Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Flickr downtime on May 22 and site issues since then. (PLEASE REPLY HERE)
Latest: 9 minutes ago
[investigating, staff reply] Stats, Statistics, Lost Views!
Latest: 78 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Flickr login freedom is here
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Official Thread] A new way to stay informed about site performance issues.
Latest: 14 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 28 hours ago
Thank you Flickr tech people!
Latest: 4 days ago
[Official Thread] Scheduled downtime on May 22, plus more updates on speed & stability
Latest: 4 days ago
[FIXING – FIND PHIL!] Anyone else see part of a moving face with a mustache?
Latest: 2 weeks ago

Current Discussion

A mysterious place with no name
Latest: 11 seconds ago
Why has my photostream now started cropping images ?
Latest: 34 minutes ago
Hesitating to become PRO
Latest: 58 minutes ago
Geo location not working!
Latest: 90 minutes ago
[Investigating] Facebook and marking Flickr links as spam
Latest: 2 hours ago
get pro
Latest: 2 hours ago
So yeah, let's blame this on the browser too
Latest: 4 hours ago
Can't Save New Group Icon
Latest: 4 hours ago
Unable to change cover photo on profile
Latest: 6 hours ago
HELP! Uploadr on Mac OSX has blank screen at signin
Latest: 9 hours ago
When will camera roll be back?
Latest: 9 hours ago
AppleTV app not working (still)
Latest: 14 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Question about RSS feed for my own tags

Dani_Girl says:

A long while ago, I set up my Facebook page to read an RSS feed of the photos I was tagging with "dailypic". A short while ago, it stopped working. Maybe one of the endless infernal changes of late?

Regardless, could someone please walk me through how to find the RSS feed for one tag on my own photostream? I've read that it's at the bottom right of the page but after scrolling through thousands of photos (infernal endless scroll) there is nothing. I also looked on the API page for RSS at www.flickr.com/services/feeds/docs/photos_public/ but I can't parse it and don't understand where to put my user ID and tag. I tried this

api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne&sourc...

but the validator says this isn't a valid feed.

Help?
Posted at 5:59PM, 25 April 2014 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito says:

Dani_Girl:

how to find the RSS feed for one tag on my own photostream? I've read that it's at the bottom right of the page

The RSS feed for the photostream is at the bottom of the EDIT page.
Unless you are referring to a different RSS feed.

Go to your photostream, click on "Edit" above it, on the new page, with the small sizes pics, you will find the orange RSS icon bottom left.

Here is your Edit page:

www.flickr.com/photos/mabelia/?details=1

Pay attention to the end of the URL, if you add that bit to others' URLs you can then access their edit pages as well. This bit: ?details=1

EDIT to say: there are RSS feeds for:

photostream -
galleries -
group discussions -
help forum -
Flickr blog -
favorites -
Recent Activity

Posted 63 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Dani_Girl says:

MabelAmber® ***Pluto5339*** Queen of Streetshots:

Thanks for your reply. Now i see where the RSS is, but I want the RSS feed for photos with a specific tag only, not the whole photostream. I've had the ability to do that for years, but can't remember how I initially set it up nor find any reference to how to re-create it.

view photos

Dani_Girl:

but I want the RSS feed for photos with a specific tag only

Well, there used to be, till very recently, the option "See all your photos with tag [fill inspecific tag]" but that feature has been deprecated. So I am supposing you are referring to that page, returning results of only your own photos with a specific tag.

Possibly it included an RSS feed.

I found this thread where mention is made of a Greasemonkey script to get back that feature:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157638034232286/

Another option: change language to get back to the Old Photo page (for now only rolled out in the English version of Flickr) and re-use the feature.
Also: Safari version 5.7.1. still serves up the Old Photo page as default.

EDIT: I just checked using my Flickr in German, okay, so I get the choice to see only my own tags with "Amsterdam", but in stead of the former easy to manage page with the thumbnails... I get the Godawful justified-fetching agony. So if you have a lot of photos with that specific tag... you'll lose precious minutes getting to the bottom for the RSS.
Which I have not found yet, the fetching is still ongoing...

EDIT II - the fetching has come to an end...and there is *no* RSS feed for that page of only your own tags.

R.I.P.
MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339*** incognito edited this topic 63 months ago.

view photos

General info on RSS,:

The new FAQ on the Yahoo help page about RSS only mentions the photostream RSS feed, on the Edit page, but leaves us to guess about the other feeds - good example of very bad updating.

So here is the section on RSS feed on the old FAQ:

www.flickr.com/help/website/#106719

view photos

Dani_Girl says:

Thanks for your posts. I've been through all that too and sadly none of it seems to work. I've tried to hack the html on the RSS for my photostream to show only a certain tag, but I'm not yet sure if it's working.

If anyone knows HTML maybe you can parse it for me? I used this (minus the random spaces, of course):

ht tps://api.fli ckr.co m/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?id=315 08208@N00&tag=dailypic&lang=en-us&format=rss_200

So sad that Flickr continues to deprecate all my favourite features. So much for loyalty.

view photos

fantastic pipe says:

Try it with "&tags=" not "&tag=", that seems to work for me.
fantastic pipe edited this topic 63 months ago.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads