Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

Change to Limit of "Groups a Photo Can Be Submitted To"
Latest: 3 minutes ago
Group Settings Update to Ignore Photo Posting Limits
Latest: 5 hours ago
[Official thread] New commercial use section of Flickr Community Guidelines
Latest: 34 hours ago
[Fixing - staff response] Very slow and many pandas today
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Login issues? Try this.
[fixing - staff response] "this photo is no longer available"

Current Discussion

Wet tee shirt on female ?
Latest: 11 minutes ago
FF 57 and stay log in
Latest: 17 minutes ago
Unwanted tags
Latest: 36 minutes ago
Unable to change title or descriptions
Latest: 37 minutes ago
Safety Filters: CANNOT CHANGE
Latest: 2 hours ago
Links a Free member can post?
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 4 hours ago
[BUG] For Pro users, you will be able to submit a photo to up to 60 groups.
[BUG] Large thread not showing comment box on last page anymore
Stats for the day don't match totals???
Latest: 8 hours ago
( Question ) If I delete Flickr App on my Ipad , will it delete my photos on Flickr ?? Please help
Latest: 11 hours ago
Time on Stats page
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

A Picture used for publicity without the consent of the people featured in the photo

Mauricio Ch. says:

The thing is this. There is this Ex-students reunion of my school and the people in charge of publicity decided this year to advertise the reunion/party with photogs of last year same event. A friend of mine appear in one of the pictures featured in the publicity, he appear drunk (not puked, or naked, just sleeping). The thing is he does´t want to be in the publicity.

The strange thing is that there is other people who also appear in the photo but their faces are blurred (they are not drunk). My friend was wondering is there something bad on this situation. Can he asks for the photo to be shut down? or he is just a victim of the candid and he must be the "model" on the publicity.

Pd.- It´s a Facebook Photo, so I don´t know if you can check it.
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151274090796998&set...
Posted at 4:50PM, 13 November 2012 PST ( permalink )

view photos

The Searcher PRO says:

If it didn't happen on Flickr there isn't anything Flickr or Flickr members could do to help. And unfortunately if it's on a Facebook page, and not actually used for commercial advertising, legally there may be nothing your friend can do.

However if they blurred out the other photos they may have done so by simple request. So your friend should just send them a message and ask them to obscure his face as well.
Posted 61 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

iansand PRO says:

Your friend should be grateful for your concern, in particular for the wider dissemination you have given the shot. Very thoughtful of you.

There is little you can do, apart from asking the organisers of the event to take the photo down.

view photos

RubyMae PRO says:

This forum is for help using flickr. If you need help with something on facebook, it's best to ask there.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads