Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Search (Beta)
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Announcement] Flickr now supports public domain and CC0 works
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing Flickr Tab for Chrome
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Uploadr for Mac (Beta)
Latest: 16 hours ago
[Official Thread] Personalized photo recommendations on Android (Koala Beta)
Latest: 3 days ago

Current Discussion

Paid Subscriptions but no Stats Page?
Latest: 13 minutes ago
no access to former email; unable to change anything for that reason
Latest: 15 minutes ago
Odd Error message.
Latest: 18 minutes ago
Stats Page Missing
Latest: 29 minutes ago
Flickr search will not work in internet explorer 11
Latest: 60 minutes ago
accused of being a bad guy
Trying to log in from new device when primary email is defunct
I would like to upload a set of four shots
Unable to invite photo to my group that I admin
A new "Date Posted on" bug?
"Member Since" Date
iphone autoupload not uploading videos?
Latest: 3 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Topic] Justified Layout -- Bugs? Oh no!

Flickr Staff

Xerxes2K says:

Hi there!

As we just announced on FlickrBlog, we are gradually rolling out the new Justified layout on the Photos from your Contacts page.

This is the official Justified Layout bugs thread, and seeing you here, we assume that you already found a bug on the new page. Oh no!

We're sorry, but are glad you made it over to tell us. Please be as detailed as possible in describing the weird behavior of iffiness of the new page layout you are seeing. If you have a screenshot, even better. We'll get back to you as soon as possible to find out what's amiss.

Update 03/22/2012:
We also just rolled out the new justified view on Your Favorites page. You can read more about it on FlickrBlog, and if you are encountering any bugs or weird behavior, this is still the thread to let us know about it.

=== FAQs ===

The page works well for me, but I simply want to tell you how much I love/think about/hate it!
That's perfect, because your feedback really helps us improving things. So please come over to the Justified Feedback thread we'll see what we can do.

I don't see the new justified layout yet, can you add me to it?
We’re rolling out Justified view gradually over the next few days, so if you don’t see it right away, please stay tuned – it’ll appear for you within the next days.

I miss the old layout, is there any way to have it back?
The new design optimizes for displaying more and larger images, but if you prefer the old view, you can simple choose another View in the top right of the page.

[Edit: fixed the link to the feedback thread]
Posted at 12:00PM, 28 February 2012 PDT ( permalink )
Xerxes2K (staff) edited this topic 37 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 245 replies in [Official Topic] Justified Layout -- Bugs? Oh no!)
view photos

Eyesplash - What happened to winter says:

will this change make explore possible after 3 years of exclusion?
Posted 38 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

kmacgray says:

?

view photos

A@nalog-summer says:

looks like a winner all the way if you don,t like it just switch back
I would love lots of possebilities to choose from to make the site (my small part of flickr) the way I like and hope this will happen with all the changes that seem to come this year

view photos

Яick Harris says:

??

view photos

~carie~ says:

On some of the pics in my justified view, the fave star is hidden under the photographer's name. The two things seem to be running into each other.

view photos

Proggie says:

The 99+ faves => 1 when faving a photo with 99+ faves still there.

view photos

jerang says:

Love the changes!

Bug --> looks like whenever the 'load-more' async call fires off, it reloads all the images on the pages and hence creating a white flicker when you scroll to the bottom of the page.

Update: using Chrome 16 on a Mac.
jerang edited this topic 38 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix says:

- Thanks for reports. We are looking into those issues.

view photos

~carie~ says:

I'm using Chrome as well.

view photos

~carie~ says:

sorry. accidental double post

view photos

doustpauline of > \whatwhenwhere/ <all behind. says:

well i don't know if the new re,arrangement affects other things but iv'e lost the[ box/link to add a comment??on contacts streams.??] can only establish a fav.whic i dont like to do with out adding comment.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix says:

- This feature should not affect ability to comment, but I'm not sure that I clearly understand the problem that you are describing.

Please provide more details. There is no way to add comment on a photostream. You should be able to leave comments on individual photos or videos (unless owner turned off ability to comment for a given photo or video). Feel free to post a comment on any photo in my photostream and see if this works for you.

view photos

Cat Sidh says:

I have a weird gap between April 24, 2011 and September 25, 2011. I know my contacts had to have uploaded photos during that period, but there aren't any. No big deal, but it makes me wonder if there are other gaps.

view photos

Flickr Staff

pkingDesign says:

Proggie asked why the fave counter does not increase beyond 99+ on super popular photos.

Basically we don't want to show really big numbers in there - there are some photos with thousands or tens of thousands of faves and those larger numbers take up space. We use 99+ for anything with more than 99 comments.

You should see a pink star on any photo that you've added as a favorite. So even if the fave count does not increase, there is a way to easily tell if you've added a photo as a favorite.

view photos

fantartsy JJ *2013 year of LOVE!* says:

Does this new layout stop us from being able to send our photos to other members? My little envelope above my photo which is used to send my photo to other members or family is not working. Is this temporary?

view photos

Flickr Staff

phil dokas says:

Thanks for the report, we just deployed a fix for that issue.

view photos

~Jany~ says:

Loving the new look but it's not playing nice with Google Chrome, have to switch to Safari to see it...
Also can't figure out how to comment directly in that view?
~Jany~ edited this topic 38 months ago.

view photos

Rob Dunlavey says:

The thumbnails vanish after a few seconds (on Safari, running Mac OS 10.4). Then all I see is a flickr progress animation saying "fetching more photos". Bottom half of the page has clickable names and other things visible but no images. The page hangs and progress animation just goes on & on. Please solve; I miss seeing my friends' work! Maybe I'll try in Firefox.

view photos

SouthWestDreams  says:

Same thing here as Rob above. It loads up a batch at first then gets greedy and nothing but fetching. On safari, on a mac.

view photos

Proggie says:

pkingDesign: the bug is not that it stays at 99+ (that's what I expect). It's that when I fave it, 99+ changes to 1

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix says:

- Could you please provide more details on OS, Chrome Version and if you are running any browser extensions. There is no commenting directly in Justified view - after clicking on comment icon you should end up on the photo page where you can comment.

- What version of Safari do you use? 10.4 is a fairly old (5+ years if I'm not mistaken) operating system. It is very possible that your Safari version is not supported.

- Could you please provide more info on OS and Safari versions?

- Got ya! I'm going to try to reproduce that one. Reproduced. This is definitely a bug. Thanks for reporting it (again), sorry we missed your initial report.

[Edited: Reply to Proggie]
morozgrafix (staff) edited this topic 38 months ago.

view photos

shutterbroke says:

After seeing Justify on my contacts most recent uploads I changed the view individually to see what it would be the effect. Now I'm stuck on Large Thumbnails. Can't change to any other view.

view photos

~Jany~ says:

Ok, here we go. I had the Patr extension running and that is what was messing everything up....thanks.

view photos

Gab & Liz says:

Love the new view, but in justified view, should rolling over photo with mouse provide an enlarged pop up of photo? I'm not getting this (FF 10). The Yahoo corporate blog suggests this should be the case:

"Scroll-over functionality gives way to high-resolution pop-up images"

ycorpblog.com/2012/02/28/product-pulse-february-28th-2012...

view photos

biterus says:

Hello, I can't see the new view. The new option does not appears.

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

Not a bug.
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629111916896/#reply7...

view photos

G'Hopper says:

My layout is completely messed up at the moment. Everything is shoved to the left-hand side of the screen and has been for the last 2 hours or so. I assume that it has something to do with the new justified layout. Using both Firefox and Google Chrome.

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

You can change from the justified view back to the previous view.

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

My layout is also completely messed up... all the links which are normally at the top of the page (Home, You, Organize & Create, etc) are now shown down the left side of the page (in the Times New Roman font).

I'm having the same problem in Internet Explorer, and in the latest versions of Google Chrome and Safari.

view photos

Mr Baggins says:

My layout is completely messed up as well - about the same as Panorama Paul above

view photos

ppucci says:

My contacts is screwed like it's 1985. Is this the big news?

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

Is that only on the Contacts page? What happens if you go back to regular thumbnails?

Might be an unrelated issue:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629115987018/

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

Nope... unfortunately this problem exists on all pages. I can't even change the layout of my contacts' latest page... I'm currently seeing the "medium" view... but I when I click on the little down-arrow on the right (to display the layout styles)... nothing happens (it's not clickable).

view photos

G'Hopper says:

I can't change it at all. I don't have the justified view yet and it's on all the pages, not just the contacts page. :-)

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

The included link is definitely unrelated to my problem... I can see all my photos (and my contacts' latest photos)... but with the Times New Roman font... it looks like I'm using a text-based browser from the 1980s! Is there any way that I can send you a screen-capture?

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

It sounds like a style sheet may have gotten corrupted. I believe they are served from YCS, which the OP in the linked thread indicated wasn't connecting. Try going to the test page and see what your connectivity is like.

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

Thanks for the assistance Patrick.

All the circles are green and ticked in the first section (Farm 1 to Farm 8)... but only the first three in the second section are green and ticked.

The last image (YCS) is missing... no green circle... but no red circle either? There is a small 16x16 "broken link" icon over ALL the circles... the green ticked ones... and for the missing YCS circle.

I hope that makes some sense?

view photos

..Goose.. says:

When scrolling down the contact page while it's still loading (Firefox), the browser window disappears briefly showing whatever is behind it. Browser takes focus after a few seconds

view photos

Mr Baggins says:

My whole Flickr page is still messy - same status a two hours ago - all on left - what gives?

view photos

A Dharma Bum says:

i'm having the same problem.

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

I think there is an issue with YCS affecting the way your pages are presented. I doubt it has anything to do with the new contact page layout; whilst that may be new to you, it has been available to some members for weeks. I suspect you'll have to wait another couple of hours until day breaks in San Francisco and some technical whizz sees the spate of help forum threads (or some internal alert) and goes off to execute a well aimed kick at some server or network device.

view photos

Mr Baggins says:

Looks like a script issue to me - I've tried it in IE, reloaded Firefox, tried it in Safari and it looks too terrible - everything on the left - yeah I'll wait until 2morrow as the site is unusable in any event as is - I'm not even going to try and upload anything - ironically my Flickr Pro was renewed yesterday!

view photos

G'Hopper says:

Oh, may that kick be swift and powerful!

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

I've just arrived home from the office and everything works fine now (a different ISP)... so either you've fixed the problem... or it's ISP related??

view photos

Zachi Evenor says:

The problem still persists. When I tried to view my photostream and photoes from another computer (but same network) the view was OK, but in my computer the problem is still there, even though I updated my browser and Flash player to the most updated versions today.

The problem had begun yesterday, after I renewed my Pro account. This, and the problem with the YCS server (see www.flickr.com/help/test/ ), are related to the broken display. I can see my photoes but the all-around envelope is totally messed-up and appears as rough text instead of the regular design.

Is any Flickr tech-wizard working over this problem?

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

Oops... it seems like I spoke too soon!

Everything now looks fine on my main photo-page... but the problem is still persisting with all the other Flickr pages. :(

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

It's certainly not uniform. My pages are absolutely fine. If it was widespread, then I'm sure the HF would be awash with reports, as opposed to the current trickle.

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

Oops... and now the main page isn't working anymore either!!???????

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

Now you are on a different network, clearing your cache might help. You might just have corrupted pages stuck in there.

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

Nope... I've just cleared the cache and the pages are still not loading properly.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

Probably not a bug:

In IE8, going to the Contacts page locks up my computer.

Why it's probably not a bug:
* IE8 is an old version of IE (but the newest one I can install; Microsoft doesn't allow IE9 on XP systems)
* My computer is several years old.

(Works fine in Chrome and Firefox, neither of which are now the latest versions.)

view photos

A Dharma Bum says:

I've just cleared the cache too, working with Chrome and everything is a total mess..

view photos

Claudio.Ar says:

I opened a thread 4 hours ago, the problem seems to be related to YCS servers

secure.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629115987018/

Some other people are complaining some similar problems at :

secure.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629116143980/

view photos

J*. says:

All my flickr is completely messed up, I do not see anything properly.
The menus appear stacked, it is impossible to browse any of the pages. Everything is scrambled.
J*. edited this topic 38 months ago.

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

At least I'm not alone in my misery.
Don't those techies in SF have cell-phones? It's 06:30 there... if I were working for Flickr and heard about this problem... I'd definitely skip breakfast to fix it!

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

Breakfast, yes; coffee, never!

view photos

Panorama Paul says:

I really like your icon Patrick... a nice calm reassuring smile... that's exactly what I need right now.

I'll go and get myself another cup of coffee instead of hanging around here waiting for news. :)

view photos

A Dharma Bum says:

has any of the flickr stuff addressed this isssue already?

view photos

O.K. Photography says:

It's not funny. I tried 3 browser, start the computer. No way, to get Flickr normal. Why you don't go back to the older version?
It's not a problem from the user. It's official!
O.K. Photography edited this topic 38 months ago.

view photos

A Dharma Bum says:

how do i go back to the old version?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Again, from the initial post in this topic:

I miss the old layout, is there any way to have it back?
The new design optimizes for displaying more and larger images, but if you prefer the old view, you can simple choose another View in the top right of the page.

view photos

A Dharma Bum says:

but the problems is that my flickr is all a mess,
white page with all the data stuck to the left, it's been going on for hours.

view photos

O.K. Photography says:

There is no top right of the page today. Everything is on the left side!

view photos

A Dharma Bum says:

exactly :)

view photos

Lifesrichpattern says:

I have had the same problem for the last few hours - all data on the left. So frustrating!! There is no top right for me either so can`t go back to old view.

view photos

kmacgray says:

but the problems is that my flickr is all a mess

Okay, but that isn't what you asked above:

how do i go back to the old version?

For the layout issues, perhaps staff will respond when they get back to this thread. It's still not quite normal business hours in San Francisco.

view photos

A Dharma Bum says:

thank you !
i hope they will solve it soon.

view photos

Roy 007 (Theo) says:

Catastrophe. No icons, layout completely in disorder both in Chrome and Explorer.

I don't understand how flickr could release such a version. A mess!

view photos

china.sixty4 says:

congrats looking forward to more!!!!
as mentioned on the "feedback' page - I have notice a bug and that is that there seems to be a grey strip on the right of many of my images of my contacts. (i AM USING GOOGLE CHROME0 Also some images seem to be cropped (as otherwise advertised) I seriously do not like to see cropped images these image crop when they appear on the right of the page. Looking forward to more changes - ROLL OUT FAST PLEASE
china.sixty4 edited this topic 38 months ago.

view photos

Sierragoddess says:

I could upload a photo but that is the only thing that I could do with Flickr today. The layout to the left side of the screen. If I refresh page, I get only text links. This is with Mac OS 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.2. Firefox 10.0.2 is worse as I can't get any thumbnails, only the text links. No share. No comments. Flickr: Did you do a beta? I didn't ask for this.

view photos

Dr. Harout says:

Only text links here too. No icons.
Win 7 using Firefox, but same with IE and Chrome.

view photos

Cathlon says:

I also have only text on the left of the screen (Windows 7 and Google Chrome). I did manage to upload a photo but cannot add title, description or post it to a group.
This has been the situation for 8 hours now!!

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix says:

It seems that broken layout is related to separate issue and is not caused by Justified view launch. www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629115987018/

We are looking into this issue.

view photos

Zachi Evenor says:

Now it is OK for me. I hope it was fixed for everyone else as well.

view photos

Jon Bakke says:

FYI - New issue in justified view.

If I have multiple windows (not tabs) open when I load the justified page, the justified view page on IE9 will sometimes go to the back of the stack for no apparent reason. Sometimes it comes back, othertimes I have to bring the window back up myself.

IE9
Windows 7 (64 bit)

update: Happens everytime when I have Word or Excel open.
Jon Bakke edited this topic 38 months ago.

view photos

estherxie90 says:

Seem to have a problem with the script. Unable to upload pictures via the flash mode and all data shifted to the left. Tried 3 different browsers and computers but still the same. Frustrating and disappointing that it has been 2 days and nothing is done. Why are we paying for a PRO account when I can't get my things done because nothing is done to solve a problem? Really a waste of my time!

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

estherxie90

Just three comments above yours, from staff:

"It seems that broken layout is related to separate issue and is not caused by Justified view launch. www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629115987018/ "

view photos

otty flyer says:

This format has cocked up too many peoples lives and created loads of bugs. Why try to improve on perfection.
Leave well enough alone and restore it back to the old format.
Posted 37 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

If a new option on a web page can cock up your life, it's time to take a reality check.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

restore it back to the old format.

As described above, you can restore your Contacts page to one of the other views.

(If you can't, that's a bug and should be reported as such.)

view photos

Path_Rider says:

I cannot see well the home page

Untitled-2

using chrome

view photos

Patrick Costello says:

Which is nothing whatsoever to do with the Contacts Page ...

view photos

Path_Rider says:

[Official Topic] Justified Layout -- Bugs? Oh no!

says Contacts Page.... where exactly....????

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

Path_Rider

Justified Layout -- Bugs? Oh no! says Contacts Page.... where exactly....?

First line of this official topic:

"As we just announced on FlickrBlog, we are gradually rolling out the new Justified layout on the Photos from your Contacts page." (emphasis mine).

The justified layout option only affects the contacts page at this time.

view photos

otty flyer says:

@ Patrick Costello... I dont need a reality check pal. This format has changed everything on Flicker. Every time I try to Access Justified, it comes up with Error on page. I didnt change anything, Flickr decided that I needed it not me. So dont start preaching to me coz your picking on the wrong person.

Rant over.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

otty flyer

See staff comment above:

"It seems that broken layout is related to separate issue and is not caused by Justified view launch."

And a link to a separate topic about layout issues:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629115987018/

view photos

kmacgray says:

As Wil points out, the issue you are seeing is a separate one from the contact page, which has been acknowledged by staff. For some reason, people are either not seeing it, or are choosing not to read it.

view photos

garrard_27 says:

When I go to the "Home" page and click on "More photos from my contacts", it brings me to a new page that seems to hang up every time. There is a new column marked justified that appears to maybe be a drop down. I clicked on it but nothing happens. I just get a white screen with no pictures. Also the little moving Flickr pink and blue dots appear in the center. I am unable to click on anything or view anything. Refreshing doesn't help. I don't have any problems anywhere else, just on this page.

view photos

SouthWestDreams  says:

To answer your question Mas OS 10.5.0 Safari 4.05.
Contact recent uploads begin loading fine. Says fetching more then just spins and nothing really.

view photos

SouthWestDreams  says:

OK tried viewing contacts recent uploads and seems to be working today.

view photos

BigGuy4U2011 says:

Did something go haywire ? I tried the justified page, but because of my slow internet, I had to go back to small view...everything was fine tell tonight, now it takes me back to the justified view every time and the page never loads, even the drop down menu.....I can use the link to get back to small view but it wont stay set, and yes cookies are on ...

view photos

garrard_27 says:

Yes it seems like this new format is not good. I am unable to view anything.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix says:

Just to be clear: we believe that issue that I have mentioned previously

"It seems that broken layout is related to separate issue and is not caused by Justified view launch." www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629115987018/

has been fixed.

- Are you still having issues with Justified view? Are you able to switch to other views? If you still have problems switching please provide some more details (Operating System, Browser and their versions). Is there a chance that you have Javascript disabled? Also please provide details on the Error that shows up on the page. Screenshots would help as well. All that information will help us troubleshoot the problem and get it fixed for you and everyone else.

Thank you.

view photos

BigGuy4U2011 says:

Small view still wont stay set, I use the link under contacts and click most recent uploads.....its been working fine tell tonight, now i have to use the link to small view from my browser favs.

Chrome 17
XP SP3
Dial-up

And FYI Justified never loads...just spinning balls and the drop down wont open either...

view photos

elphsnt says:

I am finding when I scroll down to look at my contacts it will either: a) "bounce" up to the top of the screen, or b) revert to the other opened window (I often have multiple windows open for browsing at any given time), or c) "blink" as it reveals the photos which is a bit annoying. It's not a smooth viewing experience (I am using Internet Explorer 9) which really makes it more of a nuisance than a help.

Again, as reported in the other feedback thread, like the concept but I feel a bit too much is going on. I prefer fewer photos and pages that limits the number of photos which are displayed at one time and would likely prevent the bugs I'm experiencing.

view photos

paulmi16 says:

I dont like the justified layout and want to change, but I can't. In fact I cant change anything on the contacts page. Presumably when the bugs are fixed I will be able to change. If not its account deletion time.

view photos

kmacgray says:

I don't get the whole point of threatening to delete ones account. I guess you're looking for a reaction, which is what exactly?

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

kmacgray

I don't get the whole point of threatening to delete ones account.

If you don't get the point soon, then I'm going to delete my account. And if that bothers you, feel free to threaten to delete your account as well. ;-)

view photos

BlueLily Arlene Giada says:

I love the layout, but!!! I had my photostream set on Large with sets...it was fine yesterday, but today only half of the first 2 photos are loading. I do not know if this is a result of the layout or something else going on. Using Firefox on iMac OX10.6, however all of the photos are displaying on Safari. I apologize in advance if this is not in the correct thread. Thanks!

view photos

Luc Leger says:

The tumblr share button doesn't work, it just open a new page and says "D'oh! There was a problem connecting this service. Please try again later.". It does this on some photos. But it seems to be getting worst.
Luc Leger edited this topic 37 months ago.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 245 replies in [Official Topic] Justified Layout -- Bugs? Oh no!)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads