sharing to Flickr not working
Latest: 12 hours ago
Lost photos after deleting Flickr app
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Introducing the New Groups Experience

Flickr Staff

Xerxes2K PRO says:

Staff Update, 11/12

We are rolling out to more and more Flickr accounts today and over the rest of the week. We'll likely have everyone in the New Groups Experience by the end of this week, though that might change if we experience anything unexpected.

We urge you to contribute feedback and vote up other people's feedback in the Groups' User Voice here:

Groups' User Voice

---------------------------------

Staff Update, 10/21

We are currently making a big push to get the top-requested features / bug fixes for the New Groups Experience (NGE) implemented ASAP. These requests can be either specifically related to the NGE or they can be general things that are broken / hard to use for Groups in general (whether it's an old page or a NGE page). We know you've all been contributing diligently in the various discussion threads here, but in order to consolidate all the feedback and parse through duplicates (and get a sense of relevant popularity), we really need you to contribute it (copy+paste is fine) once more in the User Voice tool. We strongly urge you to contribute feedback and vote up other people's feedback in the Groups' User Voice here:

Groups' User Voice

Please read through all current suggestions in the user voice before submitting your own. If you see a similar feedback point, please vote up the existing feedback point and add your modifications as comments below that entity.

We'll be monitoring this User Voice page closely in the coming weeks to help us address the top feedback.

---------------------------------

Hi Flickr!

Today we are very excited to start rolling out a redesign of several Groups pages, aka the “New Groups Experience”, to a small number of users. In particular, the redesign includes the Groups Overview page, Groups List page, Group Discussions page, and Group Photo Pool page. The rest of the Groups pages will still keep their original design for this initial release.

You made it all possible

This redesign was big and has been several months in the making, so we’d like to share some background of the project with you:

To understand how to improve Groups, we put out a survey that many of you took part in. We received thousands of long, detailed, and actionable responses from you. We also went back and read the feedback on the Help Forum from the last redesign of Groups in July 2013. Then, we stack-ranked this feedback to understand the biggest pain points you were experiencing with Groups.

Lastly, many more Flickr staff members became power groups users, joining, creating and becoming admins/mods of several groups to be able to reproduce your concerns and get more hands-on experience, particularly in the group administration and moderation department.

Collecting, reading, and understanding this massive amount of feedback from multiple sources was a challenging task, and we hope the steps we have taken with this release will address your largest pain points and show you the direction of things to come.

Depending on how the new groups experience performs, we’ll be rolling it out to more of you over the next couple of weeks. We will be closely monitoring your feedback as well as engagement and performance metrics, and are committed to hold off on a broad release until we are sure all critical bugs and performance issues are fixed.

Known bugs

There are also some existing bugs that we are aware of as we release to the initial group of users. We assure you we will be fixing these in the coming weeks.

* Groups List page is not working for members with > 1000 groups. We are working on a fix for this.
• Not all translations outside of English are complete
• Occasional missing loading indicator
• Cover photo position does not save at set position
• Photo credit is missing on the group cover photo Fixed!
• When leaving a group as the only admin, confirm warning dialog does not indicate so Fixed!
• Admin Blast needs to show a time stamp after adding
• Top Contributor: Displaying wrong call to action message when on filtered view by top contributor and photos from that contributor have been deleted by an admin. Fixed!
• Top contributor photo link on group overview page shows first photo added, not latest added Fixed!
• Support missing latest photo on top contributors Fixed!
• No informational message when there are no photos to select from on the group photo picker Fixed!
• Pending items does not include pending members Fixed!
• Selecting a top contributor does not change the drop-down to their name Fixed!
• Setting group photo back from private to public removes it from group pool
• Fave counter is blue on group pool display-item-tile
• Pending queue on Groups List page is inaccessible for groups with more than one million photos/posts

For those of you in the test bucket, you will be able to opt out (and/or opting back in) at any time during the beta by clicking the horizontal banner at the top of your screen.

One more thing

We are working on a new, amazing Notifications Center for Flickr. We heard you loud and clear, so the notifications center will also include new Groups-related notifications based on your feedback:

• A new discussion thread is started in a group you are a member of,
• Another member replied to a discussion thread you created / participated in

Sneak peek

For those of you not yet seeing the New Groups Experience, below are some screenshots of what the new pages look like.

New Groups Overview page:

groupslist

New Landing page:

flickrcentral

New Discussions page:

discussions

New Group Pool page:
Please note that we cropped the screenshot since it was HUGE. If you'd like to see the full 10MB file, click here.
grouppool

Let us know your thoughts

If you already see the new experience and have any feedback, please let us know in this new Flickr Ideas forum!

Kay
Flickr Community Team

We are currently making a big push to get the top-requested features / bug fixes for the New Groups Experience (NGE) implemented ASAP. These requests can be either specifically related to the NGE or they can be general things that are broken / hard to use for Groups in general (whether it's an old page or a NGE page). We know you've all been contributing diligently in the various discussion threads here, but in order to consolidate all the feedback and parse through duplicates (and get a sense of relevant popularity), we really need you to contribute it (copy+paste is fine) once more in the User Voice tool. We strongly urge you to contribute feedback and vote up other people's feedback in the Groups' User Voice here:

Groups' User Voice

Please read through all current suggestions in the user voice before submitting your own. If you see a similar feedback point, please vote up the existing feedback point and add your modifications as comments below that entity.

We'll be monitoring this User Voice page closely in the coming weeks to help us address the top feedback.

7/28:A bunch more bugs got fixed from the list above.
7/25: Thanks for your ongoing bug reports and thoughts. We are continuously fixing bugs including two more from the list above.
7/22: Two of the bugs are already fixed, updating the list
Posted at 10:51AM, 22 July 2014 PST ( permalink )
Aditya Kashyap (staff) edited this topic 27 months ago.

1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 next →
(2201 to 2300 of 2,204 replies in [Official Thread] Introducing the New Groups Experience)
view photos

*Snap_Shot* PRO says:

Still too difficult to remove photos from the group pool that don't belong. I think I mentioned this last year or more. The page has changed since then and it's still just as difficult/bothersome as before. I still have to change the viewing of the page in order to get the X on the photo to remove. Why can't we just remove from the loaded page, you know the page where you have a more limited amount of photos to view vs. everything in the group pool.

Txs.
Posted 11 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

*Snap_Shot* PRO says:

I see @uroraboreal has the same trouble. And
ernstkers is saying how, but that's the old simple easy straight forward way. It's not that easy or straight forward anymore. Yes that way is still correct IF you are on the right "page". It's not clear how to get there if you don't know how to get there.

view photos

nadalferderer says:

hallo

view photos

ashley_laventure says:

Thank-you for the invite! Please let me know if there is anything you need, or might like me to shoot.

P.S.-
I'm loving my new Super Macro Ollo Clip w/ my 6s+, so hopefully I can start shooting more Magnified Macro!

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 next →
(2201 to 2300 of 2,204 replies in [Official Thread] Introducing the New Groups Experience)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads