Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 24 minutes ago
Having trouble with Flickr? Read this first
Latest: 25 hours ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 5 days ago

Current Discussion

[BUG AGAIN]Can't see images on flickr... only a white square with icon in top left corner...
Latest: 10 minutes ago
How to change my primary email address? Currently, I'm unable to access the email to use the link to change it. Kindly, let me know the possible other way to change the primary email address.
Latest: 14 minutes ago
[staff response] Can't Open Photos in Photostream
Latest: 43 minutes ago
photos wont load?
Latest: 44 minutes ago
Show photos not in groups
Latest: 2 hours ago
Bug Safari unable to make a secure connection
Latest: 3 hours ago
How can I edit my cover photo?
Latest: 4 hours ago
Zip download doesn't work
Latest: 8 hours ago
How many collections and albums do you get with a free account?
Latest: 9 hours ago
This photo is no longer available - still no solution found
Latest: 11 hours ago
Reinstalled Windows, no adult content shown for me anymore (Safe Search Filters)
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Closed] [Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes

Flickr Staff

Thea Lamkin says:

Just in case you're wondering where the Official Feedback thread is now, follow along to the new one we created here.

Egads! Such a lot of new stuff came out today, and we're sure you're itching to tell us what you think about it.

This is just the place for all of your questions, concerns, suggestions, and other non-bug related comments about:

- The new Home page
- The new Photostream page
- The new Photo page
- The new Set page
- The new Search
- Other design changes you may have noticed

Let's keep all the feedback in one place and let everyone have a chance to be heard. Kay, Emily and I will be reading everything you have to say, and responding when we have the time and information to do so.

Thanks everyone, and Flickr on!

Staff Update

Hello again everyone. We've made some big, giant changes to the site, and it will take some getting used to. We are listening, and value what you all have to say.

We are also committed to making sure the new pages are working properly, and will continue to make improvements as we hear more from you. Please do your part to make sure that people coming to the Forum for help or to report bugs and site issues get a chance to be heard.

For those of you who have reported bugs or other usability concerns already, we'll be working over the following days to take stock of ongoing issues and respond when possible.

Finally, it should also go without saying that personal attacks against Staff or other users will not be tolerated, and may prevent your ability to take part in discussion here in the Help Forum.

Staff Update

Hey everyone. We're still reading this thread regularly, as well as all the other feedback threads you've been contributing to in the forum.

Though we appreciate your need to participate in discussions around our new changes, it's time to let the Help Forum return to its normal operations. People come here for help using Flickr, and we need to give them the room to get their questions answered by fellow users and Staff.

To make this is possible, we'll be closing threads that do not relate to Flickr and redirecting general feedback threads here.
Posted at 2:20PM, 20 May 2013 PDT ( permalink )
Thea Lamkin (staff) edited this topic 62 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 297 298
(1 to 100 of 29,735 replies in [Closed] [Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes)
view photos

BlueisCoool says:

WoW!
Posted 63 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

fryske PRO says:

I just clicked on a pic - yuk!
I don't like going to the black page with the comments lost at the bottom

view photos

the boris daily PRO says:

Blimey!

view photos

awake bee says:

Would have been a really nice thing to ask 'before' changing it? Would also really like some customizing options or opt out of some of the new stuff...my internet isn't the fastest and it takes forever now to load my photostream...
awake bee edited this topic 63 months ago.

view photos

jehg_no23 says:

Change it back!!

view photos

[Carter] says:

this. is. FUCKING. HIDEOUS.

view photos

Mr Strato says:

Hi, following the change to black backgrounds, how do I cancel my Pro account and get a full refund?

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

What in the hell is this confused mess of crap???

And I can't access my photostream...all I get is the eternally spinning and cursed blue and pink balls after signing in.

view photos

Tim Green aka atoach PRO says:

What [Carter] said

view photos

fryske PRO says:

The pictures are lost in this huge chunk of black -- and fiddly clicks to send the picture to someone...

Couldn't we have been asked?

view photos

sohvimus PRO says:

Argh! Took me ages to get to the Help Forum because all those photos just kept loading and the link here kept leaping out of my grasp! Not good at all.

It's very, very, very IN YOUR FACE. (Yes, caps are necessary.)

I prefer my Flickr homepage with the small icons where I can see many people's new uploads at the same time rather than just one person's latest upload smacking me in the face.

view photos

Lawdeda ❤ PRO says:

Ack all this Black every where is AWFUL!!!! CHANGE IT BACK... For some people who have sight problems I can tell you right now that Black is a nightmare!

view photos

i_am_subverted PRO says:

I loathe the new homepage. Why is everything HUGE?

Edit: So...Now Im looking at my photostream where my sets are not displayed, collections are not displayed, and everything is mashed together. What were you thinking...

Edit2: Now I got myself calmed down about that...and I clicked on a photo. After I got rid of the blue bar...it got worse. I see you went for high contrast...interesting.

Edit3: What does this change mean for pro users changing to free in relation to 1) view count/referrer stats and 2) replacing photos? The FAQs are ambiguous about this detail.

Edit4: 74 pages and not a single staff response as far as I could find. Nothing.

[Removed by Staff.]
Thea Lamkin (staff) edited this topic 63 months ago.

view photos

fryske PRO says:

What Carter said x 1000

view photos

Doffcocker PRO says:

Terrible.

I hated it when PICASA changed to GOOGLE+, it looks as if FLICKR has copied them and changed to a horrible display. Is it not possible to have an option to revert to the old tidy display and not this new messy one.

view photos

David Jefferson Photo PRO says:

Change it back!!!!!

view photos

Catsy [CC] PRO says:

Oh dear god this is HORRIFYING. Please, please, please reconsider this.

To be more specific in a less subjective fashion: you've practically turned every square inch of the home page into an image, and the top navigation bar is a transparency. As ought to be entirely predictable of such a design, it's SLOW. Painfully, excruciatingly slow. I can barely navigate it over a remote desktop connection anymore without it stuttering every time I scroll. Plus I can barely get more than one or two bits of activity on the screen at a time, so I HAVE to scroll to see much of anything.

Please, please revert this awful design. Please. The old page was straightforward and mostly text-based, and it did its job: allowing me to quickly glance at recent activity. I won't be using this home page at all if this is how it stays; I'll have to rely on email updates to see recent activity.

view photos

fryske PRO says:

How do I access my profile?

view photos

trite ray says:

I HATE IT Give us the choice of this disgusting page or a stream where we can see things as we like them ... ! how can we get it back so i can see things as i like them this is absolutely horrid so we will no doubt be forced to keep it! its just horrid !

I will not be going Pro again !

I share my pics as i want and dont use facebook or other crap like that. Flickr used to be a super place to share with who i liked to, no longer the case.

view photos

[Carter] says:

I'm on a computer, not a phone. I want a usable site in which I can interact with a community, not a hideous 'internet 3.0' facelift that makes the site unusable but pretty on a tablet.

You're killing your own efforts to create a viable internet community, Yahoo. Fire whatever executive is telling you that you need to throw features at the site every 8-12 months.

view photos

sturdy giants says:

PLEASE change it back or at least give me the option of 'classic view'. This is horrible!!!
I visit the site everyday and now it's like suddenly having everything shoved right in my face. PLEASE change it back. I'll be out of here within 2 days if you don't at least give me an option.
What the hell were you thinking?

view photos

monon738 PRO says:

I hate it!!!!! Go back to the way it was. Why do you people keep trying to fix it when it isn't broken
monon738 edited this topic 63 months ago.

view photos

MountainEagleCrafter says:

As Zoom Lens said: What in the hell is this confused mess of crap???

All of a sudden, there is no way to add a photo to groups!!!!!!!

view photos

The One True b!X says:

www.flickr.com/account/prefs/layout/?from=layout now leads to an error, but is a link from, say, www.flickr.com/photos/theonetruebix/?details=1

view photos

Simon_K PRO says:

This is completely beyond me - the site has been creaking towards near-invalidity for weeks, and now you f*** up the things that were working?

If I wanted to be on a social network site I'd join facebook. I don't. I want to share photographs. I've been a pro member for more than seven years, I have more than 40,000 photos on flickr, and quite frankly I've now had about as much as I can take.

view photos

NikonNigel says:

Messy, too different and doesn't work properly.

Can we have the old one back and add the changes a bit at a time rather than big bang!

view photos

MountainEagleCrafter says:

For the love of God, CHANGE IT BACK!

view photos

{ meme } | *. emm [ shop ] says:

This is horrible. Please change it back or give us the option like someone else said. This is just absolutely ugly and hideous and not at all functional for those who have been with flickr for ages.

view photos

mcudeque PRO says:

Change it back! This is awful---the screen is cluttered--beautiful or interesting images are reduced to just so much fodder on the page. This is hideous. Truly hideous.

view photos

ashman 88 PRO says:

Hate it!!

view photos

Pookie in NL ♥ ='◕ ᴥ ◕'= says:

Please change it back, i freaking hate it!!!!!
It is annoying, confusing and so visually busy it is giving me a headache if flickr remains like this i will seriously consider closing my account for good...
PROTEST
Pookie in NL ♥ ='◕ ᴥ ◕'= edited this topic 63 months ago.

view photos

Ray Horwath PRO says:

This sucks!

view photos

tibiloo says:

WTF ? I'm lost... I want the old flickr

view photos

jackaloha2 PRO says:

My God flickr!!!! You have got to be kidding! This truly sucks! Are you trying to drive us all away?

view photos

Olavia Kite PRO says:

This new Flickr looks like Google Images. I don't like it one bit, and it's definitely not what I paid for. It makes it impossible to differentiate one image from the other. Please change it back! I feel robbed.
Olavia Kite edited this topic 63 months ago.

view photos

knightbefore_99 PRO says:

This is ridiculous , we passed April first
very bad joke

view photos

Dmserna says:

This blows... Put it back to how it was.

view photos

Cryogenic Pulp PRO says:

Hate it! Change it back!

view photos

C McCann says:

What a change! This may take some adjustment.

view photos

üüüííííí !!! says:

this is hell.
please put it back.

view photos

Darren-Muir says:

Love it.

view photos

ricko PRO says:

It sucks big time! I want classic view also. This is not what I paid for.

view photos

SenebDesign PRO says:

Nonononononononono. I want the old, simple version back with thumbnails, not giant photos in my face I might not want to see!

view photos

Foddy0 PRO says:

IT'S ALL FAR TOO BIG AND SHOUTY!

The user's home page is more or less just one picture, it takes all sorts of scrolling and clicking to find out the same information that was all there on one page before.

Horrendous!

view photos

Joe Turner - www.joeturnerphotography.co.uk says:

Its okay Can we have a option please to have the new style or the old one please!!!

view photos

productive pan says:

What an UTTER heap of CRAP. Give me the option of going back to the old flickr, or refund my pro membership please. NO WAY am i putting up with this utter piece of shite.

view photos

G. O'Graffer PRO says:

I truly hate it. It's overkill and completely unmanageable.

view photos

sohvimus PRO says:

Just looked at my own photostream. Totally ruined.

view photos

comedy_nose PRO says:

Is this a wind up? It's horrific. It looks like Google Images and I hate that too.

We NEED white space!

view photos

patchworkgandalf says:

what the heck? give me back my summary page, give me back the bit where I can see titles and comments - eek

view photos

what distance says:

This is really really bad. Not what I pay for as a pro user.

view photos

historygradguy (jobhunting) PRO says:

Considering the major griping flickr has gotten from previous minor changes I'm surprised they'd go ahead with such a radical site redesign.

My first reaction is that I'm not a big fan of it. The regular design was pretty good in terms of laying everything out. Now I've got a bunch of different things of different sizes and content, none of it clearly organized.

view photos

rockymountainroz PRO says:

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK! THIS is SO confusing! PLEASE!

view photos

plaisanter~ PRO says:

Horrid, far too confusing and extremely ugly. Much prefer a streamlined appearance.

view photos

Jewell Wirefly PRO says:

I hate it!!!
Its hell!!
Please change it back!!!

view photos

Heidi @ Blythe Fifth Avenue PRO says:

every time I click the "back" button, I GET KITTENS!!! GRRRRR!!!

view photos

RukatheBlackfish says:

I don't like the homepage. It's way too cluttered. Activity on photos is mixed in with contacts uploads, how is that beneficial?
I liked it being separate for a reason. I already changed my bookmark. I just can't stand it. It is just way, way too cluttered.
Thanks for putting the photos on black (I like black better), I'm kind of bummed you have to scroll down to see the next images in the set but other then that I don't mind the new change.
I'm glad you can still see the image and description without scrolling. The stats for the photo are kind of too plain though. Black text with no box :/ (do people really need to see I've been a member for X years on each photo?). Anyway I think if you are going to change that, the set images should be above the now almost useless stats.

Perfect!
[icon]Foddy0

IT'S ALL FAR TOO BIG AND SHOUTY!

The user's home page is more or less just one picture, it takes all sorts of scrolling and clicking to find out the same information that was all there on one page before.

Horrendous! Foddy0:

view photos

Edith and Wilmur Ogleby says:

I'm the sort who is accustomed to change and usually enjoy it. I do not enjoy this. I at least expect an option to be able to use flickr the old way. This is completely not viable for me the way I use Flickr. As a Pro user whose subscription is up soon, I will be watching how you address all of the comments coming your way as I search for a new photo host.

Do not like. Please change it back or give people a way to Opt Out.
Edith and Wilmur Ogleby edited this topic 63 months ago.

view photos

Isley Fancet Fretwerk-Barbosa says:

I hate it this is so confusing.

view photos

seadawg_360 says:

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us a way to opt out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

view photos

harakiri PRO says:

awful

view photos

fantazma41 PRO says:

Change it back!!!!! I liked how it was!!! This is a big mess!!! I have been with Flickr a lot of years now....Change it back or I'm going to find a more "User Friendly" photo site to take my photos to!!! Flickr use to be the best of the best.....now it's nothing but a big mess!!! And why weren't we given the option of changing or not? Not even a warning or a this is where you can find stuff now? I can't find nothing on here!! where are my stats? Where is my photostream? where is upload photos? I feel like I left home and came back and someone broke in and moved my stuff out and their in!!! It Just doesn't feel like home anymore.... PLEASE change it back!!!! :-(

view photos

stevewilliams7 PRO says:

No, don't like it. Change it back please.

view photos

Bebopgirl1969 PRO says:

First of all, it was a pain to get to the Help Forum, as no matter what page I tried seemed to turn into nothing but never-ending photos.

Secondly, who chose the photo which shows up on the header behind our names? Why is some generic photo showing as a header on our own pages? Why does that header take up so much space?

Obviously I haven't had a lot of time to look at it/get used to it but the page with Activity on it looks like a huge mess.

view photos

coollessons2004 PRO says:

Please tell us how to change it back to the way it was. Is that an option?

Thank you.

view photos

mochi / vespertine PRO says:

i dont like it at all.. it looks pretty messy...
i really like system of using full resolution/ showing bigger thumbnails of pics.. but it has totally no order according to its utility
old version was much better, i still hope this is kind of bad joke. / beta testing of our attention.

view photos

Techuser PRO says:

This kinda looks like 500px now
I'm not against having this option, but I'd like to customize it (and like I said, an option), like still having the sets on a siderbar on the photostream, and being able to choose the color of the background after you click a picture, AND options to give the fullscreen view or not. (I guess they must be somewhere but I can't find the account settings now)

view photos

clinkclunk PRO says:

Please put it back. Before I could see an overview of everything on one page - I hate this.

OLD STYLE BACK NOW (please?)

view photos

jackaloha2 PRO says:

Do you guys even care what we think?

view photos

Lauren Minuet [flirtingwithfashion.net] says:

So confusing! Please consider giving us the option to go back to the old style.

view photos

BlueisCoool says:

Talk about going overboard Flickr - OMG!

view photos

Myrtlebeachbum says:

So glad my pro account will be expiring soon, not renewing with this crap!

view photos

successful bird says:

This is the pits ! I can't even find how to email a group member ! Why does flickr have to mess things up like this put it back like it was !!!!

view photos

randeclip says:

This is ridiculous!
I didn't ask nor did I want you to change anything!
I want it back...NOW!
I feel it's incredably unfair to assume this is what I will like. I have been a Flicker Pro membor for almost a decade. I wasn't asked and wasn't given any option.
Shame on you for making the assumption that this change is good for me (us).
Give us the option to display our photos in the other way.

view photos

حسام الغامدي says:

Ugly!

Bring back the old Flickr, or at least give us options to choose between the ugly Flickr and the old Flickr!

view photos

Photo Guy TTFN PRO says:

Horrible What were you thinking.Can't wait till PRO runs out.

view photos

iTrinket says:

I miss the old homepage where I could see a little bit of everyone's uploads. If I wanted to see someone's picture larger I'd click on it, really feels like you're forcing it down our throats"LOOK AT THIS, LOOOKKKK". Really HATE this new Flickr and I demand we at least get the option to use the old format.

view photos

korona-pl says:

It's a crap. Who needs another facebook?
It's messy and unorganized - I need to click through menus to find things that were on "old" main page.

CHANGE IT BACK !!!

view photos

handsome meal says:

Dislike the homepage a lot, where everything is HUGE and I can't see anything anymore at first glance. Endless scrolling...I don't get the fun of it, it's annoying!

I loved the simplicity of Flickr, but this new design is making me consider getting rid of it all together. I find it not usable at all anymore.

view photos

Nuao says:

This must be brand new as I could still access the old look a few minutes ago. My main issue is that I can't seem to customize my main page... Or perhaps it's not as obvious as it once was? I don't want to know if someone else commented on a friend's picture (I have this option unchecked). I also had a REALLY hard time getting to the help section as pictures would just keep on loading.

Right now, everything seems cluttered. It's quite headache-inducing.
May we simply get to decide between this new look and the old one?

view photos

Patrick Berden PRO says:

I don't like this either. Hope i can customize this...

view photos

fuzzy cub says:

Absolute load of CRAP! Bring back the old page!

view photos

fryske PRO says:

How do I add a picture to a group?

Why can't I see all the picture comments rather than just the most recent few

This is very poor,.

view photos

photothudd says:

It is hideous. It is unusable! Im running this on a netbook with windows XP and the front page wont load. I cant access any of my photos!

CHANGE IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

view photos

MurderWithMirrors PRO says:

Thea Lamkin:

I HATE the new home page, I HATE having giant obnoxious pictures staring at me, I HATE the fact that I can't just scroll down to the bottom of the page without a ton of giant pictures loading, I HATE everything about the new home page, how do I get the old one back?

view photos

Mary Faith. says:

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For goodness sake - if something is not broken WHY BREAK IT!!!!! :)

My computer is sooooo slow now I won't be bothered with Flickr any more - after 5 happy years!!!!!!

PLEASE PUT IT BACK HOW IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!

view photos

Thush PRO says:

Not keen on this at all. Can't change the cover photo to an earlier photo I have already uploaded.

view photos

Andrew Somers says:

You had something simple and effective, and made an update that took away the brilliance of that.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Simple as that.

view photos

vigorous cub says:

Trash!
Sorry.
For what is this nonsens.
By by Flickr

view photos

jackaloha2 PRO says:

Hey Flickr gurus....do you get the idea that must of us hate this mess!!!...or do you care at all?

view photos

Clive G' says:

Er, have you got the message yet. Just back the changes out and we'll forget it ever happened.

view photos

mthw says:

change it back

view photos

Kevin.Woodard says:

Do I like having more space? Yes. Do I like the new layout? No. Do I want an option of "Classic View"? Very much yes! New site uses too much bandwidth (slow to load) and with the graphics heavy nature (all the big pictures everywhere) is making my old work computer go dreadfully slow.

view photos

Nana (paperfairy.resident) says:

I hate it!

view photos

vfm4 says:

this is not what i want, i don´t want the justified pics! where do i change that?

view photos

nondesigner59 PRO says:

I Don't like it one bit.!! can't see my sets, can't see the number of views on each image, can't see the number of comments, can't see the number of faves. It was fine how it was. PUT IT BACK HOW IT WAS.!!

view photos

Squeakyrat says:

Have spinning balls, no photos.

view photos

6914tm says:

Stupid, stupid and even more stupid. Put it back.

view photos

tarboat PRO says:

This is awful. Why can't I escape back to the classic view. Too much black and everything is too big.

view photos

Andy.Marshall PRO says:

please change it back. hate the new look.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 297 298
(1 to 100 of 29,735 replies in [Closed] [Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads