Me, too! Below is the staff reply I got for asking them for help. I had already done a bunch of it, but I tried everything else they suggested. I am ready to give up on Flickr, 'cause this is going to drive me crazy!
I understand that you are being prompted to take the tour, though you
already did so. I apologize for the inconvenience this has been causing
you. Please allow me to look into this matter for you.
I have replicated your concern and was not able to replicate this. Since
we can't replicate this, it is hard to troubleshoot from our end, but
here are the most common things that you can check to resolve this:
- Clearing cache: This is the easiest thing to try and can often solve
the issue. For information on how to clear your cache please see:
- Often, the trouble is that your browser is not loading the page
properly. If you have made any changes to how your browser is configured
(ex., adding extensions, toolbars, etc.), this may be part of the
problem. You may need to try removing anything that you have recently
added. If this doesn't work, you may want to try using a different
browser or uninstalling your current browser and reinstalling the latest
- Try using a different browser. Some common browsers are Internet
Explorer, Firefox, and Opera. If you have only tried logging in with
one, you may want to try one of the alternatives.
- If you are accessing Flickr from work, you may need to talk to your
blocked by the network. If you are accessing Flickr from home and using
a wireless network, you may also want to try hooking up directly to your
- If you are using Firewall and/or virus software, try turning this off
temporarily to see if this allows the cookie to be set. If it works with
that off, you may need to troubleshoot that software to add Yahoo! and
Flickr as trusted sites.
I hope these helped.
Thank you again for contacting us. If you have any other questions,
please feel free to reply to this email.
Flickr Customer Care
To get the most out of Flickr, please upgrade your browser to the latest
Original Message Follows:
In your message please include
- A description of the problem that you're experiencing:
Gaaah. I took the tour to see if I could get away from it. I
disabled adblock. I accept cookies! Help me, help me! I
don't want to see that Ready to take the tour startup
anymore! I give up! So frustrated.
- A copy of any errors you're seeing: not an error, a pain!
- The URL of a page where you're having a problem:
flickr.com (I want to get the welcome to flickr page)
Posted 68 months ago.
Please describe what is happening before you are taken to the Tour.
- does this happen when you are signed into your Flickr account (versus signed out)?
- What links are you clicking that take you to the tour unexpectedly? On which page?
- What browser are you using (sounds like Firefox)?
There is very little we can do to understand the problem based on the information provided so far.
Posted 68 months ago.