Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Investigating] Constant invalid file or timed out messages
Latest: 11 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 80 minutes ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Official Thread] Flickr has agreed to be acquired by SmugMug - Discussion Post
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Official Thread] Flickr Site Issue - 120 groups + PHOTOS RESTORED UP TO 2018-05-10
Latest: 18 hours ago
[staff response] This photo is no longer avaialable
Latest: 19 hours ago
[Official Thread] News feed not updating
Latest: 22 hours ago
[Q&A] What rights am I giving SmugMug to my photos?
[Q&A] what does it mean my photos and data are transferring to SmugMug?
[Q&A] Will Flickr continue to have free accounts?
[Q&A] Will I still be able to upload/view Moderate and Restricted content on Flickr?

Current Discussion

Unable to upload photos as timeout error appears.
Latest: 20 minutes ago
Files not uploading, Timing out, Regardless of size
Latest: 21 minutes ago
Can’t post to public groups
Latest: 29 minutes ago
Not getting email notifications
Latest: 34 minutes ago
adding tags
Latest: 44 minutes ago
Latest: 3 hours ago
How you open 2nd free Flickr account
Latest: 4 hours ago
Delete
[acknowledged] Staff: when will downloads be working again?
File Names Disappearing when Pics Upload
Latest: 5 hours ago
All my images were deleted!
Latest: 7 hours ago
download photos from Flickr
Latest: 8 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Uploading

caseyt07 says:

How do I upload a file of pictures instead of one by one?
Posted at 2:05PM, 25 December 2012 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Hairlover PRO says:

Most uploaders will allow you to select (or drag-and-drop) more than one photo at a time. Unless something has changed recently, you should be able to upload up to 200 photos at once, within the limits of your file size restrictions and monthly upload allowance (if applicable §), of course.

This is one way of doing it in Windows:
Using the new Uploadr above, when you click the big blue "Choose photos and videos to upload" link, a folder will be opened on your computer. Navigate as necessary to the folder containing the photos, use CTRL-click to highlight the desired photos. Use CTRL-A if you want to select everything in the folder.

Then click the "Open" button, and everything you've selected should be uploaded. Once that process has finished, you will need to click the blue "Upload N photos" button at the upper right to send them to your account.

§ If you accept Flickr's Holiday gift of 3 months Pro, you will
      have no limits on upload bandwidth, as well as an increase
      in permissible file size from 30MB to 50MB.

Posted 66 months ago. ( permalink )
Hairlover edited this topic 66 months ago.

view photos

Dave's Domain PRO says:

Is anyone else having upload batch failures?

both Uploadr for MAC and the flickr upload utility on the web page have been failing today (12-25-2012) after a few to several uploads in a batch.

I tried two different ISP's.

It seems to lock up during the "verification" process.

view photos

*Creative*-*Seasonal*-*I`m Back* PRO says:

It has been at least a week. And every time I try to upload any of my photos .THEY are NOT UPLOADING at ALL..WHATS going on??????
SO SLOW - stuck on 1. Have stopped today down loading until .Maybe this problem will be fixed . I have a pro account until 2014. DO you do refunds??? COME on FLICKR - * Fair GO *.Would like a definate reply soon.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Creative Photography by Helen Thorn:

Would you please post the list from the FAQ? Perhaps we can help you when we see what worked and what didn't.

Flickr FAQ: Help! I am having trouble uploading!

Go through each of the steps, and as you complete each one, post the results here in this thread.

view photos

ColleenM- Ok. you have manage to upload only 12 photos at this stage. You are stuck on the 13 photo- there are 41 photos in total.at 28% only at this stage of uploading.Keep going if you dont mind.

view photos

Chera25 PRO says:

I too am having uploading difficulty the last couple of days. 2 different computers... it gets stuck in the middle of batch uploading, even if only a handful. Sometimes it works, sometimes it gets stuck, never getting stuck in the same 'place'. I've used the new uploadr & old uploadr, same thing. *sigh*

view photos

ColleenM says:

What happened when you turned off the routers and the modems?

view photos

Baino's says:

same here. 27th December and upload is painfully slow. I have 400 photos approx 2-3mb each and it's taking 25 minutes to load four at a time. This isn't the first time and I'm rethinking the value of my Flickr Pro account. If anyone has a way to improve upload speed, I'd be grateful.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Last week, a handful of people where having problems that Flickr couldn't fix because they were caused by a single ISP in Australia.

If each of you could start posting the results of the steps in the FAQ, you may find that your problem gets resolved. I've had absolutely no problems uploading, so it's not a system-wide Flickr problem. It may turn out that it's not even Flickr, but there's no way of knowing until each of you runs some of the tests.

view photos

Baino's says:

Colleen can you post a FAQ link. Not sure what you're talking about in terms of "posting the results of the steps in the FAQ"?

view photos

What happened when you turned off the routers and the modems??

I dont plan to do that at all.

The problem must be now from your end.As you have up loaded 12 of my 41 photos.
Now I will try again to get some of the same photos up- to form a good group of photos to view.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Baino's:

can you post a FAQ link

Click on the link in my previous post that has the FAQ title in bold blue.

Then it is not likely that Flickr will be able to fix the problem you're experiencing. You really need to provide data so that staff can troubleshoot the issue. The first step is to reboot any router, computer, and modem that you are using. It may be a problem that clearing the cache will fix.

When Flickr has a problem, you see a hundred posts in the first 5 minutes of the breakdown. Since it's only a few people right now, the problem is not likely to be Flickr.
ColleenM edited this topic 66 months ago.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

Then I'll assume you really don't want help with getting your problem resolved.

The problem must be now from your end.As you have up loaded 12 of my 41 photos.

Colleen is not staff. She as nothing to do with the uploading process or how Flickr works.

view photos

The Old Bear PRO says:

The problem is with flickr not our end. Using both latest IE and Firefox, uploading using old version of uploader which I prefer, halts after 2 or 3 or does not upload at all. Get your finger out flickr and sort it please.

Overload problems at Christmas with no-one on duty to sort your servers?

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

The Old Bear:

Have you gone through all the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ topic that Colleen links to above?

view photos

Fly Sandman PRO says:

The issue doesn't always involve multiple uploads, I have been experiencing the same thing uploading one photo at a time. If the Progress window shows "Verifying" at the top the upload fails. I have followed all of the steps in the faq linked above except using the old uploader with no apparent effect. I have had the same issue occur using two different computers on different ISPs. Sometimes it works the first time, sometimes it takes two or three attempts to finish a single upload and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Fly Sandman:

What country are you in and who is your ISP?

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

I just uploaded a very large batch of photos without issue. In fact, in my 6 years on flickr, I've never had a single issue uploading.

Problem is NOT on flickr's end.

view photos

jschumacher PRO says:

I've had the exact same problem as Fly Sandman describes - the progress window stalls about 3/4 of the way through during the "Verifying" stage. In fact, it just happened on the batch of three photos I just uploaded. The problem is intermittent, and started a couple of months ago. I'm using the latest version of Firefox on OS X 10.8.2.

When the problem occurs I now just hit the back button, click "okay to leave the page" and re-upload the photos. This works the vast majority of time. That implies that the problem is not with the network, so resetting the modem or router won't help, nor would the problem be with any anti-virus or firewalls I may have installed.

On a handful of occasions I've had to repeat this sequence maybe 2-3 times before the upload "takes". The problem occurred once when uploading was the first thing I did after starting FF immediately after the computer booted up. My next step is to try with Chrome to see if the problem occurs there.

view photos

Fly Sandman PRO says:

ColleenM:

I'm in the USA and my ISP is ATT. The second ISP I have had the same issue from is Stouffer Communications, a local provider of wireless service where I work.

To clarify a little bit, under normal circumstances when I upload the first thing the progress window says is "publishing" and I do not see "verifying" at all. The upload fails every time it shows "verifying". The reason I haven't tried the old uploader is that there is simply no way to predict whether or not the problem will occur.

view photos

Fly Sandman PRO says:

After five days it happened again tonight. It failed the first time, the second time no trouble.

view photos

BKHagar *Kim* PRO says:

I am having uploading issues as of this afternoon, too. My ISP is Bellsouth/ATT- which seems quite a coincidence . . . I have rebooted the computer, the router and modem, have run straight through the modem without using the router, have deleted all .tmp files, emptied the trash, deleted history, cookies, and have tried both IE and Chrome. I have also tried the new and old uploadr- no go. I am getting the timed out error as well.

I have tried file sizes from 145kb to 8mb- nothing will upload.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads