Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[investigating] Flickr app 4.3.1 for iOS freezes at sign in screen
Latest: 22 minutes ago
[BUG - staff responding] Photostream Count Incorrect, needs to be rebuilt
Latest: 2 hours ago
[fixing - staff response] Fake / Spam Accounts
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 6 days ago

Current Discussion

Unable to change permissions on multiple photos
Latest: 18 minutes ago
How do I block a members photos from showing up on my home page?
Latest: 39 minutes ago
[investigating] REPLACING a photo! (photo page)
Latest: 48 minutes ago
Flickr Map idea
Latest: 75 minutes ago
New Flickr plan
Latest: 83 minutes ago
Comments-function on app 4.3.1 for IOS has some issues
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] New Flickr Photo Editor
open photo in default window....alternative
Not able to demote myself from being a group admin
Latest: 4 hours ago
Tagging: Save time by cut and pasting duplicate tags.
Can't post in a group I belong to and can't join a new group.
BUG Adding to groups
More...

Search the Help Forum

[BUG] Upload hangs in FireFox - Most ignored Flickr bug

~andre PRO says:

This is happening on and off for weeks - I drop off a few pictures into Uploader and it grabs all images and shows thumbnails. I can also see large images if I click the magnifying glass. However, when I click Upload N Photos in the top right corner and then Upload to Photostream, half the times it hangs on Verifying forever. Tried to leave it there for 10-15 minutes and it was still sitting on that pop-up. I'm using FireFox 18.0.1.
Posted at 8:51PM, 28 January 2013 PDT ( permalink )
~andre edited this topic 54 months ago.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 151 replies in [BUG] Upload hangs in FireFox - Most ignored Flickr bug)
view photos

ColleenM says:

Are you using the web Uploader? There's a link at the top of every Flickr page that says Upload.

I've uploaded hundreds of photos in the past couple days using Firefox and haven't had any trouble. The most likely issue is some kind of slowdown or throttling somewhere between your home computer and the Flickr servers.

You might try running a pathping to see if you can isolate the problem.
Posted 55 months ago. ( permalink )
ColleenM edited this topic 55 months ago.

view photos

~andre PRO says:

ColleenM:
This doesn't have anything to do with pings or routes. Flickr screws up the timing somewhere in the upload code.

Anyway, if somebody from Flickr reads this, the trigger seems to be dropping files one by one into Uploader. These are the URLs requested for two files (truncated for readability):

up.flickr.com/services/upload/
api.flickr.com/services/rest/?format=json..
up.flickr.com/services/upload/
w​ww.flickr.com/beacon_uploadr_timings.gne?..
farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8425242XYZ_4e788fdXYZ_m.jpg
w​ww.flickr.com/beacon_uploadr_timings.gne..
farm9.staticflickr.com/8494/8426335XYZ_b2cf596XYZ_m.jpg
w​ww.flickr.com/services/rest/

The last request is missing the "meta" argument in a failed upload, which in a successful upload looks like this:

meta {"photos":[{"data":{"title":"_MG_1612-1280x853","description":"","tags":...

view photos

etoile_decartier PRO says:

~andre:

Yes - same problem. Started some time after January 5, 2013 for me. Have had a paid account for years. NEVER had a problem with any of the uploaders until trying to upload on Jan 6th when it got stuck on VERIFY. Have had about a 50% success rate at uploading ever since.

Just tried a test with 3 pictures - always the same three.
1. tried to put all 3 into a set - stuck on VERIFYING when trying to upload
2. tried uploading without changing anything - no sets, no descriptions - they uploaded like a charm instantly.
3. Tried adding descriptions - stuck on VERIFYING when trying to upload
4. Tried uploading them again without changing anything as in #2 figuring the sets or descriptions were the problem -- but this time it got stuck on VERIFYING again.

SO FRUSTRATING!

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

I can confirm this, as I'm seeing this problem as well, also using FF 18.0.1. It doesn't happen all the time, but frequently enough to become irritating when it does. Help Forum regular ernstkers did some detective work here that may be worth looking at:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157632621175178/7215763...

view photos

Pacdog PRO says:

Adding "Bug" to your topic would not hurt. This does seem to be a major bug and I know Flickr is or was looking into it, but it is not resolved. I only use the desktop uploadr which seems to be still working good.

view photos

ernstkers PRO says:

It seems to be a combination of FF with the uploadr. Maybe even a specific version of FF and/or OS. As its intermittent, there is likely a third factor necessary. Maybe file size or number of files?

~andre:

it grabs all images and shows thumbnails.

This is interesting. To me the thumbnails are only all there on the moment the verifying stage goes to the publishing stage. That might be the moment this bug gets live.

~andre:
the trigger seems to be dropping files one by one into Uploader.

What do you mean, the problem occurs when you drag and drop all photos in once or when you do it one by one?

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

ernstkers:

I usually upload one photo at a time, and I see this behavior. I haven't tried multiple photos.

Pacdog:

Agreed.

~andre:

If you return to this thread, can you amend the title of the post to include [BUG] before it? Sometimes that gets the attention of staff.
kmacgray edited this topic 55 months ago.

view photos

sabrebiade says:

Same problem here.
As a matter of fact, mine is sitting there doing the Verifying thing as I type this.
Really getting to be a problem.

view photos

~andre PRO says:

ernstkers:

What do you mean, the problem occurs when you drag and drop all photos in once or when you do it one by one?
It seems to happen more often when I drag and drop images into Uploader one by one, as opposed to dropping off a bunch of then in one go, but this is just a guess.

I used to completely prep my photos in Uploader (i.e. descriptions, tags, sets, etc) so they come out ready, but it ends up a huge waste of time lately, so I just upload all images 2-3 times, until it succeeds, and then finish all descriptions, etc.

As for files, yesterday night I could reproduce this problem 3 out of 4 tries and I did it with 2 files, one 376KB and another 563KB. The small file went in first.

view photos

Wil C. Fry PRO says:

ernstkers

"It seems to be a combination of FF with the uploadr. Maybe even a specific version of FF and/or OS. As its intermittent, there is likely a third factor necessary. Maybe file size or number of files?"

Interesting... If it helps:

* I'm NOT seeing the behavior described above
* Browser: Firefox 17.0.1
* Connection: cable (Time Warner Cable)
* Region: south-central U.S. (Texas)
* Files: sometimes 1, but often as many as 10 at a time
* Size: as small as 70kb, as large as 12MB
* Type: .png and .jpg

view photos

PhotoJunket says:

I get this intermittently as well. Today was fine, yesterday took a couple of tries and Sunday's upload was a real pain.
I find no rhyme or reason in it, but it's always at the Verifying stage for me.

FF 18.0.1
Windows 7
UK

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hello All,

We are looking into this problem right now. We'll provide updates as soon as possible.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

Thanks, Emily!

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ eMiLy @_@

Thank you. Let me know if you need complete HTTP traces.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

eMiLy @_@:

Anything new on this? I'm attempting to upload a photo right now, and am stuck in the verifying stage.

view photos

patrickdodds1 says:

I've been having the same problem for weeks. It is driving me a bit batty. Single uploads, multiple uploads - doesn't matter. Just sticks on Verfiying until I get fed up and reload - sometimes works the second time, sometimes doesn't. Quite annoying. I'm using Firefox. Problem seemed to start at the same time as the cutesy "Your machine is learning our ways" message.... which was funny at first, not so much now. Sorry guys, but any chance you could fix this and then get on with the jokey script? :)

view photos

PhotoJunket says:

Single 173KB JPeg upload tonight again hung in the Verifying stage. Had to quit the page (no way to escape out of the Verifying stage) and retry. Second attempt also hung in the Verifying stage. Third attempt worked.

FF 18.0.1
Windows 7
UK

view photos

Spangles44 The cheerful photographer!!!!! PRO says:

From Germany, no problem with one upload. Constant crashing, and always, in the evenings. I guess its when those folks at firefox in california come to work. AND you get no help from anyone there. If I didnt need firefox for all my add ons I would be using chrome its way more stable.

view photos

Dorsetdunk says:

while the problem persists I suggest trying the old desk top uploadr www.flickr.com/tools/
which still works fine for me and never a hangup
on firefox FF 18.0.1Windows 7 UK
no problems with single or multiple uploads just drag images from your viewer onto the desktop uploadr icon

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

The upload slowness problem should be resolved. If you still experiencing slow upload with Firefox, can you disable all add-ons in Firefox then try upload again and let us know the result?

Thanks!

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ eMiLy @_@

This problem has nothing to do with "slowness". It's disappointing that, as it turns out, all this time you didn't even understand the problem that so many people reported. I just hit it again - the upload got stuck on "Verifying" and all my edits were gone. It's a huge waste of time. What's going on at Flickr? All capable developers left the building and all you have is just those who can only cook up a primitive nav bar?

view photos

CatJoySees PRO says:

:( I recently reset my Firefox because of a virus issue and now I can't directly upload from my photos to Flickr either. How can I fix it?

view photos

~andre PRO says:

Your issue is not related to what is being discussed here. You will be better off starting your own thread. If you do, mention the kind of virus you had,

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ Flickr

I just hit it seven times in a row. Can somebody for crying out loud look into this issue?

view photos

pongo 2007 PRO says:

I can confirm the hang when uploading and the "verifying" thing too. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be anoying.
Using Win 7 and FF 18.0.2

view photos

john.king says:

I have the same issue and encountered it again last night. With uploading a single image it failed twice with the dreaded "Verifying" hanging forever. On the third try, it published. I made no changes to anything each time.

This is a serious bug.

I am wondering if the problem is related to volume of traffic on the server??

view photos

anchorphotos PRO says:

I'm also having the same problems. About half of the time the upload pink line freezes about 80% in during the verifying process. I can leave it for ages and it just doesn't move. If I navigate away and try again it often uploads with no problem

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ Flickr

Are you going to just sweep this under the rug and pretend that it doesn't happen?

view photos

Sony_photographer_Jake PRO says:

I just tried uploading now using Firefox and it hangs on verifying.
Take it the bug isn't resolved.

view photos

~~Heavenxxx89 Art & Photography says:

Same here in london to

view photos

maisydaisy2010 says:

I,m experiencing problems with uploading too. I have to use the old uploader. When I try using the main one the front screen freezes and it won't go any further. I' ve also noticed other gremlins such as being unable to see any left or right arrows when looking at contacts stream; and today I cannot put my photo on the map, it just freezes. Frustration!

view photos

neilalderney123 says:

This is happening for me too.
50% of my uploads just hang at "verifying" , and I only upload one photo at a time and only one or two a day!.
It really sux because I have to close the page & then go through the rigmarole of putting the tags an everything in again .. it seems to always work the SECOND time I try.

this is a serious bug and needs addressing
(Latest firefox on Windoze 7, in th U.K here BTW)

view photos

neilalderney123 says:

I just got a "Flickr has the hiccups message trying to post this message too, which is happening a LOT now-a-days!

view photos

~~Heavenxxx89 Art & Photography says:

I cant even upload one picture let alone any more then that have to use the old uploader which is a pain this has been going on for quite a while btw gets stuck in the verifying stage kind of fed up with flickr seems to be nothing but problems lately

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ Flickr

It happened to me again today and other people are experiencing this problem as well. Are you playing offended now and ignoring this thread or somebody is just having a hard time tracking down the problem? In the latter case, at least update this thread to show people you are working on it. If it's the former, it's just sad.

view photos

patrickdodds1 says:

This has been happening to me for weeks. Flickr aren't interested, of course, but if anyone has an answer I'd be grateful. It seems to be getting more common.

view photos

patrickdodds1 says:

eMiLy @_@:

hi Emily - it isn't about it being slow, it is about it not working. The "verifying" indicator never goes away and you have to try again.

view photos

lynneayers PRO says:

So is anyone from Flickr ever going to see this or fix it? I use Firefox and am not able to upload anything - I use the uploader button, it invites me to indicate what I want to upload and then .... nothing. Nothing. I have a paid account and am not getting any service. I also cannot organize my photos - it doesn't load the photos in the stream at the bottom of the page. I'd really like some service here.

view photos

Marty Stone says:

I have been unable to upload any photos yesterday (2/16) and today. I have tried on multiple computers, using multiple browsers and still no uploads. I tried everything in the FAQ on this to no avail. Getting a lot of dropped connection error messages from flickr with a Retry/Reconnect button. Nothing works. :-(

view photos

~andre PRO says:

Folks, let's not dump all connectivity issues into this thread. This issue is specifically when your browser is stuck forever on the final upload box that says Verifying. If that's not your case, you will get more help specific to your issue in your own thread. Trust me.

view photos

Detroit Imagery PRO says:

Came here to find out if the problem I'm experiencing is on my end. Looks like it is a problem with Flickr.

I'm using FF 18.0.2
Windows Vista Basic

I started seeing this problem about a month or so back. Never thought twice until tonight. Using the UPLOAD feature at the top of the screen. Trying to upload six images to my photostream.

Hangs on the 'Verifying...' window.

view photos

mousethief says:

Stuck in Seattle here. Same problem.

view photos

Jan-Timmons says:

I have what seems to be the same problem uploading with Firefox and hanging on verifying (if I even get that far), although occasionally I succeed. Our firewall and my IT Doc spouse reports that if I strip the exif data when uploading to a PHP site, I'll succeed. (Our firewall apparently recommends 'Upload failure. Recommendation: Update vendor's patch' or the actual terminology for techies:
Request denied by WatchGuard Firewall.
Reason: IPS detected for "WEB PHP Exif Header Parsing Integer Overflow -2 (CVE-2011-45

Off to try that.
Jan-Timmons edited this topic 55 months ago.

view photos

Jan-Timmons says:

Jan-Timmons:

Yep, that worked. Stripped the exif or ICC from a photo, although I prefer to keep it in, and the photo that previously wouldn't upload, just did -- as a large png file. Worth the loss, at least for me for now.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Schill PRO says:

Jan-Timmons: Thanks for the technical information - it sounds like your firewall may be aggressively blocking uploads to Flickr when the photo(s) contain EXIF. You may want to consider making an exception, if you can, at your firewall for uploads to flickr.com.

To others in the thread: There are a lot of moving parts involved with network and connectivity issues, unfortunately. If you haven't tried rebooting, repairing your wireless connection and/or moving closer to the router, sometimes those things can help.

Additionally, firewalls and related internet security programs can sometimes block portions of web browsing activity, including connections to sites like Flickr. It may be worth reviewing your firewall security settings and logs, to see if the firewall is blocking requests to Flickr. You may also consider disabling your firewall or security software temporarily to test an upload, and see if it makes any difference.

Flickr is a large site and has thousands of uploads active at all times; we have not had any recent, widespread upload outages or issues, but do keep an eye out for isolated reports as well. Sometimes routing issues can affect users of a whole ISP, for example.

view photos

Jan-Timmons says:

Hi Scott, thanks for your reply! Why make an exception for Flickr when my trouble began only this past three or four weeks with no changes to the firewall?

My IT Doc tells me here are four threats considered 'High' to that firewall comment. (I know nothing of zeros and ones.)
Here is a link: www.watchguard.com/SecurityPortal/ThreatDetail.aspx?rule_...

That reads:

WEB PHP Exif Header Parsing Integer Overflow -1 (CVE-2011-4566)

Threat Level: High
Release Date: 2012/11/23

Category: Web Attacks
Signature ID: 1056678
Affected OS: Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Unix

Description: An integer overflow vulnerability has been reported in PHP. The vulnerability is due to a lack of validation on EXIF data read from a file.

Impact: Remote attackers can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary machine code in the context of a user running the application.
Recommendation: Update vendor's patch.

Now I'll leave Andre's thread, if my difficulties don't apply to others? I'll just do a workaround for now.

Best regards—

view photos

Jan-Timmons says:

Oh, one more thing. My spouse just sent this link:
xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/71612

He said there is an update to PHP that corrects this exploit. I've not tried a test upload yet this morning, however.

The text from the xforce link reads (for any who might not want to click on an unknown IBM link ;)

Description:
PHP is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an integer overflow in the in the exif_process_IFD_TAG function. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted offset_val value in an EXIF header in a JPEG file to read arbitrary memory or cause a denial of service.

Consequences:
Denial of Service

Remedy:
Upgrade to the latest version of PHP 5.3.9 or later, available from the PHP Web site. See References.

References:

PHP - Sec Bug #60150: Integer overflow during the parsing of invalid exif header.
The PHP Group Web site: PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
BID-50907: PHP 'exif_process_IFD_TAG()' Remote Integer Overflow Vulnerability
CVE-2011-4566: Integer overflow in the exif_process_IFD_TAG function in exif.c in the exif extension in PHP 5.4.0beta2 on 32-bit platforms allows remote attackers to read the contents of arbitrary memory locations or cause a denial of service via a crafted offset_val value in an EXIF header in a JPEG file, a different vulnerability than CVE-2011-0708.
DSA-2399: php5 -- several vulnerabilities
RHSA-2012-0019: Moderate: php53 and php security update
RHSA-2012-0033: Moderate: php security update
RHSA-2012-0071: Moderate: php security update
Platforms Affected:

PHP PHP 5.4.0 Beta2 32-Bit
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 Desktop
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 ES
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 WS
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS
RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 Client Workstation
RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation
RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Server
RedHat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6
RedHat Enterprise Linux HPC Node 6

We don't want Flickr compromised, eh?

Thanks!

view photos

brianwferry says:

I am also having this same problem - I get stuck on "Verifying" when I upload photos and have to re-start the entire process. It's been happening for a couple of months. It's extremely frustrating - please provide a solution, Flickr. This never happened before.

view photos

Orbmiser says:

There is a work-a-around that seems to work.

Stuck at verifying then I close page. Re-add the images and click upload and then it finishes. Seems to work everytime I have run into stuck at Verifying or Publishing.

Sounds to me more like badly coded java on flickr end. No re-checking state of uploads and is not robust enough to check itself. No error check state during upload process. And display like with images posted to groups. No way to interrupt or cancel or resend.

Wish flickr would stop pointing fingers at browsers,routers,Isp as most of us nothing that has changed. It has been an ongoing intermittent problem with flickr not the user.

view photos

Vox Sciurorum PRO says:

I've had a fraction of 1% of uploads vanish for years using the web form to upload. The post request completes and the photos never appear. Sometimes this is due to a larger outage. Sometimes there's nothing in the help forum and after a few minutes the problem goes away. I've worked on products where this would be an intolerable failure rate but since this is a cheap service I count it as a nuisance.

view photos

Meremail PRO says:

3 seeks ago a staffer said they would look into it? Then Jan-Timmons comes back with firewall suggestions.
Suerly it can't be too hard to replicate as it is a common occurance.
After suffering this problem for many weeks now, the only way I can recover is press F5 for refresh and start again, now I never add descriptions or tags etc before uploading as it will all be flushed into the bit bucket, so I upload and then when it is on my site, I tidy up.
A bit of a shame really, as it otherwise would be a good tool.

It takes a little while for Flickr to process an image and it appears to be doing this process after linking to the tool (before upload) as you will see a processing icon in the corner of the images, so I tried waiting for that to finish, but to no avail.

Sometimes I have to reload 3 or more times to get a single photo to upload. It is a bit annoying, and as someone above noted it is likely to be Java, the code behind all the cleverness.

Perhaps the best solution is to go back to a 3rd party tool.

view photos

katiegab715 says:

I had a problem uploading today. I had to try 5 times. Finally when I did not try to rotate the picture or add anything, it uploaded ok. If you do anything different it gets stuck on verifying. It is slow today.

view photos

BrandyVSOP PRO says:

So glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
It works some times, sometimes not. in the last few days, its worked, but I seem to now be anticipating it to fail...

view photos

Orbmiser says:

Yep like mention seems erratic & intermittent. If forced to but a number on it. Would say a fail 1 out of 4or5 uploads sessions for me.

view photos

Jan-Timmons says:

My workaround still uploads fairly quickly, but other methods do not upload at all (and it is NOT the fault of our firewall – tested without it) ;)

For what it's worth, I save a RAW file as a tiff, stripping out the exif or ICC data. Then save as a .png file. Not my preferred method, but my IT-security adviser says many sites have failed to apply the patch for this meta-jpg vulnerability. He doesn't think it's a Firefox problem, since it occurs with Safari, Chrome, and probably IE, although I don't use IE anymore.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

Not that I expect staff to return to this thread, but in case they do, what exactly is happening during the upload process when the verifying message is displayed? What's being verified?

view photos

~andre PRO says:

Schill:

it sounds like your firewall may be aggressively blocking uploads to Flickr when the photo(s) contain EXIF.
Please, it is called debugging and you should try it - works better than blaming the network and firewalls for what appears to be a synchronization problem in your client-side JavaScript. Put a coop student on a computer with FireFox installed, run an HTTP debugging proxy and have them go at it until it happens, then look at the traces.

How many complains do you need before you assign a developer to this bug? Heck, mention in this thread that a developer is working on this bug and I will capture those traces myself and will make them available to you.

view photos

~andre PRO says:

Jan-Timmons:

For what it's worth, I save a RAW file as a tiff, stripping out the exif or ICC data. Then save as a .png file.
Just to comment on your workaround. Even if this PHP bug is indeed causing this behavior, it still would be a problem with Flickr's infrastructure and they would still have to look into it instead of giving these meaningless explanations. The fact that you have to jump through the hoops to strip EXIF from your photos just so you could upload them is absolutely unacceptable on a photo sharing site.

Having said that, I will add that it's not likely to be this bug - it was found in the 32-bit PHP and it's been fixed in 2011. I can't imagine Flickr running 32-bit servers or PHP that old. It's not a mom & pop site after all.

view photos

grammadani says:

Was having a problem with Photo's hanging up on Verify. Some one here said to try the desktop up loader from Flicker/tools Did it and all seems to work!!!! Thanks

view photos

grammadani says:

Dorsetdunk:

Down Loaded the desktop up loader. It worked. Just wanted to say thanks.

view photos

Jan-Timmons says:

Andre, heh. I majored in literature and psychology—I know nothing about zeros and ones. I'll take your word. I only know that I incur a hacking risk if I upload jpgs with exif data now. There's a patch for the vulnerability, I've read.

view photos

~andre PRO says:

Jan-Timmons:

I only know that I incur a hacking risk if I upload jpgs with exif data now.
Not quite. It's the other way around - you can craft EXIF data in your JPEG to hack a site that is running unpatched version of PHP.

view photos

Jan-Timmons says:

~andre:
Ack. That sounds familiar, Andre. And a good reason not to pay Flickr yet. Have had my credit card numbers 'borrowed' from another website, and that experience makes me a tad leery.

view photos

kitschycoo PRO says:

I've been trying to upload three pictures for at least 30 mins, every single time it sticks at about 80% verifying. This has been happening more often than not recently, but this is the first time that I've tried more than a dozen times and gotten no where.
Posted 54 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

canuck4everr says:

Same crap here , upload slows to about 35 kb , shows 17% complete
, freezes on second picture , maybe one picture upload thats it !

im using flickr uploader.

this has been happening on and off for monthes now.

view photos

bronney PRO says:

Same problem, Win7 64-bit, Chrome latest. Please don't fix things that aren't broken gosh *angry*.

As a side bug, many wordpress blogs who signed for an API key to slideshow the streams are also broken, browser "sending requests" never comes back. Please rollback I am serious. Whatever you did last month, roll it back to January.

broken example:

themes.doitmax.de/wordpress/invictus/?page_id=1182

view photos

ausfi PRO says:

Six or more photos were uploaded without a hitch several hours ago with FF. Still, for some reason I cannot use the drag and drop.
I do not understand this verifying, I never see that word.

view photos

~andre PRO says:

ausfi:

I do not understand this verifying, I never see that word.

Then you are not experiencing the bug that is being discussed here. You will be better off if you create your own thread.

view photos

ausfi PRO says:

~andre Thanks.
That was just more like an aside, no need to discuss it further. I'm sorry if this bug still affects you.

view photos

lhboudreau PRO says:

Uploading on Flickr is a nightmare, plain and simple. Today, I uploaded two videos without a hitch, then the uploader froze on the third video. I gave up after three unsuccessful tries. Yesterday, I uploaded a group of photos. The uploader hung up on the third photo. I reloaded the remaining photos and this time the uploader hung up on the next to last photo. I reloaded the last photo and tried again. It went through fine. I then tried to upload a video and it froze when the upload was 99% complete. I tried again with the same result. Very frustrating!!! I don't think it's too much to expect a photosite to have a reliable uploader. This problem has been getting progressively worse for months. I don't experience this problem anywhere else. What's up??

view photos

bronney PRO says:

I think it's more than "upload" problem affecting this we're all experiencing. For 3 days I couldn't access m.flickr.com on my iPhone. Yesterday night it worked so I was about to update my blog to slideshow again. This morning it's back to broken. Can anyone check if they can load m.flickr.com on iPhones?

view photos

ozczecho PRO says:

Upload is broken. Tried in latest Firefox and also using Google Chrome. Hangs at "Verifying..."

view photos

jacki-dee PRO says:

The drag & drop sticks on verifying, though again the "old uploadr" worked. Missing the drag & drop.

view photos

ozczecho PRO says:

Still happening tonight. Stuck on Verify...retry a 100 times and finally success.

Firefox 19, Windows 7 64 bit.

view photos

Cynthia E. Wood says:

I've been experiencing upload issues (using Firefox) for a long time as well -- off & on for weeks.

I was attributing it to the fact that I always choose the "Old Uploader," which I prefer because it doesn't replace the assigned image file with the title or caption fields -- something I don't want it to do.

But perhaps the fact that I'm using the "Old Uploader" has nothing to do with it, since it would appear that a lot of people are having upload issues who are neither using Firefox nor the Old Uploader...

view photos

lhboudreau PRO says:

The upload problem isn't confined to Firefox. I don't use Firefox. I hit snags with Flckr's uploader in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 9. I've tried the new uploader, the old uploader and my desktop uploader. No difference. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. The upload often hangs up at the last step during the so-called "Processing." It just grinds away and the upload never ends. The only solution is to cancel, try again and keep my fingers crossed. Makes no sense. A solution doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.

view photos

ozczecho PRO says:

@lhboudreau - agree...we must be the only poor s*ckers experiencing this otherwise someone would look into it. But its starting to get old....try, retry, try, retry, try, retry... flickr? Anyone there? Or is everyone working from home, or stuck in commute....

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ Flickr

Happened to me again. Stop ignoring this issue and please post an update.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

This happened to me again last night using FF 19. The upload process got stuck in the verifying stage. The only thing I could do was refresh the page, cross my digits, and hope it worked the second time (which it did).

(echo... echo...)

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

I've always used FF and have yet to have a problem where the uploadr hangs. In fact, I just successfully uploaded last night. So it's not a universal FF issue (FF 18 and iMac; in NYC in case the region matters).

view photos

trashingdays PRO says:

I'm having the uploading problem too. It's always worked fine for me in the past, but now hangs at the verifying stage. Firefox 19.0.2 on Kubuntu 12.04. Have now reverted to downloading the Linux desktop uploader for Flickr which works fine (and very fast).

view photos

ausfi PRO says:

It feels almost frustrating to see all these problems people have and having no suggestions.. Like RubyMae, it has not happened to me, though I use Chrome. Refreshing seems to help sometimes. As there does not seem to be any fix, does that mean that the Flickr staff is clueless? I'm in Norway and my laptop is over a year old

view photos

Vincentli* says:

having same problem here. I tried both Mac/PC with FF/Chrome but always fail in recent two days; except once i used back the Old uploader for one single photo only, but it is so stupid and extremely inconvenience for bulk upload/edit before publish

really disappointing if nth can be solved

view photos

summerspot says:

Same problem here.

view photos

ceropegia PRO says:

My upload is hung also. I retried and same thing. I'm using Chrome.

view photos

RukatheBlackfish says:

Wow glad to see I wasn't the only one having this issue since early January and having the issue right now. Guess my new topic wasn't needed.

view photos

335. PRO says:

i'm having the same problem, and have been having it for a while. i can upload one at a time, but i'm not going to upload 1 at a time for the 50 photo's i'm trying to upload right now. i've uploaded way more than 50 at a time in the past with no trouble. this is pretty annoying, especially since i pay for this and it won't even work.

it doesn't work in firefox or safari for me. also just tried to publish just ten photos and it won't even work with that. ridiculous.
335. edited this topic 54 months ago.

view photos

Ryanwiz PRO says:

"Publishing..."

view photos

Flickr_Rick PRO says:

I've had exactly the same problem as ~andre for some time now and I do resort to the desktop upload but it sure would be nice if the other method was more dependable.

view photos

treegrow PRO says:

I'm having the same problem right now with Firefox 19.0.2 on Mac OS 10.7.5. I was able to upload some images yesterday, but today I have two uploads hanging forever in the Publishing... state. This is extremely frustrating considering how tedious it is to get all the image data into the web upload interface. I can't believe Flickr hasn't done anything to address this problem since it has been reported many weeks ago. There's gotta a be a better way to get my photos up on the web.
treegrow edited this topic 54 months ago.

view photos

Vincentli* says:

failed yesterday and tried again today; fails again and my time wasted again, SHXT

view photos

Jacob D says:

Firefox 19.0.2 on Windows 7 64bit. Haven't been able to get past ~75% "Publishing" for the past few days now. Uploading cellphone images, if that changes anything to the larger bug finding.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hello there,

Please check out this topic for updates:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157632968199484/

Thanks!

view photos

~andre PRO says:

Finally. What's funny is that the issue was acknowledged in a thread that was started yesterday. I suppose it does make it look like Flickr swiftly responded to the bug report and didn't ignore a bunch of people for a month and a half.

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ Flickr

This still keeps happening - tried to upload seven images yesterday night and got stuck twice on Verifying.

view photos

Tim Conway says:

Been having this problem on firefox and chrome. It is REALLY annoying when you have spent a long time entering tags, titles etc to have to start again. When you are paying for a service you expect better, and it doesn't look like flickr is fixing it? It's been going on for weeks.

view photos

PhotoJunket says:

This happened to me again tonight with a single JPeg upload.
Successful upload on the second attempt.
First time it's happened for a week or so.

Win7
FF 19.0.2
UK

view photos

menickstephensorg says:

This verifying issue has been happening to me for a few months. Sometimes it works if you don't add tags, groups, sets, etc. Other times nothing works at all. Sometimes it just publishes the image without going via verifying - straight to publishing and "Yee Haw"

That said, the issue has been so severe of late, I've moved to Chrome and not had the issue there as yet.

Windows Vista 32bit
Firefox 19.0.2 (but same issue in previous versions)
UK (Fibre Broadband, approx 15mbps upload, 75mbps download)

view photos

WSMTDL2499 says:

Here what its looks like. I did down fire fox today. DO NOT GO TO THE LINK OK. Here  is  the trouble  i had  and now fixed

view photos

~andre PRO says:

@ WSMTDL2499

This has nothing to do with the issue being discussed here. Can you please remove your post.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 151 replies in [BUG] Upload hangs in FireFox - Most ignored Flickr bug)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads