Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[replacing | staff response] Aviary editing functions disabled
Latest: 6 hours ago
[BUG] Can't verify/delete Flickr account
Latest: 8 hours ago
Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 10 hours ago
[BUG] Photostream: Count Incorrect, Missing Images, Album Issues
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Bug - staff response] View Count in Stats
Latest: 25 hours ago

Current Discussion

Only 2 pages are displayed in my photostream, though I have more photos uploaded
Latest: 11 minutes ago
Photostream unavailable: "Yahoo will be right back!"
Latest: 2 hours ago
I Want My Pic's Back!
Latest: 2 hours ago
Stolen photo from another gallery
Latest: 3 hours ago
Can't see my photostream or anybody else's, just the frames where the graphics should be
Latest: 3 hours ago
Lost Camera Info in Metadata
Latest: 4 hours ago
How can we (the owner of our own Flickr account) block Pinterest?
Latest: 7 hours ago
My Photostream...
[Official Thread] Moving M.Flickr to Fully Responsive Mobile Web Version
delete followers without blocking
Latest: 12 hours ago
Error with upload from LR CC
Latest: 12 hours ago
[closed - duplicate] I am still unable to upload from my mobile app... *Its working now.*
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

How can I find out how much storage I'm currently using? (Is it going to hurt me to switch to a free acct?)

lmilla says:

I'm looking around in my stats, and I can't find anything about how much storage I'm currently using - I'd like to know that before I decide to switch to a free account and then can never add any more pics again... Does anyone know where to find that info?

Thanks!
Posted at 8:07PM, 20 May 2013 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Mαciomhαir says:

+1 - I'm looking for this info too. On the whole, I'm quite happy with the changes, most of the complaints seem to be of the kind that would prefer we were still browsing using Mosaic. But easy access to this info wouldn't go amiss.

I suspect I'm absolutely fine for the 1TB but want to be sure.
Posted 48 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ryan & Melanie Cey PRO says:

+1 Me too

view photos

Sunset~Beauty PRO says:

+1 I agree!

view photos

Bill Binns PRO says:

+1 - Please answer this question Flickr.

view photos

Rev. Voodoo PRO says:

Cool, so I'm not the only one who can't find it! Definitely necessary to make an informed decision on what to do with our accounts!

view photos

Andreas. says:

I also want to know this. If there is enough space left I also consider to downgrade and get a refund for my pro. Ad free I'll can get for free with an ad-blocker. No need to pay 25(50)$US/year for this small feature.

view photos

Photobasegallery says:

To know how much you have use, just click on the right icon (your own icon). It will show the storage you have used up

view photos

Area Bridges PRO says:

It won't unless you're already free.

view photos

Joe Shlabotnik PRO says:

If you're a free user, this information appears when you hover over your buddy icon on the top right-hand corner of the screen.

If you're an "old pro" user, you don't see this. I don't know why; it'd be handy to know.

UPDATED 5/24/13 - Pro users can now see this! Thanks, Flickr!
Joe Shlabotnik edited this topic 48 months ago.

view photos

cachew PRO says:

Please let us pro users know how much we're using so that we can make an educated choice.
cachew edited this topic 48 months ago.

view photos

cachew PRO says:

Bumping this again, since there's still no resolution.

view photos

kiwirat PRO says:

1TB= roughly 20,000 5mb photos. I for one will never use all of my 1TB of space.

view photos

Wil C. Fry PRO says:

Flickr offers this handy approximation tool:

How Many Photos

Found here: www.flickr.com/new#storage

kiwirat

"1TB= roughly 20,000 5mb photos"

You mean 200,000, right?

view photos

cachew PRO says:

I'm not sure that's entirely the point anymore. They are asking us to make a decision and then not giving us the information they give the free users when they hover over their icon.

view photos

Temporary_Fix says:

Just cancel your Pro account and get some money back.

If you have over 1 TB of photos in your account (very unlikely for anyone) then just get a second free account.

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

You have around 4000 photos approximately 5 megs each (based on a sampling of your original sized images. A terabyte is 1,000,000 megabytes. So you are using about two percent of a terabyte.

You've been a member for about five years. So if you continue at roughly the pace you have, say 1000 new photos per year, you would fill up a terabyte in only 196 years.

view photos

lmilla says:

Thanks to everyone who commented. Glad I'm not alone in my question.

Thanks also to everyone who gave me ballpark estimates. I really wanted to make sure I wasn't close.

view photos

lmilla says:

The Searcher:

thanks!

view photos

DaveLPG PRO says:

Can now see how much space I've used. I have a Pro account and hovering over the far right side of the main menu (next to the search box) it tells me:

Used XXXX TB of unlimited

Thank you Flickr

view photos

Ed Gaillard says:

Oh, that's excellent. Thank you.

view photos

DaveLPG PRO says:

Ed Gaillard:

You are welcome.

view photos

Diamondlucy PRO says:

Isn't there another issue? I read somewhere, please don't ask where that if you are a free account you only get access to the latest 200 pics... so what's the point? Where *IS* any proper information?

view photos

keristars PRO says:

I read somewhere, please don't ask where that if you are a free account you only get access to the latest 200 pics

Everything I've seen says that the NEW Flickr doesn't limit the number of pics you can view/show - 200 is the old version, before the new account features.

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

There are no image limits with free accounts, that is gone. The old FAQ on free accounts listed this limitation, the new FAQ has no such limitation. And when you think about it it makes no sense, why give us a terabyte (which is 500,000 photos on average) and then limit us to 200 images? The new Flickr business model wants EVERYONE to have a free account, so it is no longer a "taste test" version of the site, it IS the full site.

This is easy to test if you want to be sure. Just go find someone you know who had/has a free account and see how many photos they have.

view photos

trailerfullofpix says:

I'm a pro user. I just hovered over my icon in the top right corner and I see that I'm using 0.0069 of unlimited. I have nearly 4000 images and I shoot on the Large setting on my camera, so my original photos are generally 2618 x 3490. I don't know how that translates to megs.

view photos

ttelyob says:

I am a Pro user, I just checked I have 6,000+ photos and have used 0.010 TB, so I am sure I will never reach the limit.

view photos

DaveLPG PRO says:

trailerfullofpix/?details=1:

Go to where you store your photos on your PC. Look at the file details. There you will find how large your photos are in bytes. The file sizes will vary.

view photos

Simon_K PRO says:

Flickr pro for seven years, 40,000 photos, 0.091 of space used. At this rate, I would need to live to be the oldest person ever to fill 1TB. You do wonder why flickr are offering the 2TB option - is it a gimmick of some kind? Mind you, I'm sticking with pro, which is unlimited anyway :-)

view photos

Joe Shlabotnik PRO says:

Simon_K:

You do wonder why flickr are offering the 2TB option

Videos!

view photos

mcnod PRO says:

lmilla:

I can't find anything about how much storage I'm currently using

Just added under my buddy icon in the navigation bar is a reference to how much space I have used so far, thanks flickr!

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

I dunno, I still say some kind of joke. Another free account is another free terabyte. Is it really worth $500 to anyone to have their second terabyte of videos/photos under the same name/banner?

view photos

infomatique PRO says:

Simon_K:
I had a look and discovered that I am at 0.75TB so I assume that there must be many users who are over 1.0TB.

view photos

Werewolf Puppy PRO says:

I am using using 0.0022 TB of unlimited. Just saying.

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

You only have 86,000 photos. Do you have another 500,000 set to private? Are you sure you aren't at 0.075TB? Because 87,000 images with average file sizes could easily be 7% of a terabyte. But it would be shocking if you were nearing 75% with so few photos. Most computers don't even come with half a terabyte in total hard drive space.

view photos

cachew PRO says:

Wanted to take the time to say thank you after all my griping. I appreciated having the feature implemented.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads