Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

Group Settings Update to Ignore Photo Posting Limits
Latest: 24 minutes ago
[Official Thread] New Wallet + Flickr Pro Partners
Latest: 14 hours ago
[fixing - staff response] "this photo is no longer available"
Latest: 23 hours ago
[Fixing - staff response] Very slow and many pandas today
Latest: 30 hours ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 3 days ago
Change to Limit of "Groups a Photo Can Be Submitted To"
Latest: 2 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Flickr app
Latest: 8 minutes ago
[answer provided] iOS11's HEIF and Flickr auto uploadr in iOS
Latest: 11 minutes ago
can I quickly remove groups without going into each one of them?
Latest: 15 minutes ago
[answer provided] Just bought a Pro account and my views dropped by millions
Latest: 20 minutes ago
View an album
Latest: 42 minutes ago
[staff response - fixing] mentioned you in a photo
Latest: 3 hours ago
Unable to upload video's on FlickR from iPhone
Latest: 6 hours ago
[resolved] explore
Latest: 7 hours ago
[fixing] Album downloads are failing
Latest: 7 hours ago
[won't fix] Attempting Facebook contact import results in 'username or password is incorrect' error
Latest: 9 hours ago
"recent activity" missing
Latest: 9 hours ago
[investigating] sharing from flickr to facebook - images now cropped
Latest: 10 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Windows Phone 8 Official Flickr Application Login Error

Alex Holyoake PRO says:

Hello Flickr members,

I'm having what 'appears' to be unique issue with the official Flickr application on my Windows Phone 8 HTC 8S. Whenever I try to log into the application using my Yahoo ID and password, I get the error:

'Unable to reach Flickr login services. Press Back to try again.'

I've tried hard-resetting my phone, and re-installing the application several times, to no avail. Even if I empty the Internet Explorer cache, the problem still occurs.

I find it extremely frustrating, as I use Flickr quite a lot, and would like to access it.

If anyone has an solutions, they would be most welcome.

Thanks!
Posted at 7:45AM, 15 May 2013 PST ( permalink )

view photos

terrance.j.oconnell says:

Hello,

I am also have same problem on my new HTC ONE.

Have tried the built in app, the downloaded app from Google Store, and just logging in through internet browser.
All produce same error.
I have also tried numerous solutions to get it working.
Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Posted 56 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Alex Holyoake PRO says:

terrance.j.oconnell:

Hey Terrance, from the fact you're working on Android, this doesn't seem to be a phone and/or OS issue but either an application, or mobile login page error...

Perhaps the situation will resolve itself within a few days, and maybe the Flickr team have noticed it already, or an update will be role out for both platforms too.

I'll keep trying to log in daily, and update the thread if there are any changes, but yes as you said, some advice or official help would be nice.

view photos

Stairhopper,

Definetely an issue with the mobile apps. I downloaded the Flickr app onto my old iPhone and got the same error.
Hopefully Flickr is aware of this......

view photos

GB_dude says:

Same issue on my Nokia Lumia. Had the phone a week and a bit but only downloaded flickr app today for the first time and get the 'Unable to reach Flickr login services. Press Back to try again.' message.

Tried a full reset and tried including @yahoo.co.uk with my ID just in case it needed it and no luck.

view photos

LUCIFERT [ UQ ] Urbex 2014 says:

Same issue here with windows phone 8 lumia 620, at login it connect to yahoo but do not go further in flickr login... that sucks.. i want my flickr back!! :P

view photos

Astro Boy 14 says:

Same exact issue

Phone Make: HTC Windows Phone 8X

view photos

Hanfried Bogart PRO says:

Besides that the app itself is almost unusable, laggy and featureless, I'm having the same error when trying to login for the first time.
And there is no really an alternative for the official app as Flickr Manager has been pulled from Store.
All crying for stupid Instagramm and the real photocentric site is treated with ignorance. Now we get what we deserve!

view photos

stevebfotos PRO says:

Have a Lumia 920 with Windoze 8 and am experiencing exact same error message with the official Flickr app, i.e. "Unable to reach Flickr login services. Press Back to try again".

Since I just flashed the phone earlier today to put the latest firmware in place, I thought perhaps that could be an issue, but I see here I'm not alone.

I installed the iOS app on my iPhone earlier this evening to see if there was an issue at Flickr and the iPhone app authenticated perfectly and things couldn't be better.

Steve

view photos

Alex Holyoake PRO says:

stevebfotos:

Hmm, this seems to be a login API error maybe? It seems that the 'old iPhone' used by Terrance can't log in, and neither can the HTC One android or any Windows Phone 8 device.

Perhaps the way applications log in were changed, and only the new iPhone app has the capabilities of logging in with the updated API? It's just a theory, but it would explain why the old iOS , Windows Phone 8, and Android applications fail to authenticate anymore, since they've yet to be updated.

I just hope a Yahoo and/or Flickr employee is working on this...

view photos

martinjerresand says:

Same issue!

view photos

martinjerresand says:

Try Pixl app!

view photos

tntmarkwalter says:

I guess this is because of tonight's announcement? Maybe they were updating the servers in some way that inadvertently knocked out the ability to log in?

I'm also really hoping for a native WP8 app, but getting this one working would be plenty for now.

view photos

LUKIYACHEN says:

Same issue, please fix it ASAP.

view photos

whishkid says:

same issue!

view photos

whishkid says:

due to the new Look of Flickr?

view photos

pursanovd says:

Please improve the windows phone app! Its really needed for uploading from the phone and now its too cropped! Cant upload several photos at once, cant set upload settings when i want...Pity, flickr is really good service, need that app on the phone to be that really good too!

view photos

ninepine PRO says:

Exactly the same issue with Nokia Lumia 820 also frustrating that you can't report to Customer Services as their form requires a phone number but then won't validate a standard UK mobile number.

view photos

Robert Edgar says:

Alex Holyoake:

Same problem also using HTC 8X

Just when I thought it was worth giving yahoo another chance

view photos

m4tthall says:

The app is rubbish. I am toying with the idea of moving from Google for my pictures and would either go to SkyDrive or Flickr. As there is no app for Flickr I am likely to end up on SkyDrive.

view photos

Irena Prochkova says:

The same for my Nokia Lumia 800 as well (Windows phone 7.5). Getting the message "Unable to reach Flickr login services. Press Back to try again".

view photos

// joshua says:

Same issue on Lumia 928

view photos

Morpheus_uk says:

Having this issue on my Lumia 920 for Windows Phone 8. Tried normal and alternative log in methods - any ETA for a fix?

view photos

JHoff80 says:

Same here. Also, the app really should tie into the Photos & Camera setting section's auto-upload options.

view photos

svk151 says:

Go to you yahoo account on your desktop and login, then you will be able to login to flickr from you wp app too

view photos

darvisha says:

Having login issue on my Nokia Lumina 920 and on my Samsung focus. I do believe a Windows phone app must be developed for this service.

view photos

sjrobbins PRO says:

Same problem here - signed into my desktop fine, phone is a no go.

view photos

ninepine PRO says:

I've just had the following interesting exchange with "Customer Care". Seems to be a problem with the API but Flickr Customer Care disavow responsibility for this.

Most recent post at top. This follows my report of the Unable to reach Flickr login.

Mike

Hello Mike,
Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Flickr.

If I’ve understood your issue correctly, you need help with getting your app fixed.

Unfortunately, we don't provide technical support for the Flickr API.
However, you may be able to find the help you need at the following resources:

YDN Flickr Developer Support Group
Flickr API Group
code.Flickr
The "For Developers" section of The App Garden

This may not be the most satisfying answer to the concerns you have, and if so, I apologize for that. If we can help you with other concerns or issues, please don't hesitate to reply to this email and we will gladly assist you further.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Flickr.
Regards,
Archer
Yahoo! Customer Care

Customer By Email (Mike Fuller) 05/21/2013 03:36 PM

OK Uninstalled and reinstalled. Now get a message saying Oops There's no api_sig parameter and statement suggesting it's not a Flickr problem (which it is because it's your App).

Fix please.

On 21 May 2013 21:37, "Yahoo! Customer Care" wrote:

Response Via Email (Marie) 05/21/2013 01:36 PM
Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting Flickr.
I am sorry you are experiencing issues logging into the Flickr app. I assure you I will do everything I am able to help you.

The first troubleshooting step you will want to take is to uninstall and reinstall the Flickr windows phone app. You may also which to attempt logging in from the phone's browser, available at m.flickr.com.
If you continue to experience issues, please let us know in detail what you encounter.

Posted 55 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

ninepine PRO says:

I've just posted a request for help in the API support group

tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/yws-flickr/message/8116

Hope someone there can find a fix.

Mike

view photos

a peaceful warrior says:

Lumia 720, WP8. App downloaded today, same issue.

"Unable to reach Flickr login services".

ninepine, thanks for request to the support group.

view photos

Fufro says:

Nokia Lumia 800, WP 7.8, app uninstalled and re-installed twice, same issue: unable to reach Flickr login services. I feel like others in this post: "just when I start thinking about giving Yahoo another chance!"

view photos

The Gaskell's Photos says:

also happend to my partners HTC windows phone and mine Samsung ATVi, which is same as we getting married on Monday and wanted to upload photos so are friends and family could seem them

view photos

Flickr Staff

waferbaby PRO says:

Hey guys, thanks for letting us know! We'll take a look.

view photos

ElToroLocoUSA says:

@WaferBaby: I am having the same issues but have some additional information. I am having the problem logging into Flickr but this problem is also affecting the login for the Yahoo email account on my windows 8 phone as well. These are ymail.com and yahoo.com accounts. I am trying to login using the Yahoo service connection on the phone and receive the following error: We couldn't find the settings for the account information you entered. Make sure the email address is correct, then tap Try Again. Just like everyone else I can login to my mail and Flickr just fine on a computer. However, I also have another WP8 that was logged into Yahoo email and Flickr months ago and is still working fine. In addition my iPhone is working fine as well. So, it appears that that the problem lies with new connections and existing connections will continue to work for Yahoo email and Flickr. That is probably why you are not hearing a great deal about this right now. Whatever the Flickr app and the Yahoo email services do or are looking for to setup the initial Yahoo settings on the WP8 has changed. Perhaps, it is something in DNS, new web redirections, or Yahoo has moved servers that are hard coded into the Flickr app and Yahoo email services on the WP8. I hope that helps to resolve this issue ASAP.

view photos

Alex Holyoake PRO says:

waferbaby:

Thank you for taking a look into this issue, it is much appreciated.

Will you be able to keep us updated on a solution or application update, perhaps?

view photos

PLHRD says:

Getting "Unable to reach Flickr login services. Press Back to try again" on my Lumia 928 would love to upload the pictures I'm taking on my phone.

view photos

// joshua says:

loving memorial weekend without the ability to upload....

view photos

ninepine PRO says:

waferbaby:

Many thanks - hope you can find a solution. Interestingly if I enter the wrong password I get a response telling me that the password is invalid. If I enter the correct password I get the "unable to reach Flickr login service".

Seems like what the error message says isn't really what is happening.

view photos

Carlo Pellizzato says:

Uffffff!

view photos

Hudym says:

I've same issue on my HTC 8X and sign with Google credentials, any news about this?

view photos

Eric Korn PRO says:

I was told the flickr app was compiled for Windows 7. Windows 8 has changed and the app needs changing.

view photos

GB_dude says:

I signed in with Google and i got taken to the terrible (on my phone at least) m.flickr.com which looks almost like an old school WAP site.

This seriously needs fixing because for such a big company like Yahoo and a big site like Flickr it's not looking good to have a broken app. It's worse than not having an app because at least without one you could make the excuse that ones in development or you are focusing on other things (Android/IOS) first.

view photos

jader3rd says:

Eric Korn:

It's not that. The app worked on WP8. It broke when they did the big, recent upgrade of the Flickr website.

view photos

brianriceca says:

One more Nokia Lumia 928 owner here, experiencing the same issues. I was excited about trying Flickr again, but this has definitely taken the wind out of my sails.

view photos

Coull says:

Same issue here on fresh install on Lumia 800 with 7.8

Yahoo, do you actually read these forums? I'll post this through Twitter too.

Maybe one day I can upload one photo....

view photos

lumiagraphs.com says:

Hellooo Flickr, when are we getting an updated flickr client. This is too bad that we are getting ignored.

view photos

pedro fortes silva says:

Same problem here. Cannot login with the yahoo account. Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8.

view photos

Carlo Pellizzato says:

same issue! Samsung ATIV S

view photos

BrooklynB0und says:

same here . htc 8x

view photos

DJWhiteSquall says:

So.... it's not working on my Lumia 920 (WP8). Was told that is because it was built for WP7. So I installed on my daughter's Lumia 820 (WP7.8).

Result? "Unable to reach Flickr login services. Press Back to try again."

Who needs a terabyte of storage when you can't access it from your most commonly used device? Well, my most commonly used device. Doubt it's yours. :-)

view photos

caltragaawebmaster says:

Same problem here htc 8x. I notice that if you enter a wrong password you are told that your login details are incorrect

view photos

MrARV says:

If you have a windows phone, you can use photo dom to acces to your flickr account unfortunately you can't upload, is not a solution but is better than nothing while the flickr official app get's fixed, cheers.

view photos

Flickr Staff

spieri_sf PRO says:

We are close to a solution to this issue and hope to have it resolved very soon.

As soon as login is working again, we will post here and let you know. We are really sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have good news for all of you shortly.

view photos

Alex Holyoake PRO says:

spieri_sf:

Thank you for the confirmation, I'll be keeping an eye out!

view photos

Damrod says:

strange thing with the flickr api : the flick app don't work but pixl for flick on wp8 work
why ?

view photos

Flickr Staff

spieri_sf PRO says:

Hey guys- The login issues on Windows Phone for the Flickr should be resolved by now. Thank you so much for your patience and again sorry for the inconvenience.

view photos

ruba8 PRO says:

Yes, it is working now at least for me (WP8 on Lumia 920). Thanks!

view photos

spieri_sf:

Do you have a timeframe for a resolution for the HTC one?
Unable to login to app from Google Play Store, Flickr for HTC Sense built in app, or the "add online service" functionality with HTC's picture app (Gallery). Error message is "Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in at this time. Please try again later."
I am using gMail account for sign in.

view photos

hectorgarciaenbogota says:

Alex Holyoake:

view photos

hectorgarciaenbogota says:

its working for me lumia 620 i signed with my telephone number by facebook and all fine

view photos

Hudym says:

HTC 8X working! Thanks! ;-)

view photos

Alex Holyoake PRO says:

spieri_sf:

Thanks Spieri!

view photos

Damrod says:

working again on my ativ s :)
how do we upload pics directly in a set from the wp8 app ?
the new design of the website is very difficult to use !
in the photostream it shows every pics
is there a mode where it can show onyl photos which are not in a set ?
it can be useful to arrange ours pics :)

view photos

Hanfried Bogart PRO says:

Damrod:

There is no app for WP8! Look at the bottom left corner of the apps first startup page: "Flickr for Windows Phone 7".
Seems, they don't care about WP anymore, not enough users, not worth supporting us! Their help page on the other hand still has a "Flickr and Nokia" category. Today, Nokia is Windows Phone. Both of them do some more for their customers.
All the features you asking for, does not exist in this last year app.
Posted 54 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jmaloney82 says:

When will we be able to make FLICKR our default cloud storage solution when we take a picture with a Windows Phone 8?

view photos

PeckTW says:

Same issue on Lumia 920....

view photos

A.Sundell PRO says:

Ironically the new design on Flickr would fit really well with the live tiles of WP8, a missed opportunity.
Posted 53 months ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads