Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Staff: working on a fix] "Flickr Pro account – payment problem"
Latest: 14 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 2 days ago

Current Discussion

[solved: fb setting change] sharing latest upload to facebook is not working
Latest: 2 hours ago
[FIXED] Weird disply/editing problems [Shard 51 DB lag]
Latest: 3 hours ago
Oops! There was a problem replacing this photo...
Latest: 3 hours ago
Flickr Pro Subscription charged twice
Latest: 4 hours ago
Flickr vs. SmugMug
Latest: 5 hours ago
Recent Activity
Latest: 6 hours ago
posting limits
How do I adjust my feed?
Need for a new account
stats and comments
Showcase on the 'About' section of my account won't let me add any more photos - despite only having 14 photos on it
Latest: 7 hours ago
zip code
Latest: 7 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Beta Test Page Opt Out Changed

ColleenM says:

And today (Nov 14, 2013) the "OptOut&Feedback" button seems to have returned to its original function
====================
If you are on a beta test photopage and only see a "feedback" button, you can still opt out by clicking on the 3 dots icon and then selecting a grayed-out feature (like add to group)

If you are trying to use a feature that has not been implemented, you are then given a chance to leave the beta test and return to the current page.

==========================
Original Post:

In spite of the beta test page not being fully functional, the opt out button has been removed and only a "Feedback" button remains.

People who were checking out the new 'planned' features are now trapped in Flickr accounts that staff have already said are not fully functional.

Please roll back this change so that people can continue to use Flickr until everything is implemented on the new page.
Posted at 2:22PM, 13 November 2013 PDT ( permalink )
ColleenM edited this topic 58 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 289 replies in Beta Test Page Opt Out Changed)
view photos

Stiff Rooster says:

Even Jesus loves this move.

Jesus Christ Thumps-up
Posted 58 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Brenda Anderson PRO says:

I have the opt out button.

view photos

ColleenM says:

I'm using Chrome, Win 7

view photos

Using Chrome, OSX Mavericks.

view photos

ColleenM says:

NoOptOut by ColleenM

See also
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157636581347004/#reply7...
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157636581347004/#reply7...

anuwintschalek:

guidowerner:

What browser are you using?
ColleenM edited this topic 58 months ago.

view photos

Preston Digital Archive PRO says:

My opt-out button has been removed too - (Firefox browser) Please staff get me out of this hell hole beta page!!!

view photos

Just took this showing the button:
My_All_American_Dog____Flickr_-_Photo_Sharing__and_Flickr__The_Help_Forum__Beta_Test_Page_Opt_Out_Removed_--_Trapped_in_partially_implemented_page-2

I should point out that this is on my other account that had never opted in until a few minutes ago. (don't dare try on my main account as I don't want to get stuck!)

view photos

guidowerner PRO says:

I am using Firefox.

But I have found a way to opt out: When I choose a missing function in the three-dot-menu a message is displayed that the function is missing an I can choose to opt out.

view photos

ColleenM says:

guidowerner:

Works for me too!

Thanks

view photos

guidowerner:

Well, that does make sense. The button is smaller that way and the opt out is targeted at people who actually need to use the old page.

view photos

Tim Green aka atoach PRO says:

Yes, thanks, that works, my optout button has switched to feedback only too.

view photos

anuwintschalek PRO says:

The 'Opt out' is back this morning!

(I'm using Firefox and also tried IE yesterday.)

view photos

Preston Digital Archive PRO says:

Resolved - thanks for all your suggestions.

view photos

anuwintschalek PRO says:

Trapped again! And I didn't even click on the 'Try' button!
The missing functions have been added, can't opt out via this trick either.
I really, really can't use Flickr with a layout like that.

view photos

Mind Meld says:

I clicked on a photo in Explore and am now stuck in the new beta test. There is no opt out button this time. I DID NOT CLICK ON THE TRY THE NEW VERSION BUTTON.

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

anuwintschalek Mind Meld:

Do you see a blue button that just says "Feedback"? In checking just now, I have that but it does lead to an opt-out option.
(The first image I checked in -- before I tried it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke -- I had to change my browser zoom to see it properly)

From a *different* image, I get a button that says "Opt out and feedback". Ooookay.

view photos

Mind Meld says:

Yes, I have the blue feedback button, with no opt out. There is no opt out under the three dots either.

view photos

bcg~art PRO says:

And as of now, Nov 21, all of those opt out short cuts don't work.
Am I to assume this is the day of the apocalypse? It is now here to stay, forced on everyone, yet again.

view photos

I still have opt out ... but it does seem that perhaps the new version is rolling out now that all the features have been added? Just a guess.

view photos

Tris Enticknap PRO says:

I have a button that says "Opt out and Feedback" but when I click on it, it simply leads to a page requesting Feedback and nothing else.

view photos

ColleenM says:

I'm seeing no blue buttons for feedback or opt out, but I do have full menu fuctionality on the 3 dots icon.

(Win 7, Chrome)

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

Brenda Anderson:

Could be. Guess that means time to go pout about features that aren't all there. Like I can invite a photo ... but not uninvite it? I'll have to try not to hit wrong list items anymore.

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

'Esmeralda':

Colleen:

Must be time to go do something else for an hour while it all sorts itself out.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Lú_:

but not uninvite it?

I can both invite and cancel invitation.

The 'cancel' button is still at the lower left at top of comments, big red button.

view photos

I definitely can still opt out. I just did.

view photos

ColleenM says:

And the black Flickr navigation bar is now visible and functioning.

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

Not sure I can.. I never opt'd in, but I'm in..

I do see a feedback button.

view photos

ColleenM says:

I'm so confused.

I seem to now be on the old page, and not opted in the the beta page.

And no way to opt in, either.

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

Pacdog:

Click on it. When I see only the Feedback button, it still gives me an opt-out option ... which is good, because some stuff that we've been told will be done hasn't been, including the x'ing off of a photo leaving you in the same context, say, a group page, not sending you to the photostream. (Edit): Also, no link to the map. (Edit again): Also, the panel doesn't collapse for a full-screen view - that was given as planned in the beta feedback too.

So, not convinced this is a final rollout. Feels like some bumps in a next step of the beta.
Lú_ edited this topic 58 months ago.

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

ColleenM:

Definitely dinnertime/beer-o'clock, then.

view photos

rockymountainroz PRO says:

I cannot get out of this BETA HELL in Safari...only with Chrome! And now I cannot opt out in Chrome.
rockymountainroz edited this topic 58 months ago.

view photos

ricko PRO says:

I'm stuck in Beta and can't get out WTF! I hate it!

view photos

LookaroundAnne PRO says:

I opted out ages ago, suddenly today while using flickr it switched and I am with the new version, when there was an opt out option it didn't work, now the option has disappeared. I haven't got much functionality, can't comment etc.

view photos

rockymountainroz PRO says:

COME ON! Give us back that opt-out option. Do you just hate us, flickr? We will finally leave you over this shit…or I will.

view photos

Mind Meld says:

I signed out, and the site is in old format. When I signed back in I'm still stuck in Beta, but nothing is responding now, no links working... feedback button just spins

view photos

PhotoJunket says:

I now stuck in Beta hell.
What have they [Flickr} been doing recently, they've not been reading the Feedback people have been leaving, that's for sure!
From a photo page, how do I get to the "Following" page?
Or come to that, how to I get to the "Communities" page?
I'm lost!

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

PhotoJunket:

Try changing your browser zoom to see if a Feedback or Opt Out & Feedback button appears.

view photos

On one of my accounts, I have an "opt out & feedback" blue button that lets me opt out.

On another of my accounts, I have a "feedback" blue button that also lets me opt out.

view photos

LookaroundAnne PRO says:

My opt out button has reappeared but it doesn't work.

view photos

Mind Meld says:

When I am signed out, the site works, and is in old format. When I sign in, Beta version and ...nothing is working at all... just spinning balls

view photos

ColleenM says:

On this account, I still have the opt-in button. On my Chrome account, I don't have any buttons. Stuck in current page layout.

view photos

Opt-out button doesn't work for me.
More worryingly, when I try to add a picture to a group, it does not offer me all my groups.

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

Lú_:

Click on it. When I see only the Feedback button, it still gives me an opt-out option ... which is good

I did click on it.. No more Opt out.. =o(

Oh well It was coming..

I'll work w/ it..

view photos

PÂÇBºT ™" . says:

This account is still the same w/ opt in and or out..

view photos

It seems they are bucket testing, so some people can opt out, some can't, some who are opted in see one version of the new page, others see a different version of the new page, etc.

Until it all shakes out, it's not much use reporting what *we* see because it probably isn't what *you* see. :)

view photos

cegefoto (Not very active) says:

I cann't go back to the normal view. And I hate the new lay-out. Both in FireFox as in IE I have this problem. It's not possible to see how much awards a photo has got in a group.

view photos

MabelAmber️®***Pluto5339***Incognito PRO says:

On one of my other accounts the New Photo Exp. does not include the *Add to group* link in the three dot menu.

I am not wanting to opt in on this account to check the omission...

view photos

PhotoJunket says:

Lú_: Nope, nothing. I don't zoom my browser either way normally, but doing so gives no more options. Despite the feedback people having given them [Flickr] that things were broken, looks like they've ignored that and went ahead and started to roll it out as is.

I've only been using it for 10min and already found loads of issues - which because there is no Opt Out are now bugs.

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

PhotoJunket:

Some of of see this message today, saying that several versions are being tested: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157637920480264/#reply7...

view photos

John Oram PRO says:

I am stuck in Beta and I am extremely displeased. I did not at any stage ask for or approve what I now appear to be presented with. A very cramped right hand side, accessed by magical and meaningless arrows, massively diminishes the value of photographs which I have spent hours enhancing with fastidiously crafted text and tags. Will Flickr never learn about imposing things on people?

view photos

John Oram PRO says:

Brenda Anderson:

I am livid. This is undermining a key hobby.

view photos

Currant Bun PRO says:

ColleenM:

I have tried clicking on the X and the trying an option that is greyed out non of them are I am trapped and I have been for the last god knows how long it is really infuriating and upsetting. Please help me someone…

view photos

John Oram:

They've been beta-testing this new layout for weeks now. I doubt they will be dropping it to go back to what was the new layout (from May 20th).

view photos

knightbefore_99 PRO says:

there are no greyed out buttons

view photos

Message from Yahoo
Based on feedback we received as part of the opt-in beta, we are testing out some design changes. As part of the test we need to remove the opportunity to opt out. We will be using your feedback to improve the design.

view photos

Little little mouse PRO says:

I really do not like this new format, the comments are so hard to find and the photo is WAY too big.

I just want to go back!

view photos

Kaometet PRO says:

O my goodness, please don't do this.

view photos

Little little mouse PRO says:

Dear Yahoo/Flickr
Obviously as so many opted out from the Beta testing that MUST have told you that the Beta Test was not a popular move.

I don't like this pretending that you are Beta Testing and listening to feedback when you have no intention of not implementing the changes.
Pretending to be a 'listening and caring' organisation is not your track history.

The comment box is way too small and I can hardly see it now, and the black is appalling to be reading on........I need a white background to read on.
And you do know that, as the Feedback page had a white background!

The comments are just as important as the photo.

view photos

Mike Slade. PRO says:

And it's crap for panoramas

view photos

Kaometet PRO says:

Stick to the 'old'. Make that better.

view photos

Antony Fleming PRO says:

Its shit. get me back to where I was 2hrs ago. they have also dropped my option for editing with picmonkey

view photos

bathroomgirl PRO says:

Add me to the list of people who really don't appreciate being forced to endure these "improvements."

view photos

John Oram PRO says:

Brenda Anderson:

So where they're going with this is ideal for people who want display their photographs only. That might require explanation. My thought process is this; the quality of images posted on Flickr is very variable. Part of the fun for me and many, many others has always been tagging, geotagging and adding text to enhance the picture. To my mind, these things should all display automatically, not be opened by some completely meaningless symbol. The three dots took some fathoming out; now we have the opposing arrows and numerous symbols underneath.

view photos

John Oram PRO says:

Little little mouse:

'The comment box is too small'

'The comments are just as important as the photo'

Agreed absolutely on both counts.

view photos

charming north says:

Frustrating!

just FRUSTRATING.

view photos

Kaometet PRO says:

Before my panoramic videos were ridiculously magnified. Now my square photos are ridiculously magnified. If you cannot make something that serves different sizes as the user want them to be displayed, will you please stick to one design so I can get used to it and adjust to it ?

view photos

Kaometet PRO says:

Or let me choose between designs..

view photos

stevewilliams7 PRO says:

Using Chrome. Opted out of Beta. Suddenly I have it with no opt out option anywhere. This is complete and utter shite. If I look at someone's photograph, I want the description there underneath it, not have to click a frigging button, that is not obvious in order to get it to appear at the side amongst all the other visual clutter. Just who do they get to design this utter crap?

view photos

Ainm Eile PRO says:

Let me OUT of the beta. I did not opt in. I did not click on the feedback option. My page just suddenly shifted to the beta version and I cannot get out. I DID NOT ask for this and I DO NOT want to be a part of a Beta test.
Staff said:
"Based on feedback we received as part of the opt-in beta, we are testing out some design changes. As part of the test we need to remove the ability to opt-out. We will be using your feedback to improve the design."
"Remove the ability to opt-out?" They can't do that - I CAN OPT OUT by moving to Ipernity. (And I will)

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

One thing I do not understand is why Flickr went away from the Beta test groups where members were invited to join to test out new designs.. That worked well in the past. Now they just opt members in weather they want it or not. Does not make sense to me.

view photos

zolaczakl PRO says:

I've supported much of the new look, but this is a stage too far, too many cosmetic changes, seemingly for the sake of it, this new look doesn't feel completed somehow , trying to tag my photos after loading in the new format is near impossible, the layout is too busy, comment box is way too small and black background isn't the best way to display writing. I'm left with a headache, bit of a disaster all round I'm afraid Flickr!!

view photos

Nionyn_ PRO says:

Pacdog:

One thing I do not understand is why Flickr went away from the Beta test groups where members were invited to join to test out new designs.. That worked well in the past. Now they just opt members in weather (sic) they want it or not. Does not make sense to me.

Then you have not been paying attention, because things have been heading further and further in this direction for months.
Yahoo are running things now, not Flickr, and this latest shitfest is absolutely typical of their methods, and also of their attitude.
I'm disappointed, as any sane person would be - but I am not in the slightest bit surprised.
Nionyn_ edited this topic 58 months ago.

view photos

John Gulliver PRO says:

get me out of this Beta nonsense, after trying and rejecting the Beta weeks ago my Flickr has changed to Beta again - I did not opt for this and can't find a way back out of this 'Early Learning Centre' Flickr hell. GET ME OUT OF HERE FLICKR1

view photos

atp PRO says:

Absolute bloody arrogance to say that they have removed the ability to opt out from the Beta.

Surely the point about a Beta is that it is incomplete, not ready for real-world use. So why should paying customers be forced to use something that is not ready?

I wonder - how many of those who have been forced to move are old "Pro" accounts - are they trying to get rid of us, to move to their brave new ad-supported world?

view photos

Mind Meld says:

This is ridiculous. If I click on a photo, I'm in Beta and have absolutely NO OPTIONS to comment or do anything. I can't even move from pne photo to the next. Nothing works at all. I have no comments showing, no description, no three dots or anything except the icon of the people to whom the photo belongs with an x to close that photo and a blue Feedback button that does nothing. It won't even open to let me give feedback... nothing else on the page at all. I can't use the site at all in the beta version... nothing is working... NOTHING

view photos

BeautyOfThePast PRO says:

Probably. I have a pro account. I DID NOT OPT IN AND I WANT TO OPT OUT!! NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

view photos

GregDouglas PRO says:

Stop whinging no-one is listening.

This is flickr and you will take what you are given.

Hope you enjoyed your flickr experience. Have a nice day you all.

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

Mind Meld:

What browser are you using?

view photos

ausfi says:

In my free account on FF I can still opt out. In my pro account on Chrome the Try beta button was away for about a month, now it is back, in white, and I am not going to opt in.

view photos

Mind Meld says:

Lú_ I'm using Firefox 25.0.1

Some of the options popped back now, but not everything. I can delete my own photos now, so that is what I'm doing. I'm fed up with this site.

view photos

PÂÇBºT ™" . says:

First thing you need to do is click the opposing arrows to open up the work area on the right...

view photos

Brent Kneebush says:

I do not pay 25 bucks a year for this crap! Horrible! Nothing works!

view photos

Mind Meld says:

PÂÇBºT ™"
When it goes into this no option mode on me, there are no opposing arrows. They only show up then the options come back. When the options go away again, then nothing works... at all. And there are no options or any way to get to them. When it clicks back on, then the options, arrows, etc come back. All I get is a photo and a buddy icon when it's in the no option mode on me. And clicking on the photo or buddy icon does nothing at all either. It's crazy, it just goes in and out.

view photos

PÂÇBºT ™" . says:

I know this gets old to hear, but coming here just to say your sick of the new changes will not change anything.

Not saying We all have to like or accept these changes, but just whining in this forum will have no effect on what Flickr is doing..

The feedback forum is the only place and chance any of Us have to actually post ideas and vote on other ideas in hope that Flickr listens and maybe changes site layout issues.. Help forum is for help.. Kinda why it is called a help forum.

view photos

PÂÇBºT ™" . says:

Mind Meld:

Yes there are allot of bugs still with the new layout.. I'm lucky this account has not been opt'd into that layout yet.. (knocks on wood)

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

One way to get out of the new layout is to change your language at the bottom..

Sadly I don't know Español that well, but I know what most links are...

view photos

Arthur Kurten says:

I just did some experiments, and found one cookie on the photo page that tells flickr to send you the beta photo page. If you delete this one cookie, you will switch back to old style.

In Firefox, click: Tools - Page Info - Security - View Cookies

To switch back to old style, remove the cookie named: flrbp

Then reload the page and all photo pages will be old style again.

view photos

AndreGNO says:

That actually worked!

Thank you, Pacdog!

view photos

CFein Photography PRO says:

I don't like the new layout and I can't opt out.
For a start you can't see the comments properly - nor can you properly see the group awards - not even the invitations! How do you if you've been invited to a group? I haven't got time to list the negatives

view photos

John Oram PRO says:

I've been working on - or trying to work on - my photographs this evening. I can confirm that Flickr's imposed changes, with (currently) no opt-out, have increased my workload by about 300% and decreased my enjoyment proportionately.

view photos

SandyEm PRO says:

guidowerner:

Doesn't give me that option at allll grrr stuck in hell.

view photos

Mind Meld says:

Thank you Arthur, that works. At least on one page.

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

Arthur Kurten:

Still trying to get your workaround to work in Chrome. I delete the cookie but it comes right back...

Hmm..

Will keep trying..

view photos

Stella Blu PRO says:

Why does flickr not run both options, and let those of us who do not like the new page opt out.

view photos

Stella Blu PRO says:

Pacdog:

Still trying to get your workaround to work in Chrome. I delete the cookie but it comes right back..

Can you somehow block that cookie ?

view photos

John Oram PRO says:

The grey background makes 'bold' almost indistinguishable from regular text and, to some extent, diminishes the effect of italic. I use formatting in my text to improve the presentation of information. Flickr has undermined this. I frequently use hyperlinks - what on earth is one (formerly blue) going to look like and be used effectively?

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

Stella Blu:

No I can't. I can delete it for a session, but then it's back..

I do not know enough to sort this even if it can be sorted..

If I figure out something I'll post here.

view photos

CoffeeWoman PRO says:

ColleenM:

I have no grayed-out options and can't figure out how to get out of this beta. Also, a link in one of the comments does not work, but only takes me back to my photo!

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

CoffeeWoman:

There are many issues with the new photopage and it seems some members are seeing different versions of it.

Oh and you cannot get out of it for now unless you have a link to opt out..

view photos

adaptable afternoon PRO says:

Damn. I can't opt out of that crappy photo page. What wrong have I committed in life that I was dealt this punishment?

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 289 replies in Beta Test Page Opt Out Changed)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads