Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Changes to Flickr’s photo books and wall art
Latest: 18 minutes ago
[fixing - staff response] "this photo is no longer available"
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Official thread] New commercial use section of Flickr Community Guidelines
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 32 hours ago
[Official Thread] New Photostream Edit view rolling out
Latest: 3 days ago

Current Discussion

[answer provided] EXif information
Latest: 35 minutes ago
Most of the activity on my photos seems to be from bogus accounts
Latest: 40 minutes ago
FlickrMail phising or spam?
Latest: 41 minutes ago
Organizr broken?
Latest: 51 minutes ago
Where is the history and detail of Flickr releases?
Latest: 7 hours ago
Flickr Uploadr Never Finishes Upload for no apparent reason
Latest: 7 hours ago
[answer provided] Editing is disabled right now message
Latest: 8 hours ago
Why don't Descriptions show when viewing Albums in Slideshow mode?
Latest: 9 hours ago
Can't update credit card (*Deadline for PRO pmt today*)
Latest: 9 hours ago
About blurb
Latest: 11 hours ago
Not receiving notices of activity on my photos
Latest: 14 hours ago
Not receiving notices of activity on my photos
Latest: 15 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[resolved] Video processing fails

frogthroat says:

I have successfully uploaded 2 videos with MPEG, WMV2 encoding on January 29th. Today I tried a third one. It says something went wrong with the processing, so I tried again. Same result. The source files were exactly the same as the 2 previous ones (same camera, same settings), the program used was the same, the codec was the same. I tried then MPEG 4 codec, twice. Again it failed.

I have trouble understanding why it now fails when 2 videos of exactly the same didn't. The only difference is this new one is about half the size and length.

I tried with web uploader and again with Flickr Uploadr application. (Win XP version.) I am using FireFox 18.0.2. I am using NoScript, but Flickr is on my trusted list so nothing is blocked.

So basically nothing has changed at my end. Except now I installed the Uploadr application since web uploader didn't work.

I checked video help, FAQs and forums, but could not find any information. Is there a problem with the server at the moment?
Posted at 5:27AM, 7 February 2013 PDT ( permalink )
eMiLy @_@ (staff) edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

frogthroat says:

Error message: "Bonk!

For some reason we were unable to process this video.

There may have been a temporary problem with our servers, or we may not be able to work with this video file."

Tried AVI format, which failed. JPG upload works. Will try again in couple of hours.
Posted 57 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

frogthroat says:

Tried to upload a video I already successfully uploaded on Jan 29, but that failed as well. The issue must be at Flickr's end.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

Flickr FAQ: I tried to use your upload page and got a "BONK" error. What's that?

view photos

House Of Angelica OVER 23 MILLION VIEWS~THANK YOU! PRO says:

Ive tried too ,I got the same message!

view photos

House Of Angelica OVER 23 MILLION VIEWS~THANK YOU! PRO says:

House Of Angelica:

Its been like this since around 3 am eastern standard,Ive tried numerous times!

view photos

frogthroat says:

Just tried with Google Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m. Not a browser issue, as the same thing happened. Most definetly issue on Flickr's side.

view photos

frogthroat says:

Thank you kmacgray, but I've read that and tried all of the suggestions. Old upload page gives the same issue. I don't think the issue is with uploading (which could be a browser issue), but with processing the already uploaded video. This could, of course, be a codec issue, but as even previously working video does not process at the moment and I've tried with several supported formats, it is not issue with my video. It is clearly at Flickr's end.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Schill PRO says:

The problem is likely with the video format itself here, and failure from processing (as opposed to the upload failing). Videos are uploaded the same as photos, but then go into "processing" after the upload finishes. Sorry for the trouble, as video processing can be a bit tricky.

You can refer to an FAQ item regarding video codec support for some hints. My recommendation is to export MPEG-4 (H.264) video with MPEG/MP3 audio if possible, and see if things improve.

view photos

CastleVision PRO says:

Same problem here, tried several formats including ones I've used before, fails after it says it is being processed. I've also just tried using Movie Maker with H.264 as suggested. The videos run fine locally so I don't understand why Flickr has such problems processing them. It's only a simple AVI, WMA or MP4 5MB file. Cheers.

view photos

ernstkers PRO says:

I gave it a try with an AVI-file and got the same result. Uploading works. The video gets its "photopage" and into the processing mode. After some time the bonk error message replaces the processing message on the "photopage".
(Safari / Mountain Lion)

view photos

frogthroat says:

Thank you for your help, Schill. However, as stated earlier I tried with MPEG, MPEG 4, WMV2 and AVI format - even tried one video I have successfully uploaded on 29th of January, so it is not a codec issue.

If a video works on 29th and the same exact file fails now, I don't see how it could be a codec issue. (As a troubleshooting method I tried one of the old videos from 29th, but I really would like to upload a new one I did today.)

There is no audio track on this video.

Upload goes fine on Firefox, Chrome, old uploader and Flickr Uploadr, but processing fails.

Have you tried to upload a video? Any video? And do you know what format it processes it to? I could try to create the video directly in that format.

If there is any further information you would like from me, please do not hesitate to ask. It is no trouble at all. As long as the processing will eventually work.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Schill PRO says:

I'm checking to make sure our video processing is working normally - it appears something is out of whack. Hang tight.

view photos

frogthroat says:

Thank you. No worries. I will wait.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Ross PRO says:

Thanks for the reports, everyone. We're looking into the problem now.

view photos

CastleVision PRO says:

Fixed for me! Thanks guys.

view photos

frogthroat says:

Works now. Thanks!

view photos

Spirea Farm says:

I've been getting 'Processing Failed' every time I try to upload video lately and the latest was a few minutes ago. I am using the same camera and settings that I have used successfully with video upload to Flickr before. Thanks for any help you can offer.

view photos

ausfi PRO says:

double.
ausfi edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

ausfi PRO says:

@Spirea Farm
I just uploaded a video from my computer and it was processed in one minute or less. My browser is Chrome. It's an MP4 video.

view photos

Spirea Farm says:

ausfi:

thanks ausfi.

view photos

debit72 PRO says:

I continue to have problems uploading videos. Some videos from the same camera refuse to process, even after I try uploading them multiple times. Other videos process just fine.

Confused.

view photos

KittyBitty: Manicured Photos says:

I also am having this problem today multiple times.
Posted 56 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ibby and David PRO says:

I've been having this problem for two days. I'm uploading relatively small video files made on my iPhone 4S. They are MOV files in the H.264 codec. They upload, but after processing, it says that they were unable to be processed and I have to delete them.

I've tried the desktop Uploadr, the web-based Uploadr and e-mailing the files, all with the same results.

Thanks.

view photos

Fotos.in.Flickr PRO says:

Same problem here. Multiple videos fail to process. All from the same two cameras I have always uploaded videos from, so no Codec issues or similiar. Seriously annoying.

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

Ibby and David &

Fotos.in.Flickr

It's not helpful to bump a thread where the title is "resolved."

If you're currently experiencing a problem, it would be best if one of you started your own thread explaining the issue. Make sure you include detailed information (such as the original poster did in this case) if you'd actually like someone to attempt to help you.

view photos

xrbbaker says:

Same problem here. Used same camera last week and uploaded files just fine. Took some video today and it uploads but BONKS. I had started using FLICKR because the piece of crap web site VIMEO didn't work. I was pleased that FLICKR worked. Not so much now.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads