Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Using a Yahoo username and password to sign in to Flickr
Latest: 58 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Update on the new photo experience
Latest: 69 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Detailed explanation of new features in Flickr 3.0 apps
Latest: 70 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Take a survey to help us improve Flickr groups
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Official Thread] Using Flickr over a secure (SSL) connection
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Providing feedback on Flickr 3.0 for iOS and Android
Latest: 6 days ago

Current Discussion

What`s wrong with Explore
Latest: 27 seconds ago
What happened to Sets ?
Latest: 20 minutes ago
Yahoo-Flickr App for Ipad
Latest: 28 minutes ago
New items not showing
Latest: 31 minutes ago
Created a Yahoo account and can't find my old account
Latest: 33 minutes ago
Uploader not working
Latest: 35 minutes ago
Uploading Issues Again.
Latest: 36 minutes ago
Avast problem....again
Latest: 37 minutes ago
Disable Antivirus
Latest: 37 minutes ago
Constant "time out" when uploading any photo
Latest: 38 minutes ago
(Resolved) - film strips in side bar disappeared
Latest: 41 minutes ago
[Fixed] Strange Referrers
Latest: 54 minutes ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Topic] New Aviary Photo Edit tool -- Feedback and Bugs

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Howdy,

We are going to gradually roll out the shiny new edit tool to our members starting today. If you have any feedback or encounter bugs with Aviary, this help forum topic is for you!

And remember, if you don't see the new edit tool just yet, give it a couple days!

Staff Update April 18:: "We have now added straighten and resize tools in response to your feedback. Straighten is live for everyone. To use straighten just click 'Orientation' and then drag the toggle at the top of the page. Resize is currently only available in English but will be added to the other languages very soon."

Staff Update: April 17:"Having an HTML5 editing solution was one of the things that was important to us. HTML5 has better compatibility with a variety of today's devices and it will have a better compatibility in the future as the web moves away from Flash. If we have to move on to a different editor now (as we did since Picnik was closing) it's better to invest in the best long term solution and Aviary is the best choice for all of these reasons. "

Staff Update: April 4 12:54pm PST: "We're looking at your suggestions and already working with Aviary on additional features.

The new editor isn't trying to be a Photoshop, Picnik, or a tool that has everything and the kitchen sink. After looking at use of Picnik, there were lots of tools but speed was a limiting factor for a lot of people. (And i say that as someone who loved Picnik.) With the new editor we want to provide a very fast on site editing experience that focuses on the tools people need to quickly edit their photos. The new editor has less tools but is much faster and we believe more people will get use out of it as a result.

In addition to the onsite editor, one of the benefits of Flickr are all the other sites that let you edit, print, and more with your photos because of our open API. The ecosystem of options and tools is part of the reason that we think the Aviary editor is a good fit on the page. The more research that comes out the more we see how important loading speed is. With the Aviary editor here we can give people a fast editing experience on site (that will continue to improve) and you still have other options available when you need them.
"
Posted at 9:16AM, 5 April 2012 PDT ( permalink )
pkingDesign (staff) edited this topic 25 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
(1 to 100 of 1,571 replies in [Official Topic] New Aviary Photo Edit tool -- Feedback and Bugs)
view photos

Jerzy Durczak says:

my photos refuse to open in Aviary... is this also your experience?
Posted 25 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

AVIARY www.aviary.com/

With Picnik's Demise, Aviary Brings Its Slick, HTML5 Photo Editor To Flickr’s 75 Million Users..by Leena Rao posted on Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 flic.kr/p/6cbJ4x

Some photos on this link showing how Aviary Photo Edit tool might look and work.. by Leena Rao.
techcrunch.com/2012/04/04/with-picniks-demise-aviary-brin...(TechCrunch)
Scarlet Pimpernel edited this topic 25 months ago.

view photos

Jerzy Durczak says:

i click on edit and nothing happens... should I start missing Picnick?

view photos

Lú_ says:

Maybe that's what's happening for those of us for whom Aviary has not been rolled out yet?

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

jurek d. - Not got it here yet, but have you tried clearing your browser history and stuff ?

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hello jurek d.,

Sorry for the confusion! We will look into the problem.

view photos

Jerzy Durczak says:

@Scarlet Pimpernel: yes, cleaned everything there was to clean... nothing... but Flickr staff is looking (I hope) into the problem

view photos

kmacgray says:

Hm. Neither the Actions nor Share menus work for me at all, not sure if this is related to the change in the Actions menu to reflect the the addition of Aviary, or something unrelated. I've cleared the cache, and tried it in Firefox, Safari and Chrome, and none of them work.

view photos

Dave's Transport Photos says:

Me neither - usability has taken a dive.

view photos

.david... says:

Was just about to say the same as kmacgray

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hello Ken,

We are aware of the Action and Share menu issue and it is not related to Aviary.

We are fixing it right now.

Thanks!

view photos

delsignorem says:

I click on my Action button & nothing happens ? I have tried several photos , min. apart all with no luck ? This is new to me ! Am I the only one ? Thank you !

view photos

*amy_madans says:

Flickr had promised that Picnic would be available until the 19th of April? Is this no longer the case?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Thanks, I just spotted the topic for that issue:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629382802812/

view photos

Kilmachalmag says:

I click on edit with Aviary and nothing happens >>>> I am missing Picnick? already

view photos

a wild and precious life ~ erin says:

it's not working here either, just tried to edit a small batch of photos...sigh.
i'm really wishing there could be the choice to use picnik until the day it closes, like you have been warning us about. at least the option of choice between aviary and picnik, and without hassle is the least you could offer, don't you think?

~erin

view photos

Flickr Staff

standardpixel says:

I have identified the problem and am working on a fix. We apologize for the wait. Thanks for the reports

view photos

Mike (waiting thoughtfully) says:

I assume we can still use Picnik until 19 April; we just have to open our pictures in the Picnik site.

view photos

Flickr Staff

standardpixel says:

I just squashed the bug which you guys were reporting. Please clear your cache and try again. Sorry again, now go have some fun with Aviary

view photos

plainpolaroids says:

I try to edit a photo through Aviary but it tells me "There's a glitch preventing us from authorizing Aviary on your account. Please try again in a little while."
I guess there's nothing I can do then?

view photos

Jerzy Durczak says:

Cache cleared. There's some progress. I'm getting a message:

There was a problem connecting to Aviary. We should try this again a little later.

Before there had been no response.

Hope things will be improving...
Jerzy Durczak edited this topic 25 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

standardpixel says:

and Looks like we may be having some opening night jitters. May I ask what browser you are using?

view photos

ceila♪♫♪ says:

I think you were to busy for this announcement. I never used Picnic. But I can understand people who work with this.

Please, members, wait for 19 April and there will be a change to Aviary.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Please, members, wait for 19 April and there will be a change to Aviary.

Do you have some inside info on Aviary, or are you quoting someone else? It's not clear.

view photos

ceila♪♫♪ says:

I red that Picnic will stop working until 19 April and that Aviary will do the same after.

I have not change under the actions on my photos, it's still Picnic. And I'm only interested for the change for Flickr apps.

view photos

Retired Army Gal says:

I just tried to edit a photo. Picnic is gone and Aviary is now listed. But I get the message: "you will need to give Aviary access to your Flickr account, including private content, and give them permission to save your edited photos back to Flickr." I went into my settings for permissions and can not find how to add aviary. Any guidlines?

view photos

Flickr Staff

standardpixel says:

Not everybody will get the change at once. Here is a quote from our blog post:

"We will roll the new editor out to people over the next two weeks starting this Thursday. If you don’t see it in your ‘Actions’ menu yet, check back in a couple days."

blog.flickr.net/en/2012/04/04/announcing-a-new-and-faster...

All that you need to do is click the "Continue to Aviary" button on the bottom of that message. You should see Aviary open shortly after that.

view photos

briesworldphotography says:

I went to try the new editing program and I cleared browser as well as the cache as I have read in the above messages . However , even after doing so I am continuing to get the message

"There is a glitch preventing us from authorizing Aviary on your account. Please try again in a little while."

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do now.. I am also using Crome

I am still able to use Picnik however I have to go to their website then save to my desktop as in my actions it no longer is offering Picnik as a editing choice

I clicked on the continue button but it continues not to allow me access

view photos

jane_sanders says:

Emily's post says that Flickr "are going to gradually roll out the shiny new edit tool to our members starting today" so some people will be access Aviary from now.

view photos

ceila♪♫♪ says:

I understand all of this. And sorry, I expressed myself in broken English. But, I will fellow this thread, it's interesting.
Thanks for responses.

view photos

Kilmachalmag says:

Now getting so far before getting this msg >>>> There is a glitch preventing us from authorizing Aviary on your account. Please try again in a little while.

So will keep trying.

view photos

Leo 1952 says:

I now have Aviary on my actions list but when I click on It It says there Is a glitch please try later .Been doing that for the last 2 hours ,( nice start )

view photos

Flickr Staff

standardpixel says:

and We have reproduced the "There is a glitch" glitch on our end, which is the first step to getting it fixed. We will keep you posted.

view photos

jakerome says:

At least you're getting a nice set of bug reports.

view photos

Flickr Staff

standardpixel says:

Okay, that "glitch" should be fixed. Please, if you were experiencing the problem, try opining the editor again after clearing your cache.

view photos

katiegab715 says:

I still don't have that option yet to edit with Aviary. I hope we get to use picnic for a few more days!

view photos

ausfi says:

I just noticed you have Aviary when I wanted to go to Picnik to experiment with some textures. I thought we would have Picnik to 19 April?

view photos

andyscamera says:

What they said was that Picnik was closing on the 19th and that they'd have something to replace it before it closed.

You can still use Picnik from its website until the 19th.

view photos

Leo 1952 says:

Bottom line Aviary Is rubbish,not a patch on Picnik !

view photos

Bebopgirl1969 says:

I can get in to Aviary OK.

Can I just say I miss the Rotate function from Flickr (EDIT: just reread this--I meant Picnik, of course!) as it had a Straighten feature which was useful? I know we can rotate at Flickr, btw. It's the Straighten bit I will miss from Picnik (unless I am missing something at Aviary...).
Bebopgirl1969 edited this topic 25 months ago.

view photos

A@nalog-summer says:

o.k. so fine rotating with the 'cross screen' is not in it that was the only thing I ever used in picknick so no option for my bird in this aviary ?

view photos

*amy_madans says:

I am still not finding anyone that addresses the issue of losing Picnic when it was supposed to remain available until April 19th. I am already finding Aviary extremely dissatisfying. The editing tools are gimmicky and the options are much too basic. Very unfortunate. Is there a way to reactivate Picnic until the April 19th deadline which had been promised?

view photos

Mike (waiting thoughtfully) says:

Just go to the Picnik site and open the pictures there.

view photos

kmacgray says:

I am still not finding anyone that addresses the issue of losing Picnic when it was supposed to remain available until April 19th.

See andyscamera's reply four replies above yours.

view photos

JimmyPierce says:

I'm really disappointed with this. No straighten - no resize! Not a patch on Picnik but thats not the point is it? Its not up to Flickr standards - that's the problem. Come on folks - surely you can do better than this!

view photos

Sillyshopping says:

I miss the fine rotating (straightening)also, I always used this on my pics. I also miss the different letter types...

view photos

cleofysh says:

Problems, problems, problems. Nothing at my end works. I miss Picnik. I have a ton of photos to work on, a bit of time right now and what? Nothing works.

view photos

Darren M S says:

its very very basic, nothing like as good as picnic, a massive step backwards

view photos

DavinS06 says:

basic for my needs. What about an undo button? I used that all the time in picnic. No undo or did I not see it.

I do kind of hope that this will continue to be expanded and worked on. I mean, after feedback and everything. Someone else mentioned no ability to resize. Thats important to me also.

view photos

briesworldphotography says:

After trying this out I must agree with others and it is not at all to flickr standards.. My question then becomes why can we not get Picmonkey editor that is advertised on picniks website.. I have tried it out and it seems to be almost the exact thing as Picnik

www.picmonkey.com/

view photos

Sillyshopping says:

No Undo button, I also miss this.

view photos

TheeErin says:

Aviary doesn't even come close to the capabilities of Picnik.
What a total letdown.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

Aviary doesn't even come close to the capabilities of Picnik.

What is even sadder, is that it doesn't come close to any photo editing program I've ever used, whether online or offline, whether modern or 10 years ago.

view photos

elycefeliz says:

I agree with the above comment - more than disappointing - the orientation doesn't have a rotation - just flipping photos - and when I looked through the other "features", which are so minimal it only took 60 seconds, I was very disappointed -

I've been using flickr for years, and those of us who are paying just got defrauded of an important feature -

I could go on, but reading the other comments, I see that other members already have - flickr should take the time to read these comments -

view photos

oOo Bev oOo says:

we need and UNDO button ... picnic until 19th April ... in good faith
I clicked on aviery ... to take a look ... now I am stuck with it it seems
and I do not like it ... it will not allow me to do what I did on picnic...
and now I am stuck ... I need to make awards for my groups ... what now ?

view photos

Nurmanman says:

Aviary is nothing more than a cheap phone app. It's very basic and unprofessional. Very disappointed with it.

view photos

TheeErin says:

Yep ,

Unfortunately Flickr is at the mercy of Google on this decision. Google bought Picnik in 2010 & intentionally rolled a lot of picnik's capabilities over into the Google+ "creative kit" which is only available to Google+ users. If you can believe it, this is Google's actual assbackward strategy to increase users.

view photos

Bebopgirl1969 says:

Yeah. I've got to agree with all the above comments. I tried using Aviary for a couple more photos and I'm going to miss a LOT more than just the Straighten feature from Picnik... Not impressed at all.

view photos

Trish Hamme says:

Wil C. Fry Well said , Wil !
I looked at & tried Aviary over 2 years ago , and discarded it asap !
With all the great choices available , I'm stunned Flickr went with this one !!!!!!
PicMonkey is SO good , and getting better & better , almost a clone of Picnik,
can not believe it wasn't chosen :(
O well , just a few xtra steps to use PicMonkey , and just ignore the other !

view photos

[patriciannelizabeth] says:

I don't like it.

Very basic, and more for people that don't know anything about editing photos. At all.

For one thing, Picnik completely disappeared from my menu.
It is NOT 19 April. Going to their website is not exactly the same thing.

view photos

Nurmanman says:

I agree PicMonkey is far superior to Aviary.

view photos

The Ewan says:

For people looking for alternatives, there's PicMonkey and iPiccy, both of which are online editors, and both seem to be angling to pick up ex-Piknikers, or you could trade up to a proper offline editor with The GIMP, which would certainly take a bit of getting used to, but is massively capable, available on all three major desktop OSes, and free.

I wouldn't bother complaining to Flickr about how crap Aviary is though - they know that already; you're still getting stuck with it.

view photos

Rhisiart H says:

I can't straighten my photos - this is shit or seems to be!!! I spend too much time on Flickr so this may be the answer - I'll give it a miss for a few weeks and then decide whether to leave altogether.

view photos

NYCLQ says:

I don't like either - as some have posted. Picnik was VERY user friendly - Avairy - not so much.

And more importantly, especially because of Pinterest, TEXT and FONTS are extremely important for photos to be blogged.... I'm not finding the fonts I regularly use to give my images (my brand) their recognition. I also don't see the ability to seeimage Before & After edits, to know whether to replace or save as new....

Is there another photo editing option like PicMonkey or iPiccy (which was actually closest to Picnik).

I thought Picnik was closing on April 19? Why did you change it earlier?? Why not offer both until then?

Lynda

view photos

JimmyPierce says:

Hey guys. I just notciced that according to aviary they do have a resize facility - it just has not been enabled on flickr. Is this true?

I note also that straighten is "planned" - when?

maybe time to give flickr a rest!

view photos

...Occhio di gattO... says:

What a huge let down... Aviary doesn't do 1/10 of what Picnik did...

Terrible.. now i am uploading to pickic's website.. editing there dowloading it back to my PC and uploading again to flickr...

until the 19th...

view photos

The Ewan says:

NYCLQ wrote

Is there another photo editing option like PicMonkey or iPiccy
Well, there's PicMonkey and iPiccy, for starters. You can still use them, even without a handy link direct from your Flickr photo page.

Flickr still has its API interface, so there's nothing to stop these external editors integrating themselves with Flickr, and at least the iPiccy folks have said that they're planning to do just that.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

"Picnik completely disappeared from my menu.
It is NOT 19 April.
"

We said we would have a replacement to you by April 19th not on April 19th. Getting the new option going before April 19th is important just in case there are any unforeseen problems so there is still an onsite editing solution.

view photos

philstephenrichards says:

Disappointed with Aviary compared to Picnik. Can we please have the straighten tool and some basic colour correction features.

view photos

Midnight and me says:

How can I change a photo to warmer or cooler tones?

How can I make a photo Sepia or B&W?

How can I straighten a horizon?

How do you use that feature with all the different colors?.....Nothing happens when I try!

view photos

oOo Bev oOo says:

staff!

yes it is important of course to ensure problems are sorted out ...
but .. in all fairrness ... I think it fair to say .. we all naturally rightly or
wrongly ... expected picnic to be available up to the 19th ... and why
not ... ? to just replace well before the 19th ... without the option
to swap straight away or wait ... I do not think is fair especially when
you run groups and may be wanting to do some awards quickly
before picnic goes ... for me as a founder/admin of many groups...
is not good news ... I have looked at aviery ... and sorry .. It is not
a case of "getting used to it" it just does not offer what we are used to
on picnic ... sorry ... but I have to say this !

view photos

poppiness says:

Very disappointed with Aviary. I'm not thrilled with being forced to it ahead of time but I went ahead to try and quick edit a couple of photos. It's sub-par capabilities and a major step backwards. I guess I'll stick with an ancient copy of Paint Shop Pro which still works better than Aviary.

Oh, and it edited a couple of photos okay. Now it continually freezes when trying to save an edited photo.

I'm so disappointed in Flickr.

view photos

That Nikon Girl says:

it would be nice if i could actually TRY it. every time i try to launch it, it fails. not happy.

view photos

blazer8696 says:

I miss the options to straighten, resize and undo. I miss being able to see the size of the image in pixels.

These are the functions I used with almost every image.

Although I have a more powerful editor on my computer I can use before uploading to Flickr I feel even a simple editor should have these features.

view photos

oOo Bev oOo says:

Sadly like most changes ... voicing our opinions does little to change
anything and I never thought I would say that here ... but I am afraid, I have to !

view photos

Danny McL http://www.ipernity.com/doc/dannymcl says:

No straighten is a big and surprising omission - a very poor substitute for the wonderful Piknick - we shall miss you!

view photos

TheeErin says:

Hi Zack,
Flickr gave no warning whatsoever that April 5th would be the last day to edit photos in picnik from the photostream. With all due respect, If getting the new option going before April 19th was so important and April 5th was to be the last day for picnik, Flickr should have said exactly that.

view photos

PJD-DigiPic says:

Aviary lacks some important tools such a cloning, straighten. Without these advanced tools it's usefulness will be limited.

Aviary is not (at least not yet) the "shiny new edit tool" that flickr claims it is, rather it is dull and lifeless. I agree with poppiness, Aviary "is a major step backwards."

And why hasn't the question posed below and by others been answered?

Question:
Why has flickr shut out picnik a whole two weeks before picnik closes?
PJD-DigiPic edited this topic 25 months ago.

view photos

drownedvalley says:

Seriously? Picnik and Aviary do not even appear to appeal to the same consumer.

view photos

cocoesperanza says:

Can i have Picnik back until the 19th when I was told it would be not available...I am not happy with the simplistic aviary... and will have to find something else ...
Can my options revert to picnik for now until 19th ?????
such a pain now that I have photos uploaded and will have to download in order to use picnik at google and then upload them again.... typical issues as usual...with flickr...
I want picnik back until the l9th despite the quick notice yesterday that some people may notice Aviary over the next few days...
Preferably not me and I find it rude, unprofessional and object..to being let down..
Flickr .... Grrrrrr
How on earth can flickr think that people happy with all the choices within picnik could possibly be happy with this tiny selection in Aviary...
cocoesperanza edited this topic 25 months ago.

view photos

Esther Cavalieri says:

Seriously awful program. It doesn't even offer 10% of what picnik offered.

view photos

cocoesperanza says:

Isn't Flickr frightfully embarrassed to add something like Aviary as it now stands...I would be running for cover if I had ever done something like this...which I wouldn't.

The ' problems ' are that it is pathetic..........

view photos

CTPPIX.com says:

I just tried to edit a photo and very disappointed!!
There is no frames,straighten tool and character(size) options on texting!!
Horrible program.

view photos

cybele- says:

Aviary does load significantly faster.

I would love to see better text options.

There's only one very narrow font ... no option for even bold or italics. No other fonts.

Can we also get an option on transparency/drop shadow. Many of us like to put an attribution on the photo itself, as so many people like to co-opt photos on the web. I can do it in Photoshop, but sometimes I want to do it on the fly with something I took on my phone.

view photos

cocoesperanza says:

Flickr just gets worse, despite all talk to the contrary....

view photos

Vadrian Seven says:

To me, it doesn't matter that this switch happened today.
What does matter to me is what picnic has been replaced with. I just signed in and was like, "Oh, ok--here is the new editor."
But after checking it out, I have to say, Booooo!!
Really??! That's it??
Did everyone at flickr HQ seriously think this crumb would replace the buttery slice of whole wheat toast that was picnic?
Like someone said above,
Aviary just seems to be a really basic phone editor app.
I was a Very Heavy picnic user
and this replacement is a Huge letdown
--and that's putting it lightly.
And I just renewed my pro account earlier this morning--
so I can only pray that there are waaaaay more features
added to Anorexic Aviary.

view photos

a.k.a. Pedestrian Photographer says:

Please add 4x6 horizontal crop.

view photos

TheeErin says:

I about fell over when I read Flickr's condescending "intro to Aviary" blog post by Georges Haddad.

Editing on Flickr should be simple and fun. With the Aviary editor, beginners will find that there’s almost no learning curve ...
Obviously since picnik is a Google product, Flickr cannot do anything about its demise. However -- using lowdown patronizing language to pitch a substandard replacement reveals just how much Flickr underestimates the capabilities and expectations of its core subscribers.

Major fail Mr. Haddad.

view photos

thelearnedfoot_ says:

I have a large blog that's photo based. I keep my photos on Flickr and when I need a photo to use, I can search thru my Flickr archives and find the right one(s). Sometimes those photos need a quick edit -- straighten, clean up sensor dust bunnies, perhaps a crop. I would use Picnik in lieu of finding the file on my hard-drive, firing up Photoshop, fixing it, then having to re-upload to Flickr. Picnick streamlined the process saving SEVERAL steps and it's the main reason why I've stayed with Flickr. If I'm going to have to do all my editing with Photoshop anyway, there's really no reason to stay with Flickr anymore (I have an account at SmugMug which I like better for nearly all other purposes except for my blog).

Aviary is one of the worst photo editing programs in terms of features that I've ever seen. It looks like something that would have been considered "cool" and "high tech" circa 1995. Maybe great if all you do is upload low resolution snapshots from your camera phone, but to even offer or pretend this is a viable option for anyone who views photography with any level of seriousness is insulting. I'm more than a little ticked that I signed up for another year of Flickr a few weeks ago.

view photos

drownedvalley says:

Just wondering... Why no staff response to this valuable feedback? It would seem your consumer base will only become more anxious and negative in their appraisals without some staff interaction.

view photos

cocoesperanza says:

Agree with the above... I am still P ********

How could anyone possibly describe this, as they did, as Exciting... it is next to useless unless you want to press buttons on your phone in the dark and not care about choices for decent photo and artwork

view photos

chloe & ivan says:

Guys, Aviary is awful and dumb.

You know I love Flickr.
And I love messing with my photos.
This is unbelievable and embarrassing.

view photos

Neva Swensen says:

I am unable to Save a photo after editing.

view photos

chloe & ivan says:

*goes to play Angry Birds...

view photos

lin marcus and mulligan says:

Why didn't you just keep Picnik? Aviary doesn't even come close....its for the birds. :-(

view photos

Preston Digital Archive says:

Aviary is Total Rubbish. Where's the straightening tool? I need to straighten my images as well as rotate them.

Since joining Flickr 3 years ago each attempt at improving the user experience has resulted in a series of retrograde steps. This so called "exciting new change" tops the lot. What a disgrace Flickr.
Preston Digital Archive edited this topic 25 months ago.

view photos

The Ewan says:

Why didn't you just keep Picnik?

Google bought and closed it; that's really not Flickr's fault.

view photos

Photo Squirrel says:

Wow. Pure JUNK. I was looking forward to working on my photos at the end of a long and stressful day. You got rid of a easy to use photo editor (granted out of your control) but instead of replacing it with something near the same quality you are trying to shove phone app TOY down our throat and tell us it's better as we choke.
Yes I can go and take my images and work on them somewhere else before uploading them but come renewing time will my membership price stay the same (or even go up?) with less features now?
Are you listening to us or are you just going to go the Google road and do what you want anyway?

view photos

Preston Digital Archive says:

Anyone have an idea how to keep using Picnik until April 19?
It's been removed from my actions menu. Although Picnik.com is still active it only allows uploading a single image at one time - very time intensive.
Preston Digital Archive edited this topic 25 months ago.

view photos

Miwok. says:

I'm very not happy about all that!
I don't like Aviary. I'm very mad about yahoo.
And what next? Closing Flickr maybe...

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
(1 to 100 of 1,571 replies in [Official Topic] New Aviary Photo Edit tool -- Feedback and Bugs)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads