Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[fixing- staff response] spam comment / mentioned you in a photo
Latest: 25 hours ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 2 days ago
[staff response] Unable to post comments
Latest: 7 days ago

Current Discussion

clicking Follow doesn't work
Latest: 34 seconds ago
Can't click on my photos
Latest: 12 minutes ago
How can I transfer this Flickr account to a different yahoo ID?
Latest: 2 hours ago
how to create a photoset
Latest: 3 hours ago
Many of my recently uploaded photos are missing from my photostream...
Apple TV 4K allow browsing of albums >500 photos?
Statistics not working
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Fixed] Recent views chart not showing in Stats
[closed - duplicate] Issues with Stats and Notifications and fault 404.......
[Fixed] Bug Photo page not loading at all unable to use the site in any way
[Fixed] error loading comments
[Fixed] Retry
More...

Search the Help Forum

[solved] long-time flickr user getting new account spam warnings.

Atomic Photos PRO says:

I have been having trouble for about 2 weeks now. I have had a Pro account since 2009, its an adult account so NSFW.

I have been trying to deal with this through Flickr email help but they keep coming back to me with canned responses and it does not seem they are actually reading my mail describing the problems.

I'm just going to list the problems I am having...

I cannot post any photo to any group, all my photos are set to restricted and I am trying to post in groups that accept restricted material. they will not even post to a group that has invited the pictures there through leaving a "OK add to group button in the comments".
I either get a something went wrong error or nothing happens at all and the photo(s) do not get added to the group. Even groups that I am a moderator in.

I cannot send Flickr mail... I get a "We're sorry, but we've temporarily suspended FlickrMail privileges for new accounts. We hope to bring FlickrMail back as soon as possible." error every time for the last 2 weeks. This account is a pro account and its been that way since 2009.

I cannot Favorite a picture at all the star turns pink but its not added to my favorites and the pink star is gone when I return to the picture

I cannot comment on a picture.... it tells me to slow down partner and upload some pictures etc.... I have 14000 pictures uploaded.

It seems to me something is corrupted on my account and am appearing to Flickr when I do certain things as a new account which I am not.

any suggestions of hep would be greatly appreciated.
Posted at 4:17PM, 12 February 2013 PST ( permalink )
Atomic Photos edited this topic 61 months ago.

view photos

Hairlover PRO says:

Are you using an iPhone? I'm wondering if you might have an issue with your app? Have you tried a new download?
Posted 61 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

Have you tried using different browsers and different computers? That can at least eliminate if it's something happening on your account or if it's something to do with the tools you're using. Usually the first thing I try when a site goes weird is a different browser.

view photos

Atomic Photos PRO says:

The Searcher:

its all the same, I have tried Chrome and IE on windows 7, the flickr app on an iphone 5 and Ipad mini, also Safari logged into the main site not the mobile site on Iphone and Ipad... can't do any of the above with anything.

view photos

wsry1754 says:

I'm using a home computer and I am having problems this evening not being able to add favorite photo's. I was having no problems with it on Saturday. Today just about everything on my account has been going haywire. My account wouldn't let me log out the first I was on it today, so I had to click the x - mark next to the Flickr.com at the top of my screen to get out of it a couple of times. Even the search photo area is acting up.

view photos

wsry1754 says:

It still will not let me log out the way I am suppose to, so I have to close out the tab, like I did the first time earlier today to get out.

view photos

Atomic Photos PRO says:

Atomic Photos:

I also forgot to post I cannot add any contacts at all.... It just comes back with an error

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

have you been adding a lot of contacts lately? Added to your other issues (blocked from sending Flickrmail, can't comment, etc) I wonder if it may be related to Flickr's spam prevention measures. What do Flickr's canned responses say?

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

What happens when you try these test pages (flickr diagnostics):

www.flickr.com/help_js_diagnosis.gne

www.flickr.com/help/test

www.flickr.com/help/urltest/

Have you tried re-booting your modem/router and clearing your cache?

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

Atomic Photos:

It seems to me something is corrupted on my account and am appearing to Flickr when I do certain things as a new account which I am not.

Are you getting the "whoa, slow down pardner" messages?

We've seen at least one other case recently where a long-standing flickr member was trapped in the new-member anti-spam limits. Staff had to reset their account.

view photos

Atomic Photos PRO says:

RubyMae:

Yes I am getting those messages. It a very frustrating

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

Atomic Photos:

Ah, ok. Only staff can fix this. Unfortunately, as you've experienced, flickr customer care isn't that stellar.

Sometimes staff will check threads in this forum and take action from here but don't hold your breath.

It might be helpful if you amend your title (just edit your first post) to say: [bug] long-time flickr user getting new account spam warnings.

view photos

Atomic Photos PRO says:

Thankyou Ruby Mae, Much appreciated!

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

Good luck

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

Any improvement?

view photos

Atomic Photos PRO says:

Nothing at all. Ruby.... Email help hasn't returned any emails since Saturday either. Nice way to treat a paying customer. I guess going to have to send a new email and go through all the boilerplate troubleshooting again. It really seems they do not read the emails sent to them.

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

Atomic Photos:

I guess going to have to send a new email and go through all the boilerplate troubleshooting again.

Don't do that - it's puts you further down the queue and can confuse things.

Reply to one that you've already started and ask for an update. Tell them quite simply that you're a long time account holder and seem to be hitting the new account spam measures.

view photos

FlyButtafly PRO says:

Atomic Photos:

To be fair, standard turn-around time is 3-5 working days. If you sent one on Saturday, today would be the 4th working day.

view photos

Atomic Photos PRO says:

Hmmmm. The first 3 exchanges were in about 24 hours each. I'll reply to a previous email tonight.

Thanks all for the advice so far.

view photos

Flickr Staff

waferbaby PRO says:

Although I am wearing this very dark and heavy cloak, and speaking to you from this alleyway, I can tell you that your account should be shiny and happy again.

Happy Flickr-erering!

view photos

Atomic Photos PRO says:

Many thanks wafer baby! Everything is a-ok

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

Yay!

view photos

Flickr Staff

waferbaby PRO says:

You never saw me. I was never here.

view photos

Hairlover PRO says:

waferbaby
Hal Holbrook? Is that you?!

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads