Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

Change to Limit of "Groups a Photo Can Be Submitted To"
Latest: 7 minutes ago
[Fixing - staff response] Very slow and many pandas today
Latest: 38 minutes ago
[Official thread] New commercial use section of Flickr Community Guidelines
Latest: 32 hours ago
[fixing - staff response] "this photo is no longer available"
Latest: 34 hours ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 3 days ago

Current Discussion

Dismayed at Moderate Rating for Entire Account over a Fine Arts pic (textured and raw versions)
Latest: 26 minutes ago
Stats for the day don't match totals???
Latest: 2 hours ago
Change to Limit of Groups is going to kill the smaller groups
Latest: 2 hours ago
Firefox Quantum
Latest: 5 hours ago
old - please delete
[Official Thread] New Flickr Photo Editor
[answer provided] Editing is disabled right now message
Latest: 6 hours ago
the new group limit
[Official Thread] Dropping Internet Explorer 11 Support
[Fixing] Flickr app
Latest: 7 hours ago
[answer provided] AppleTV app on tvOS 11
Latest: 10 hours ago
Deactivate Flickr Navi Bar?
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Closed] [Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes

Flickr Staff

Thea Lamkin says:

Just in case you're wondering where the Official Feedback thread is now, follow along to the new one we created here.

Egads! Such a lot of new stuff came out today, and we're sure you're itching to tell us what you think about it.

This is just the place for all of your questions, concerns, suggestions, and other non-bug related comments about:

- The new Home page
- The new Photostream page
- The new Photo page
- The new Set page
- The new Search
- Other design changes you may have noticed

Let's keep all the feedback in one place and let everyone have a chance to be heard. Kay, Emily and I will be reading everything you have to say, and responding when we have the time and information to do so.

Thanks everyone, and Flickr on!

Staff Update

Hello again everyone. We've made some big, giant changes to the site, and it will take some getting used to. We are listening, and value what you all have to say.

We are also committed to making sure the new pages are working properly, and will continue to make improvements as we hear more from you. Please do your part to make sure that people coming to the Forum for help or to report bugs and site issues get a chance to be heard.

For those of you who have reported bugs or other usability concerns already, we'll be working over the following days to take stock of ongoing issues and respond when possible.

Finally, it should also go without saying that personal attacks against Staff or other users will not be tolerated, and may prevent your ability to take part in discussion here in the Help Forum.

Staff Update

Hey everyone. We're still reading this thread regularly, as well as all the other feedback threads you've been contributing to in the forum.

Though we appreciate your need to participate in discussions around our new changes, it's time to let the Help Forum return to its normal operations. People come here for help using Flickr, and we need to give them the room to get their questions answered by fellow users and Staff.

To make this is possible, we'll be closing threads that do not relate to Flickr and redirecting general feedback threads here.
Posted at 2:20PM, 20 May 2013 PST ( permalink )
Thea Lamkin (staff) edited this topic 54 months ago.

1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 297 298
(1801 to 1900 of 29,735 replies in [Closed] [Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes)
view photos

StevenM_61 PRO says:

I do not care about having ONLY the "justified" view on the photostreams, sets, and group pools, which are confusing and take forever to load as well as crashing the browser. When the "justified" view was introduced, there was an option to select other sizes but that is now gone. Many Flickr customers such as me selected the other sizes mainly because it didn't take as long to load and it was easier to select individual photographs to view. Now everything is a mess.

Once again Yahoo has ignored the Flickr customers and chose to redesign the site to bring in the young, hip crowd it covets while not making any real improvements, such as upgrading the infrastructure, which is badly needed. Many Flickr Pro customers are here because Flickr is NOT what Yahoo wants it to be: another Facebook or 500PX. Many Flickr customers are past that young, hip stage that Yahoo covets. The customers liked Flickr for its simple design, which is now gone.
Posted 55 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

1010sparky says:

This change is awful, it even lost my first attempt to comment .....

It tries to load a members whole photostream not thumbnails of the lastest 15 or so images.
Hence it is sooooo sllllloooowwwww and bogs down computer too.
It may be Ok for those with the latest powerful computers and superfast internet but not those with older systems and / or slow connections.

With the old layout I could scan several users photostream for new images in a couple of minutes, now I can't even see one.

If this system must stay there must also be an option to revert to the old layout.

There is a saying ' If it is not broken, do not try to fix it. '
Flickr was not broken ......

view photos

watbetty PRO says:

I hate it...please change back. It makes organizing the pictures and looking at them too confusing.

view photos

Fashionboi Landar says:

HATE IT! it needs to stay simple this is too much....

view photos

Rob-tography says:

Better, brighter Flickr??

ARE YOU F****** KIDDING ME?!?!

Whoever came up with that new design needs a really good F*****G SLAP

Is absolutely horrible and utterly hideous to navigate.

HAAAAATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

What the f**** is it with corporations and 'change for change sake'?

I absolutely love Flickr and it was perfectly fine before today's calamity. If it stays like this, I really can't see myself continuing as a pro account user (or any kind of user) as it's just AWFUL

view photos

Simon Kidner says:

If it ain't fixed by the morning, I'm cancelling my account and deleting everything

view photos

anchorphotos PRO says:

10minutes of looking at the new layout and it's even worse than I first thought. The functionality is screwed.

I will be cancelling my flickr pro account unless you give us back a classic view.

Oh and by the way, why is there zero response to all this criticism?

view photos

Marko Stavric PRO says:

Would like to see Collections added to the menu, or the options to choose either Sets or Collections.

A couple of issues:

- When I hit "Edit" the photo count says "0"
- In the "Edit" view, there is a link at the bottom that says "Did you know you can change the layout of this page?" -- this link no longer works.

view photos

TEXASJOHN says:

Thea Lamkin:

If it's not broke don't fix it! Bring back the old and very good Flickr

view photos

goonalan says:

I hate it, not only is it dour and uninteresting, and needlessly fiddly in places, it's also difficult to get the hang of.

I came to Flickr 4 years ago and just got on with- figured everything out in thirty seconds flat, I came back this evening and... an hour or two later and there's still stuff I can't figure out how to do.

Can you recommend another site that offers a similar service, as the new look and layout et al is not for me?

view photos

jmantze PRO says:

After reading through a lot of this thread about the new layout changes, I must agree with many others, THIS NEW LAYOUT IS AWFUL!

I've been a pro account user for many years, but I will have to reevaluate whether or not I stay on Flickr if you don't give us the option of using the previous/classic site layout.

I just went to my favorites page to remove an image that I accidentally selected (because of your confusing icons) and the SOB is still loading - I hope you're smart enough to give your customers a service that really works, like the old site layout.

view photos

Jason Lupi PRO says:

No no no no no no !!!!!

view photos

cactusbillaz PRO says:

who pulled an all nighter to get this out. TRASH. I got business cards with this trash on it. Change it BACK NOW

view photos

.:Josh:. says:

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK~~!!

I WANT MY OLD PAGE BACK!

(I am only screaming at you because you screamed at me with this new... look)

Prepare to cancel pro account in 3.2....

view photos

ms. neaux neaux PRO says:

Since I cannot post to tumblr from here anymore, I have zero use for flickr. I won't be renewing my membership.

Hm, kinda like when myspace changed, everyone left & now it's just a ghost town.

Off to a tumblr friendly site.

Bye

view photos

___rei PRO says:

okay, so the overwhelming opinion is dissenting and my initial reaction was also "ew, gross, am i drunk? is this the right website?"

however, just to give an even sided opinion -

* there are some features of the new flickr that i do like and think make flickr look better. unfortunately these features are outweighed by the new features that are absolutely hideous and ill-conceived. the problem is that we can't opt IN or OUT of these new layout options.

i'm sure there are actually people who will prefer the new flickr layout, but at least you could have the foresight to provide 1) more flexible in-depth customization of the new layout and 2) the option to opt out and view flickr in "Classic" mode with our old customization options so that those people who don't like the new mode at all are catered to.

* people always freak out any time a website dramatically changes a feature even if it's superficial or not. human beings, for the most part, hate change - especially when we have familiarized ourselves with the way something is and feel 'comfortable' with it.

* i don't follow flickr news closely but while it's obvious they are trying to improve their service (THEY ARE TRYING GUYS even if they're totally fracking it up) and their goal is to attract new users and a younger demographic, did they actually consider polling current loyal users about how and when and in what ways flickr might change?

* oh yeah, try removing ALL THE BLACK... because even if you screwed up a bunch of features that previously worked well enough without any interference, the site might suddenly be a lot less awful looking while you address the functionality issues in the meantime...

so, i appreciate the intent behind all of this and that the flickr/yahoo staff probably worked hard on it and wanted it to be successful, but they did so in a really, really arbitrary manner and showed huge oversight (when they should know better) that could easily have been avoided. hopefully they will listen to people's legitimate concerns and reach compromise in giving us what we want.

like i said, there's some things about the new site which are very nice. they are drowned out by the aspects of it which are absolutely awful.

on that note, i can't wait to see how you guys mess up tumblr if this your idea of improving flickr... and if you think a bunch of 20-60-something y/o photographers getting angry over a change to their website is a problem, i'll admit i can't wait for the schadenfreude of seeing you have to deal with millions of really upset teenagers when that inevitably happens.

PS. i hit 'preview' before posting this and my whole commentary was actually just wiped and deleted and i was taken back to the pageview of other people's comments instead. luckily i always copy what i write to TXT or clipboard if it's more than one paragraph long...

view photos

InnAtElmwood PRO says:

We all expect Flickr to extend our Pro subscriptions for as many days as it takes to get all these bugs worked out. Or till you decide to go back to yesterday's version!

view photos

Brian Hpp says:

good timing. pro ran out today so it's saved me some money. I won't be renewing until this mess is sorted.

view photos

ToniVC PRO says:

Well... I like it! Am I the only one?? :S

view photos

Lynn Morag says:

Messy and confusing.

I saw a message that said I could change to a free account but as I am paid up for another year how do I get my refund?

And why would I want to be a pro any more? A few adverts can hardly make it more messy.

view photos

builder24car PRO says:

I have to agree with everyone else, new is not always better and in this case it sucks! It WAS a great site, now it's just a piece of crap. Please change it back ASAP!

view photos

jim_mcculloch PRO says:

Smugmug offers unlimited uploads for $40 a year, and site customization for $60 a year. I'm thinking of going there if flickr/yahoo doesn't fix this disaster.

view photos

shipscompass PRO says:

just balls no photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

view photos

campviola says:

It Sucks!!

view photos

Lux Nomad PRO says:

TITANIC DISASTER !!! You have ruined the community of sharing and replaced it with visual SPAM.

Change it back or Flickr will sink.

view photos

dubonnet says:

When will you guys get it? The average person does not like change...especially when it is forced upon them....no matter how good you think the changes will be,

Why oh why can't you give people a chance to get used to new things? In small steps?
And always give options.....I hate that justified view!!! i see if I hit edit the old view returns but it doesn't stay that way!

the comment box is too small!
Sets are no longer visible on our page, so I doubt if many people will bother to look when there is no photo to entice their interest!

view photos

touchingthelight PRO says:

Flickr has always been elegant, simple, easy to see. It was a place where the image stream could be seen at a glance and then viewed selectively. It was a place for the photograph to be a basis for networking.

I am well acquainted with an adverse reaction to change; that is normal. Things usually settle down. But even my usually-tolerant demeanour has been smacked hard by this one.

It is quite simply AWFUL. Come on Flickr people. What has got into your sense of design. Would you put pictures on an exhibition wall looking like the new photostream?

Previously I had the choice to showcase my work and interact with friends in a number of ways. Now the interface is cluttered, clumsy, and visually crammed; the very opposite of elegant. Please give me the choice of a classic view.

view photos

Earthworm PRO says:

Absolutely awful and unusable as a photo blog when you can't see the captions under the photo in the main page. White space is needed for clarity of narrative. Please give option to use the old classic style. I'm willing to pay for it. I've been on flickr since it was a quite little Canadian start-up and this just won't do.

view photos

MadonnaJ PRO says:

This change is a huge mistake,
I resign from this gallery.
One big mess!!!!!

view photos

Skye D. says:

I wouldn't mind it so much if I could make the pictures on the homepage SMALLER! I don't need to see my contact's pictures so FREAKING HUGE!

And on the Contact's "Recent Photos" page, why do you offer size options if all you're going to do is keep it in the Justified view whether I want it or not?

The ability to change some parts of the layout would be appreciated. Seriously.

view photos

ovit says:

No whitespace, useless home page, no recent activities, to slow and so on.

50$ for ad-free? Who will pay this?

CHANGE IT BACK!

view photos

falconn67 PRO says:

New Coke by atjoe1972

nuff said

view photos

music_man800 says:

What is wrong with simple page numbers for photos as opposed to a useless constant scrolling system? Why can I no longer choose different options for viewing instead of 'justified'? Horrible! Bye bye flickr :(

view photos

depscribe says:

What the hell is the matter with you people? Change it back.

Now.

view photos

Mandy-Christine says:

Too slow to load, too large photos, too many photos loading at once
Can we PLEASE have the option to use the old system.

Otherwise may defect to photobucket

view photos

David Stumpp |[o]| Photography PRO says:

Acck! What did you do to my Flickr, and why would you not offer me a choice? Please, please, please undo this.

view photos

Karl Hurst . says:

Jason Haley:

well wait til morning!!! i'll blanket this thread with complaints as should all flickr users because basically goodbye flickr unless its reverts back and we all know it won't!

view photos

.* Yes Yes Jessy *. says:

En mi cabeza solo escucho, por que?? por que?? No entiendo por que se cambia un formato que funciona a la perfección, que es sencillo, que la gente conoce y acepta muy bien, por un formato que no se ni como clasificarlo... Es lo mas espantoso y horrible que he visto en mi vida. Que tenemos mas espacio de almacenamiento si... pero para que lo quiero, si tengo un sitio que no invita subir fotos y menos aun a quedarse. Ademas para que quiero ahora la cuenta pro? para que voy a pagar si tengo mas espacio, y ademas no me gusta el formato.

Sinceramente o esto cambia, o yo abandonó el barco.

view photos

wheany says:

My only question is: What does this update mean for existing pro accounts? You don't mention that anywhere.

I still have about 1 year to go in my current subscription, but it seems that the main draws of a pro account are now free.

view photos

grigorisgirl PRO says:

Just popped in before bedtime on my iPad and really shocked to see such a huge change.
I love seeing latest comments and contacts on same page. Really dislike this

view photos

`miRЯim ☮ says:

I'm OUT.

view photos

That Old New Mexico Cowboy PRO says:

I hate it. I can't get the opening page to go back to "small"...it's always "justified," no descriptions on my photos...THIS IS TERRIBLE! Change it back or give us the option of using "old" Flickr instead of this lousy idea!

view photos

┼ Morgana Hilra♥ says:

Here is an ODD question...

Are there even Flickr staff, and programers READING and RESPONDING?

So far all I see is our feedback... but, no one addressing our concerns.

view photos

Hug Monster says:

It's wonderful how you didn't pay attention to anyone who got drafted for (one of?) the previous beta.

This layout is crap, it's laggy, it's confusing, and nobody likes it.

Congrats, you're most effectively killing this website.

view photos

mcorideo12 says:

CAN WE NOT EDIT PHOTOS ANYMORE?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!!?!a

view photos

IM1~USN~RET PRO says:

I will not Renew My Membership In June ~ with this new Mess you have Made of the Flicker... i Love the way Flickr was
. Change it back of i Leave I HATE IT ! ! !

view photos

Jorundr says:

My eyes are starting to tear, everything is out of balance, huge out of portion stuff is thrown at you all over the place. Did you guys hire the guys that did youtube but paid him 5 times less and instructed to make it "cool looking like youtube"?

I CRINGE at this design!

view photos

stevewilliams7 PRO says:

I am not remotely interested in how to say 'hello' in every bloody language under the sun. I am interested in having back the user-friendly format that has been just thrown to the wind without so much as a 'by your leave'

view photos

Avard Woolaver PRO says:

Terrible! Makes me want to quit Flickr. I can't find my own profile and also can't put five photos up on my page. The same thing happened with Myspace a few years back. Thanks for nothing...

view photos

Itzick PRO says:

This is a mistake, what we got is the worst from 500xp and Facebook. It is definitely not user friendly and we lost the overview of our stream there is only one way to go and that is to return to the old layout.

view photos

gooey_lewy PRO says:

Has any one from Flickr responded?

view photos

World White Web says:

Are you fuckin' crazy!?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO FLICKR!?!?!?

view photos

vtpeacenik PRO says:

My daughter showed me a few months ago how flickr didn't "fit"on her cell phone. This is why the format was changed. That's not fair. This site was never intended for use on cell phones and you should have set up a new site for that. Of course it was much easier just to take all Heather Champ's good work and screw with it. It shows that you people never even understood what flickr was about and didn't know what a gem it was.

view photos

Jen-X- says:

Collections need to be under banner on photostream page next to sets.
Jen-X- edited this topic 55 months ago.

view photos

allarted PRO says:

It really is superbly awful...flickr was simpler, clearer and better than any other photo community...I simply do not want to spend time here.

view photos

LauraKateIsCrafty PRO says:

-Horrid.
-Hard to navigate.
-Cluttered
-UGLY
-difficult to see comments on friends' photos.
-smooshed
-No matter what option you choose for the contacts page to display (small, medium, large, etc.), it ONLY allow the ugly & useless justified version.
- On my own page there IS NO choice for non-justified (aka: useless & terrible to navigate) view.

Since there was no announcement of this, I can only assume that Flickr/Yahoo are trying to alienate users and by offering up a free 1TB, are trying to eliminate the PRO account revenue entirely.

HORRIBLE.

view photos

Fizgig=) says:

What the hell happened to being able to change the way one views pages in groups?!? The justified crap is ridiculously HUGE.... Takes an insane amt. of time to load, too! -- and it's not like I have a slow connection. I'm a group admin. and can't even do what needs doing on that front with this horrendous new layout that takes forever and a day to load.

There is not one thing about this new layout that's appealing.... not one thing!

I've been a member since 2006 with a pro acct.... I'm about done with you Yahoo morons not caring about your customers. This change may well be the straw that broke this camel's back.

view photos

www.ipernity.com/mewdeep says:

Unhappy customers, Schmunhappy Schmustomers.

They'll get new customers, and the new customers will think it's rad.

view photos

That Hartford Guy PRO says:

Thea Lamkin:

and where is the Flickr mail?

There is no icon to send a Flickr mail to any of my contacts!

view photos

daisydayes PRO says:

Thea Lamkin:

Please give us the option to change back, this new format is far too 'busy' to deal with

view photos

colourcritique PRO says:

white space missing. photography fail.

view photos

Rick Elkins PRO says:

Why were clueless designers allowed to change the look mindlessly, without even thinking about what makes for a good display of photography?

This goes against the entire concept pf the Photostream, which was the backbone of Flickr, and was actually a pretty good idea. The new look destroys this idea, and instead of a flow of photographs carefully edited by the photographer to create interplay between each one, or at least a rhythm, we now have...
... a PHOTO-VOMIT.

Yes, a spewing of images, uncontrolled by the photographer.

I have a lot of other problems about the design, but the concept is by far the biggest problem with the website.

Flickr was by no means beautifully designed before, but it was at least adequate. It is now vile.

view photos

Mycophagia PRO says:

Any photo sharing website that no longer allows for both black and white viewing background (Flickr) is a useless one, in my opinion. They just took all my hard work with black bordered photos and shoved them onto an equally black background, which ruins their presentation.

It's either they have no idea what they are doing, or this is one *crappy* beta version of a what is supposed to be a photo sharing website.

Rick's comment before mine is right on the money. I couldn't agree more!

view photos

tarboat PRO says:

It's still total crap! Please change it back or give us a classic opt-out!

view photos

david.robarts says:

I can't even work out how to reply to a post - this is a piece of Apocalyptic cunting burndown of monumental proportions.

view photos

┼ Morgana Hilra♥ says:

wheany:

I also do not see an explanation on if we cancel our "subscriptions" if we lose the remainder of our pro account time.
I do NOT want them charging my paypal with this horrible site.. but, I would like to at least have it til the end of my time.

view photos

mac_ivan PRO says:

Would be nice to be able to see photostream in other views rather then justified it also needs to have an ability to always show titles and metadata - not just on rollover.

view photos

Cochese H says:

Love it.

It should be even better when the people complaining about things they haven't bothered to take five minutes to explore leave.

view photos

vtpeacenik PRO says:

I can't even find my flickr mail.

view photos

LukeClarenceVan says:

I find the new homepage off-putting, it seems dark and disorganized. Unfortunately, this makes viewing recent activity an arduous process, making navigation of the site itself considerably harder. Also, I dislike the banishment of pro. While I'm glad that the free account's been upgraded, unlimited space and stats more that made up for the cost of pro, and with a limit of 1 terabyte (or more with doublr) I foresee many people running out of space and having to go through the brutal process of making a second account and getting new contacts, or moving to another site.

view photos

janis kwasney...[off_on] PRO says:

What a surprise to see everything totally changed without any warning!
The new layout is unattractive to me, and would prefer to go back to the old one or at least have the option.

view photos

Geoff and Ana-Maria PRO says:

Flickr on? You must be joking. Flickr OFF. Marissa Meyer said she wouldn't "screw up" Tumblr, so I guess she decided to screw up Flickr instead.

view photos

picca-boo says:

Just got a shock when openend my page this morn (nearly choked on my coffee) So called changes make it impossible to do simplest things.
Whoever 'designed' this needs to get another job. Its awful, LOOKS GARISH, UNPROFFESSIONAL and IT WALKS ALL OVER FLICKR USERS... that sucks

view photos

shipscompass PRO says:

Flickr is up sh*T creek without a paddle!!!!!!

view photos

christian kluge says:

jake74:

yes

view photos

Owen H R PRO says:

Maybe Flickr should take the hint and change it back to the old Flickr...

no one likes the new flickr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

view photos

...Occhio di gattO... says:

No more notes?

No way of viewing activity on your stream only??????$

view photos

stu.bloggs..Dont do Sundays says:

ToniVC:

No, you and Homer Simpson.

view photos

Flava Sweet PRO says:

I hate the black heading! It hurts my eyes with such a big contrast. Haven't tried to do anything else so I don't know about the rest. So far I hate it! =P

view photos

mym says:

Make it customisable or the things that keep me here will die.

view photos

World White Web says:

I have spent 2 years of my life to make my fickr page / texts / info / descriptions / tags / maps / links - TO LOOK THE WAY I WANT IT TO LOOK, AND I'M KNOWING EVERY BIT WHERE IT IS AND HOW IT LOOKS WITH MY EYES CLOSED! JUST WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?!?!?!?

view photos

___rei PRO says:

ms. neaux neaux:

that's probably going to change very soon since yahoo (who own flickr) just purchased tumblr and now own both websites. if anything, i imagine they would start trying to exclude their competitors from being 'tumblr friendly' so as to drive users back to yahoo owned sites (like flickr) in the near future. just a conspiracy theory but you never know.

view photos

Mike.D.Green PRO says:

Flickrs USP was that it was designed for presenting photographs in an elegant, relatively clean design which was - or at least could be - tailored by the user to present their images as they thought best suited those images.

This change, especially to the home/launch pages, has destroyed that USP. I can see no reason, now, to prefer Flickr over any other site which offers photo sharing of the 'stick a load of photos up on a page' type.

I shall consider this for a day or so but I am highly likely to cancel my Pro account, request a refund and cease using Flickr altogether unless these changes are reverted or options added.

Further, those options should be centred on how a user's images are displayed to other people, not merely modification of their own experience of the site. I don't want my images displayed in an execrable, tiled manner with near-zero space and on a black background; they weren't created to be part of a mosaic!

view photos

.o.. says:

Please feel free to download and re-post.

view photos

der aerger PRO says:

- The summary page is useless with such large fotos. I want to see all infos about uploads of my friends on one page. And not exactly one foto and scroll
- Where can i find my shared links?
- The new photo sets look nice. Its nice for visitors that only want to see photos. For me as owner it makes me more clicks/mousemoves to get to infos I want
- A lot of features are now hidden and I need more clicks to get acces to them. That no improvement

When I edit a fotoset I still can change the layout from it and get a error message. I am not paying money for being beta tester.... really test your software, solve the bugs and dont remove features that are used by a lot of people. The better way is to talk with the community before you release something. Sorry that I cannot honor your work. But currently I am sad that.

view photos

Andrew T...has left the building says:

The opt-out link, please. I've spent hundreds of dollars and literally years of my time building this site, but it is unrecognizable and utterly unusable now. My urgent advice to the developers: Revert to yesterday's code, write off your losses, and put every bit of this new look and new experience in the trash, where it belongs.

(Oh...and the photostream pages don't work at all in Firefox 3, which I had been using for the last couple weeks to specifically avoid the "bucket test" that struck me whenever I tried to use Flickr in a newer browser.)

view photos

'still' not Brad Pitt says:

Utterly and completely awful...

view photos

justL1209 PRO says:

StevenM_61:

well said!

view photos

Robert Guimont says:

Unless things go back to the way they were, I am not renewing my Flickr subscription next year!
This is really bad!

view photos

OllyOllen says:

I don't mind the new format, but I mind that all this effort was put into making superficial changes - apparently just for change's sake - and actual errors that people have been flagging for years still have not been corrected. I'm talking about the map tool and the fact that some place names in the "according to the map zoom level..." drop down list are so wrong that they are unrecognizable from the real world place name. It's so disappointing that the effort users have been making for years, in fora like this, to provide feedback on the corrections and enhancements we'd actually like to see, has been completely ignored.

view photos

Scott in Tacoma PRO says:

Thea Lamkin:

How can I set mine back to what I am used to. This is not good for how I use Flickr!!!

view photos

robert55012 PRO says:

Please change Flickr back immediately.

It wasn't bust so it didn't need to be changed.

Might have to move my photos somewhere else.

view photos

DarloRich2009 PRO says:

Thea Lamkin:

Hello McFly - is there any chance one of the staff could come on and read what is being said and perhaps react? Have you all retreated to your secret underground liars in the hope the nasty internet men go away.

You have made a big mistake with this upload. Read the thread, it is hated. Just admit you got it wrong and change it back because if this stays like this and us pro account holders get reamed then i am off. VERY angry about this.

BTW - change is a good thing, Stupid, crap, pointless, trendy change bloody crazy thing!

view photos

milomingo PRO says:

Thomas Hawk:

you really don't have a clue....pretty shallow.

view photos

Kingsdude/Dave says:

New layout is truly terrible, what`s happened to simplicity and common sense - bring back the the old style :-((

view photos

Eli the Bearded says:

What I've seen of the new look does not make me happy.

I want to see photo titles and descriptions when I go to someone's photo stream. I don't want to just be confronted with a wall of photos.

When I click on a photo I want to see title, tags, description and comments. I don't want to see the full screen or whatever you call it. I have never liked that way of viewing photos and never used it intentionally.

I like flickr as a social image sharing site, and the changes I've seen remove the social aspect and make it a voyeuristic (in the general sense) image sharing site.

view photos

still.Life says:

The new design is worse than the Holocaust. I feel nauseated by the complete and utter ruthlessness of whoever decided this change.

view photos

iampaulrus says:

I think my main criticism is that I've only recently started my pro subscription, and I appear to be stuck with this garbage for the next 2 years without ever asking for it, or having the opportunity to opt out.

Was there a warning that this change was coming? At least Facebook gave some notice (and an optional preview) for Timeline.

I'm not 'anti-change', I simply don't see an improvement with the new design. Were any photographers or users of the site involved with the update? I just feel you've alienated the core audience by killing Flickr's USP, trying to turn it into just another social networking site.

view photos

gooey_lewy PRO says:

Cochese H:

I've tried and it crashes my laptop...

view photos

jackatlargs PRO says:

Change it Back SAP, this one Sucks , come one Flicker , enough people are saying No we don't want this new Flicker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 297 298
(1801 to 1900 of 29,735 replies in [Closed] [Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads